• Published 9th Jan 2022
  • 5,315 Views, 59 Comments

Cozy Hearts - Princess Starflight



Ten years ago, princesses Celestia and Luna, with the help of Discord, trapped Cozy Glow in stone. Flurry Heart is not pleased and decides to change this.

  • ...
8
 59
 5,315

Chapter 12 - Grounded

Flurry sighed. Why oh why were her parents so mean? As soon as she'd put one hoof inside the Crystal Castle, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor had fussed over her, asking her what happened, was she okay, and rather grudgingly, was Cozy okay? After Flurry answered their questions, trying not to lie but not telling the whole truth, either, they'd grounded her. As well as Cozy.

She was confined to her room, and Cozy was confined to the guest room. Flurry's parents had locked their doors from the outside and only unlocked it when she had to use the bathroom or brush her teeth, same for Cozy. They'd even put a magic barrier - on the whole entire room - so Flurry couldn't teleport out. And they teleported breakfast into the room, as well as themselves sometimes when they wanted to "check on Flurry" and "make sure everything was okay." Basically grown-up language for "making sure you haven't escaped or done anything bad." Grrrr.

But somehow, Cozy had managed to teleport a note into Flurry's room. What the hay. Cozy was a pegasus. Flurry would have to ask her about that trick.

The note read:

Hey Flurry,
It's Cozy. When are your parents gonna let us out?
This is enchanted paper, so just write on the back and I'll get it.
And by the way, isn't this a like a crime? Like, they're trapping us in our rooms. Golly gee, if I had a lawyer I'd sue them!

Flurry frowned at the last sentence, but she did what Cozy told her to and wrote on the back.

Hey, Cozy, I don't know when. But they can't keep us in here for too long, right? I hope.
From, Flurry Heart
P.S. How'd you get your hooves on this enchanted paper? And how do you have a quill and bottle of ink?

As soon as she finished writing the last question mark, the paper disappeared in front of her eyes, leaving just the faintest sparkle on her desk. She gasped in surprise. Wow. That was some serious magic.

Flurry soon got a reply.

Flurry,
You know I'm not going to tell you how.
And also, I'm not going to stay in here forever, you know. TwT.
I'll find a way out.

Flurry wrote, Well, good luck with that. The enchanted paper soon came back, but just then, Flurry's parents teleported into her room. Talk about barging into someone's room!

Luckily, Flurry had time to hide the paper.

"Hello, Flurry Heart. How are you doing today?" Cadence asked friendlily.

Flurry gave her mother a look. She had promised herself to never talk to her parents until she and Cozy were un-grounded.

Cadence sighed. "I see you're not going to talk to your father and me. Oh, well, Shining. Let's try another time." And with that, the two ponies teleported out of the room. Flurry rolled her eyes.

She looked at the note Cozy had sent her.

Ha, ha, ha.
Your parents suck, by the way.
Glad I don't have any. Hehe.
And I know you're going to ask about that, so save your ink, 'cause I won't tell you.
Lmfo. (Laughing my flank off, in case you don't know. Because you're a goody-goody.)

For once, Flurry actually agreed with Cozy. On the first thing, anyway. Her parents did suck. So mean! They'd grounded a princess! Sure, they were a princess and a prince, but still. Flurry was no less of a princess than Cadence. End of discussion.

Poor Cozy, though. She didn't have any parents. But Flurry knew Cozy wouldn't tell her what happened - she'd said so in the note! - so she wouldn't ask.

Flurry frowned at the words "goody-goody." Actually, she thought she was the baddest (was that a word?) of the princesses, but she supposed that she kind of was a goody-goody compared to Cozy.

She levitated her quill and dipped it in ink to write back to Cozy Glow.

I totally agree with you! My parents suck so bad! I hate them! Grrrr.
Also, I'm sorry about your parents.
And I'm not a goody-goody.
-Flurry Heart

Cozy's reply:

Don't be. They were abusive. LOL.
Also, yes you are.
-Cozy

That was nothing to laugh about. That was serious. Flurry told (wrote?) her so. She didn't reply.

