• Published 9th Nov 2021
  • 2,214 Views, 70 Comments

Horizons - Battwell



The sequel to Sonic the Hedgehog X My Little Pony: Chaos & Harmony. But a new player is added to the adventure of a lifetime

  • ...
4
 70
 2,214

Vs. The Dark King

"Okay, hang on a second! How did we go from a beautiful green landscape to a freaking casino?!" Peter asked as they walked through Casino Park, passing the giant pinball and slot machines as they walked.

Sonic sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose, "You can thank EggHead for that. This used to be a part of Green Hill, but Eggman turned it into his own casino for his amusement."

Twilight looked confused, "For a 'genius', Robotnik does a lot of stuff that make me question his intelligence."

"You and me both," replied the baby dragon.

Shadow crossed his arms, "We need to stay vigilant. The radar said that there was an Emerald close in the vicinity. We need to find it."

Miles nodded his head, "I agree," he then walked up beside Shadow, "But that doesn't mean we can't have fun."

Sonic chuckled and gave the young hero a thumbs up, "Now that's the spirit, Miles!"

Twilight then gave the blue blur a stern look, "Now hang on a secon-"

She never got the chance to finish as Spike, Miles, and Sonic all ran off further into the casino themed zone, much to the annoyance of Shadow, Peter, and the alicorn princess. Twilight shook her head and took off after her friends with Peter following close behind.

Shadow crouched down slightly and sighed, "That blue idiot is going to be the death of me."

Shadow then dashed off down the casino road in search of the Chaos Emerald.

(End song)


Meanwhile in Netherworld, Sombra and Eggman watched the heroes through their magical window. Sombra huffed in annoyance while Eggman smiled.

"Oh don't worry, your majesty, Metallix and Zavok have already claimed two Emeralds thanks to the radar that they scanned right under that idiotic hedgehog's nose. That means we have three Emeralds in our possession while they have a measly one. Plus, once those annoying 'heroes' inevitably arrive at our front doorstep, they will bring the Emeralds that they have collected right to us!"

Sombra scoffed in response, "It's not that, Ivo," he replied while glaring at the screen, "I get that we have victory within our grasps. Our plan is exceptional in every aspect, but I just don't want to make things too easy for them."

Eggman then smirked, "I see where your getting at. You want a piece of the action don't you?" Sombra nodded in response, "Don't worry, I have just the thing you need."

Eggman then typed on the keyboard and brought up an image of a new mech he had just finished creating. Another fusion between machinery and dark magic. This brought a smile to Sombra's face.

"This is the latest mech I have been working on in my spare time. A king's weapon, if you will. Who knows? Maybe you'll be able to use it to finally beat the snot out of those losers." Eggman said.

"But I doubt it." Eggman thought to himself.

Sombra smiled evilly as he stared at the computer screen with anticipation.

"This, Ivo, will do perfectly."

(End song)


After making their way through Eggman's twisted version of a casino, they finally made it to where the signal was coming from. The Emerald was on a pedestal in front of a giant Eggman sign, pointing upwards with its fingers.

Spike pointed towards the Emerald, "Look! There it is!"

Peter scratched the back of his head, "Huh. That Eggman guy sure has a large ego, doesn't he?"

Shadow glanced towards the web head, "You've only just figured that out?"

Peter somewhat pouted as he crossed his arms, "Hey, unlike you guys, I've barely known the guy for a little more than a few days."

As Sonic approached the Emerald, Twilight had a thought. This was too easy, it didn't settle right with her. There was a strange feeling in her gut, she knew she had to trust her instincts. This felt like a trap.

"Sonic, this seems too easy!" Twilight shouted to the blue hedgehog.

Shadow moved beside her, "I agree, Faker! No guards, no form of security whatsoever? It's obviously a trap!"

Sonic stopped and thought to himself, they had a point. This was too easy.

(End song)

Suddenly, the ground beneath the hedgehog began to shake violently. His instincts kicking in, Sonic jumped backwards, just in time too, as a dark crystal shot out of the ground where the hedgehog previously stood. His friends moved over towards him as a dark mist formed around the crystals.

"MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

That familiar laughter made Twilight grit her teeth in anger as the mist began to take form. What stood before them was a giant robot with a dark green aura surrounding it.

