• Published 14th Sep 2012
  • 1,199 Views, 17 Comments

A Sleeping Legend - LE_MALEM



If you believe that Equestria is a peaceful country, then prepare to be proven wrong.

  • ...
2
 17
 1,199

Training Sessions in Time

"Talk": Normal Talk
"Talk": Thoughts
Writing: Normal Writing
Writing: Flashback, Letter...
"Talk": Dragon Language, Shout...

Chapter 3: Training Sessions in Time

There are certain humans, or in this case ponies, that are born wealthy, smart or with a natural born talent in this world we live in. Some of these see that their strong point can make them whatever they want in this world but also can lead them to arrogance, selfishness, narcissism and so on and so forth. It is well-known that not any human, or in this case anypony, is a complete being. What do you have as qualities may not be enough to live as a human being or as a ponyfolk. We, as creatures created by the Supreme, are being created to aid each other in times of need and in times of war against anyone that stands against our freedom of life. If the world was truly one big united island under one single solitary constitution, there would never be wars and there would never be conflicts (apart from religion). It is not easy to trust people in these dark times but the blinding light that envelopes each and everyone of us people or ponies shall never let us see the glimpse of darkness that others have.


Deep in the Everfree Forest

Fluttershy was panting heavily as she landed in a deep part of the Everfree Forest. Covered in blood, she started running from the Celestial guards that were engaging pursuit against her. Every muscle of her was tired from the fight against Celestia's evil form, even her brain. She had only one thought: Run for her life.

"Fluttershy, Element for Kindness by orders of the Celestial Apprentice Twilight Sparkle, you are charged of murdering Princess Celestia. We order you to surrender to the Royal forces of Canterlot. Come out wherever you are with your hooves behind your neck or we shall be obliged to use force and forfeit your life for good." The captain of the guards announced, flying over the Everfree Forest with his patrol.

"'Forfeit your life?'" Fluttershy thought, afraid. "I cannot believe that Twilight would say something like that. She couldn't mean it, could it?

"Don't be so gullible my daughter. You really don't know what can change people, do you? What your friend Twilight saw was the body of HER Princess cut in half in front for her eyes. Your friend is too smart to deduce that you are her murderer even if you didn't mean it but she is blinded by faith in the Princess of the Sun, the one she knew and loved not the one you brutally murdered to end an evil plot that threatens ponykind. Don't you remember what the Princess said before she died in your arms?"

Fluttershy was dodging the spears flying towards her hardly as she has not enough force anymore. She was also thinking about what her mother told her.

"There is another danger coming after Equestria? No! You don't mean Twilight, don't you mother? How can all this be connected?"

"Trust me my dear she is the only one who you are going to face after how your destiny turned out to be. But how? I have no idea, not a single clue about it. I am sorry but in the state you are we cannot stop her now."

Fluttershy was now regretting everything she had done. She lost Twilight and made her lose her faith for her. She didn't want to reach this point of complexity in her fate. For now, she was busy running away from the guards who wanted her dead. She couldn't run anymore as she reached a dead end: A big mountain-like rock was blocking her path. Guards were in the air and on the ground and with nowhere to run she could only wish for a miracle to happen.

"We got you now." said the captain as he held one of his spears, levitating with magic. Fluttershy couldn't bear to watch as she closed her eyes awaiting for a swift and painful death. The captain smirked as he threw the spear.

*THRUST*


Same time, Canterlot's Castle, Murder Scene

Twilight has gone insane. She was tearing the caslte upside down searching for anything to prove Fluttershy's involvement in the events that happened in this timespan. Suddenly, a guard came in and started talking.

"Miss Twilight, we have finished interrogating Princess Luna. She always says the same things over and over again: Her sister was controlled by an evil manifestation that could threaten Equestria. She also said if it wasn't for Fluttershy, she would-" the guard was interrupted rudely by Twilight.

"Lies... Lies... ALL OF THEM! Princess Celestia is too powerful to be controlled by a pathetic manifestation. She was proclaimed a Goddess of all ponykind. She could raise the Sun and the Moon. She was the savior of all ponykind from Nightmare Moon. But now that she's dead, thanks to 'Fluttershy', we do not have anyone to protect us. I have no idea what powers Fluttershy acquired in order to defeat the Princess but something tells me that it's out of this world." Twilight said, anger clearly showing in her face.

"I swear by my honor and my duties towards you Princess that I'll avenge you. Fluttershy is going to pay for whatever harm she has caused to our land. She is not worthy of her title as Element of Kindness, not anymore!"

"Keep extracting information from the traitor that is Princess Luna! Use any methods of torture available and known to ponykind. That is an order, soldier!" menaced Twilight. The soldier eeped and nodded furiously as he went to the prison as fast as he could. Twilight was thinking about what will happen to Equestria in the future: The Princess of the Sun was killed and the Princess of the Moon was branded a traitor for usurpation of the throne. If any enemy kingdom was to hear about this, Equestria and all of ponykind are in peril.

