• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 1,200 Views, 17 Comments

A Sleeping Legend - LE_MALEM



If you believe that Equestria is a peaceful country, then prepare to be proven wrong.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,200

Truths and Betrayals

"Talk": Normal Talk
"Talk": Thoughts
Writing: Normal Writing
Writing: Flashback, Letter...
"Talk": Dragon Language, Shout...

Chapter 2: Truths and Betrayals

What makes a human, or in this case a pony, change in a day or another? Is it destiny or the feelings that we feel towards each other? The feelings of betrayal and jealousy are what changes a character most. If we were equal in this world, we might never lie to each other, hide secrets from each other or be selfish towards each other. A person, or in this case a pony, might gain many things because of these two peculiar feelings but his losses might be some things very important for him.


Fluttershy was acclaimed as a heroine. Everypony was circling her and the dragon's remains, shouting her name high. But there was something that they forgot but our heroine did not: The ponies who died in this battle. Their sacrifices in the other ponies' eyes was indeed vain since only their families cared about them. Fluttershy looked at Ponyville; devastation and death roamed the place and all they cared about is their savior?

"I am really sorry! I'm so sorry for being this late to save you from this imminent danger. If only I knew beforehand I would have been able to save everypony." she thought, tears in her eyes. But still nopony notices her crying. She was about to take her flight away from population when Twilight approached her.

"F-Fluttershy? Why..." she begun to say. Fluttershy thought that she was asking her why did she save them but...

"Why did you kill this dragon, Fluttershy? Aren't you an animal lover who sacrifices her life for animals?" these questions shocked Fluttershy. What was she doing was the opposite of her personnality. Once she was Fluttershy, the kind and loving animal caretaker that everypony knew and loved. Now, she appeared to the eyes of her friend as a cold-blooded killer. But as the spirit of her mother said, it was her destiny to purge these rouge dragons.

"I really didn't have a choice in the matter, Twilight. It had to be done. Didn't you see the terror that this dragon has caused. Didn't ALL OF YOU see this?" she pointed to the destruction caused by the dragon.

"If I didn't interfeere, Ponyville might be history by now." this made Twilight scoff.

"Pah! I bet this dragon wouldn't be a match to the Princess..." at the mention of the Princess, Fluttershy glared at Twilight intensly. The mention of Princess Celestia made her remember the reason she was an orphan in the first place. Her eyes filled with rage, she said:

"Don't... you ever... mention her... in front of me... or I'll kill you on the spot. If what you said is true then why isn't she here caring about you right now huh? You'll find soon enough, Twilight. By the way, I think I will meet her right now." as she flew in the direction of Canterlot's castle.

For the first time in her life, Twilight was scared of Fluttershy
"What is she talking about? There must be something I've missed. Did Fluttershy just threaten me? What has had changed Fluttershy so much to be like that? The magic, the dragon, the Princess..." thoughts were ramming against Twilight like a catapult. "Oh no! The Princess... I have a bad feeling about this." she went to the Library, preparing the airballoon.


Canterlot's Castle

Princess Celestia was enjoying her tea with her sister, Princess Luna. The guards were off duty due to lunch break so they were in the calm, alone, in the dinning room. Suddenly, the window broke and Fluttershy appeared before their eyes, glaring at the Sun Princess.

"I'm sorry for the window Princesses but I'm afraid that we must talk."

Celestia and Luna rose up from their seats. The Sun Princess remained calm and positive while eyeing Fluttershy carefully while Luna was the first to speak:

"Dear me Fluttershy, what thou you want from our Highness? Why there is a harsh tone in thine sweet voice?"

"Maybe you should ask your big sister what my arrival is about, huh? Why didn't you tell me that I had a loving and caring mother? Why did you hide this fact from me for years?" spatted Fluttershy.

"I'm afraid we have no idea what thou talkest about Fluttershy, do we Tia?" but the white alicorn didn't answer because she was eyeing Fluttershy's new cutie mark.

"Tia?"

"Oh, yes, yes Luna, I really have no idea what you're talking about Fluttershy. You have always been an orphan my little pony and nopony in Cloudsdale could deny that." admitted Celestia, still unfazed by the new events.

"Oh really? Nopony except one: My mother herself!" she yelled as she opened the grimoire. An aura materialized into a spectral pegasus pony. The spectre looked around her and saw the Princesses.

"You!!! The one in white" pointed Fluttershy's mother at Celestia "You have tried to tamper with my grimoire! You have denied my daughter's rights to be my successor! You have manipulated her to your vile ends! I can still sense that dark and machiavelic aura behind that angelic stature! I suggest you reveal yourself before you face my daughter and my wrath!" her voice echoed in the whole room.

