• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 2,194 Views, 50 Comments

The Journey of Lukas - MyAwesomePony



Maretime Bay seemed like the perfect place for Lukas to visit, or so he thought...

  • ...
21
 50
 2,194

Mission: Unbearable

Just outside Zephyr Heights around the area of the same cliff side where Lukas, Sunny and Izzy met Princess Zipp Storm, two fluffy bunnies were minding their own business, eating away at some grass sprouting out from the cracks of the ground, when suddenly, a hoof gripped onto the cliff side, causing the two bunnies to run off with a small yelp. Turns out the source of the hoof was none other than the sheriff of Maretime Bay himself, Hitch Trailblazer, who had just recently embarked on a journey to bring Sunny and Izzy to justice.

With all of his strength, Hitch quickly pulled his body up and finally making a landing on the cliff side. Once the sheriff was on solid ground, he allowed himself a moment to take a break, all the while panting and grunting, as if he had been doing this for a very long time. Luckily, Hitch wasn't alone as the two bunnies returned and both of them stopped by either side of Hitch. As he looked up in confusion about his new fuzzy visitors, they both cuddled him cutely, much to his chagrin. But then, he noticed something in the distance, a bumper sticker of a unicorn in a heart-shape, presumably left behind by Sunny.

"Litter!" He declared as he got up. "I mean, a clue." He corrected himself, but then, as if the sticker wasn't enough clues left behind, Hitch also found a strain of hair hung on a twig. "Hmmm... Unicorn hair." He pondered.

Finally, the last clue was a blue feather on the ground, Hitch picked up and gave it a small lick as he smacked his lips, just to let the taste sink in.

"Pegasi." He muttered under his breath as he walked off, with the fluffy bunnies following behind. "Track's gone cold." Hitch said, pressing his head up against the ground, before quickly getting back up. "Sunny, Sunny, Sunny, Sunny. You think you've escaped?" He asked himself rhetorically. "Well, think again. I will not eat! I will not sleep! Well, maybe a quick nap and snack if I can't find you in the next few hours, BUT! After that, nothing will stop me!"

When Hitch had finished his speech, all of the bunnies had gathered around the sheriff, clapping their ears together, cheering at such conviction.

"Oh. Thank you. Thank you." Hitch chuckled. "No, no, you're too kind. ALSO!"

As soon as Hitch continued, the bunnies stopped cheering, all except for one, who hadn't noticed that the clapping had stopped, but soon was told when the bunny next to him shushed him, which her quickly obliged.

"I'll follow you wherever you go! Whether harshest deserts, the coldest tundras, no trail too dangerous, no clue too small!"

Suddenly, as the clouds slowly faded away, all the bunnies noticed something behind Hitch, and that something turned to be a news report of the recently assumed fugitives, which were none other than Lukas, Sunny and Izzy. However, Hitch was only after two of them. Since they knew that Hitch was after the ponies right behind her, they tried to tell him by squeaking at him, trying desperately to inform him about it, but he seemed to preoccupied with his speech.

"The past matters not! It's justice-" Before his speech could continue, he finally noticed that the bunnies were trying to tell him something. "What? What?" He groaned, upset that they ruined his speech.

The bunnies then gestured over to behind them, Hitch looked back to see the news report as clear as day. "Gotcha!" He said proudly, having a pretty good feeling on where they were.


Meanwhile, back in the royal castle of Zephyr Heights, Zipp had just taken Lukas, Sunny and Izzy to a hidden compartment that led to what looked like the basket of a hot air ballloon as Zipp made a graceful landing in the basket, before looking up to the others.

"Watch your step." She warned, but Sunny and Izzy didn't take that advice very well, as they both made a rather rough landing, ending up on top of each other.

Lukas looked down at the long drop below him, seeing how Sunny and Izzy had just landed, he didn't want to get hurt. Fortunately, he had a plan to prevent him from falling on his bottom, and with a big, deep breath, he jumped cleanly inside while doing a back flip and grabbed onto the ropes holding up the balloon basket, then he leaped over to the other side of the ropes and grabbed onto them as well. Finally, he ended his stunt with another back flip and landing perfectly on his feet, the other occupants were amazed.

"Whoa, Lukas. You really know how to make a landing." Zipp remarked.

"Well, Rainbow Dash has been teaching me." Lukas replied, satisfied that his stunt pulled off well.

As Sunny and Izzy got up, Zipp then pulled down a nearby switch, making the balloon basket lower down as the group was now looking over what looked like some sort of abandoned and condemned building as Sunny, Izzy and Lukas all gawked at the sight before them, but it did look like the place could use a little TLC.

"Where are we?" Sunny gasped as the basket made a landing.

"It's amazing, right?" Zipp asked rhetorically as the group hopped out and examined the place. " I'm pretty sure it was some sort of station for when Earth ponies and unicorns used to visit Zephyr Heights. It's like everypony just... forgot."

"Wow, it definitely looks." Lukas then trailed off before clearing his throat. "rustic."

While Zipp was explaning, Sunny and Izzy both went up towards a framed picture of Maretime Bay, it seemed like it had been here for a very long time because of all the dust on it. Sunny reached out her hoof and wiped off some of the dust to reveal a familiar looking lighthouse overlooking the city. As she eyed upon it, her face lit up, recognizing that structure. But then, she looked above it and saw another framed, and rather dusty picture of three ponies walking through a forest, one Earth pony, one Pegasi and one unicorn, the latter carrying a rose with its magical aurora.

"This is proof! All pony kinds did used to be friends!" She said eagerly. "My dad was right."

"Man, if only the ponies from Maretime Bay can see this." Lukas groaned.