Suddenly, a big plate of food (mmm, there was mashed potatoes!) appeared in her room, along with an alicorn and a unicorn. It was dinnertime already?

"Hey, Flurry," Shining said. Cadence smiled at her daughter. Flurry turned her back on them and pouted.

Cadence sighed. "Flurry, won't you talk to us?"

Flurry shook her head.

"Alright, then. We'll talk to you, little daughter." Shining.

They proceeded to tell her all about some royal case they were handling, how rude the ponies involved were, and how all of them were, they thought, in the wrong, blah, blah, blah. Flurry just ate her food. She didn't try to listen. She didn't understand how her parents could keep on talking about something like that without falling asleep. Flurry knew that she would, definitely. Fall asleep, that is.

After ten minutes of blabbering, her parents said goodbye and finally left the room. Phew. Safe.

But Flurry still hadn't heard from Cozy. And despite everything, she really, really wanted to. Did Cozy forget about her? She hoped she hadn't. She really wanted to write to Cozy.

Wait, what?

She replayed her thoughts: I hope Cozy didn't forget about me. I really want to write to her. I really, really hope she writes back.

Flurry tried to convince herself that it didn't mean anything. After all, she did want to know more about Cozy, and she was unspeakably bored. That was all. Yes. That was it.

Flurry looked at the clock in her room. It was around 6:40. The eve was still young, so Flurry decided to entertain herself by doing some magic tricks. She performed all the ones she knew, in order, and then when she was done, she did them all over again. And again. And again. But it was starting to get old.

Flurry checked the time. It was only 7:32!

She sighed and closed her eyes. Was she going to spend the rest of her life like this, trapped in her own room with nothing to do and nopony to talk to? Well, her parents didn't count. They weren't her friends anymore. They were the cause of this misery.

Flurry's happiness had now ebbed to the point that smiling was an effort. She felt like yelling and screaming and punching her parents. Wait, no, that's bad! I love my parents. I just really, really, really dislike them right now.

She opened her eyes and...gasped out loud. There was a note on her desk that definitely hadn't been there before. And she recognized the hoofwriting.

Cozy Glow had finally written back!

Flurry. I need you to read carefully.
I think I've figured out a way to get out, and since you've been fine to me, I'll share it with you.
But as much as I hate to admit it, I need your help.
In order to escape, I need you to teleport me out of here. As you know, your parents didn't put up magical barriers around my walls. Don't ask how I know that.
Yes, yes, I know it sounds crazy, but it might actually work. I mean, what's the harm in trying, right?
So how, you ask?
Well, just try to concentrate on me and then think about your magic pulling me THE HAY OUTTA HERE. I don't know. I wasn't an alicorn for too long.
If you don't want to do this, well, think about it. If none of us gets about, then none of us gets out and that's that. But if I get out, you have a chance of getting out as well. And you can always hunt me down and strangle me if I don't let you come with me. I mean, once your grounding is over. Which might be a few weeks later, or several years later...
Please make a good choice. I know you can do this, Flurry. Let the bad take over you.
I await your reply.
-Cozy Glow

Flurry looked at the note. She read it again and again and again.

I need your help.

What's the harm in trying?

I know you can do this, Flurry.

I await your reply.

Cozy Glow needed her. Cozy Glow needed Princess Flurry Heart. Her.

Flurry stared unblinking at those four words. And, obsessed with those words, not considering all the other factors, like if Cozy didn't bring her and hurt other ponies out there, and if Cozy was manipulating her-

Flurry Heart got out her quill and ink.

And she wrote a reply back to Cozy.


Meanwhile, Cozy Glow was in her room, wondering if she'd just made a grave mistake. Because she wasn't lying in the note. She was going to bring Flurry Heart along. She didn't know why. All she knew was that she wanted that goody-goody with her, out there adventuring.

I must be going crazy, she thought.

But she didn't care.

Author's Note:

Hmm, will they be able to pull this off?