• Published 20th Dec 2021
  • 580 Views, 35 Comments

Sunset's Bizarre Adventure Reboot - StardustSprinkle



After her defeat at the prom, Sunset Shimmer finds herself to be in a bizarre situation.

  • ...
6
 35
 580

Not Alone

"Gah..." Sunset smashed her head against the table as jazz plays in the background. It's a lazy Friday afternoon, and Sunset is the only guest in this little corner cafe.

"Can I take your order?"

"Applejack?" Sunset looks up: "Wait, you work here?"

"Sunset!" Applejack's jaw almost dropped: "Didn't expect to see you here."

"Hey, well," Sunset yawned: "How's your day?"

"Good," Applejack replied: "Can I take your order?"

"Yeah," Sunset rubs her eyes: "May I have a cup of Cappuccino and a croissant please?"

"Sure thing," Applejack drops everything down hastily on her clipboard: "Anything else?"

"Nah, that's it for now." Sunset tosses the menu aside: "By the way, Applejack?"

Applejack is gone when she looks up. Of course, Sunset sighed, why wouldn't she? I've been nothing but rude. This power, the so-called "stand", where have I seen it before? A materialization of one's spirit, unique power, and only viewable to other users...it all sounds so familiar. Sunset bites her thumb: I have read about it before, but where?

"Ouch!" A sharp pain from her left index finger snaps Sunset back to reality: "What?" Sunset examines the tiny wounds: it looks like a paper cut. Sunset looks at the menu on the other side of the table then back at her finger, shrugged, and wrapped napkins around the cut.

"Here's your coffee."

"Woah!" Sunset almost jumped out of her seat: "Applejack? You are quick!"

"Um, thanks." Applejack mumbled, placing a mug full of coffee on the table: "It would be a minute before your croissant is ready."

"Say, Applejack," Sunset asks as she notices that Applejack's left index finger is wrapped in a band-aid: "Did you just get a paper cut?"

"Yes," Applejack raised an eyebrow: "How did you know?"

"Well, you see," Sunset removes the napkin around her finger, revealing her wound: "I got one as well."

"Oh," Applejack frowns before removing the band-aid, only to find her injury gone: "It...looks like mine cut!"

"Applejack," Sunset's hand starts to glow; for now, this is the best she can do to summon her stand: "Can you see this?"

"You..." Applejack's eyes open wide as her voice cracked: "You can do that too?"

"Oh," Sunset frowned as well: "So you are a stand user too!"


"So...magic?" Applejack scratched her head.

"Maybe," Sunset shrugs before grabbing Applejack's hands: "Look, we need to contact the others! If they all are stand users..."

"You know," Applejack takes a seat next to Sunset: "This morning, I saw a weirdo with strange clothing at school!"

"Who might that be?" Sunset asks, all her attention focused on Applejack.

"I don't know," Applejack sighed: "It looks pretty blurry. When I called it, it disappeared in front of my eyes!"

"It must be a stand," Sunset murmurs: "Applejack, you call the girls and I call Principal Celestia!"

"What in tarnation?" Applejack freeze in place: "What in the name of apples and pears is going on?"

"Someone is spying on us!" Sunset explains while pulling out her phone: "And I get a feeling they aren't here to make friends."

Author's Note:

Applejack
Stand Name: Whisky and Rain
Ability: Transfer of damage through a medium. However, fatal injuries can only be transferred to another person.
Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: C

???
Stand Name: Gardens in the Rain
Ability: Absorption of outside forces.
Power: C
Speed: C
Range: A
Durability: A
Precision: C
Potential: B

Note: Hi, all. I know this chapter is short, but things are quite messy in recently. It may take sometime for the next chapter to come out. Thank you for your continued interest!