• Published 13th Dec 2021
  • 861 Views, 72 Comments

Parent Trap - PhantomBulwark



Rarity and Applejack have been apart a long time. And they're... content... with that. However, it seems that fate, and the will of two teenage boys, will change that.

  • ...
6
 72
 861

A Plan, An Announcement, and A Talk

Author's Note:

I just wanna get this out of the way so that I've said my piece before anyone comes for me in the comments. So, to preface this chapter...

1. I headcannon Sci-Twi as having a mild form of autism. I think in the context of her social awkwardness, and info dumping habits, it makes a certain type of sense. She reminds me of my little brother (and to a lesser extent myself). Feel free to argue with me about it in the comments, by which I mean, feel free to argue with yourself because I will not engage (it's fiction guys).

2. Pinkie, Dash, and Fluttershy are in a poly relationship, you should have kinda picked up on that by now, if you didn't and are offended: sorry not sorry.

Crispin carefully shuffled out of his sleeping bag and shook his brother.





“Whuh?” Cortland groaned, “what gives?”





“Wake up, I have an idea.”





“And it can’t wait until morning?” He glanced at his phone and huffed, “it’s 2 a.m.”





“Exactly, which means everyone else is asleep. Here’s the plan…” Tramping through the dark (if relatively safe) woods was not Crispin’s idea of fun but, it did offer opportunities to mess with Vignette. Fortunately for him, Cort was used to the Everfree and its flora. In no time at all he had exactly what they needed.





The two crept carefully over to Vignette’s things; set carefully outside the tent she was sharing with Applejack. They exchanged grins as they unzipped the bags and pulled out a few of her shirts. They made sure to place them back exactly where they had been and slipped down to the lake to scrub their hands.





The morning passed peacefully. Sunset and Twilight spent much of it exploring the shore with Sunset’s new friend happily relaxing in her shirt pocket. Pinkie, Dash, Fluttershy and Sugar Belle relaxed on the beach, taking in sun and splashing in the shallows. Big Mac took Applebloom to the top of the nearby ridge to look out at the rolling hills and massive trees of the forest. Applejack even managed to coax Vignette into sunning with the others for a while. Until her skin, hidden beneath a particular sheer sarong, began to itch. And then to itch worse. And then to blister. From their hiding place on a large rock, blocked by the thick trunks of fir trees, Crispin and Cortland snickered as Vignette began to scratch.





“Appplllleeejaaaaaack!” Vignette whined, “do something!”





AJ rolled her eyes, exchanging a glance with an amused looking Sugar Belle. “It’s just poison ivy, honey. The calamine lotion will clear it up. Do you want to try and hike back? I could have someone pick you up.”





Vignette’s expression promised great violence. “No,” She growled and cut the giggling twins a scathing look, “I’ll be fine. Wouldn’t want to ruin the trip,” She said, sounding as though she would like very much to ruin the trip.





The twins spent the rest of the day pulling Dash and, to a lesser extent, Pinkie into various games and challenges. Applejack pulled out her fishing gear and, as Twilight slipped off for a nap, Sunset joined her, showing surprising skill for it.





The two friends fished quietly for a while before AJ spoke, “coming back to Canterlot for good huh?”





Sunset smiled, gazing out at the water. “Yeah, I think- I think it’s time you know?”





“Twilight?”





Her face reddened, “yeah. I know we’ve been on and off because of the distance but… she’s it for me. I think I’ve always known that but, being here? Actually getting to spend time alone with her, it feels like no time has passed. We’ve been apart for a long time but, every time I’ve come back it’s always been so easy to settle back in, you know? I’ve been gone but, the minute I come back it’s like I never left. As long as she’s around, I feel like I’m at home.”





Dash, chasing Crispin past them, stopped long enough to overhear her, and gave a snorted, “gay.





“You’re married to Pinkie!” AJ and Sunet chorused after her.





“I think I know exactly what you mean Sunny,” Applejack admitted. “I’m just not sure what that means for me.” Her gaze landed on the tent Vignette was hiding out in and her face became drawn.





“Soups on!” Sugar Belle’s lilting voice called out, “Come get it!”





The group gathered around the small fire with their freshly caught fish, and made polite conversation.





At least, until Pinkie piped up “Dashie and I have an announcement!” The two shared twin excited looks. Pinkie was practically vibrating and Dash was sporting a smug, proud expression. Together they shouted, “We’re pregnant!” Dash produced something from behind her back and there was a loud pop followed by a shower of confetti.





The entire party erupted in cheers and congratulations. Fluttershy had somehow been dragged between the mothers to be. She went crimson when Pinkie brought her into a dip and kissed her full on the mouth. Pinkie pulled away gently and whispered something in her ear that made her go even redder and nod so hard AJ worried about whiplash.





Only one person seemed unexcited by the news, “isn’t that a little irresponsible?”





The air seemed to go cold with Dash’s glare, “excuse me?”





“Well,” she began, “aren’t you worried that having three moms might confuse your kids?”





“Vignette,” AJ hissed, “that’s enough.”





“Hush sweetie, the big kids are talking.” She turned to Pinkie, “and aren’t you like, from a family of autistics? Isn’t that genetic?”





Sunset Shimmer was not a particularly violent person; Twilight would say she was a ‘lover not a fighter’. She hadn’t even really resorted to violence as a bully in school... She was going to hit Vignette. She was… except, Twilight got there first.





Twilight slapped her across the face and, face red with rage, proceeded to pull her violently off her high horse. “First of all,” She snarled as Vignette staggered from the blow, “your prejudice is showing. Secondly, Autism is not a disease. It’s not a bad thing; it’s not some awful condition to be fixed. Some people’s brains work differently. That does not make them any less worthy or deserving of respect. Did you know I’m actually mildly autistic? I’m also one of the most respected scientists in the country! My Autism is not a detriment, neither is Maud’s or Limestone’s. Our friends are having a child, how dare you try to ruin that with your unwanted opinions?”





Sunset gently caught the still fuming Twilight around the waist and led her away, speaking quietly into her ear continuously.





Applejack was still stunned. Vignette had been silent for near a minute before she finally turned her head and glared at her fiancée darkly. “I want her consulting position on the farm revoked. And when we get back I’ll be filing a police report.”





“… No.”





What?”





“I said, no. You were way out of line,” AJ thrust her hand out toward the hiking path at the edge of camp. “Let’s take a walk.”





“I’ll not be-”





“That was not a request Vignette. Let’s take a walk.”