• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 2,214 Views, 70 Comments

Horizons - Battwell



The sequel to Sonic the Hedgehog X My Little Pony: Chaos & Harmony. But a new player is added to the adventure of a lifetime

  • ...
4
 70
 2,214

Vs. Taskmaster, Metallix, & Zavok

"The doctors and their pet can't see you now, I on the other hand, have been REALLY looking forward to this!" Zavok stated as Metallix flew past him.

Metallix got to work and grabbed Sonic by the throat and slammed him into a nearby wall. His eyes glowed menacingly as he removed Sonic from the wall and punched him across the battle chamber.

Sonic rolled and tumbled before skidding to a stop in a crouched position, glaring at the metallic menace, "Ooookay.... So this model isn't messing around."

This was made evident as Metallix raised his left arm as it transformed into a Gatling Gun and aimed it right at the blue hedgehog.

"That's new!" Sonic said quickly as Metallix fired his gun.

Sonic ran at high speeds to avoid the bullets. Metallix took to the air and chased after the speedy blue hedgehog. As he ran, Sonic glanced behind him to see Metallix right on his tail. Metallix aimed his gun and fired.

"YIKES!!!"

Sonic swayed left and right at super speed to avoid the onslaught of bullets that were raining down upon him. Sonic made it to a nearby wall and ran up it to get the height advantage on his metallic counterpart. As he ran up the side of the wall, he bounced himself off of it and backflipped over Metallix as the robotic copy flew under him.

Sonic quickly pushed down and stomped on Metallix's back when he got into the right position to do so, sending them both to the ground. Before they landed, Sonic bounced off of Metallix's back and landed on the ground safely while Metallix crashed down harshly.

Sonic dusted off his hands and turned around, smirking, "Do you even know who I am- OOF"

Sonic was interrupted as Metallix dashed forward and delivered Sonic a nasty Haymaker, sending him to the floor. Before Sonic could process what happened, Metallix stomped his foot onto the hedgehogs chest, preventing him from getting up. Metallix bent down and grabbed Sonic by the neck and raised him into the air.

Metallix then proceeded to punch Sonic's ribs before kicking him in the chest, sending him across the room. Sonic crashed into the wall before falling to the floor in pain. As Sonic got up to his feet, Metallix bent down as two missile launchers emerged from his back.

Sonic exhaled, "This might be harder than I thought."

(End song)


Meanwhile, the trio of villains were busy adding the final touches on their Sinister Egg Core, albeit with some difficulties due to the battles going on inside and outside.

"Slow EVEN strokes. I'm not piloting this thing into victory if it looks sloppy!" Sombra stated.

"I still don't get why WE had to do this. My Badniks could have done it just fine," grumbled the egg shaped doctor.

Suddenly a violent tremor shook the foundation, causing the villains to lose balance as they worked.

"ARGH, CURSE IT ALL! Never mind those fools outside, the fight between our last line of defense and those heroes will tear this tower APART! If they disrupt The Sinister Egg Core's generator now, all of this will have been for nothing!" Otto shouted in frustration.

"It's worse than that. At this delicate stage the multiverse might not change at all, but it might destabilize into a multiversal collapse! And THAT wouldn't be good for anyone! Now focus, you two, FOCUS! Once The Sinister Egg Core is fueled by the Chaos Emeralds and the Magic of those annoying ponies, nothing will stop us! Be it hedgehog, pony, human or whatever!" Eggman explained.

Sombra grumbled in annoyance, "I still think I should have a naming prefix in our final weapon, but no~"

"Oh quit your nonsense, King Sombra! We have a weapon to finish!" Eggman declared in annoyance.

Sombra sneered as he thought to himself, "Yes, we shall finish. And by 'finish' I mean finish the two of YOU! You're too psycho to be kept alive and Otto is too weak-willed to finish what we started! I know that now!"

"This shall be finished. As will your pathetic lives!" Otto sneered in thought.

"Oh, I'll finish this-- and YOU! You weak-willed buffoons! Still, I need to hurry. Sonic and his allies are at our last line of defense." Eggman thought to himself.


Twilight tried to fly past Zavok to try and get a better angle to do some damage to the leader of the Zeti. But as she flew past the Zeti, Zavok grabbed her tail and pulled her back and slammed her to the floor. Twilight tried getting up, but Zavok stomped on her chest to prevent her from getting up.

"Foolish Equine. You merely delay the inevitable." Zavok taunted as he leaned down toward Twilight's face.

Twilight responded by igniting her horn and flashing a bright light in Zavok's eyes, blinding him as he stepped off of the alicorn mare.