Inside, piloting the giant mech, was none other than King Sombra, who had an evil grin spread across his muzzle.

"Well, well, well. Looks like the rabble aren't as dumb as they look. That's surprising, considering who you all are." Sombra mocked the heroes.

Twilight stepped forward, "SOMBRA!!! WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!"

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Why, nothing dear Twilight. All we've done is create another perfect mixture of science and magic," the mech then took a step forward, "A weapon truly fit for a king! My ultimate weapon, The Dark King!!!"

Everyone gritted their teeth as multiple portals opened up on the ground. Exiting the portal, were a small army of mind controlled ponies wearing armor.

Twilight looked saddened and disheartened at the swarm of her mind controlled subjects. Sonic gritted his teeth and stepped forward.

"YOU SICK FREAK!!! YOU'RE GONNA PAY FOR THIS!!!"

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Then by all means," the Dark King's hands were engulfed in a red a green flame, "Come and get me!!!"

Twilight turned to her friends, "Shadow, Miles, Spike. I want you three to try and free as many ponies as possible."

"How?" Miles asked.

"Those helmets they have on, take them off. I've dealt with something like this once, if you remove the helmets, then they should be freed," Twilight explained, the three of them nodded and went to take care of Sombra's army. Twilight turned to Peter and Sonic, "While they do that, we're gonna dethrone Sombra."

Peter and Sonic nodded and followed Twilight as she flew towards The Dark King.

Sombra laughed as the three heroes approached him.

"FOOLS!!! YOU'RE NO MATCH FOR ME!!!"

Sombra then fired two blasts of dark magic from the mechs hands, attempting to hit the heroes. Twilight and Peter had to move out of the way while Sonic dashed to the right to avoid the blast. Sombra snarled as he raised The Dark King's arms into the air, summoning two giant dark crystals, which burst right out of the ground, and began to drain their energy to form a dark shield around himself.

Sonic turned to Twilight and Peter, "Guys, you two take out those crystals," he then turned to Sombra, "I'll keep him busy."

They both nodded and flew/swung away towards the giant crystals while Sonic clenched his fist and faced Sombra. Sonic then dashed forward towards Sombra, gritting his teeth in anger as he ran forward.

"AVOID THIS!!!"

The Dark King stomped its left foot on the ground, causing multiple crystals to burst out of the ground, right in Sonic's path. Sonic jumped into the air and curled into a ball. He then Air Dashed towards The Dark King, only to be swatted away by the massive mech.

Sonic flew through the air and landed harshly on the ground, rolling to a stop. As Sonic got back up onto his feet, Sombra aimed the mechs hand at the blue blur and fired a red and green blast of dark magic. Sonic, just barely, rolled out of the way in time before he got hit by the blast.

Sombra snarled and released a burst of dark magic from within the mech. Sonic dashed forward and quickly found cover and ducked behind hit, allowing the burst of magic to miss him as it passed by. Sonic then parkoured over his barricade and dashed towards Sombra.

"You're proving to be harder to squash then I originally thought."

Suddenly, a voice from his left caught his attention, "YOU GOT THAT RIGHT, KING TRAINING BRA!!!"

Sombra looked over to see Peter roundhouse kick a mind controlled pony out of his way and deliver a solid punch on the dark crystal. Shattering it on impact thanks to his enhanced strength.

"NO!" Sombra yelled in anger.

The energy flow from the crystal cut off, causing The Dark King to stumble and fall to one knee. Sonic saw this as an opportunity to dash forward and curl up into a Spin Dash. He then launched himself into the air and hit The Dark King right in its core, sending the mech falling onto its back.

"ANNOYANCE!!!" Sombra snarled in anger.

The mech then transformed into a dark mist and hovered towards the other side of the battle field. The Dark King returned to its normal form as its shield returned thanks to having the other dark crystal not been damaged.

(End song)

"YOU FILTHY PESTS HAVE GOTTEN ON MY NERVES!!! PREPARE FOR ANNHILATION!!!" Sombra yelled.

Peter flipped through the air and landed in a crouched position in front of The Dark King, "Guess it's my time to shine."

