• Published 22nd Nov 2021
  • 934 Views, 11 Comments

We Don't Belong Here! - Dark Krystal



A series of short stories involving humans in equestria.

  • ...
5
 11
 934

At least you're not Pharynx!

“Spike. Why is Thorax such a fucking pussy?” Anon asks as he stares at the working changeling leader from a distance. Spike flinches at his swear before looking up at anon. “Uh… because he’s a good guy?”

Anon cups his chin as he stares at the distant Thorax apologizing to an annoyed lesser changeling. “Yeah but… Celestia’s not a pussy.” He notices Spike flinching again at his word and gives a small cough.

“Celestia’s not a wimp. Have you ever seen her give in so easily when she’s not tired?” He asks and Spike cups his tiny chin and looks at the ground as he ponders. “No….” Spike says after a bit.

“She’s a good guy. Same with Ember, Rutherford, and Novo. You can’t just go up to them and demand an apology and get it so easily.” Anon rolls his hand as he watches Spike's brooding expression.

“W-Well.. Thorax is new to this whole leader thing, dude.” Anon rolls his eyes and frowns.

“Spike. He has been a Leader for an entire fuc—hecking year." Spike smiles at his change of swearing.
"He’s friends with Ember, gets along with other leaders and they even invite him to the bars after meetings. He should’ve picked up some assertiveness by now! The only time I ever saw his green hard ass be assertive is when he thought you were in danger and then when you wronged him.” Spike raises a claw but pauses and looks back at Thorax and dwells on what Anon said.

“....Oh crackle, you’re right…” Anon nods triumphantly as they stare at the approaching changeling leader.

“O-oh hey guys! I didn’t notice you here!” Thorax notices the duo's expression and gives a worried look. “Uhhh… is something wrong?”

Spike glances over to Anon who glares at Thorax, with a sharp finger jab to Thorax's large chest gem-thing as he yells at the Changelingking . “Thorax you’re a fuc—hecking pushover!” Thorax looks at Anon with widened eyes and a sad frown to him.

“I’m sorry…” Anon jabbed his finger against Thorax's chest again. “There! Right there! See Spike! This is what I mean!” Anon swings his head around to Spike.

“If I had said this to Ember, Luna or Rutherford I would’ve had an argument on my plate! Instead he just instantly, and I mean INSTANTLY apologized! This guy has no backbone to save his life! No wonder Pharynx is the shadow leader of the hive!” Anon moves away to cross his arms and give a disappointed gaze to the changeling king who can only look down in shame.

Looking down at the saddened King Anon lets out a sigh and places his hand on the changeling’s back. “Listen Thorax, it bothers me okay. You got to be someone who can give the people candy but also wield a whip. A spiked whip with rusted spikes just to add that good ol' Tetanus! If you keep being a pussy… your spoiled these dumb fucks.”

Thorax looks up at Anon with a frown. “B-but I don’t wanna whip my subjects…!”

“I mean that as a metaphor not literal. You gotta be able to punish them or tell them no.” Anon closes his eyes and frowns as he releases another sigh, he looks back at the changeling with a soft smile.

“I will give you credit though, you’re a pussy who only barks and bites when wronged. You’re definitely better than Pharynx wannabe Sigma-bug ass”

Thorax smiles slightly. “Uh..thanks..?”

Spike looks up at Anon. “What's wrong with Pharynx? Other than the obvious….

Anon throws his arms up in the air and lets out a drawn out groan. “Before Thorax reformed his ass he was a bug that could bark AND bite! Now he only barks!”

Anon runs a hand over his face before crossing his arms. “Which I get because the changeling have pretty much destroyed their backbone so barking at them gets them spooked like a herd of sheep but—”

Anon eyes glance over and spot Pharynx in the distance talking to a group of changelings or most likely barking at them as usual. “Better yet let me show you guys what I mean.”

“PHARYNX!” Anon makes a cone over his mouth as he shouts, Pharynx looks at his direction and grows a clear look of annoyance on his face. Dismissing the group he flies over to the trio and takes place beside Thorax.

“What, Anonymous.” Pharynx narrows his eyes at the human while his scowl forms.

“Pharynx…it’s…it’s time we have a talk.. about you.” Anon uncrosses his arms to put them on his hips as he looks down, a look of disappointment on his face.

“Spit it out then.”

“You’re …mn. You’re spineless.” Anon looks at Pharynx eyes with pity. Pharynx takes minute to register what thehuman just said before glaring at him and taking a step forward.

“What!? Say that again, Human...” Pharynx says with venom laced in his tone. Thorax and Spike start to back away.

“You’re a spineless coward, who can now only talk crap but never actually deliver. I don’t remember the last time you threatened to punish a changeling but actually went through with it, all you do is threat, threat, and threat.” Anon rolls his eyes.

“Oh yeah? How about I show you right… now.” Pharynx transforms into a large flying insect and towers over Anon before roaring at him. Anon hair and tie blow from the power of his roar. Anon gives him a deadpan stare as he looks up at Pharynx. The two stare at each other for a while, Pharynx glances to the sidelines and sees numerous changeling’s watching them, many with worry and concern on their faces.

Pharynx looks back at Anon and glares, he transform back into normal and lets out a “Tch” as he looks away.

“Bah, you’re not worth it.” Pharynx turns around and flies away to another part of the hive. Anon looks at Spike and Thorax, both clearly surprised that Pharynx let him go. He points at the flying general while shaking his head.

“See! I fuc—hecking told you guys! Congrats Thorax, you’re 100% better than your brother.”

“..I..uh..Wow Thanks!” Thorax smiles.

Spike couldn’t help but let out a laugh. “Hahahaah! Wow! I can’t believe you got away with that!”

The Group share a laugh together as they watch Pharynx fly off in the distance. Pharynx looks back at Anon and glares, swearing vengeance for this shame one day.

Author's Note:

Story Concept: Thorax being a pushover and Pharynx's change making him unable to deal with hecklers like before.

This came from my observation of changedling being more "wimpish" than before and so I happen to think of "what would happen if Pharynx was still mean to get them moving. It wouldn't work out with how much they cry to Thorax. Pharynx would probably have to lower his aggression and do more scolding than punishing resulting in him being "all bark no bite"

Which in turn would make anon think he's a pussy and worst than Throax. Originally the story was going to be titled "Pussah" but I didn't want to take the risk. This one might have a sequel.