Twilight then got to her hooves and glared at the Zeti, "The only thing that is inevitable is YOU spending the rest of your days in Tartarus!"

Zavok roared as he charged forward towards Twilight. As Zavok reeled back a punch, Twilight casted a shield spell to protect her from the attack. But Zavok didn't give up as he punched and punched, causing the shield to crack ever so slightly. Twilight had had enough and released a burst of magic from her horn, destroying the shield and sending Zavok flying into the wall behind him.

As Zavok fell to the floor, Twilight took flight and lit up her horn, "Had enough?"

Zavok smiled as he stood up, "I must commend you. I didn't think one such as yourself had such strength," he then snapped his fingers as the the floor underneath him split open. He then jumped in, much to Twilight's confusion, only to fly back up on the back of The Death Queen mech.

Zavok smiled, "But your foolishness ends NOW."

Twilight's eyes turned to pinpricks as The Death Queen fired lasers from its eyes, directed at Twilight.

(End song)

Peter wasn't having much luck either. Every move that he made, Taskmaster would counter it with exact precision. Due to his photographic reflexes, Taskmaster made for a worthy foe.

"You know, you still seem really tacky to me, Taskmaster."

Taskmaster pointed his sword at the spider hero, "Keep yapping your mouth, kid. I was told to not kill the horse, but they gave me free reigns when it comes to you. I'm gonna make your death nice and slow."

Peter shot some webbing, but Taskmaster flipped over it as he charged towards him. Peter tired to kick Taskmaster, but the mercenary jumped into the air and kicked tried to kick Peter in the face, but his Spider-Sense alerted him of the danger, allowing him to duck under the attack.

As Taskmaster landed behind Spider-Man, said hero turned to punch the mercenary, only to be blocked. He went for a kick, only to be blocked. Every attack in his arsenal was being blocked, he couldn't do anything. Taskmaster was done playing around and kicked Peter in the chest, sending him flying through the air and landing harshly in the center of the room.

Metallix punched Sonic in the gut while Zavok blasted Twilight in the back with The Death Queen's lasers. This caused all three heroes to meet up in the middle while the villains surrounded them.

Peter glanced at the others, "You guys doin' okay?"

Twilight looked unsure whiled Sonic held his arm, "I'm fine, just a little crispy."

"Oh good, cause I'm not doing so good over here."

Twilight sighed, "This isn't doing us any good. We're supposed to be hurrying to stop the villains, not getting stuck fighting these three."

Sonic rolled his arm, "Alright, so we'll fall back on the old 'Mix and Match' plan."

Twilight raised a brow, "And what is that exactly?"

"We switch opponents so we-"

Peter shook his head as he cut Sonic off, "Not gonna work. Taskmaster can copy your move set by WATCHING you. We'll be right back where we started."

Sonic slumped forward as he slapped his forehead, "Okay then, new plan! We team up then! Don't give them any room to think! I say we take the new Metal Sonic, he has speed!"

The other two nodded as they got back up into the action.

Metallix charged forward at high speeds, ready to end this. But he was suddenly caught in a bubble, thanks to Twilight.

"READY WHEN YOU ARE, YOU TWO!!!"

Sonic quickly curled up into a ball as Spider-Man webbed him up into a wrecking ball. Spidey then swung him around in a circular motion. When he had enough momentum, he let go. Sonic flew towards Metallix at high speeds. Twilight released Metallix as Sonic plowed through his chest in a mighty Spin Dash.

Metallix fell to the floor, his entire body crackling with electricity. His eyes flickered before shutting off for good.

Zavok had had enough, "ENOUGH OF THIS!!!"

The stinger of The Death Queen spun around as a deadly drill. The mech flew forward towards Twilight, who casted a shield spell to block the attack. As the drill struggled to break through, Zavok was distracted, just as planned.

"HEY, RED HOT CHILLI PEPPER!!"

Zavok turned around.... only to be punched directly in the face by Spider-Man, launching him off of the mech and falling to the floor. The mech stopped drilling and fell to the floor, without someone piloting it, it had no function whatsoever. As Zavok got back up, he was immediately Spin Dashed into a wall by Sonic.

As Zavok recovered, he growled in anger, "NO! I WILL NOT LOSE AGAIN!"

But before he could do anything, Twilight had teleported in front of him and lit up her horn. Zavok suddenly felt really tired. He then proceeded to fall to the floor, out like a light.

Twi smiled, "Sleeping spell, never fails."

They all turned to Taskmaster, who didn't look worried in the slightest.

"You know, I must thank you for the demonstration. Now let me perfect your moves."

Twilight smirked as she lit up her horn. To Taskmaster's surprise, all the heroes turned invisible.

