• ...
 0
 186

Chapter 6: (Mis?)fortune in Saddle Arabia

After reading the diary meticulously, the pair discovered that their mother apparently left the village 10 years ago for survival reason. The last entry in the diary gave them the lead they needed to continue their quest. After what, Sunlight burned what was left of the village.

“Let’s go, said Sunlight. We’re going to Saddle Arabia.”

The nearest train station was at one day of walk from the pair. Once arrived there, they travelled to the next station and so one until they eventually stopped at Ponyville. There, they took a first class ticket for Saddle Arabia.

“Ah, finally, said Sunlight. After what we’ve been through today, i’m glad we got to chill”

“I never thought i would ever feel sick of trains, said Sunset. This is going to be the last time i take one.”

“How long before reaching Saddle Arabia?” asked Sunlight.

“Oh, i would say half a day” answered another passenger.

“Wait, that silhouette, said Sunset. You are from Saddle Arabia, right?”

“Yes, that’s right. I’m kind of a regular when it comes to travelling between Equestria and Saddle Arabia. You two are from Canterlot, right?”

“That’s right, said Sunlight. Sunset Shimmer’s here was a precious pupil of princess Celestia, when she was still the ruler. And i, Sunlight Blaze, am the son of a family of the richest noble family in Canterlot.”

“Well, I’m Jasmine Jade, said the Arabian mare. But you can call me Jade.”

“Nice to meet you, Jade, said Sunset. So, what are you coming to Equestria for?”

“I’m a merchant, answered Jade. I go to Canterlot once every two weeks to sell all sort of products from Saddle Arabia. If you are interested in buying things, i have lot of leftover products i didn’t sold. Please have a look”

Sunlight looked at the merchandise with interest. He saw something that got his attention.

“Is this...What i think it is?” he asked.

“Yes, Saddle Arabia’s legendary food product, The Red Hot Spicy Pie, said Jade. Made from 5 of Saddle Arabia’s most rare and spicy peppers and our most spicy chili. Then infused with Hot Pepper smoke and seasoned with chili powder on top. Spicy lovers can’t claim themselves real Spicy lovers without eating the Red Hot Devil Pie”

“I’m taking your entire stock!! Said Sunlight, How much?”

“Well, roughly 3000 bits for the entire stock of pies, answered Jade. You can pay with bits or jewels, we love jewels”

Sunlight gave her a small bag of sapphires, rubies, diamonds and emeralds.

“Does your friend always carry such a huge amount of precious gemstone on him? Asked Jade. He told me he came from a wealthy family, but that’s too much.”

“Actually, said Sunlight. I made them myself. I can turn any banal stone into a precious gem by using my mineral transmutation spell. An advanced Earth Spell that require deep knowledge of geology to master. Like this”

He turned a dull grey stone into a perfectly shaped diamond. Jade was speechless.

“You have no idea how many jewelry merchants would kill to have that ability, she said. I mean, turning a regular stone into a precious gemstone...You must be a very talented with magic. And not only merchants, but those pesky Diamond Dogs as well”

“Yes, i am aware of that, said Sunlight. Only Sunset and now you are aware of my ability. I trust my sister completely with keeping it a secret. But you, on the other hand...”

“Well, since you just bought some of my merchandise, said Jade. I’ll keep my mouth shut. If merchants hate something more than another merchant, it’s losing the trust of paying customers. Also my mother and soon, myself, is the only one who knows how to make those pies you bought. You are also the only one who willingly bought them...So, another reason not to lose you.”

“She’s being honest, said Sunset. Trust me, i can tell that she won’t say anything about your ability.”

“Wait, i thought those pie where Saddle Arabia’s most popular product? Asked Sunlight. So why did you said i was the only one who bought them?”

Jade let out a loud sigh.

“I was not lying, she said. They are popular, only in Saddle Arabia, though. They sold not well outside our kingdom. I always end up having to put almost all the batch to waste, so i can tell her i sold them all. The truth would break her heart.”

“Please marry me, said Sunlight, bowing to her. I’m in love!!”

Sunset choked on her saliva hearing that. Jade was surprised and blushing.

“Wait a minute, romeo!! Said Sunset, pulling him back. You can’t just propose to a mare out of nowhere like that!!”

“I’m touched that somepony powerful, charming and wealthy like you want to propose to me, said Jade. But i have no intention on getting married. Also, we litteraly just met 10 minutes ago...”

“Well, that was worth a shot, said Sunlight. I’ll have to think another way to get free Spicy Pies everyday.”

“Maybe you can convince my mother to give you the pie recipe, said Jade. But good with that. She’s very conservative with family secrets.”

Sunlight smiled devilishly.

“Gross, said Sunset, peeking into his mind. Don’t you even dare....”

“What is he thinking about?” asked Jasmine Jade.