"Soldier!" Twilight called and a lieutenant appeared "Inform the whole populace of every single country and city in Equestria! Tell them to look at the sky in an hour top! I have an announcement to make." she ordered and the lieutenant nodded as his platoon flew all over Equestria carrying the message to every single pony there is.

An hour later

Ponies from all over Equestria were now aware of the announcement but all of them thought that it is the Princess who will give the speech. Murmurs were all over the crowds about what's behind this general meeting. Suddenly, the sky became purple, clouds begun to move on their own as they formed a gigantic circle all over Equestria. A mirror-like object appeared in the sky as the ponies' eyes were wide in front of the view. In the mirror, the image of Twilight Sparkle appeared and startled most of the assembly. Her voice was booming as if she was the Princess speaking in the Royal Canterlot voice.

"Citizens of Equestria! I am Twilight Sparkle, First Apprentice of her Royal Sun Goddess Princess Celestia and Element of Magic. I am the one who gathered you all today because it is a tragic day to me and to everypony living in this lovely land. It is indeed my deepest regret to announce that the Princess of the Sun is no longer with us anymore!"

Everypony witnessing the speech were all like 'What?' 'That's not possible' 'How could this happen?'... There was a huge commotion between ponies. Taking news as terrible as this one was a big deal indeed.

"That's not all! The Princess didn't pass away like anypony else. She was murdered by somepony who we considered a friend in need, somepony who was an Element like me. This pony is Fluttershy, the Ex-Element of Kindness! Her accomplice, Princess Luna, tried to usurpate the throne as her own!"

This caused an uproar. Fluttershy, a murderer and Princess Luna, a traitor? This is for sure the biggest stab in the back that Equestria have ever taken during years and years of peace and love. The majority of ponies believed the news as they are.

"Currently, Princess Luna is in prison and still hasn't attoned for her crimes and Fluttershy deserted her local city, Ponyville, after commiting the crime. For desertion and murder of Princess Celestia, anypony who brings me her head on a silver platter shall be rewarded ten million bits and made a hero forever and ever. This is an order issued by your new Queen: QUEEN TWILIGHT SPARKLE!" She wore Celestia's bloody crown as she announced the last sentence. Ponies were astonished when they saw Twilight with the crown covered in blood on her head.

"Long live Queen Twilight!" one pony cheered.

"Death to traitors and murderers!" another threats.

Most ponies followed the cheers over and over again. Twilight's eyes glittered as she announced.

"I will protect Equestria with all my powers. I shall create a new order where everypony shall feel most secure wherever he or she is. I'll make sure that everypony who made a mistake shall be punished accordingly. As for today and from today onward, it shall be called" Twilight stopped speaking as her horn glew intenslty. The Sun and the Moon moved at the same time and as soon as they were on the same line. A black object covered the sky as darkness was roaming everywhere. Everypony was amazed by Twilight's prowess as she continued her sentence "TWILIGHT'S ECLIPSE!"

Ponies all over Equestria were happy about these news as the mirror disappeared leaving nothing.

Twilight was exhausted from giving her speech as she was now assuming new responsibilities as a Queen. Meanwhile, the captain who was sent to capture and kill Fluttershy returned from his mission with a cocky smile.

"Mission accomplished, my Queen! Yes, yes, I saw the all mighty speech you made over the sky and I am glad that you were accepted by the population."

"Thanks, captain! But one question: Where is that murderer's head?" spat Twilight as she saw his spear, unspoiled by blood and lacking somepony-who-needs-to-be-murdered's head.

"Well... you see... when I thrusted my spear at her, she... just vanished into... thin air... she's not a unicorn so... she can't use magic... can she...?" the captain was stammering in each segment as Twilight became furious. She levitated the captain in the air.

"You... INCOMPETENT FOAL! You are not worthy of your title you little, pesky, pathetic excuse for a captain. You are relieved from your functions and... your life."

"What? No, my Queen, please-" the poor captain felt all his muscles grow as he exploded into thousands of pieces all over the throne room. Twilight calmed down for a moment as she sat in her newly acquired throne.

"No matter where you go you traitor, I'll find you even if you go to the end of the Earth!" she thought maniacly.

"Call the cleaners to clean up this mess! I have an important business trip in Appleoosa I need to attend! Prepare my carriage!" Twilight ordered here and there as she went to the carriage parking, royalty-style.


Unknown Place

Fluttershy's eyes opened slowly as she saw the unseen: A beautiful place covered in red veils and only red veils around her. She called if anypony could hear her but no answer. She sat down and cried.

"Am I... in Hell? To whatever entity who created me or this place... I deserve to be in here because I've commited unforgivable sins." she thought.

"No, my dear, you're not in Hell." a well-known voice answered. It was her mother in her spiritual form although her form was intense and clearer than before. She had a long sword in her back and her armor this time.

