• Published 25th Dec 2021
  • 2,097 Views, 64 Comments

Nightmare at Hogwarts - Mother Moon, Daughter Shade - Moterius



If called upon by a ritual - most demonic beings follow the call. And on the other side of the magic stands - a human being, in a trance. Their wish will be heard and fulfilled for a price - in exchange for a soul, demons play nice.

  • ...
4
 64
 2,097

Letter

HOGWARTS SCHOOL
of WITCHCRAFT and WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore
(Order of Merlin, First Class, Grand Sorc., Chf. Warlock)

Dear Mx. Potter,
We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,
Minerva McGonagall,
Deputy Headmistress

“There’s also one for you,” Harry said, and I gave a snort.

Well, they’re not even wrong. I know nothing of this world's magic.

I looked over the letter again, blinking.

Wait. Oh, this is funny!” I exclaimed, laughing.

Harry tilted his head, reread the letter, then blanched.

“Mx?”

It seems like your magic now identifies you as neither male nor female. Considering this letter is probably addressed magically, that’s not too big of a surprise, the amount of energy fused to you is fairly sizeable. Don’t worry, you’re still male. Most of the time.

“You always say I’m supposed to spend time in both forms, and I noticed that my magic got a lot stronger while training alternatively in them. Do you know why?”

I nodded.

Why would I tell you to do that, if I wouldn’t? The two energies inside of you are completely different and were originally only bound thinly. But the more you train, the more your two auras become adapted to each other. It makes both halves stronger, and eventually, you probably can use abilities exclusive to one of your auras while in the form of the other.

He blinked.

“Like walking on clouds without a spell?”

For example. Hmm, how long do you guess they’ll need to realize we don’t have an owl to write back with?

“More than a week.”

You’re on,” I shot back, grinning.

In the end, it took about three days before another letter arrived, this time with a mailing address.

Well, that’s one solution,” I deadpanned, and Harry chuckled.

Scribbling a short answer on the paper, I then decide to spend the rest of the day teaching him how to make wards and barriers, much to his amusement. Privately, I was not amused about the fact that some magic was able to break through the wards on our house, otherwise, the owl wouldn't have found us.

I then made him repeat the exercises in his other form. I did not understand why he was so averse to doing it (I knew it wasn’t the transformation – I asked), but he at least knew he needed to do it if he wanted any chance at getting as powerful as I.

Power is almost always a – pardon the pun – powerful motivator.

A few days, a third letter arrived. It detailed how to find the ‘leaky cauldron’ and that I, as guardian of the child, were supposed to bring him there, and from there to Gringotts. There was a ‘Hogwarts scholarship’ Harry would receive if he had no vaults to his name, but many had some connection to the families that had money.

Considering his parents were wizards and had a quite not-humble abode when I was called upon, I knew there was little to no chance that we would need that money.