• Published 9th Jan 2022
  • 5,314 Views, 59 Comments

Cozy Hearts - Princess Starflight



Ten years ago, princesses Celestia and Luna, with the help of Discord, trapped Cozy Glow in stone. Flurry Heart is not pleased and decides to change this.

  • ...
8
 59
 5,314

Chapter 8 - Forgiveness?

"And that's the end of the story," Sweetie Belle said, her eyes drooping in boredom despite the interesting events in the story. Flurry Heart nodded, and Cozy didn't say anything. The pegasus had a bored expression on her face. Neither Sweetie nor Flurry could blame her.

Scootaloo and Apple Bloom sat in shock for a few moments. The latter was the first one to recover. She shook her head a few times, and opened her mouth to say something.

Scootaloo beat her to it. "So are you all saying that Cozy Glow, Public Enemy Number One, a pony who faked being friends with the CMC and me and tried taking over Equestria two times, is sitting right here in the room as me?! Is that what your saying? IS IT?!" The orange pegasus was nearly trembling with anger.

"Whoa there, Scoots, calm down!" Apple Bloom said, trying to put her hoof on her friend's shoulder. Scootaloo pushed Apple Bloom's hoof away and started walking slowly towards Cozy. And if looks could kill, with the look Scootaloo was giving her, Cozy would've been a goner.

Scootaloo kept on advancing on the pink pegasus until she was huddled in a corner with an expression on her face that looked like fear. Sweetie Belle could've sworn she heard Cozy whimper, but she decided to dismiss the thought.

"You...you nasty little...AGH! YOU THINK YOU CAN MANIPULATE US?! Well, think again!" Scootaloo screamed at Cozy.

"Scootaloo, calm down! This is goin' a lil' too far..." Apple Bloom tried to pull Scootaloo away from Cozy Glow, but the angry pegasus didn't budge. Not one inch.

Flurry and Sweetie exchanged worried glances. Should I...? Flurry asked Sweetie through her facial expression. Sweetie nodded. Her countenance said, You should.

Flurry used her magic and dragged Scootaloo away from Cozy while she screamed, "Let me at her! Let me at her!"

"I think we should have...a talk...with Scootaloo," Sweetie Belle said.

"LET ME AT THAT BI-"

"Yeah, Ah think we should," Apple Bloom agreed with Sweetie Belle.

With the help of Flurry Heart, the ponies managed to contain Scootaloo and drop her in another bedroom sort of room. Flurry shut the door behind her and heard somepony lock it. Sweetie Belle or Apple Bloom, probably. And then Flurry Heart and Cozy Glow were left alone.

Flurry decided to also have a talk with Cozy, like the Cutie Mark Crusaders were doing with Scootaloo. Though she imagined it would be ten times harder and more awkward with (mostly) calm Cozy than angry Scootaloo.

Technically, she wasn't wrong...

"Um...hi?" Flurry started. Then she mentally slapped herself. That sounded so, so shy and lame. And it sounded like Flurry wasn't sure of herself. She was not a shy, unconfident pony. She was brave Flurry Heart, the daughter of two very powerful ponies, future ruler of the Crystal Empire, and an alicorn at birth. Also, she was the only pony brave (and kind) enough to free Cozy Glow. She should act more like herself. But Cozy Glow made her feel so shy and awkward. Somehow Flurry didn't think it was because Cozy was kind of a villain. She didn't exactly know why, though.

"Hi." Cozy's flat and bored voice shook Flurry out of her thoughts.

"So..." Flurry didn't know how to start this conversation. She decided to not beat around the bush and get to the point. "I've been noticing something a little weird. Sometimes you act innocent and kind, but other times you're kind of...angry and...crazy...?" she said, getting quieter with each word. Why did she say that?

"So can you please just...um...try to be more, I don't know, stable?" Flurry said nervously. "I mean, there's no need to try faking a personality. Just be yourself. Not your evil self, obviously."

Half a second later, Flurry hit herself in the head several million times. Mentally. She was such an idiot. Why the buck did she say that to Cozy? What was she even thinking? She'd explained it in such a weird way, even. Flurry wished the ground would swallow her in a giant, black void and never spit her out.

