• Published 25th Dec 2021
  • 2,098 Views, 64 Comments

Nightmare at Hogwarts - Mother Moon, Daughter Shade - Moterius



If called upon by a ritual - most demonic beings follow the call. And on the other side of the magic stands - a human being, in a trance. Their wish will be heard and fulfilled for a price - in exchange for a soul, demons play nice.

  • ...
4
 64
 2,098

Prologue 1

If viewed correctly, one could see a wave of magic burst out, turning the surrounding area, no, the world grey, as time stopped, freezing the dark wizard who was just moments from bursting through the door, the falling body of a man who tried to stop him, the crying child upstairs, and the woman having just finished pouring her mana and most of her life force into a spell on the ground in front of her.

In this stopped world, a single speck of colour was left – the dark blue glowing runes, while by all accounts they should have been red. A ring of blue formed in the empty middle of the spell matrix, turning the ground it covered into what seemed like a hole.

Out of the hole, ink-like smoke poured, almost black, yet with a touch of blue. It manifested itself, but that just meant it became more solid, and was now a dark cloud, only roughly humanoid with a face and arms, yet everything below its waist became a slowly thinning out cloud with no real structure to it.

Then, the cloud reached out with a pseudo-arm, touching the woman in front of it. She regained her colour, and fell over, looking up at the being she had managed to summon.

No safeties, no safeguards. And a limited timer on the summon. You are aware that I could just take your soul and be done with it?” it asked with something that had no right to be called a voice.

The woman shuddered, and it was impossible to tell if it was because she felt cold, because she feared the being in front of her, or because she realized her foolishness.

But your soul is very powerful... would I take it with force, it would probably weaken me instead of strengthening me. You have my interest, tell me what you called me for.

Realizing that she had forgotten about the dark lord, the woman’s eyes grew wide.

He is here! And will break through the door at any moment!”

He will not. Summoning rituals are something private. The universe goes out of its way to make sure they are not interrupted. Right now, we are the only ones in this existence that can even think, let alone move.

“Thank god,” the woman sighed, getting a snort from the being she had summoned.

I am as far removed from God as one can be. Your little ritual called on demons, not angels. But, you have my interest – what would you risk dying multiple times for, just to summon me?

She sighed, shakily standing up.

“The dark wizard I mentioned… he killed so many. His name is Voldemort, and thanks to a prophecy has been targeting my family. I… I don’t doubt that James is dead already,” she stated, looking down before returning her gaze to the dark being in front of her, her gaze hardening.

“I would not ask this if it were just me. I know the dangers of dealing with beings like you. He, however, would not stop, and I don’t doubt that he would create a reign of terror in Great Britain. And I want to protect my son, I wanted to protect my friends, but they are all dead now, and Sirius is hunting down Pettigrew.”

She placed a hand on her chest, looking up at the being.

“Please! Help me defeat the dark lord, and I will offer you my soul!” she begged, clearly desperate, but to her horror, the dark being shook it’s head.

I cannot do that.

“Why?” the woman responded, her voice barely a whisper.

You are already dead as well,” the cloud responded, floating down.

When you summoned me, you gave up almost all of your life force. This is due to something having to produce the energy to actually summon me here. You gave, although unwillingly, all but twelve minutes of your life force to summon me.

The woman blinked, then started to cry softly.

“I… I won’t even get to say goodbye to anyone…”

That is true. But you do not know one thing, and you forgot another. The first is, that if I want, I have photographic memory. The second…

The being moved over to a clock, which was not moving, yet was not defective.

The second is that right now, time itself is superficial. What you are seeing is only in our heads, this are our souls conversing with each other directly. And as such,

Author's Note:

The sudden end in the middle of the sentence is intentional