"What thou art talking about, foul mare? Art thy in league with Discord and try to manipulate poor innocent Fluttershy to your ends? Tia we must stop-" she couldn't finish her sentence when she saw her older sister, crackling then laughing evily. It wasn't like Celestia to laugh in such manner and Luna knew it.

"Tia? What is the matter with-" but before she could finish her sentence she was sent flying by Celestia to a wall, rendering her unconcious.

"Good night, sister. Or should I say good riddance!" spat Celestia then she looked at Fluttershy and her mother "You are really the one that I was afraid of, Fluttershy." she glared at her intensly.

"So it was true. You really were going to use my mother's powers to come to your ends? I don't know what to say anymore! My mother was right all along. It's not you isn't it Princess!" said Fluttershy, worried.

"Hmph!" she replied as flames engulfed the Sun Princess. As the flames disappeared, she was transformed into a dark alicorn with black and scorching red mane, she was wearing a helmet and her cutie mark was an ablaze sun.

"True I am not Celestia. I am Scorching Sun and I am Nightmare Moon's sister!" said the newly introduced alicorn. "Now fear my wrath!" She set her horn on fire as Fluttershy was englobed into a fiery prison. Worry came into Fluttershy's mind as she was sweating bullets and kneeling under the pressure of the flames.

"Wh-what are you planning to do?" asked Fluttershy, weakeaned.

"I existed the same time Nightmare Moon existed! But even if we were sisters, we were destined to fight each other for power but Nightmare Moon, due to that foalish soul possession made to Celestia's sister grew more and more powerful. She was ready to end my life until that foalish mare cast the Elements of Harmony upon her, sealing her forever. However, I took the opportunity and hid in part of Celestia's soul. I was like a virus in both her body and mind as I consumed her year after year. Then you and your mother came. Really your mother was pathetic as I surveyed her failed attempts to give birth to you but in the end she died giving birth to you. I saw your awakened powers when you were a filly so I decided to seal them off..."

"My fake cutie mark..." whispered Fluttershy, now she had no shadow of doubt in her mind: Her mother was indeed the spirit of the grimoire and all this; her destiny; her childhood; her doing magic and fighting dragons now was all true.

"Mother I am so sorry!" cried Fluttershy inside.

"I tried to infuse the powers of that book into mine but no matter what I did, I couldn't open it! Then a fateful event happened..."

"Nightmare Moon's arrival?"

"Why yes! I've hid the Elements' storybook into Twilight's library." this shocked Fluttershy. Not only her but her five friends were involved. "Yessss! I used her and you five to my ends because in order to absorb Nightmare Moon's powers I had to sacrifice the Elements for my sake. Now I am the most powerful being in Equestria and no creature shall stop me from conquering everything from the shadows. Now goodbye, mysterious foal. I shall see you in the afterlife." as soon as she finished that sentence, Fluttershy was engulfed by the prison.

Princess Luna, who was witnessing everything, couldn't believe her eyes and ears.

"I was but a mere puppet in this mare's hooves! She used me too! I must act quickly!" she thought as she rose up and rushed to Fluttershy's rescuse. Scorching Sun saw that coming and unicon magic began to fly all over the room while the sphere was still burning Fluttershy to ashes.

Fluttershy's Dreamscape

Fluttershy was crying: She couldn't do anything at the end. Not only she was a scapegoat but she was a burden. Or at least that's what she thought until her mother came to her.

"You are my daughter: The heir of the Dragonborn, a warrior who fights for the good and in order to do justice in these lands!"

"Mother..." she said, crying "I am not fit for this! I killed the dragon because you were possessing me..."

"I was possessing you that's true but only your body to increase your capacities. You were the one in control. You saw your friends in danger so you rescued them, true?"

"Yes... But killing-" but Fluttershy was interrupted.

"I didn't kill for power like that madmare, I killed to protect the innocent and weak. It was something hard to do but I was proud of doing it. Now Fluttershy! Regain your composure and help Princess Luna. She can't hold her up much longer than this."

Her mother's words were printed in her memory as a white light engulfed her.

Back to the fight

Luna indeed couldn't hold much longer. She was cornered in a wall, under the mercy of her assailiant. Scorching Sun was ready to give her the final blow. But flames started to go haywire as the sphere where Fluttershy was burning exploded around her and revealed an irisless Fluttershy with white gleaming eyes.

She was conjuring two swords, one in each hoof. Scorching Sun and Luna couldn't believe their eyes as they saw a pegasus pony performing magic in front of their eyes. Fluttershy looked at the Dark Princess.

"Dir! WULD NAH KEST!" as soon as she said the last segment, she flew at a blinding speed towards Scorching Sun and sliced her chest.

"AGGGGH!" screamed the Dark Princess "You shall pay for this." She began to assimilate flames around the yellow pony who flew out of their sight but they were like homing missles. When they finally made impact, the princess laughed maniacly.

