• Published 6th Jan 2022
  • 3,022 Views, 247 Comments

My Little Pony Destroyers are Magic. - CommonDash

  • ...
11
 247
 3,022

A Straight River?

Straight River was standing on a cloud above Ponyville doing his job to watch princess Twilight’s daughter as her secret guard.

The yellow Pegasus has seen many things and been on many adventures yet this assignment had him excited.

Straight River’s cutie mark was a pineapple ontop of a history book. With his equal love for hospitality and history it always excited him to watch history in the making. In the past 800 years he’s gone from ruins to ruins and explored some of the most dangerous places on Equis. He had some renoun under several different names. Eventually Celestia found out about his seeming immortality. So he ended up becoming a special guard. Special guards were just that, special guards often did impossible missions from recovering artifacts that could threaten equestria to actually being able to stall monsters like Triek. The thing they did most often though was spying.

Straight River expected the task of watching over Taylor to be boring and yet. The filly known as Taylor Fletcher was an enigma pulling out innovation after innovation. I mean sure it broke the prime directive. However The arms race she has started excited him. It was looking to be be a cross of the old Napoleonic wars mixed with the Great War. An equestrian Great War that was something he had not expected to see in his life time it was always too peaceful here.

“History always repeats itself. Because those who fail to remember history are doomed to repeat it.”

Yet this time it seemed different. They were on the advent of a new age. “The day when two army corps can annihilate each other in one second, all civilized nations, it is to be hoped, will recoil from war and discharge their troops.”

Unfortunately not all were old and wise like him or the Princesses. Richthofen was close but not there quite yet, hence the reason why Equestria was still technically neutral the Princesses haven’t chosen a side yet, and with the Prench ambassadors betrayal it’s looking less and less likely that we are to remain with our long time allies.

“I did it!” A voice shouts

Straight River looks up to see an old adventuring buddy of his.

“A.K. Yearling… and just what did you do?”River asks

“I’ve figured out your name! You finally owe me that date.” Yearling says happily

“Come on now Daring this is the 4th time you’ve done this… just give up and admit I’m too old for you.” River says

“No I won’t give up Flash Flood grandson of Flash Magnus. And great great great grandfather of Flash Sentry” Daring says with a smile

“Damn, you’re both right and wrong. Flash Flood technically wasn’t my first name try again later.” Straight River says smiling

Technically speaking his first name translates to Straight River or Straight Strong River in equestrian. He would take either of them if Daring managed to figure it out.
========================
Meanwhile just outside of the crystal castle.
“Hey?”

‘Radar contact? Really? Just keep an eye on it.’ Taylor says to her crew.

“Hey.”


Taylor’s radar showed that Pegasus watching her again, Strong River or something like that.

Twilight had mentioned guards and stuff he was probably one of them. Him and whoever that second Pegasus on radar was.

Taylor pondered for a bit before she was shaken from her thoughts by her adoptive mother. “Are you ready to see my school?”

“You bet I am mom!” Taylor says happily trotting behind Twilight.

“I can’t wait for you to see it!” Twilight announces happily.

It was another day in Ponyville.

Author's Note:

I’ve been busy transferring jobs I’ve got a week to go before I should have time to start writing more consistently again.

This is way too short and I’m sorry wanted to give you an update so I could tell you what’s been going on.