• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 2,194 Views, 50 Comments

The Journey of Lukas - MyAwesomePony



Maretime Bay seemed like the perfect place for Lukas to visit, or so he thought...

  • ...
21
 50
 2,194

New Town, Same Ponies

The hot air balloon floated peacefully through the clear blue sky, Lukas was still a little bit iffy about this whole idea of his. Sure, he wanted to explore other places of Equestria, but only Ponyville knows about his existence, so he would most likely cause a town-wide panic just by his appearance. Even though he'd only been a resident of Ponyville for a couple of months now, he felt more safer in the quaint, little village. He was starting to have second thoughts about this, but then Rainbow Dash's words echoed in his mind.

"I'm sure the ponies there will welcome you with open hooves."

What if she was right? what if Lukas was wrong and that the ponies there will be welcoming and friendly to him? the poor, little human still hadn't come to a concrete judgement about this whole ordeal. He was getting butterflies in his stomach now and the only company he had was Cherry Berry, who had fallen into a deep sleep, he didn't know what to think.

"Ugh." Lukas groaned, rubbing his head. "I need a rest, this is beginning to hurt my brain." And with no hesitation, he laid down and fluffed his backpack up into a make-shift pillow, he closed his eyes, and soon drifted off to sleep as well.


When Lukas woke up, he had no idea how much time had passed, he looked up and saw that the sky was still bright blue, that was a relief to him, at least he wouldn't have to camp out for the night, but he was still worried about where he was. Lukas then turned around to face Cherry Berry, who was still fast asleep.

"Hey Cherry Berry." Lukas cooed softly, gently shaking the pony, her eyes slowly opened as she glanced at Lukas. "You can take the balloon back to Ponyville now, I think I'm here."

"Well, if you say so, Lukas." Cherry yawned as she pulled on the string. "Have fun."

Lukas then put back on his backpack and hopped out of the balloon as it took off into the sky once again. Turning around, he saw a blue colored sign that read "Now entering Maretime Bay" and sure enough, Lukas looked into the distance and saw none other than the town of Maretime Bay, he had finally made it. Lukas gasped loudly at this sight.

"Yep, I'm here alright." Lukas said to himself proudly. "Although, I am going to need an easier way over there." Lukas said as he quickly scanned around him for anything to help him get there quicker. Then, as if Lukas' prayers were answered, he saw a small, red wagon nearby, it looked a bit old, but it still looked like it had some strength left in it.

"That will do nicely." Lukas said.

Without another word, the human hopped into the wagon, it was a bit cramped for him, but it was better than nothing. With one final big sigh, he pushed the wagon down the hillside as he sped along down the path to Maretime Bay. It wasn't long until Lukas had finally reached the town, he swiftly hopped off the wagon and took a proper look at what he was about to get himself into and began to feel nervous all over again, but he had already come this far and he didn't want any of that hard work to go to waste, after all, he was so close. So Lukas mustered up all of the courage that he had and slowly started to make his way into the town, wondering what it had in store for him.


It actually came out as a shock to Lukas that the ponies in the town were not running into their houses right now, instead, they just stared at him in awe and disbelief, whispering to each other.

"Well, at least I'm not causing any- OOMPH!"

Right before Lukas could finish his sentence, he was suddenly bumped by a strong force from behind, the impact was so strong, that it caused his backpack to go flying in the air, crashing to the ground. As Lukas rubbed his head, he poked his head up to see who or what had just pushed him to the ground, and saw a certain earth pony coming into view, with orange fur, a purple mane and tail, light blue hairbands and a light blue saddlebag. Also, she was wearing roller skates on her hooves and carried a smoothie cart behind her.

"Oh my, I'm so sorry. I wasn't looking where I was going." The pony apologized for her clumsiness and helped Lukas back up on his feet, then she took a closer look at him and gasped. "You must be Lukas, Twilight told me you were coming here."

"And you must be Sunny Starscout." Lukas assumed.

"Why yes I am. Well, it is a real pleasure to finally meet you, Lukas." Sunny said.

"You too." Lukas replied.

"It's okay, everypony." Sunny addressed the crowd. "This human is no harm."

Everyone quickly got back to what they were doing, Sunny turned back to face Lukas, who was just putting his backpack back on. "I'm sorry again about crashing into you. I hope you're not hurt." She said nervously.

"Don't sweat over it, nobody is to blame here, it was just an accident, that's all." Lukas said in a reassuring voice. "So, what are you up to?"

"Me? well, I'm on my way to Canterlogic." Sunny informed him.

"Oh, what's that?" Lukas asked.

"It's an annual convention that displays ponies with a lot of inventions to protect them. Say, would you like to come with me, Lukas?" Sunny asked hopefully.

"Sure, I'm down for that." Lukas agreed with a nod.

"Sweet, hop on." Sunny then gestured to her back. "I'll introduce you to my friends."

Just like she had instructed, Lukas hopped on Sunny's back. "Hold tight, Lukas, it's going to be a fast ride."

"Hopefully not too fast, I get a bit motion sick." Lukas advised.

And with that, Sunny and Lukas sped off to Canterlogic, on the way, Sunny began to sing a song about how today is going to be her day, and even Lukas joined in as well. When the two had finished their song, they reached a big building with a statue of a pair of pink glasses on the top of it.

"So, I'm guessing that's Canterlogic?" Lukas pondered.

"Uh huh." Sunny nodded.

"Hmm, it does look pretty amazing from here, and might I add, you have quite the singing talent, Sunny." Lukas said.

"Oh thank you." She said, flattered by the human's comment. "You did good as well."