"Hahahaha! I finally got-" her laughter dropped down as she eyed the explosion seeing that Fluttershy was unharmed. Fluttershy was gritting her teeth, hitting her spectral swords with each other. Now Scorching Sun was fearful. She was backing off. Fluttershy was approaching slowly, cornering her and aiming her sword at her.

"Stay away from me you monster! What in the hell are you?

"Zu'u Fluttershy! Dovahkiin like my moonah before me! DIR!" and without any remorse she cut the Dark Princess in half. The Princess's lower body flew away from its top and she fell. As soon as she fell, she reverted back to Celestia but her mane was dim and starless. An old evil was vanquised at last but at what cost? Celestia, the respected and all powerful Sun Princess, was also lost forever.

Fluttershy was panting as her aura dissipated. She looked around her and saw what she has done. She couldn't realise that she was blinded by rage and fury.

"Oh no! I didn't want to do this!"

"This is why I told you that you should control your powers! This shouldn't have happened if you haven't let your emotions take over you. I shall teach you to control your powers as soon as we get out of here.

"Get out of here? Why?"

It was then that Fluttershy realised something: The only witness she had was Princess Luna. The latter approached Fluttershy and hugged her.

"I thank thee, O mighty warrior Fluttershy. Thou hast saved me from a certain peril!" she was crying. Fluttershy hugged her back realising that she had just lost her sister who cared for her.

"I can't believe that my sister was brainwashed! I should have known from the beginning..." she was cowering her head in regret.

"L-luna..." a weak voice spoke out of nowwhere: It was Celestia, or at least her torn-apart body speaking to Luna.

"Tia! You're alive! By the Stars! I should get something to help you."

"N-no don't... l-listen to me Luna! B-beware... t-there is... another danger... coming after Equestria... I-I have a feeling that... i-it's someone we both... know... F-Fluttershy... T-thanks for free... freeing me *pants* from my dark... prison... I have no regrets... now... May the... stars guide you... in your quest... I am..................... sorry....." her voice faded away as her eyes rolled into darkness. Celestia was dead before their eyes. Fluttershy hugged the bloody upper half and whispered "I forgive you."

Outside the room

Twilight trotted at full speed to the tea room after seeing the window broken.

"Oh no this could be bad!" she thought "I hope my thoughts are misplaced for the sake of ponykind!"

She arrived at the room's door. She was going to open the door but someone was before her to open it revealing Fluttershy, her mane was down, blood covering her body as she walked slowly outside. Tears were running in her cheeks as she passed Twilight. Time went slow as Twilight looked at Fluttershy. She was unable to say anything because Fluttershy suddenly flew away to a very far place. Twilight entered the room to find destruction and small flames all over the room. She was a body or a half body to be exact: It was her mentor, Celestia, laying dead before her eyes. Her eyes widened at the realisation and all her body shook like earthquakes. Her mentor was murdered, torn apart by whoever did this and she wasn't there to protect her. She trotted over the dead body.

"PRINCESS CELESTIA! NO! WHAT HAVE I DONE?" yelled Twilight as Princess Luna came over.

"I am so sorry Twilight! Something terrible happened between Fluttershy and my sister and-" she couldn't finish her sentence as she was choking under the hooves of Twilight.

"FLUTTERSHY DID THIS? IMPOSSIBLE! HOW? I SAW HER SLAY A DRAGON TO SAVE US BUT NOW SHE KILLS THE PRINCESS? WHY? AND WHY WEREN'T YOU THERE FOR YOUR SISTER!"

"I *chokes* couldn't do nothing *chokes* my sister was someone evil-" but Twilight didn't want to listen anymore as she slammed her into the wall rendering her unconcious.

"GUARDS! GUARDS!" yelled the purple unicorn and the guards showed up "APPREHEND PRINCESS LUNA! SHE'S GUILTY OF BEING AN ACCOMPLICE OF THE MURDER OF PRINCESS CELESTIA! SEARCH FOR FLUTTERSHY EVERYWHERE IN EQUESTRIA! BRING HER HEAD ON YOUR SPEARS! NOPONY KILLS THE PRINCESS AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!"

The guards were in shock: Twilight was a mare of cool demanor but the Princess's death was more shocking and Princess Luna was the accomplice? They couldn't believe their ears. But something terrible happened as one of the guards had a hole blown in his head. It was Twilight's doing.

"OBEY!" menaced Twilight. The guards nodded in fear as they carried Princess Luna away.


A/N: AND CUT! I'm sorry for the terrible lateness! I moved from my home to another for the sake of my studies! I hope you find this chapter interesting because the plot thickens. Please give some comments and stay tuned. I have the whole story in mind but when it comes to writing, I'm a little bit lazy. Thanks for your comments and advance and thanks for reading, faving and subscribing.