• Published 22nd Dec 2021
  • 4,680 Views, 117 Comments

Equestria Girls: Plus Ultra!!! - TriforceAndroid



Izuku Midoriya, aka Deku, finds himself in Camp Everfree and starts a series of adventures where he shows his heroic nature by being hero physically and emotionally.

  • ...
17
 117
 4,680

Chapter 10: Dance Magic Part 1

Later, Izuku and the rest of the Rainbooms were in the music room with Rarity excited to reveal her idea to raise money for Camp Everfree. However, Applejack didn't seem to agree at first.

"You make it sound like it's so easy," she said.

"That's because it is," said Rarity with excitement in her voice. "Even the girls from Crystal Prep agree. They're entering the contest too!"

Now Twilight began to show some concern. "They are?" She asked.

Izuku glanced at her. "Is something wrong, Twilight?" He asked.

Twilight shook her head. "No," she answered. "I just haven't heard from them ever since I left."

"Oh," said the young hero before placing a hand on her shoulder. "Did you try reaching out to them?"

Twilight shook her head again. "No. I'm too nervous to do that," she admitted.

"Is it because of how they treated you?" Asked Izuku. He then added, "Spike filled me in about what your old life was like. I'm sorry you had to go through that."

Twilight gave him a small smile. "It's no problem," she said. "I at least had Spike, Cadence, and my big brother."

Izuku gave her a sad smile. "You're lucky," he said. "I used to be tormented during my time as a junior high school student."

"Wait a minute," said Rainbow Dash before running up to him. "You were bullied too? Why?"

Izuku took a deep breath before answering. "It was because I was Quirkless," he said.

The girls were silent for a moment. They slowly looked at each other before glancing back at their friend. "HUH?!" They all exclaimed.

"Remember when I said that I was Quirkless?" He asked. The girls nodded in response. "Well, there's something I forgot to mention. If you're Quirkless, you're immediately an outcast."

"WHAT?!" Fluttershy yelled, a look of anger forming on her normally shy face. "THAT'S STUPID!!! WHAT A BUNCH OF MEANIES!!!"

Izuku was shocked by how angry the normally soft-spoken girl was at the moment. He had no idea that she could be this angry. He quickly patted her head to calm her down.

"I know that it seems dumb," he admitted. "But because of how common Quirks are in my world, having one is considered normal. If you have no Quirk, you're considered a freak."

"That may be understandable to some people," said Sunset with a scowl. "But I still think that it's very stupid."

Fluttershy had managed to calm down before pulling the hero into a hug. "I'm sorry about my outburst," she said. "You're just so sweet and kind that I don't think you deserve to be bullied like that."

"It wasn't just bullying," said Izuku as he pulled away from the hug with a small blush. "My childhood friend started to beat me up and call me 'Deku.' He had developed his Quirk and was praised for it. Unfortunately, he let it get to his head and started to think that he was the best." He sighed sadly. "I just wish he didn't end up being so cruel. For a long time, I hated being called Deku."

"But isn't that your hero's name? What changed your mind?" Asked Spike as he walked over to him and lifted his paws up to be picked up.

Izuku smiled a little before picking up the puppy and petting him. "It was all thanks to a very amazing person," he said. "She told me that Deku sounded like Dekiru, which means 'you can do it!' It made me very happy. So now, I wear that name with pride. My Deku doesn't mean 'useless!' My Deku means 'you can do it!'"

Everyone smiled at him before surrounding him in a group hug. "Man," said Rainbow Dash. "How do you manage to be such a good person, despite all the bad stuff that's happened to you?"

"I guess my drive to be a good hero keeps on the right path," said Izuku shyly.

They broke the hug and looked at Rarity. "So, do you have a plan?" Asked Izuku.

Rarity suddenly looked nervous. "Um… there seems to be a little problem," she said. "I need some of the fundraiser money to make the costumes for our video."

Sunset didn't seem to think that it was a good idea. "Um, how much is the prize money?" She asked.

"More than double of what we need to fix the camp!" Rarity exclaimed excitedly.

"Hmm… that's a huge risk," said Izuku. "On the one hand, it'll be worth it if the video is successful. On the other hand, if the video doesn't do well, our efforts will be wasted!" He was now deep in thought, debating whether or not using the fundraiser money was a good idea or not. Finally, he came to a decision. "I guess using some of the money will help," he said as he looked up at the Rainbooms. "So… what can I do to help?"

"Well, would you like to be in the video, darling?" Asked Rarity.

Izuku was already shaking his head. "No thanks," he said. "I don't know how to handle being on TV. Besides, you girls could use a cameraman."