As Sunny and Lukas started to walk towards the entrance, they were suddenly stopped by another earth pony, who came out from behind a nearby banner, this earth pony was named Hitch Trailblazer. He had light yellow and white colored fur, a short greenish bluish mane and tail and a golden belt with a silver buckle in the middle with a star on it.

"Aha! There you are, Sunny." Hitch said, as if he was expecting her. "Just the pony I was expecting."

"Morning, Sheriff Hitch." Sunny replied, returning back the greeting. "I see you brought the whole squad along again." Sunny then gestured over to three small animals, two birds and one crab, standing next to Hitch.

"What is it with me and critters?" He asked rhetorically. "I'm like a magnet to them." Hitch then lowered his head down to the animals level. "Guys, come on. Give Hitch a little space." As if to take his request literally, all three animals moved slightly back, Hitch groaned in annoyance and looked over at Lukas. "Woah, Sunny, who's that funny looking monkey?"

"Hey! I'm right here, you know!" Lukas exclaimed, making his appearance known.

"Hitch, I would like you to meet Lukas, he's visiting Maretime Bay." Sunny explained to Hitch.

"Well, hello there, Lukas. Name's Hitch, Hitch Trailblazer, proud sheriff of Maretime Bay." Hitch boasted.

"Oh, so you're the sheriff of this town?" Lukas asked.

"Sure am, I take my job as sheriff really seriously." Hitch said proudly.

"Yeah, I know you do, Hitch." Sunny groaned, rolling her eyes at Hitch's boasting, but then decided to change the subject. "So, what's up?"

"Oh, please. Like you don't know." Hitch said in a rather serious tone. "Today is the annual presentation at Canterlogic."

"Hey, we're headed there right now." Sunny said optimistically.

"Yeah." Lukas agreed. "So if you'd just move aside, we'll happily be on our way."

"Uh, no, you won't." Hitch objected. "Listen, I know that you have come up with some harebrained scheme to sabotage it, and if you think I'm just gonna let you walk in there-"

But before Hitch could finish his rant, Sunny interrupted. "Hey, Hitch..." She said in a sing song voice.

"No." Hitch said quickly, as if he knew what she was thinking.

"Come on." Sunny encouraged.

"Good morning, Sheriff Hitch." An earth pony greeted as her and another pony walked by.

"Morning, Mayflower, Dahlia." Hitch chuckled. "Sunny, I'm on duty." There was a small moment of silence between the two ponies, Sunny stared at Hitch and waved a hoof in front of him, as if she was waiting for him to do something. Hitch groaned and then they proceeded to do some sort of secret handshake.

"Up high, down low, hitch it to a post! Flip it sunny-side up and on a piece of toast!" They sang out as their handshake came to a finish, Lukas couldn't help but chuckle at this.

"Oh man, I can tell you guys have been friends for a long time." Lukas said, wiping away tears of laughter.

As Sunny and Hitch chuckled amongst each other, another earth pony named Sprout trundled up towards them, panting heavily, as if he had been running for a long time. Sprout had red fur, a blonde colored mane and tail and like Hitch, he also had a belt around him, but with a gold buckle in the middle instead of silver.

"I did what you asked for, Hitch." Sprout panted. "They never left my side, not even once. Yeah, I'm talking to you as well, you.. whatever you are." He then pointed a sharp hoof at Lukas.

"Actually, I'm a human." Lukas said to him, but Sprout was too tired to complain.

"Oh, hey, Sprout. You okay?" Sunny asked concerned. "You seem kinda wheezy."

"That's Deputy Sprout to you." He corrected her.

"Sprout, this is Lukas, he's a human." Sunny claimed.

"Well, I'm just going to ignore the fact that you are an unusual creature and introduce myself." Sprout said sarcastically. "My name is Sprout and yadda yadda yadda, you've heard my name already."

"Wow, attitude much?" Lukas asked, Sprout opened his mouth to speak, but he just let out a small, quiet groan.

"Fine." Sprout cried. "But don't try anymore funny tricks with me."

Lukas just decided to ignore him, as he realized that arguing would only make the matter worse. Sunny and Lukas made their way to the path entrance of Canterlogic, with Hitch following behind.

"Hey! W-Wait up! I'm not finished! Sunny!" Hitch called out, with the three small animals not far behind. "Sunny, we both know how this goes. Every year you try to sneak in, and every year I stop you."

"Look, you have nothing to worry about." Sunny assured him. "I'll just go into the factory, show Lukas around, deliver my smoothies-"

"Uh-uh!" Sprout interjected, standing aside Hitch. "You can't even step a hoof in there! My mom had you banned!"

"But I.." Sunny began, but was quickly interrupted by Hitch.

"I'm asking you as your friend, Sunny, not as sheriff." Hitch said, his serious tone turned into a more concerned tone. "Just please try not to pull any stunts today. If you won't do this for me, do this for Lukas, you wouldn't want to make a bad first impression on him."

"Okay, okay. I'll try." Sunny assured him with a smile.

"Thank you. Now, give your delivery to Sprout and go home." Hitch told her strictly, but quickly became distracted by a paper ball on the ground. "Hey, hey! That's a violation of Code 33!" He then ran off and his animal friends followed suit.

"Sunny, surely you're not going to give up that easily." Lukas tried to encourage her.

"Of course not, Lukas." She said with a smirk. "Come on, I'll show you around."

"Now that's more like it." Lukas was just about to follow the earth pony inside, but he had just noticed the situation he was getting himself into. "Wait a minute, Sunny told me that Canterlogic is a convention, and a convention is going to be filled with ponies, ponies that would absolutely freak out at my presence."

"Lukas, come on." Sunny called out.

"Coming!" Lukas called back, starting to walk towards Sunny. "Oh boy, something tells me that something bad is about to come out of this."


But unbeknownst to Lukas, his prediction was about to come true...