• Published 23rd Dec 2011
  • 2,917 Views, 179 Comments

Mobius: Equestrian Adventure (Revamped! Old chapters included) - Mobius of the Moon



I've lived quite a while... Perhaps I should try and go back?

  • ...
6
 179
 2,917

CROSSOVER: pt. 4: Just bumming around

Hey, here's a quote from me today. You know, the author? Anyway, let's move on.
"Love in a nutshell is this: a long confusing ordeal in which you can wish you were dead, get mauled by the opposite gender, and many other unpleasant things."
-Mobius of the Moon.

I awoke to the sun already halfway across the sky, I checked the time: three ten. Gods, I'd slept the day away. I decided to wake up Mike and go get those muffins. I eventually found his room, and then proceeded to poke and shake him to no avail. Sighing, I ported a bucket into my paws and went to the bathroom, which was easy to find, considering I had mistaken it for the bedroom. I filled the bucket with ice-cold water, then went back to Mike's room. Hovering above his bed, I shouted:

"WAKE UP SLEEPYHEAD!" and proceeded to dump the entire bucket on Mike.

Mike then went into a mini seizure, looking like a fish out of water(hah, get it?). When he finally stopped, he glared at me. It was priceless.

“About time you woke up,” I chuckled as I threw the bucket down behind me. “I’ve been shaking and poking you for twenty minutes. You’re a pretty heavy sleeper.”

He continued to glare.

“Get up. It’s three-thirty. We don’t even have six hours of daylight left.” I stated matter-of-factly.

Mike struggled to his feet and glared even harder at me. "I... will... kill... you." he said slowly.

“We had enough of that yesterday. C’mon, let’s go to Sugarcube Corner. I still want muffins.” I needed my muffin fix.
@@@@@@@

We arrived at Sugarcube Corner a few minutes later. I didn't see Pinkie, which was a good thing. Mike would probably snap if he had to deal the hyper pink blob of giggles after his awakening.

“How may I help you two?” Mrs. Cake asked when she saw us walk in.

"Muffins." I stated simply, throwing some bits on the counter. Mike's mood was sticking onto me.

Mrs. Cake looked to Mike, who shook his head to the muffin offer.

“Alright then.” The mare pulled two muffins out and placed them on the counter before dropping the bits into the cash register. “Enjoy.”

"Thanks." I said as I picked them up and went to a table. Mike followed silently. Probably thinking of ways to kill me.

I sat down, and so did Mike. I pushed a muffin at him, and he again shook his head, and I raised an eyebrow. Who in their right mind turned down muffins?

“You okay, Mike? If you’re still angry over the way I woke you up…” I began. Mike was acting odd.

“That’s not it.” Mike sighed. “It’s Dreamer.” I felt a stab of sympathy. I had once had a friend like that. Hunter got to him too...

“I know how you feel,” I replied sympathetically, putting down the muffin I was about to bite. It didn't look too tasty now that we had brought up bad memories. “But look, if we play our cards right, we can get out of this without a scratch on Dreamer. We can save him from Hunter.”

Mike was silent. "I hope so." he sighed finally. “I’m…going to walk around town for a bit. I’ll meet you at my place later.” He hopped out of his seat and plodded away, sadness evident in his posture.

I watched him go. Oh, well, so much for following him around. “See you later,” I offered, but he was already gone.

I looked around. Oh, well, nothing else to do. Might as well go around and see what's to see in this alternate Ponyville.

I quickly ate one muffin and sent the other home to eat later, then left the pastry shop. Walking around the streets, nothing looked too different. Every shop was the same, every pony was the same. Except for poor Meg Nanimous(pony I accidentally named Twist). My heart twisted as I thought of her, smiling to the end. Oops, that was a spoiler. Anyway, news got around fast. I was greeted by almost everyone as "new guy," and no one seemed fazed that I was a cat. Compared to how everyone had reacted in my Equestria, this was a total relief.

I decided to visit Rarity. Now was as good a time as any to get a new suit. My last one was torn in (spoiler, spoiler).

I knocked on the door to her boutique. She opened and slightly gasped when she saw me. I rolled my eyes.

"Oh... Mobius. Can I help you?" she asked.

"No... but I can help you..." I said in a deep voice. She began to look horrified and I laughed. "I'm just kidding!" I said. I just laughed and laughed, not caring who saw me.

Rarity was steaming, her cheeks flushed. "That was not very gentle-coltish!" she scolded.

"No, but it was funny!" I shouted, and began to laugh harder, falling to the ground. Her face grew a deep shade of red and she slammed the door.

I stood quickly and said. "No, I'm sorry Rarity. I didn't mean it. What I really want is to get a suit. For special occasions." An image of Mike and Fluttershy popped into my head.

Rarity slowly reopened the door. "Really?" she asked doubtfully.

"Really really." I replied, smiling warmly.

She let me in and the same routine as before happened, except this time, she took less time measuring me and squealed at the prospect of making clothes for "something- excuse me, someone not a pony."