Sombra fired a shot of dark magic at the friendly neighbor hood hero, to which Peter shot a line of web and swung around the mech, avoiding the attack. As Peter swung around the mech, he shot multiple balls of webbing at the shield, annoying Sombra greatly.

Sombra then swung one of the mechs arms at the annoying Wall Crawler, but as it swung its arm, Peter let go of his webbing and flipped through the air and landed on the mechs arm with a roll. He then got up and up the mechs arm, much to the annoyance of Sombra.

"ANNOYING BUG!!!"

Sombra fired a laser from the mechs right eye, much to his failure, he missed Spider-Man as the hero jumped off the mechs arm as the laser hit. This resulted in the mechs arm being extremely damaged.

"NO!"

Peter then saw a crystal shard on the ground below as he flipped through the air. He shot a line of webbing and threw the shard directly at the shield. The shard pierced through the shield and hit the mechs right eye, damaging the mech greatly.

"YOU PEST!!!" Sombra yelled in anger and worry.

Peter landed on the ground as Twilight got through the horde of controlled ponies and fired a beam from her horn, destroying the dark crystal powering Sombra's shield. The mech stumbled down to one knee once more. Peter saw Sonic running towards the mech and saw the blue hedgehog hit the mech in the core with a Homing Attack, sending the mech to the floor.

Sombra snarled as the mech transformed into a dark mist and hovered in the air. The mech returned to normal and hovered in the air. The mech was then engulfed in a fiery green aura. The mech then released a shockwave as it transformed into a new form.

"I was going to save this form for later use, but you all have forced my hoof!" Sombra yelled in anger.

(End song)

Twilight took to the air and gritted her teeth, "You're mine, Sombra!"

Twilight charged forward as Sombra fired multiple orbs of dark magic towards the alicorn. Twilight swayed left and right to avoid the orbs of dark magic and fired a blast from her horn to destroy an incoming orb. She accelerated forward towards The Dark King.

Sombra gritted his teeth as he fired a laser blast from the mech right hand. Twilight was caught of guard at how fast the attack was and was sent back through the air.

"MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!"

Twilight shook her head and continued forward towards Sombra. The Dark King fired a blast from its left hand, only this time, Twilight teleported out of the way and continued forward.

"Not this time!" Twilight exclaimed as she fired a blast from her horn and hit the mech right in the chest, sending it beck.

Sombra then released multiple strands of dark magic from the mechs back and sent them hurling towards Twilight. The alicorn gritted her teeth and encased herself in a protective barrier as the strands of dark magic tried to break through. Twilight then released a burst of magic from her horn, causing the strands of dark magic to dissipate.

Twilight then charged forward, more determined than ever to put a stop to Sombra. Sombra had had enough and fired a blast from both hands. The blast was heading straight for Twilight, who stopped mid flight and fired back with a blast from her horn.

The two blasts collided and struggled to overpower one another. Twilight gritted her teeth as sweat made its way down her forehead. She then thought of her friends and what she was fighting for. With a mighty yell, she gave it her all and began to overpower The Dark King.

"I....IMPOSSIBLE!!! YOUR MAGIC CAN'T OVERPOWER MINE!!!" Sombra yelled as Twilight's beam overpowered his and pierced right through the mechs chest.

The Dark King then began to explode in a blaze of glory. Twilight smiled as she saw the mech crash down to the ground below, ending this battle for good.

(End song)

Shadow roundhouse kicked a controlled pony in the head, taking his helmet off and sending the pony to the floor. Shadow turned to see Miles and Spike finish up with their enemies. The Ultimate Lifeform turned around to see Sombra crawling out of the wreckage of his mech.

Sombra got to his hooves and held the Chaos Emerald with his magic, only for it to be taken away from him by Miles, who grabbed it with a line of web.

Twilight, Peter, and Sonic all regrouped with their friends and glared at the dark unicorn.

"Hmph. It doesn't matter, anyway. We already have three Emeralds. All we need is to get the last two and then our plans can finally commence! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!" Sombra laughed as a portal appeared below him.

The dark unicorn screamed as he fell through it. As the portal closed, everyone looked worried. The villains already had three? This wasn't good. They needed to find the last two Emeralds.

And they need to do it fast.