• Published 20th Dec 2021
  • 581 Views, 35 Comments

Sunset's Bizarre Adventure Reboot - StardustSprinkle



After her defeat at the prom, Sunset Shimmer finds herself to be in a bizarre situation.

  • ...
6
 35
 581

Stand by Me

"You've got to be kidding me..." Sunset murmurs, her jaw dropped as the content of her locker is covered in red paint: "What the..."

I deserve this, right? Sunset clutches her fists: I did terrible things, so it's only a matter of time, but... Sunset smacked her fist against the locker, causing the metal door to bend beyond recognization. What? Sunset looks at the locker in disbelief: I...how is this possible? I didn't even feel anything! Almost at the same moment, the bell rings, signifying the start of another long and hard school day.

"Oh, s..." Sunset almost jumped out of her skin. Instead of bundling her time away in front of the mess, Sunset grubbed whatever is recognizable from the locker, throw them into her backpack before dashing off to the other end of the building. It is guaranteed that she will be late. As she speeds up, the hallway starts to appear...elongated. What is going on? Sunset thought as she runs faster. However, the faster she goes, the longer the way ahead seems to be as the world around her starts to turn red and black. This is a dream! Sunset squeezes her eyes shut: This is not true!

"Watch out!" The scream of a panicked Luna snapped Sunset back to reality.

What? How? For some reason, Sunset has already made it to the end of the hall despite the distortion in space. But it's too late, collision is inevitable.

Just a moment before they clash, Luna was lifted from the ground and stuck to the ceiling as if gravity does not exist.

So she is a stand user! Luna thought as she reaches a hand out to Sunset. Yet, she felt nothing as her hand touched Sunset's shoulder. At the same time, the wall in front collapsed, leaving a human-shaped hole on it.

"So, you are a stand user," Luna says before floating towards the debris: " Are you injured?"

"I..." As the dust settled, Luna sees a very confused Sunset sitting on the ground, looking at the palm of her hands they are coated by golden and crimson lines: "What is happening..."

"Well, this is going to be a long story," Luna says before landing: "What else happened today?"

"I..." Sunset slapped herself: "No, this is a dream!"

"No, Sunset," Luna put a hand over Sunset's shoulder as the girl starts floating in space: "Does this feel real to you?"

"Huh?" Sunset rubbed her eyes as gravity no longer has jurisdiction over her: "This is..."

"Now come," Luna says: "We have much to talk about."


"So a stand is a manifestation of your spirit," Celestia explains before locking the door to her office: "When you are injured, so will your stand, and vise versa. If your stand dies, so will you, but your stand may live on when you die."

"I..." Sunset buried her face in her palms: "This is...but how?"

"I know this is a lot to take in," Celestia continues before pouring Sunset a cup of black tea: "Only a stand can hurt a stand and non-stand users cannot see a stand."

"Sorry, Principal Celestia," Sunset exhaled, her face still in her hands: "But all of these is just so hard to believe."

"I completely understand," Celestia sits down on her chair: "Can you summon your stand."

"This is the best I can do," Sunset removed her hands from her face and showed them to Celestia.

"I see," Celestia comments as the girl's hands are covered by gold and red lines: "And I heard that you've activated your standability?"

"I guess?" Sunset stretched the back of her head: "But it was really confusing...like the world around was distorting, coloring was changing, and I don't know!"

"I spoke with Luna about that," Celestia looks at her computer screen: It appears that walls were crushed before you actually reached it, and Luna described a similar experience about trying to stop you."

"I see," Sunset lowered her head: "Sorry for the trouble, I will repair the walls and my locker."

"No need," Celestia says while typing: "I've got that covered. For now, your power is still unknown to us, just be careful from now on, alright?"

"Right," Sunset nods with her eyes closed.

"Ok," Celestia peeks at Sunset from the corner of her eyes as the girl takes a sip from the teacup: "Then you are dismissed."

So she's not pretending, Celestia thinks as Sunset exits the office: Perhaps this time things will be different.

Author's Note:

Sunset Shimmer (Equestria)
Stand Name: Walking on Sunshine
Special Ability: control the speed in which light travels in an area (the affect of which can be applied to both owner and bystanders, depending on the owner herself), but doing so would damage the stand user's health. The more light is slowed down, the more damage it would do to the owner.
Power: A
Speed: A
Range: C
Durability: C
Precision: C
Potential: A