After it was over, I decided to go to the only bar in town. Always fun to get some mild alcohol. My recent experiences with it might not have been so good, but I still liked that cider.

I found it pretty easily, it was in its usual place. As if it would move I thought quickly. Of course, there's always the possibility...

I found the bar and asked the bartender -a burly brown stallion- for some cider. I noticed it was unusually quieter than usual and asked, "What happened? It's quieter than usual."

The bartender looked at me strangely, "You've never been here before. What do you mean?"Oops.

I grinned sheepishly, "Sorry, I mean compared to the other bars I've been in."

Luckily he believed me. "Okay then. Well, our usual performer was out sick for a while, then just quit. I've been asking around, but I haven't found anypony else. You know somepony who could fill in?"

I grinned, "Oh, I know just the person." I gave him Mike's description and left.

Walking out, I revisited Sugarcube Corner, saying hello to ponies I recognized. It's so much fun to say everybody's names and watch their shock when they realize you know it, and you've never met before.

I stopped inside and and asked for Pinkie. She came out and gave me a quizzical look. "I think it's time for another party." I whispered.

Her face lit up. "Oooh! When?" She was already about to run off for supplies.

I stopped her with a paw. "When I tell you to. It will be soon, that's all I know."

She grinned and nodded. "Okay!"

I grinned back, but inside I was thinking. This is going to be good...
\@@@@@@@

"Hovermic, oh Hovermic. Where fore art thou, oh Hovermic?" Fluttershy called from the balcony. I snickered at my creation.

I looked up when Mike walked in."Hey Mobius. What are you laughing at?" he asked.

I grinned. "Oh, nothing. I'm just rewriting Pomeo and Filliet to fit you and Fluttershy." I taunted. "Such a tragic story, it is."

"I will buck you out the window."

"We're on the first floor, so I'd doubt it would hurt much." I grinned with my best troll face, which just looked like an evil grin.

“I’m just getting some of my stuff. Mainly bits. I might feel like buying stuff later.” He paused. “Wait, you do writing?” He was halfway reaching for his saddlebag, making a funny picture.

I gave him a look, "Uh... yeah?"

“Is that your special talent? What’s your cutie mark look like?“ He looked at me eagerly.

I sighed. "I’m a cat, you idiot. I don’t have a cutie mark.”

“Oh.” Mike was quiet for about a second and a half, then grinned. “Well, now I can tease you for being a blank flank, at least!” Bad move, Mike.

“Speaking of flanks, you been ogling Fluttershy’s much lately?” I said immediately. Mike’s face went redder than Big Macintosh’s. If that's possible.

“That – I – what – you – that…” Mike stammered. “YOU ARE A PERVERTED DUMBASS!”

"I regret nothing."

Mike cried in anger and went to a wall, where he amused me by smashing his head against it for a full two minutes.

“That…felt better…than it…should have,” Mike slurred. He looked drunk, or at least about to pass out.

“While you’re a little too dizzy to kill me for it, maybe I should tell you that you have a performance in exactly half an hour,” I said, waiting for a reply. Mike immediately snapped to attention.

“Wait, what?!”

“While I was bumbling around town, I happened across a bar that just had one of their performers quit. Naturally, I told them that you’d love to take over for them.”

Mike was silent for a few seconds, then went back to banging, hoping to call in sick. I stopped him with my magic this ime. He would ruin my name if I promised a singer who didn't show up.

“It might be a good idea to get a song now and introduce your head to the wall later.” I used my magic to shove him out the door, which he re-opened immediately.

“Uh…Mobius?”

I sighed, "What?" he needed to get there now.

“…What bar were you talking about?”

“The only one in Ponyville.”

"... Oh." Mike shut the door and left. I followed after a few minutes, This was going to be good, too.
@@@@@@@

I was sitting in a seat that made sure Mike could see me. Just as I was settled with some cider, Mike walked on stage after being announced. When I saw him, I grinned and waved. He grimaced, but still kept going.

Then he began to sing this song.

Do you ever feel like breaking down?
Do you ever feel out of place?
Like somehow you just don’t belong
And no one understands you?
Do you ever wanna run away?
Do you lock yourself in your room?
With the radio on, turned up so loud
That no one hears you screaming

No you don’t know what it’s like
When nothing feels alright
You don’t know what it’s like
To be like me
To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked, when you’re down
And feel like you’ve been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one’s there to save you
No you don’t know what it’s like…
Welcome to my life

Do you wanna be somebody else?
Are you sick of feeling so left out?
Are you desperate to find something more
Before your life is over?
Are you stuck inside a world you hate?
Are you sick of everyone around?
With the big fake smiles and stupid lies
While deep inside you’re bleeding

No you don’t know what it’s like
When nothing feels alright
You don’t know what it’s like
To be like me
To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked, when you’re down
To feel like you’ve been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one’s there to save you
No you don’t know what it’s like…
Welcome to my life

Here applause and shouts were already beginning.

