• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 2,917 Views, 179 Comments

Mobius: Equestrian Adventure (Revamped! Old chapters included) - Mobius of the Moon



I've lived quite a while... Perhaps I should try and go back?

  • ...
6
 179
 2,917

CROSSOVER pt. 6: pt. 3: Yay I can sing!

I bet you didn't know that! Anyway, let's move on!.

I was sitting by a table, watching the ponies as they came and went. Mike had come back shortly after taking Fluttershy home. He was currently talking to Rarity about something. I looked around once more and my eyes rested on Rainbow, hovering and laughing. It was cute, the way she did that. I shook my head yet again, and turned to the wall. Oh well, if it worked for Mike, why can't it work for me?

I proceeded to repeatedly smash my head into the wall. All previous thoughts of Rainbow Dash were erased and dizziness replaced everything. When I felt that I had had enough, I turned and immediately collapsed on the floor. Through a daze I heard Mike, accompanied by Rainbow, laughing hard at my antics.

Slowly, I made my way back to my feet and proceeded to glare at the two of them, only to laugh with them after a moment. Applejack was giving me an odd look, having come up also.Twilight and Rarity were in the background, giving me worried looks. I laughed again and turned to Mike.

"You're right, it does make you feel better a little..." I slurred. Then I tried to take a step, only to fall over again. This time I was caught by Rainbow and Mike, who smiled and shook their heads at me in "what are we going to do with you" expressions.

I giggled lightly, not even realizing where I was, then I looked Rainbow in the eyes, "You know, you're kinda cute... Always wanted to say that..." I passed out.
@@@@@

When I awoke, the party was still going full swing, and I saw a certain cyan pegasus sitting next to me. Jerking awake, I saw her sitting idly, as if she had just sat down, staring ahead. Again I felt an urge to bang my head against a wall, but I was transfixed on those dark pink eyes.

Then Mike came up, "So..." he began, knowing I would get the meaning. I glared.

"Not. A. Word." I growled. He grinned. I hate karma. Stupid, stupid, stupid! How many times will your emotions get the better of you!

Then a thought struck me. "Hey, Mike..."

He stared for a moment. "What?"

I gestured at the stage, where Vinyl was bobbing her head. "You ready?"

He looked where I indicated, then turned back to me. "What?" he asked again, this time with slight disbelief.

"You know, I promised to do a song with you sometime. Never better than the present." I prepared my trollface. Rainbow was also looking at us, interest in her eyes.

"What!? You never-" Mike was cut off when I flew by, landing on the stage.

I went up to Vinyl, and whispered what I wanted (sound wrong to anyone?) in her ear. She nodded, then said, "Tell me when you want me to play it."

I nodded, then went back to Mike and Rainbow. "You ready yet?"

He nodded, then shook his head, "Yeah- wait, no! What are you talking about! I didn't-"

I grabbed him and flew off to the stage. I briefed him on what we were going to do, making sure he knew the song. He nodded reluctantly, then I turned to Vinyl and nodded myself.

We went to the front of the stage. I made headsets appear on our heads, to add audio effects. Then I looked down, seeing our friends standing right at the front of the suddenly curious crowd and looking at us with expectant eyes. Mike looked at them too, then glared at me.

"Really?" he said.

I nodded and grinned, "Really really. This is to keep you quiet."

Mike grumbled and the background music began. As this song began, we both prepared to sing.

(KEY: Mobius; Mike; both)

The lyrics began:

It starts with one thing, I don't know why, it doesn't even matter how hard you try. Keep that in mind, I designed this rhyme to explain in due time.

All I know.

Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away.

Everyone had begun to watch in interest.

It's so unreal.

Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but you didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you (go)
I kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me
Will eventually be a memory of a time when

Everyone was cheering a little madly. Our friends were entranced, it seemed, though the way their faces were lit up told us how we were doing.

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
to lose it all.
But in the end
It doesn't even matter!

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try,
Keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme,
To remind myself of how
I tried so hard

In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)

Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me (in the end)

You kept everything inside
And even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

The cheers had died down, everyone just wanted to listen now.

I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know
I've put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
For all this
There's only one thing you should know

It was like at the bar; everyone was anticipating the end of the song. The six... well, five at the front looked up at me in awe, for some reason. Mike was even looking at me in slight surprise. What? I can sing, okay?

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

The music faded out as it ended.

Sugarcube Corner erupted with cheers and Mike and I hopped off the stage to our friends. Mike looked over at me, then said, "Uh, Mobius..."

I turned my head to see Mike beckoning a little wildly. I followed him to a corner, which contained a certain trash bin, which I had thrown a certain book into earlier.

I looked at Mike in slight confusion, "What is it Mike?" I asked.

“Did you see anypony throw anything important in here?” His face was slightly serious.

I thought. The only thing I've seen thrown in that was... "…No, aside from that book I pulled away from Twilight.” Oh Twilight. Will you never cease to look to your books for answers?

“What book was it?” Mike pulled me out of my thoughts.

“Why?”

“For Celestia’s sake, Mobius, can you ever answer a simple question?”

“Not when I’m trolling. But in all seriousness, I think it was a romance book. Making Relationships Successful. Twilight said she was reading it to help you out with Fluttershy.”

Mike's face went blank for a moment. Then, he erupted with laughter, rolling on the floor, struggling to breath. When he finally stumbled to his hooves, he smirked at me.

“Notice anypony missing, Mobius?” I looked around. Well...

“…Fluttershy?”

“Aside from her.”

“Uh…” I looked around once more, finally admitting that a certain cyan pegasus that had caught my eye was nowhere to be found. “…Rainbow Dash isn’t here.”

“She left. Right after looking into this trashcan, pulling something out, and taking it with her.” Mike grinned at me in his copy of my troll face. “Guess what’s not in the trashcan anymore?” He tilted the can forward and I peered inside. Making Relationships Successful was no longer inside.
@@@@@@@@

The party was over, and our little group had disbanded. Mike and I were going back to his house when I heard his wings flapping. I turned to see him flying in the direction of his marefriend's house. I chuckled. Thinking about a hung over Fluttershy was quite entertaining. But then thinking about Mike and Fluttershy brought my thoughts to Rainbow Dash. Why would she need that book? Was there a certain special stallion? My thoughts drifted, and I thought, A certain mare? But I quickly shoved those thoughts away.

Then my thoughts turned to something else entirely. A certain... cat? A light thrill went through me and I shook my head yet again. This was no time for that. But my thoughts, no matter what I tried, always went back to that one subject. I suddenly found myself at Mike's house. Since he hadn't returned, and I assumed he was sleeping with Fluttershy, I went to his bed and flopped down into it. But I tossed and turned as I began to continue thinking about Rainbow Dash, and why she had wanted that book.

Hope flared in my chest repeatedly, and I pushed it down each time. The last time this had happened, the one I loved had died... by Hunter. I couldn't... no, I wouldn't let that happen. Ever again.

Sighing in defeat, I flopped back out of the bed and went downstairs. I plodded into the kitchen, where I sat in a chair and stared out the window, hoping that Luna, my Moon Goddess for this world, would listen to my prayers. I sat there the whole night, not sleeping once.

@@@@@@@@

Author's Note: Many thanks to you all for reading, and many thanks to RLYoshi for agreeing to do this with me. There's more to come, so keep reading! On a side note, I am changing one thing to make this be a little more understandable on my side of things. I'm changing it to this:
What's actually happened is that in Mobius' Equestria, it's only been two months, because I'm going to do something once I get back to my real story that will be confusing if I didn't change it to this.
I hope that was easy to understand.
Klas, good health, and good day(or night)
Mobius of the Moon