“Well, he was thinking about sleeping with your mother” answered Sunset.

“Ha ha ha, that could work, actually, said Jade, amused. My mother’s sort of what you could call a Milf.”

“A what?” asked Sunset.

“Mom I’d Like to Fuck, answered Sunlight. Or in this case, Mare I’d Like to Fuck. And don’t ask where i learned this acronyme from.”

“You two are definitively the funniest pair i’ve seen in a while, said Jade. But i forgot to ask: what is your business in Saddle Arabia, by the way?”

“We are looking for our mother, answered Sunset. We found her diary and something about the likes of her going to Saddle Arabia. We hope we can find more lead on where she might be currently.”

“We’ve been at this for almost two weeks, said Sunlight. We took down a criminal organization in Las Pegasus, flew hundreds of miles on a ship, visited an island where lightning could kill us at any moment, a forest where everything tries to kill you and also a literal hell, you know, the normal stuff”

“Please, tell me more, said Jade. I love hearing stories from adventurers!! Tell me everything!!!”

“Well, we have for a long time before we arrive, said Sunset. Might as well learn to know our friend.”

Half a day later, the train stopped. The pair and their new friend left the train shortly after.

“It’s already dusk, said Jade. Hey, why don’t you come to my mom’s house for the night? We have more than enough guest room for the two of you.”

“I accept with pleasure, said Sunlight. Can’t wait to meet your mother...”

“I swear, said Sunset. When it comes to spicy food, you are impossible.”

The trio arrived 20 minutes later at the mare’s house. She opened the door.

“I’m back, Mom!! She said. And i brought 2 people from the outside!!”

Her mother came out of the kitchen.

“Oh, she said. You two are Equestrian Ponies!! And unicorns as well!!”

“Nice to meet you, ma’am, said Sunset. I’m Sunset Shimmer! And this is Sunlight Blaze, my br...”

“So, your daughter told me you were the only one to know the recipe of those sweet, sweet Spicy Pies, is that right?” asked Sunlight.

“It’s true, said Jade’s mother. But why do you ask?”

“I fell in love with your Spicy Pies immediately after tasting one, said Sunlight. So please, is there any way i could convince you to give me your recipe?”

“No, she answered. I don’t even share it with my closest friends, so what make you think i would give it to you. This recipe
Had passed from generation to generation and i intend to keep it that way.”

“Sis, said Sunlight. Read her mind and find the recipe.”

“No, she said. I won’t do that, that would be a violation of her privacy”

Sunlight showed a big diamond to Jade’s mother.

“Good try, she said. But wealth won’t lead you anywhere with me.”

Sunlight whispered in her ear something. She blushed and stepped back, red like a tomato.

“Damn it, she said. Did you tell him my weakness for well-hunged Stallions, Jade?”

“I’m really sorry, mom, answered Jade. But even if i didn’t told him, he still would have told you that.”

“Let’s make a deal, said the Mom. If you can satisfy me all-night, i’ll give you my recipe. But i’m telling you, i’m not easy to pleasure.”

“Let’s book an hotel, Jade” said Sunset, about to leave.

“Good idea, she said. I know a motel that’s very affordable!”

“Aren’t you hungry? Asked the Milf. I made my famous Red Mean Bean Soup!”

“I’m fine, said Sunset. Thank you for proposing.”

“See you tomorrow, Mom, Sunlight” said Jade.

They left and closed the door. Sunlight looked at her.

“What’s your name, by the way” he asked.

“Scarlet Pepper, she answered. But my friends just call me Red. I love my stallions nice and young”

“And...let’s cut to the next day!” said Sunlight.

The next day, Sunset and Jade entered the house and saw Sunlight eating a breakfast made by Scarlet Pepper. She was in a very bright mood.

“You look really happy this morning, Mom, said Jade. I suppose that night went really well for you.”

Sunlight was looking dead.

“Well, said this one. It was worth it for the Spicy Pie recipe.”

“Speaking of Pies, said Pepper. He filled mine with his cream, alright.”

“Mom!! She said. I don’t want to know the details!!”

“And i think i’m gonna lose my breakfast” said Sunset.

“Well, glad you two found satisfaction in that deal” said Jade.

Later...

“Your mother’s a monster of a whore, he said to Jade, traumatized and looking dead inside. I’m never making sex with a middle-age women again. I saw things...”

Sunset comforted him.

“Was it at least worth it for that recipe?” she asked.

“No, he answered. Nopony should never go through this. Nopony...”

“Sorry, i should have warned you that she’s a huge men-eater” said Jade.

“Maybe i should have read into her mind, said Sunset. I know what will boost your morale...Gosh, i can’t believe i’m doing this.”

She took a deep breath and made a Kawai face.

“It’s gonna be okay, Oni-Chan, she said, mimicking a cat. I’m always here for you, meow!!”