But Cozy only shrugged. "Well, golly, if that's what you want, then sure. I'm glad to do things for my very best friends. Like you!" She smiled sweetly.

Flurry giggled. She loved it when Cozy smiled at her, even though it was fake...wait, what?! What was she thinking?! Had she just giggled? That was so immature! And Cozy was trying to manipulate her.

Flurry put her hoof to her mouth. "Oops! Sorry, Cozy, I don't know why I giggled..."

Cozy just smirked victoriously. "Oh, it's fine, Flurry. I know that I'm really, really, cute."

"Magic kindergarten cute, yes, at times," Flurry admitted. She blushed. She didn't know, but she had a goofy grin on her face. Cozy noticed, though, and raised an eyebrow.

Huh. I wonder why Flurry's acting so weird around me, Cozy thought. She was an intelligent pony, obviously, and didn't take long to notice and realize things ponies might want to hide, but because she had never been shown love before her whole life, she had no idea what was going on with Flurry. So she decided to wait and observe.

"So what should we do now? Apple Blossom, Scooter Blue, and Sweetie Belle are still talking, and it doesn't look like they're gonna be finished any time soon," Cozy said.

"Um, first of all, it's Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. And second, I have no idea what to do," Flurry said. She was surprised Cozy didn't remember Apple Bloom and Scootaloo's names correctly. After all, they had been friends before Cozy became evil, or that's what Flurry heard from the Cutie Mark Crusaders. Nopony knew if she'd been evil from the start, or became evil along the way.

Cozy's voice shook Flurry out of her thoughts. "I guess we can chat."

"Good idea. We could, like, get to know each other better. So. Um...what's your favorite animal?"

"Alicorn."

"I mean, an animal that's not a pony."

"Okay, then raven."

Flurry frowned at this. Doesn't the raven symbolize pain, melancholiness, and death? she thought. "That's kind of...emo," Flurry said out loud without realizing it. Then she facehoofed. Ugh, why was she always saying the wrong things in front of Cozy Glow? She probably just liked ravens because of how they looked or something. She probably didn't even know what they symbolized.

Meanwhile, Cozy was trying hard not to laugh. Her expression read, lol wut- and her eyes actually looked bright and happy for a few seconds. But just then, the door to the room where the Cutie Mark Crusaders were flew open and instantly Cozy Glow was back to her normal, emo(?) self.

Scootaloo looked somewhere between angry and ashamed. Flurry and Cozy were both staring at her, but Scootaloo didn't seem to notice. She glared at Cozy slightly.

Apple Bloom had her hoof on Scootaloo's back, like she was trying to calm her down, and Sweetie Belle cast a nervous look at the pegasus.

There was an awkward silence as the CMC stood on one side of the hallway, and Flurry and Cozy stood on the other side. Finally, Scootaloo spoke up. "First of all, I want to make it VERY clear that I do not forgive Cozy for the things she has done, and I probably never will."

Cozy almost flinched, but managed to keep a bored expression on her face.

"But...Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom here made me realize I was wrong to lash out at Cozy, and, um..."

"Say it," Apple Bloom said.

"I'm sorry," Scootaloo choked out. Then she looked away.

"It's fine," said Cozy. "I mean, it's not like you scared me or anything. It was just surprising how easily you can get angry. Like, golly gee! You weren't like this before."

Scootaloo took a deep breath and grit her teeth. She really didn't want to get mad again, but...oh, why was Cozy so aggravating? "I, um, I...I said I was sorry!"

Cozy flashed her a bitter, sarcastic smile. "Are you, though?"

"Um, girls? Maybe we should go to sleep now," Sweetie Belle said, trying to avoid a fight.

"This early?" Cozy said.

"Yeah. Ah mean, it's healthier to sleep early and wake early, right?" Apple Bloom said.

"Sure, I guess. Good night," Scootaloo said, and stalked away.

Apple Bloom showed Cozy Glow her room, and Sweetie walked away to hers. Flurry Heart had had a sleepover with the CMC before, and knew where she should sleep.

After everypony was in bed, Sweetie magically turned off all the lights (except for the night-lights), and everypony went to sleep.

Author's Note:

Is Cozy Glow emo? I wonder...
Bonus picture: The girls in the room (Ignore Cozy's wings)