• Published 27th Oct 2021
  • 2,194 Views, 50 Comments

The Journey of Lukas - MyAwesomePony



Maretime Bay seemed like the perfect place for Lukas to visit, or so he thought...

  • ...
21
 50
 2,194

On The Road Again

The sounds of sirens echoed around the city of Zephyr Heights and flashing lights could be seen flickering on and off, chasing after the four fugitives down the street. Despite all of the distracting sounds around them, the four friends clearly had no intentions of stopping any time soon.

"Quick, this way!" Zipp shouted as they all ducked into a nearby alleyway, not realizing that a certain human was missing.

"Okay. I think we lost 'em." Hitch said as a street rat hugged his back hoof, squeaking happily.

"Hitch, what are you even doing here?" Sunny asked the sheriff.

"Arresting you. And saving you. So, you know, a little of both actually."Hitch replied, shaking the rat off his hoof. "You're welcome!"

"Oh-ho-ho, gee, thanks. But we don't need any saving, okay?" Zipp said, walking up towards Hitch.

"And you are?" He asked.

"Her mom is the queen!" Izzy burst out.

"Wait a minute. So that means... you're a princess?"

"Huh. Look at that. The sheriff just became a detective." Zipp remarked.

"What?" Hitch asked in confusion.

Before he could get an answer, Izzy noticed someone was missing. "Wait, where's Lukas?"

But they didn't need to ponder over that for much longer, because running up to the front of the alleyway and out of breath was none other than Lukas.

"Hey guys." Lukas said, trying to catch his breath.

"Lukas, where were you?" Zipp asked.

"Sorry, I just had to take care of something." Lukas replied.

Then suddenly, a news announcement showed up on one of the screens. Everyone looked up to see Dazzle Feather, and next to her, was a picture of Pipp's hanging predicament, exposed wires and all.

"Breaking story – Zephyr Heights is in turmoil tonight after the shocking revelation that the royals cannot fly."

It then cut to several interviews of the Pegasi of Zephyr Heights, the first one were two fillies, presumably fans of Pipp, but not anymore after that incident.

"Pipp used to be my favorite!" One of the fillies said in frustration.

"If we can't trust our own royalty, who can we trust?" A Pegasus asked as another Pegasus came up and snatched the microphone.

"I blame the unicorns and the Earth ponies! They ruin everything!"

"This just in – Queen Haven has been arrested for being a phony pony full of baloney." Dazzle said in a rather serious tone as Zipp gasped at the sight of her own mother getting arrested.

"No comment! And no photos!" Queen Haven snapped at the Pegasi taking her picture, though she couldn't resist herself. "Okay, one photo." She then struck a pose as the camera flashed.

"Well, at least she knows her limitations." Lukas said.

"Anypony care to explain?" Hitch asked, facing the group.

"We had to get the crystal. Look." Sunny then rummaged through her saddlebag, but because she dropped it earlier, it was no longer in there. "Oh, no, no, no, no! It's not here!"

"Seriously?" Zipp asked in disbelief.

"On the bright side, we had so much losing it." Izzy chirped.

"We have to go back!" Sunny exclaimed.

"But we don't have to do that." Lukas said, taking off his backpack and unzipping it

"What do you mean, Lukas?" Sunny asked.

"See, there's a reason why I took so long to get here." Lukas then reached into his backpack and pulled out a certain object "Because I managed to get it back."

The five ponies gasped at what the human had in his hand. "Lukas, you're amazing!" Sunny said happily as she ran up and took the crystal back.

"Yeah, I know I am." Lukas remarked. "And it's a good thing no one saw me as well, could you imagine how Pipp would react if she found out that..."

But before Lukas could finish his sentence, there was a sound of a can being dropped to the ground from behind them, but Lukas was too scared to look.

"She's right behind me, isn't she?" He asked nervously as everyone nodded in response.

Lukas slowly turned around, only to be met with a very furious looking Pipp standing right in front of her, and she did NOT look happy at all.

"You seriously need to explain why that thing was so important that you had to ruin my whole show over it!" She scowled.

"Trust me, it was." Zipp remarked with a smirk.

"Because of you, everypony now knows we can't fly." Pipp snarled while pointing an accusing hoof at Lukas.

"Look, Pipp, I'm sorry about that, but.."

"Oh you're sorry, are you?" Pipp asked, interupting Lukas in the middle of his sentence. "Well sorry doesn't get my reputation back, now does it?"

Lukas was taken aback by Pipp's tone and attitude, but suddenly, his scared and concerned face suddenly changed into a look of anger as he couldn't believe that Pipp was accusing him of stealing the crystal. I mean, he did just that, but it was for a good reason.

"Well maybe if you wren't acting like such a narcissist, this would've happened to you." Lukas snapped as the others gasp in shock.

"Oh, I'll show you a narcissist!" Pipp yelled and was just about to attack Lukas, but Zipp stopped her before she could.

"Guys, stop!" She exclaimed. "We don't have time to argue right now!"

"Don't try to change the subject, Zipp." Pipp barked, smacking Zipp's hoof away in anger. "You left me hanging there!"

Before Pipp could rant any longer, her phone then vibrated as she pulled it out from her wing and saw another news announcement.

"A warrant is out for the arrest of the princesses." Dazzle exclaimed as an video of Queen Haven in jail, holding up her prison number.

"Pipp! Zipp! Save yourselves!" She said frantically before she made a pose for the camera.

"What?! This is not happening! This is so not happening!" Pipp said nervously.

"Pipp! Forget about all that." Zipp remarked. "We think we can bring back magic, but we need that crystal."

"Have you lost your mind?" Pipp asked her sister.

"Please. This might be our only chance." Zipp pleaded.

"Yeah, Pipp, please give us a chance." Lukas added.

Pipp wasn't sure what to say, but after a moment of silence, she finally made her decision. "Ugh! Fine! I know a way out. Come on."

Reluctantly, Pipp lead the group out of the alleway, leaving an equally reluctant Hitch.

"What? Wait! You can't just... But I'm a sheriff!" Hitch groaned and followed the others.

"I just hope everything in Maretime Bay is going better." Lukas thought.

But unfortunately, that wasn't the case...