• Published 9th Jan 2022
  • 5,314 Views, 59 Comments

Cozy Hearts - Princess Starflight



Ten years ago, princesses Celestia and Luna, with the help of Discord, trapped Cozy Glow in stone. Flurry Heart is not pleased and decides to change this.

  • ...
8
 59
 5,314

Chapter 13 - Escape

Cozy Glow waited, and waited, and waited. When was Flurry going to teleport her? Had Flurry decided not to?

Suddenly, a short note appeared in front of her. Cozy immediately picked it up and started reading it.

Cozy,
Of course I'll do it. That's what friends are for.
-Flurry.

Cozy stared at the F-word. Friends. She groaned in disgust and made a not-so-cute face. "Yeah, yeah, that goody-goody still believes in friendship," she muttered to herself. "So what? I'll convince her. It's my destiny." She smiled down proudly at her cutie mark. Then she thought of something. "Wait, why do I care if she's good or not? She's not worth it...right?" She thought a little more. "Well, I guess it would be more fun if she was bad. Eh, guess that's all."

Suddenly, Cozy felt herself being surrounded by a very uncomfortable...thing. It was bright yellow in color. Flurry's magic.

Cozy closed her eyes and scowled at the sadly familiar feeling of being encased in magic. But strangely, Flurry's magic felt...different, somehow. It felt warm, in a good way, and made Cozy feel hopeful and even happy. Cozy's scowl softened into a smile. She hadn't felt this good since she was with Tirek and Chrysalis, working together...

And just like that, Cozy Glow was outside the castle, and the amazing feeling was forgotten. She smirked. YES! What a good backstabbing to Flurry's parents. They had no right to ground Cozy. Maybe Flurry, but not Cozy. She wasn't their daughter.

Cozy looked up at the window with a visible magical barrier around it. Flurry was up there, probably doubting Cozy would come for her.

But she would.

Cozy flapped her wings. Ah, it felt so good to fly again! She stretched in the air and raced up to the window. She, surprisingly, passed easily through the magical barrier, but didn't think about it much. Cozy looked at the window, contemplating how to open it. There wasn't a lock, not a visible one, anyway. So Cozy went with the simple way. She flew back a few feet, then rushed forward and whammed her head - literally a head-butt - against the window. The thing shattered to pieces.

A cold wind blew into Flurry's room.

"Hello," Cozy said.

Flurry peered back at her. "Wow. Um, nice job. But did you really have to break it?"

Cozy shrugged and started picking out little shards of glass from her fur. "Well, there wasn't anything I could unlock, so..."

"It's fine. I can get it fixed. There are more important things to focus on right now," Flurry said. "First of all...thanks for actually getting me out of here. I mean, 'cause you're..." She trailed off.

"Yeah."

"But you've earned my trust." She smiled. "So, um, thank you."

Cozy shrugged again. "Golly, it was easy."

"But it was the fact that you actually did it that makes me grateful."

"Well...okay, then." Cozy bit back a retort. "So. What now?"

Flurry thought for a second. "Um...I think we should go somewhere before my parents find out we're gone. We can return before sunrise and pretend we were never gone. Um. I think? Do you think that'll work?"

"Hmm...not the best plan, but it'll do. Where should we go?" Cozy asked.

"Well, I know a really nice place. I used to go there all the time when I was a filly, when I wanted to think things out or when I needed comfort. Wanna go there? We can talk about...things...there."

"I guess."

So, with Flurry leading the way, Cozy and Flurry flew off towards the "really nice" place. Eh, well, I guess I'll see if it really is a nice place when we get there, Cozy thought. Then I'll know what kind of places a Princess should like, and it'll prepare me for...

"Cozy?"

"Yes?"

"Can I please teleport us there? It's far away and I don't want to spend the whole night flying."

Cozy frowned at this. "Do you really have to teleport us?"

"I guess not, but I really want to. And I know how you feel about ponies encasing you in magic, but I promise I'll be quick. Please?"

Cozy rolled her eyes, but she said yes. And once again, the indescribably beautiful feeling came upon her, and once again, it disappeared as soon as it had come.

"We're here," Flurry said.

"Already?"

"Yes. But we're still in the air. Let's land." So they did.

"Okay, now we're really here."

Cozy Glow looked around. It was just some grassy area on the outskirts of Ponyville, the place between the little town of ponies and the Everfree Forest. She shivered as she realized she was kind of near that "Good Pond" thing.

But actually, it was a pretty nice place. There were no trees except the Everfree Forest in the distance, but there were a few small bushes here and there. Not a lot of stuff here, except for grass. It was a good place to think things out.

"Nice," Cozy admitted.

Flurry beamed. “Glad you like it. I used to go here all the time when I was…”

“You already said that before. You’re repeating yourself.”

Flurry looked slightly annoyed, but she bit back some not-so-nice words. “Right…sorry. Anyway, I really think we need to talk about some…things.”

Cozy groaned. There were too many things going on and thinking about them gave her a headache. “Fine. I guess we should have done this a long time ago. It’s just…golly, what a big mess.”

“I know!” Flurry agreed. “Okay. Okay. Let’s start from the beginning...”

Author's Note:

So Flurry is breaking the promise she made in Chapter 3, where she promised herself she would never run away again. Well, technically she didn’t run…she flew…but I don’t think that matters. Golly, Flurry, I really thought you were better than that. Oh well.