Sunset gave him a smirk. "Are you sure it's not because you're embarrassed about dancing with a bunch of girls?" She teased.

Izuku blushed heavily. "I'm positive," he said.

Pinkie walked up to him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "No worries, silly," she said. "I think you'd be a great cameraman!"

Izuku smiled shyly. "Thanks, girls," he said gratefully.

Rarity glanced at the kind hero and said, "Darling, could you be a dear and find Photo Finish? I think she could help you find the right camera to use for our video."

Izuku nodded. "Of course," he said. Then he had a sheepish expression. "Um… what does she look like? And where can I find her?"

Fluttershy approached and gave him a photo. He took the photo and took a look at it. It showed a girl dressed in a black and white outfit with pink shades. She had blue skin and white hair. He glanced back up at Fluttershy.

"This is what she looks like," said Fluttershy. "I think she's in the art room."

"Oh, okay," said Izuku with a smile. "Thanks, Fluttershy!"

With that, he left the room and went to search for Photo Finish.

*****

"Awe, man," Izuku muttered to himself with embarrassment. "Why did I not ask where the art room is? I am so lost."

"Oh, the art room?" Said a voice. Izuku glanced behind him and saw a familiar girl looking at him with concern. He immediately recognized her: Octavia Melody.

"O-oh," he said. "Hello, Octavia."

Octavia smiled back. "Hello, Izuku," she said. "I hope you are doing well. So, why are you trying to find the art room?"

"I need to find Photo Finish," he explained. "Rarity and the other Rainbooms are planning to do a music video to raise money to repair Camp Everfree."

"Oh, I see," said Octavia. She gave him a very warm smile. "I can't thank you enough for saving me back at camp."

Izuku blushed a little and said, "It was nothing."

Octavia wrapped her arms around him and hugged him. "No, it was something," she said. "You were very brave to save me." She looked at him with a soft gaze. "I see why the Rainbooms like hanging out with you. You're a very nice boy."

"Th-thanks," he said. "Um… can you help me find the art room please?"

Octavia nodded with a smile. "Yes, of course," she said as she grabbed his hand. "Come with me." With that, she led the boy to the art room.

*****

"Here we are," said Octavia as they now stood in front of the art room. "Photo Finish should be on there."

Izuku smiled at her. "Thank you, Octavia," he said gratefully.

"It was my pleasure," she said. "Good luck with the music video." She gave him a quick hug and a kiss on the cheek before walking away.

Izuku shook away his blush before stepping into the art room. He glanced around and saw plenty of pictures. He couldn't help but smile at them.

"Wow," he said quietly. "A lot of the students are artistic." He then called out, "Photo Finish? Are you here?"

"One moment, please," said a voice from the back of the room. Izuku looked towards the back and saw Photo Finish with a camera. He gave her a smile as she approached.

"Good afternoon," he said politely. "Are you Photo Finish?"

Photo Finish nodded before taking a quick picture of him. "That's me," she said. "You're Izuku Midoriya, yes?" She smiled as the boy nodded, dazed by the photo she took. "It's nice to finally meet the boy who helped the Rainbooms back at Camp Everfree." She shook his hand eagerly and added. "I've been trying to get a photo of you to use for the Midoriya fanclub."

"O-oh," said Izuku with a blush. "Y-you don't have to do that!"

Photo giggled at him. "Trixie was right," she said. "You really are a nice fellow. Now, what can I do for you?"

"I was wondering if you have a video camera that I could borrow," he said. "Rarity is planning to make a music video for a contest to earn money for Camp Everfree."

"Oh," said Photo. "I see." She gave him a smile. "Are you gonna in the video as well?"

Izuku shook his head rapidly. "N-not really," he stuttered nervously. "It's the Rainbooms video. I don't think I'd fit in. B-besides, they need a cameraman."

"I see," Photo said. "Quite a gentleman. Have you ever held or used a camera before?"

Izuku shook his head and said, "No. But I can learn how to use one."

Photo approached him and wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "Well, lucky for you, I'm an expert making videos," she said. "So, I'll help you with the video. You do the recording and I'll put in the effects for the video to make it very pretty."

Izuku smiled and blushed at her before nodding. "Thank you," he said. "We need all the help we can get."

"Well, then," said Photo. "Let's find the Rainbooms. We've got a video to make!"

Author's Note:

Well, here's the chapter. I know that Izuku said that he wouldn't be on the video with the Rainbooms. But what do you guys think? Should he be on the video as well? Or should he stick with being the cameraman? I'd love to hear your thoughts. Join me for the next chapter.

Now, I have thoughts on having Izuku convince Rarity and the Shadowbolts to work together. Should I do that, or just stick with the way the special was made?