• Published 25th Dec 2021
  • 2,097 Views, 64 Comments

Nightmare at Hogwarts - Mother Moon, Daughter Shade - Moterius



If called upon by a ritual - most demonic beings follow the call. And on the other side of the magic stands - a human being, in a trance. Their wish will be heard and fulfilled for a price - in exchange for a soul, demons play nice.

  • ...
4
 64
 2,097

Prologue 3

“Mommy!”

I smiled at the boy, not having the strength to tell him that he should call someone else that. Over the last few years, I realized I essentially had adopted the small boy, and after doing some mind tricks with the responsible authorities, I now had an ID saying I was of English nationality.

Did I fail to mention that the world I had been summoned to was an almost perfect copy of Earth in 1981?

“Look what I found!” he said, holding up a blue rose. Small things like this seemed to happen around him and me, and it was a small pastime I allowed myself.

Unluckily without the internet like in two twenty, there was not much demand for hyper-realistic ‘art’ of anthros, and as such, I had started painting.

It was the 31st July 1986; Harry’s sixth birthday.

That’s wonderful. But do you remember what day it is?

“I don’t know… maybe it’s summer solstice?” he asked, and I was grinning at the fact that he was playing coy with me and stumped upon hearing that words come from a seven-year-old boy.

You’ve been reading all day in the library again, haven’t you,” I deadpanned, getting a grin from him.

“Yep! But it’s noon!” he said, gesturing up.

“That means presents!”

Chuckling, I gestured for him to come closer.

As you see, I don’t have any on hand, but maybe I can find some,” I stated, looking at him before putting my hand behind his ear.

Oho?” I asked, pulling it back, revealing an intricate coin from Equestria. It showed a detailed alicorn I knew to be Faust on one side and had the number ‘1000’ on the other. This coin was the coin with the highest value that was still being produced en masse in Equestria.

“Woow! Can you pull out books from behind my ears as well?”

I shook my head.

No, not like that. But I can do it in a different way,” I said, putting both my hands on the empty table in front of me. When I lifted them, there was a cooking book.

“Please, can you teach me?”

Once again, yes for one, no for the other, at least for now. Do you know the difference between pulling the coin and the book out of thin air?

Harry shook his head.

The coin is a trick. I am just moving it into my hand when you aren’t noticing. But this book appeared from nowhere. That, I moved with magic.

“Magic doesn’t exist,” Harry responded, and I chuckled.

It does,” I responded, ruffling his hair.

How about I prove it to you?

“Presents first!”

Sure, precious.


“It’s a magnet,” Harry stated, staring at the hovering orange next to the stack of toys and books.

I wasn’t too phased. I grabbed the orange, cut it open, and showed Harry that it was, in fact, normal.

I then started eating it.

‘Potter.exe stopped working. Please contact an administrator,’ I commented in my head.

“How?” he then asked, and I grinned.

Magic.

“Magic doesn’t exist?”

It is just hidden,” I said, pulling him close.

I then did something I haven’t done for a few months, pulling out my wings. Stretching them, I chuckled at the awed and shocked face of Harry.

They were big enough to touch the ceiling when stretched, and easily four meters across like that. And, when I moved one of them over Harry’s hand, allowing him to feel the individual feathers, he too had to admit that they weren’t fake.

Slowly tugging at my feathers, I found a loose one, handing it to Harry.

“It’s… real. You… you’re magic!”

I smiled.

Do you wish to fly, too?


Another few years had passed. Harry was now eight, and both a quite quiet, and a very inquisitive individual.

Right now, he was sitting in front of me, cross-legged, and forming a small spell between his fingers. It was an illusion/light spell, which was as powerful as he could handle right now.

It then vanished and reappeared to Harry’s right. There it blinked, before flashing out of existence.

“I did it!”

Very good. I knew you could do it,” I said, giving him a smile.

“Do you think I’m going to be a great wizard someday?”

With me training you, you’ll be peerless!” I responded, a confident and goofy grin on my face.

Hey,” I then said, getting his attention with the tone I used.

Wanna go flying?


Another one and a half years later. Harry was staring at the snow falling, looking up.

“Mom? Who makes the snow?”

I chuckled.

Harry, just because we can use magic to make snow does not mean that it is created by magic. Nature itself is more than enough to make it snow.

We sat there in silence for a while, but then Harry asked something I knew he would ask.

“…where’s dad?”

I was silent for a while.

I… I believe I have told you that your… real parents are… no longer here.

He nodded.

“Yeah, I know. But… where are they?”

Pulling him closer, I let him lay on top of me, guiding his head to rest on my chest so that he could hear my heartbeat.

Do you hear that?

He nodded.

Your parents… they did not leave and did everything they could to protect you. I took with me what was left of them.

“They’re here?” he asked, glancing at the spot my heart was.

In a way,” I responded, and Harry smiled, before turning around again.

“I’m glad.”

…come again?

“They’re part of you, right? That way, you all watch over me,” he said, and I just smiled, knowing that Lily and James Potter no longer were aware of their surroundings.

I had taken their name, but that was the only thing I took. The few valuables that were in their house, which I took after bringing Harry to a safe place were safely stored in my dimensional storage, and I would eventually give them back to him.

…do you want to see them?

“I can?”

In a way,” I said, taking out the photo album I had managed to save. It was a bit ripped, but it otherwise was in good condition, and the moving images fascinated Harry for the rest of the evening.

(The other items I took with me were a cloak made from old, but quite beautiful blue fabric, a ring Lily insisted me on wearing and I could tell had some interesting magic in it, and a golden key. Oh, and their entire stock of wine.)