Lukas then noticed Zipp staring upwards intently at something on the wall, and as the human walked over to her, he looked up at what she was looking at, and he couldn't believe what he saw, it was a Wonderbolts poster, resembling the same poster that he'd see in Rainbow Dash's house.

"Is that what I think it is?" He asked, unable to believe.

"Yes indeed, Lukas." Zipp replied.

"I didn't know you were a fan of the Wonderbolts." Lukas said, crossing his arms. "You know, one of my friends happens to be a Wonderbolt herself."

"Really?" Zipp asked, Lukas nodded in response.

"She's been dying to become a member ever since she was just a little foal." He replied.

"Well, no wonder. They're only the best flying team in the history of Equestria. Zipp chuckled as Lukas joined in.

"Yeah, you said it, Zipp." Lukas smirked. "And speaking of "flying." It must feel a bit weird being the only pegasi that could do that

Zipp's smile slowly started to fade away as she let out a sigh of disappointment, as if she wanted to get something off her chest. "The truth is we can't fly either. We've been faking it."

"Faking it?" Lukas asked in astonishment. "This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder."

"But how?" Sunny wondered as she and Izzy walked up towards the Pegasus, demanding answers.

"You'd be surprised what some wires and good lighting will do." Zipp explained as she walked up to a chalkboard with a complicated equation drawn on it. "But I'm just so tired of living that ridiculous lie. That's why I come down here – to get away from all of that. And, well... to do this."

The Pegasus ran off, jumped onto a switch that seemed to have activated a nearby fan, with the machine being turned on, Zipp leaped over it, causing her to fly up into the air, spreading her wings out gracefully as she did so.

"Wow!" Sunny gawked at the Pegasi's flight.

"Whoa! Her sparkle is so bright right now!" Izzy remarked.

"Ha, wait until Rainbow Dash hears about her." Lukas added.

"Who's Rainbow Dash?" Asked Izzy, not recognizing the name.

"Oh, just a friend of mine." Lukas replied as Izzy nodded in understanding.

After spreading out her wings for a moment, Zipp glided back down to the ground and led the trio to a particular part of the abandoned station.

"But that's not why I brought you down here. This is what I wanted to show you."

She then gestured over to what appeared to be a stained glass window depicting one unicorn and one Pegasi on either sides of the window underneath an picture of Twilight Sparkle's cutie mark.

"Oh, my stars...!" Was all Sunny could say, before taking a quick gaze at her journal, which depicted the exact same symbol on it.

"This was made a long, long time ago, when we still had magic." Zipp clarified.

"It's beautiful!" Izzy gawked.

"Well, it sure is something alright." Lukas added, admiring the creation.

As Sunny marveled at the creation herself, her eyes soon lied upon the crystal that was above the Pegasi. "What is that?"

"That's the Pegasus Crystal." Replied Zipp. "It's part of my mom's crown."

Sunny then walked over to the stained glass window, before noticing something unusual about the structure, the Pegasi had a crystal above it, but the unicorn didn't have one. The circle where it should've been in looked like it was shattered by an unknown force.

"Hmmm. Where's the Unicorn Crystal?" She asked, letting her thoughts out.

As she examined the room, she then noticed a piece of curtain on the ground, and she could see a slight lump in it, meaning that something was underneath the curtain. Sunny then walked over to it and pulled away the curtain slowly to reveal none other than the unicorn crystal. Her face lit up once again, having found what she was looking for. Then, she looked at an engraving on the floor of the Pegasi crystal. At the top of it, there was a small gap, it looked like a perfect fit for the unicorn crystal. Curious, Sunny tested out her theory by pushing the crystal into the gap and it turned out, she was right, it was a perfect fit.

"Look!" Sunny called out to the group as they all gathered around.

"They fit?" Izzy asked.

"These two crystals belong together. United." Sunny exclaimed.

"So... what are you saying?" Zipp pondered, confused about what the earth pony was thinking.

"Maybe you lost your magic because the crystals were separated." Sunny thought.

"So if we put them back together..." Izzy trailed off.

"...magic will return?" Zipp finished.

"And all three pony kinds will get along again!" Sunny said with glee.

"That's actually not that far-fetched, Sunny." Lukas remarked.

"Aw, but what about the Unicorn Crystal?" Zipp asked.

"Well, if you're looking for crystals, we've got, like, a gazillion of them back in Bridlewood." Izzy replied.

"Then that's where we'll go next." Sunny declared, before remembering something else. "After we get the Pegasus Crystal from your mom, of course."

"Ooh... That'll be tricky. She, uh, never takes her crown off." Zipp informed them.

As it turns out, Queen Haven really adored that crown, because it never left her head and she wears it everywhere she goes. When she's sleeping, when she was in the shower, she even wore the crown while going swimming, and to prevent it from getting wet, she puts a swimming cap over top of it.

"So, what do we do?" Sunny asked, a little bit stumped.

"I think I might have an idea." Lukas exclaimed. "What if we take the crown while she's sleeping?"

"That's... not the worst idea I've heard, Lukas." Zipp said. "But I don't want to risk waking her up." She then pondered for a moment, trying to think of a plan. " I got it! Pipp's performing at tonight's royal celebration. All eyes will be on her, especially my mom's. She'll be distracted. So we just need to swap the real crown with a fake."

"Oooh, I can craft a decoy!" Izzy beamed. "But I will need a box of macaroni, a tube of glue, fourteen gooey bunnies, and three jelly beans. Oh. And glitter. Lots of glitter."

"I think I'm going to like this." Lukas said intrigued.

"Okay." Zipp began. "Here's the plan."