Sunlight got overwhelmed by joy and got a nosebleed that sent him on his back.

“Oh crap, did i killed him!? Said Sunset, feeling sorry. I thought it would boost your morale!”

Sunlight lifted is hoof.

“I’m fine, he said. That took me offguard, but i’m fine. You Mimicking Maria from: The life of a dog-loving guy Who Received the Blessing of the Cat Goddess when He reincarnated in Another World, You made my day. Thank you, Sis.”

She helped him get up and was slightly embarrassed.

“I only do this because you’re my brother and that i love you, she said. I can’t stand seeing you all gloomy and dead inside”

Sunlight put a hoof on her shoulder.

“You’re the best sister i could have asked for” he said.

“Awww, she said, blushing. Thank you...So, anyway, why did we came here in the first place?”

“Oh right, our mother, said Sunlight. Are you coming with us, Jade?”

“I can’t, sorry, she said. I have to start replenishing my stock for the next time. But i’ll give you a lead. If your mother did came here, then she probably slept at the motel we slept last night, That and also the mayor’s office.”

“If that’s the case, said Sunset. Then they probably have a register with her name, kept somewhere...That would confirm she was indeed there.”

“I’ll look for archives in the mayor’s office, said Sunlight. You, you’ll take care of the motel.”

“Got it, said Sunset. Thank you for the information, Jade!! Hope we meet again!!”

Sunlight broke into the Town Hall and looked for an employee.

“This big gem is yours if you told me where the confidential files are stocked” said Sunlight.

The employee told him that the mayor was not in her office, which was the place where the key to open the door to the room containing all the confidential documents was located.

“I’ll give you another gem like that one if you don’t rat me out, okay?” said Sunlight.

The employee agreed. Sunlight went in the direction of the office and looked for any key. He saw a paint on the wall and removed it. He saw a small safe and used his magic to play with the lock system. The safe opened and revealed a key inside with a compromising photo of the mayor drinking. He took the key and the picture, just in case the mayor caught him red-handed. He shut the safe and locked it, then left the office and walked in direction of the file room. Once arrived in front of it, he used the key and unlocked the door. What was his surprise when he saw the mayor having a game of poker with shady-looking individuals. He and the players stared at each other surprised.

“I won’t tell anyone a word about this, said Sunlight. If you let me access the files.”

“Deal, said the Mayor. Look at what you’re looking for and get out. I’m about to win the jackpot!!”

Sunlight took a few minutes and found the file on her mother, Nova Dusk. He was about to leave but was tempted by the game of cards.

“Mind if i join in?” he asked.

“The more the merrier, said one of the players. You know how to play poker?”

Sunlight looked in his magic purse and pulled out a pile of gemstones and gold bits.

“Pfft, What a showoff, said the mayor. Alright, then, you can join the game after this round. Take this, A 4 of a kind of Kings!! I win!!”

She took the jackpot at the center. Meanwhile, Sunset used her telepathy to read the mind of the staff. She found in one of them the location of the room where the books containing the names of every client since it’s opening where located. She made her way to the room quite easily, mind controlling the guard into opening the vault. Once inside, she looked the most ancient registers for a couple of minutes.

“Nova Dusk, Nova Dusk, she said. Ah, there she is, her name!! Finally!! She indeed booked a room 10 years ago. So, she came here, no doubt about it.”

She took the page with her and left the vault.

“Sunlight!! She said, using telepathy. I found her name in the hotel register!! What about you?”

Sunlight received her message and replied also using telepathy

”I also found her file in the files room, he said. But I’m playing Poker with the mayor at the moment.”

”What? She asked. Since when do you play poker?”

”I’m really good at it, he said. I’m totally washing them at the game. I’m coming to join you after i’m done with this round”
Sunlight won the round and took the jackpot.

“Well, i had lot of fun, guys, he said. But i’m afraid i have to leave.”

“You’re one heck of a player, dear, said the Mayor. You’re as good as that other mare unicorn that beat me many years ago. Ah, that Nova Dusk, such a pearl...”

“Wait, you know her? Asked Sunlight. You knew my mother?!”

“Your mother? Said the mayor. That explain why you’re so good at poker. But yes, i knew her quite well. I imagine you want to hear from me about her, right?”

“I do, said Sunlight. Wait a moment, i’ll bring my sister here...”

He teleported outside the building and looked for Sunset.

“There you are, she said. You took long enough...”

“Follow me, he said. I’ll explain you on our way to the files room.

She followed him to the files room and Sunlight told him about the mayor and their mother.

“I’m back” said Sunlight.

“You knew our mother?!” asked Sunset, excited.

“You look a lot like her, said the mayor. Yes, i knew her quite well. She was one of my best friends.”

“That will wait next chapter, said Sunlight. Let’s end this one on this sentence...”