• Published 11th Sep 2012
  • 1,808 Views, 16 Comments

Father Spike - ScrimpyMule



A sequal to "The Dragon and the Pony".

  • ...
0
 16
 1,808

A Special Night

The radiant autumn sun was shining over Equestria, beginning it’s long descent. In three hours the hour of twilight would begin, exposing all the land to a scene of beauty that was unrivaled. Two lovers were passing through Ponyville on their way to a particular spot north of the humble town.

For Spike and Rarity this was an occasion of unsurpassed importance. It was fifteen years ago this day that they were married for time and all eternity. They always celebrated their anniversary by having a picnic at the place where Spike had proposed and watching the sun go down. This year was no exception.

When they arrived at their destination Spike unloaded the wagon he had pulled the five miles from home. He placed a blanket on the ground and then unloaded Rarity’s favorite couch. He unloaded the rest of their things and arranged them according to his wife’s specifications.

When everything was set up Spike sat on the blanket next to Rarity, who lay upright on the couch. He took her hoof in his hand and kissed it. “Happy Anniversary my sweet.”

“Happy Anniversary Darling”, she replied.

They pushed their lips together and kissed. Spike felt the same chill run down his spine that he always did when she kissed him. He once again found himself trying to decipher what he had done to deserve this beautiful mare as his wife. As always he was unable to find an answer. There was no creature in existence lucky as he. He was pulled back to the moment when Rarity asked him to pass her a sandwich. They ate their meal and then poured sparkling cherry juice into Rarity’s finest glasses. They waited for the sunset while reminiscing about the beautiful life they had shared so far and the life they had to return to when this glorious day ended.

When the sunset came Spike was sitting on the couch with his arms around his wife, who was nuzzled against him. If the sun had Rarity’s face the sunset would be the most beautiful thing in the world, until then it was a distant second. He put his face to his wife’s mane and inhaled. Strawberry, she was wearing his favorite frosting. This makeshift perfume, however, was nothing compared to her natural fragrance. Nothing under Celestia’s sun could match her magnificent scent. With the glorious sunset and the warmth and smell of Rarity, he was truly in paradise.

Eventually the sun disappeared and Spike and Rarity, much to their chagrin, packed everything into the wagon and left. When they arrived at home they were unsurprised to find to find that their sitters, Twilight Sparkle and Pinkie Pie, had not yet succeeded in putting their four rambunctious foals to bed. With the strength and stamina of a dragon and the curiosity and playfulness of a pony these dragon-winged alicorns were a force to be reckoned with to say the least. Spike and Rarity rescued their friends and completed the task. They then sent Twilight and Pinkie off with words of tremendous gratitude and sincerest apologies. Finally, they made their way to their own bed and retired for the night, falling asleep in eachother’s embrace.