Taskmaster growled, "You cowards!"

Before he could do anything, he was suddenly hit in the back by a Homing Attack, this was then followed up by a magical blast that sent him flying across the room, before he hit the wall, Peter uncloaked as he reeled back a punch.

"Class dismissed."

He then delivered a powerful Haymaker punch directly to Taskmaster's face, knocking him out before he even hit the floor.

This class was over.

(End song)

Everyone exhaled as they stretched.

"Now I remember why I hate school," Sonic grumbled.

Twilight looked offended, "Are you kidding? How could you hate school? You get to learn so much!"

Peter and Sonic looked at each other, chuckling as Twilight pouted.

Peter then got serious, "Come on. We got some bad guys to beat...."

"AND WORLDS TO SAVE!!!" They all said in unison.

(Start from 0:35)

Suddenly Peter's Spider-Sense went off, but it was too late as a giant tentacle shot through the door leading into the final room and grabbed all the heroes. The tentacle began squeezing, causing the heroes to scream in pain before passing out. But not before seeing a giant red eye glow before them.

(End song)


"Ugh, my head..." Sonic moaned weakly.

"Anyone catch the number of that bus?" Peter quipped.

"....What happened?" Twilight asked.

They each looked around to see that they were all each in a type of glass chamber.

"Well, look who's awake? Mwahahahahaha!"

They all looked up to see Eggman, Doc Ock, and King Sombra standing on a hovering platform, smiling evilly.

Sonic didn't look worried, in fact, he smirked at his arch nemesis, "Oh, hey! Instead of finishing us off, you kept us alive to gloat over!"

Eggman smiled as he stroked his moustache, "Crushing you is easy. Crushing your SPIRIT is worth the extra effort."

"You're SO corny."

Otto smirked towards Peter, "Hello Peter."

Peter glared at his foe, "Otto, what are you doing?"

"You'll find out in a moment, my brave protégé."

"WHERE ARE OUR FRIENDS?!" Twilight demanded.

Sombra smirked, "Closer than you think."

Suddenly, multiple glass chambers rose from the floor, revealing Sonic and Twilight's friends.

"SONIC!!!"

"TWILIGHT!!!"

Sonic and Twilight looked fearful for their friend's safety.

"GUYS!!!" The hedgehog and mare shouted in unison.

"Mwahahahahaha! This is going VERY well." Eggman said as he rubbed his hands together.

Otto then moved one of his tentacles to a nearby table and retrieved the Emeralds that they had poached off of the heroes when they were unconscious.

"We must also thank you for handing the final Chaos Emeralds to us. You're too kind."

"What do you think you're doing, Otto?" Peter demanded to know.

Otto gave him a smirk, "Preparing for the final phase."

Suddenly, a giant robot descended from a newly opened hole in the top of the ceiling. Everyone present watched the massive monstrosity descend. This was it, their ultimate weapon.

"BEHOLD, FOOLS! OUR ULTIMATE WEAPON! THE SINISTER EGG CORE!!!" The three villains said in unison.

The eye of the mech opened up as the seven Chaos Emeralds floated inside and placed themselves on seven pedestals. Once placed, the eye closed as it glowed red.

Twilight looked as if she were piecing together a puzzle, "So, you had the army outside attack us as a distraction?"

"Very astute, Sparkle. And the best part is, even if the army failed, our defenses were another way for us to gather enough time to finish our weapon," Sombra explained.

"Our back up plans have back up plans!" Eggman added.

"So what? You're gonna use the Emeralds to rewrite our worlds?" Sonic asked.

"Not JUST the Emeralds, rodent. That's where you and your friends come in. Each of your friends have been around the Emeralds so much that you have stored up Chaos Energy inside all of you. We intend to not only absorb that energy from you," Eggman then pointed to the Mane 6 and Discord, "But also the magic of those annoying ponies and that worthless Draconequss!"

Sombra smiled a devilish grin, "And with those factors powering our Sinister Egg Core, we'll reshape EVERYTHING in EVERY universe."

"Rebuild the multiverse to the tiniest details," Otto added.

"WE WON'T BE SIMPLY CORRECTING THE MULTIVERSE..." Sombra started.

"WE'LL BE GODS!!!" Eggman finished.

As the chambers they were imprisoned in began to glow, the villains laughed evilly as their plan was finally coming together.

"AND WHEN WE ERASE YOU FOOLS FROM ALL REALITY, THERE WILL BE NO-ONE LEFT TO STOP US!!!"

(End song)

Author's Note:

We're in the home stretch now.

The next chapter will be the start of the final battle against The Sinister Egg Core.

Stay tuned!