No one ever lied straight to your face
And no one ever stabbed you in the back
You might think I’m happy
But I’m not gonna be okay
Everybody always gave you what you wanted
You never had to work, it was always there
You don’t know what it’s like
What it’s like…

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked, when you’re down
To feel like you’ve been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one’s there to save you
No you don’t know what it’s like…

The crowd was silent, waiting for the end to this wonderful song. Even I was on edge. I heard a hidden meaning in this song.

To be hurt, to feel lost
To be left out in the dark
To be kicked, when you’re down
To feel like you’ve been pushed around
To be on the edge of breaking down
And no one’s there to save you
No you don’t know what it’s like…
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life
Welcome to my life…

The crowd broke into such raucous cheers and applause that the building shook. Mike just ignored it and walked off the stage. I followed him with my eyes as he just left the bar altogether.

I followed him outside.

“That was awesome!” I said, smiling. “The others said you were a great singer, but I didn’t know you were that good!”

“You were just hoping I’d fail, weren’t you?” Mike asked in a low tone. In my jubilant-ness I didn't hear the slight anger.

“What? No! I wanted to see you sing, y’know? I wanted to know just how good you were.” I had a feeling something was wrong when the following happened.

“And why would I believe that?” Mike turned a glare on me, and I stepped back in surprise. “Ever since you’ve gotten here, all you’ve done is prank me, make fun of me, ship me with Fluttershy, and try to kill me! Sure, you saved my life, but you wouldn’t have had to do that if you weren’t trying to kill me in the first place!”

Was that really how he saw it? “Calm down, Mike!” I was afraid. I knew what Mike could do when angry. “I know I troll you and all, but that’s just for kicks! I don’t-”

“And I suppose you endangered my life just for kicks, too?!”

Past that point I saw Mike go into mental battle, his face frozen in rage. Part of him was probably saying shut up, the other just wanting to get it all out. And I was the only available outlet.

Suddenly Mike dropped to the ground, sobbing and apologizing. I stared in shock, and slight confusion. Where was this coming from? I picked him up with my magic after a few minutes and set him back on his hooves.

“It’s fine, Mike,” I comforted. I hated to see the usually outgoing pegasus like this. He was breaking, but all he needed were some friends. “Everything’s fine. I think the stress is finally getting to you.”

Mike sniffed and finally managed to stop the tears. “…Okay.”

“C’mon, you need to get home and wash up.”

“Okay.” Mike began walking to his house, and I followed.
@@@@@@@

Mike washed up then came back downstairs.

“Feeling better?” I sent a pulse of Medic Sight Comfort his way.

“Yeah…somewhat. Thanks.” Mike nodded.

“No problem.” I looked at the clock. “Wow, quarter to six. Getting late. I’m gonna go talk to Rainbow about something. Want to come?”

Mike shook his head. “I’ve got something I need to take care of.”

“Alright, you do that.” If it is what I think it is... this party's going to be real soon.

We took off at the same time and then branched towards our respective destinations. I arrived at the cloud house (still jealous) and I knocked on the front door. Rainbow opened it and looked slightly surprised, then a little annoyed, when she saw me. "Oh... hey. It's you."

I put a hurt look on my face. "Aw, come on, Dash! I'm not evil! You know that. Why so mean?"

She gave me a look that said she didn't care in the least. "You tried to hurt Mike. In fact, you almost killed him. What reason do I have to like you?"

I considered that. "Well, no reason at all, exactly. But I wanted to talk to you about that. I just want to, you know, be friends again." Oh, dammit!

"Again?" She raised her eyebrows at me. "You aren't exactly getting closer to being my friend, you know."

"Nothing," I said quickly, "Just a mistake."

She was silent a moment, then nodded, "Okay. Come on in."

She stepped to the side and I walked in, looking around. Nothing much was different in this dimension, and I vaguely thought of a certain other Equestria that I knew about.

Dash settled on the couch. "So, what is it you wanted to talk about?" She motioned for me to sit.

I sat on a chair that I never knew was there. "Well, just about what's been going lately. You know, what's cool, what's new. That stuff."

She tapped her chin. "Well, nothing much. You'd have to ask Twilight. I like the Wonderbolts, if that's what you want to know. Mike's a cool guy, even though I was suspicious of him at first." She narrowed her eyes. "Is that what you want to know?"

I held my hands... paws up in surrender. "No, no. I just wanted something to do. Although there is one thing I'd like to know." She nodded curtly. "Welllll... Are Mike and Fluttershy ever going to date?"

Dash's eyes widened. "Well... I don't know... Maybe..." She avoided my gaze. Hm, there was a story there. I would have to find that out.

Dash looked up and continued. "But, I wouldn't be surprised if they did."

I nodded, then grinned. "So... are you... hoping they aren't?"

She looked up and glared. Then looked down. She took a deep breath, "... a little."

I chuckled, "Sorry, but you got no chance. No offense." I quickly added the last bit when she glared death at me.

Just at that moment, we both heard a piercing shout:

“MOOOOOOBIIIIIIIIUUUUUUS!!!!!!!”

I grinned, "And speak of the devil, here he is."