• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 2,214 Views, 70 Comments

Horizons - Battwell



The sequel to Sonic the Hedgehog X My Little Pony: Chaos & Harmony. But a new player is added to the adventure of a lifetime

  • ...
4
 70
 2,214

Time For An Emerald Hunt

Sonic, after from recovering from the faceplant to the ground curtesy of Shadow, walked into his home in Mystic Ruins with everyone following him inside.

As Peter and Miles entered, Peter snickered while Miles walked in with his posture being one of a slumped manner, "I had a head start and I still lost." Miles grumbled as he closed the door behind him.

Shadow crossed his arms and leaned on a nearby wall while everyone else sat down on the two couches in Sonic's living room. Sonic then quickly sped off into the garage, much to the confusion of the others. Not a second later, Sonic sped back into the room with a small device in his hand.

"Okay, now we can work on a plan." Sonic said.

Twilight tilted her head in confusion, "What is that, Sonic?" asked the curious alicorn.

Sonic held the device in the air for all to see, "This my friend, is a Chaos Emerald Tracker."

Spike stepped forward, "Why would you need that? Don't you already have the Emeralds?"

Sonic laughed nervously and rubbed the back of his head, "Well, funny story. I used them recently and once I turned back to normal, they scattered across the planet."

"But when we used them to defeat Robotnik the first time, they didn't scatter." Twilight pointed out.

Shadow then decided to speak up, "That's because the Emeralds themselves are, in a way, sentient. They must of known that they were needed to send this idiot," he pointed to Sonic with his thumb, "back home."

Pete and Miles looked at each other in confusion and was about to ask for clarification but were cut off before they could, "But why would they need to scatter?" asked Spike.

"Why do you think? The Emeralds know that there are those who would use their power to cause destruction, so they scatter to make sure it doesn't happen." Shadow answered.

Sonic crossed his arms, "Yeah, and it makes it harder for us to find them when we need them." Sonic grumbled.

Peter then decided to get some answers, "Okay, hold up," everyone turned to the hero, "first of all. What is a Chaos Emerald?"

Sonic then looked to Shadow, to which the Ultimate Lifeform sighed and closed his eyes.

"No one truly knows their point of origin or who created them. But many have speculated that they were forged by the Gods themselves. Individually, each Emerald contains a near limitless supply of energy that can warp the fabric of reality itself," Shadow them opened his eyes, "But if the power of all seven Emeralds are combined, the bearer will command the ultimate power and become unstoppable." Shadow finished his explanation.

Miles and Peter looked concerned behind their masks. Miles looked worried of what the villains might do with that kind of power. But Peter was thinking, he was comparing them to something from Earth.

"These Emeralds....They are very similar to the Infinity Stones. Maybe the Emeralds are this world's equivalent to the Stones." Peter thought to himself.

Peter then stopped thinking to himself and walked towards his new friends, "Well then, looks like we have some Emeralds to find. Knowing my Parker Luck, we're probably gonna need them. If not, it's best to make sure the docs and their pet unicorn don't get them."

Shadow and Twilight nodded in agreement while Sonic, Spike, and Miles snickered at Peter calling Sombra Eggman and Otto's pet.

(End song)

Miles then walked over to Sonic, "So....How does this tracker work?"

Sonic shrugged, "Don't really know, Tails built it. But I do know that once I turn it on, it should pick up any nearby signals that are related to the Emeralds."

Twilight gave Sonic a deadpanned look, "Sooo, basically we're just going to be running around aimlessly, hoping to find any signatures that could be related to the Emeralds?"

Sonic gave her a thumbs up, "Pretty much, Twi."

Twilight groaned as she facehoofed.

Sonic then began walking towards the door, "Come on guys! A new adventure awaits us, let's go find those Emeralds!"

Shadow groaned in annoyance at the hedgehogs enthusiasm towards adventure and began walking out of the house, "By the time this is over....I will have killed him." muttered the Ultimate Lifeform as everyone else followed them outside the house.


Meanwhile, on a nearby mountain, Metallix crossed his arms as he used his advanced hearing processors to listen in on the heroes' plan to find the Emeralds. Standing next to him was none other than Zavok, who had a devious smirk on his face.

Metallix stopped listening in and turned to Zavok. He then opened his palm and a holographic image of soundwaves appeared in the palm of his hand. Metallix's eyes glowed and the holographic image began to speak.

"Well then, looks like we have some Emeralds to find. Knowing my Parker Luck, we're probably gonna need them. If not, it's best to make sure the docs and their pet unicorn don't get them." Peter's audio repeated.

Metallix then closed his hand as Zavok chuckled sinisterly, "So, the fools are going after the Emeralds too," Zavok then stroked his chin, "This has made our job the whole lot easier. They'll lead us to the Emeralds, and we'll pry them from their cold dead hands."

Zavok then began walking away, "Come along, Metallix. We must inform my brethren and The Sinister Six of this development."

Metallix nodded and took to the air at high speeds while Zavok leaped into the air, following the robot close behind.

(End song)


Meanwhile in Netherworld, Eggman, Otto, and Sombra were looking over the specs of their ultimate weapon.

Sombra looked over to Eggman, "Are you sure that this will work?"

Eggman grinned as he turned to the dark unicorn, "Of course! The Sinister Egg Core will be powered by the Chaos Emeralds and the 'magic'," he used his fingers as quotation marks, "of those annoying ponies! Thanks to their combined power, it will allow us to rewrite the very fabric of reality! Rewritten, of course, based on the 'alterations' to all universes that will be programmed by us using the Sinister Egg Core!"

Otto rolled his eyes, "Yes, yes, we've gone over all this before. The only question I have is, will Sonic, Spider-Man, and those idiotic ponies remember us after we rewrite the Multiverse?"

Eggman chuckled evilly, "That's the beauty of it. They'll remember exactly what we want them to remember. To everyone but us, and our glorious Netherworld, the world will have simply always been the way we rewrote it. Obviously we can't erase living beings or their spirits, but we can rearrange time and space to our benefit!"

Sombra then grinned, showing off his fangs, "So all we need to do now, is find those Emeralds and bring those foolish heroes here for the final act."

"Exactly!" Eggman replied.

Eggman then began walking out of the room with his arms behind his back, "Now, I'm going to continue overseeing construction of our weapon."

Sombra then lit up his horn, "And I'll be rounding up more soldiers for us to control."

Eggman walked out of the room while Sombra teleported out, leaving Otto in the room. Otto then began typing on the keyboard. Earlier he scanned the Mane 6 and their magic, he was curious as to what gave them their power. He accessed the scans and looked at the results.

As he looked at the scans, he noticed that they had familiar properties, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

He leaned in closer towards the screen, "These scans look all too familiar. What are you?"

Author's Note:

Seems like Doc Ock is on to something.

We'll look into that later, next up is a battle chapter.

Stay tuned.