"Mother! What have you done to me? Where are we? Weren't I supposed to die?" asked Fluttershy furiously.

"Yes you were. But I kind of interfeered in the nick of time..."


The spear was aiming for Fluttershy's head. Fluttershy had her eyes closed awaiting for a swift death. Her mother saw everything from the grimoire as she transformed into her spiritual form.

"TIID KLO UL" she shouted as strong as she can, not only time slowed down but also the shout absorbed both Fluttershy and the grimoire along with it. As time took its initial pace, the spear was planted into the mountain. With no trace of Fluttershy, the captain ordered his troops to retreat to the castle.


"Speaking of time, I never visited this place before but I have a feeling that this is the rift between time and space." she deduced.

"How... are we going... to go back?" asked Fluttershy.

"Don't worry my dear! Going back is as simple as getting in. But I have a better idea. We will start your training here and now."

"Training? But-" she was interrupted when her mother unsteathed her sword.

"No buts my dear! I shall make a Dragonborn out of you even if it kills me!" she charged at her daughter.

"SQUEEEEEE!" she yelled as she was running away and dodging every strike. "Moher! Aren't I missing something perhaps?" the mother stopped in her tracks, noticed Fluttershy and said.

"Oh yes! How silly of me! The basics of course! You don't know anything about me, my origins and my land." she calmed and sat down as Fluttershy did the same.

"My name is Assunder and I was from a race called humans." she introduced herself to her daughter as she told her her stories back when she was a human. Fluttershy was amazed by these bipedal creatures, not only they were crafty, they were also as smart as ponies and anyone of them could learn magic, or as her mother calls it Magicka. That explained how Fluttershy was able to use magic and how everypony, or everybody as her mother called them, were able to use it too. Her mother explained her that she was a very skilled sorceress and a vailliant knight. Fluttershy pondered her mind about it: She wasn't even as close as her mother. Assunder explained and tought a lot of things to Fluttershy in the span of two months spent in the rift about history, dragons and dragonborn, magic, swordsmanship basics. Now, she summoned a forge with all its equipments in front of her (The user can summon anything he/she thinks of in the rift. Cool huh?).

"Fluttershy, my dear! It's time now we moved on from books and stories onto business. I'll teach you how to forge your own equipment and adapt to it. Ready?" asked her mother.

"I am ready, mother." answered Fluttershy briefly.

"A weapon is an extended hoof for a pony. You must think of it as a fifth hoof able to do harm. But you must understand that this hoof can also do you harm if you don't use it properly. Understand?" explained Assunder. Fluttershy was thinking of the pain that many ponies like her could suffer from. She doesn't want to kill anymore but she will be forced to sooner or later so she nodded her head.

"Ok, we shall continue! Think of the armor as a second skin that can protect you from powerful blows but this skin can also be damaged if you don't take care of it too well." she said as she handed over an iron sword and armor.

"You will craft your armor and sword later! For now we shall do a spar." ordered her mother.

"A spar? But I'm afraid to hurt you-"

"SILENCE! You must learn how to defend yourself and other ponies in need at least! You won't be the frail and fragile little pony I know! You shall be as strong as I am one day, now wear the armor and defend yourself." Fluttershy nodded furiously as she wore her armor and sword. Fluttershy was doing some sports in the last two months so she gained some endurance as she could wear them without clonging on the ground. Assunder charged at Fluttershy and knocked her sword in one hit.

"Oh come on Fluttershy! Your stance is off! You lack concentration! Pick up your sword and start over!" she ordered in anger. Fluttershy was cowering in front of her as she nodded and picked up her sword.

"Tighten your grip! Loosen your body! Float with your wings and strike with your frontal hooves!" she said as she stroke Fluttershy who did her best to parry her moves. Fluttershy was injured a lot and a lot but thanks to her Restoration classes she took, she became a Master already. Unlike her mother who is based on Destruction magicka, she decided to go for a much more peaceful way so her Destructive spells were not that good with the exception of lightning. Speaking of lightning, Fluttershy sent a lightning bolt to her mother as an answer to the flurry of hits she made her suffer. She took the bolt by just standing there. It was not doing anything to slow her down as she approached Fluttershy and sent her flying with a FUS ROH DAH. Fluttershy was knocked down unconcious as her mother slammed her forehead.

"Uhhh... I overdid it again I guess. But she's progressing in a fast pace now!" she thought. Suddenly, a strange feeling was overcoming her etheral body as she begun to disappear.

"No, not now! She still isn't ready!" the phenomenon stopped as she panted heavily and fell asleep.


8 Months later, Rift

(By the way, time didn't stop in the Real World so 10 months passed in the Real World! I guess you guessed it when Twilight killed the captain who failed. It's just a reminder.)

Fluttershy stood on her hind hooves, floating. She has not the same innocent look anymore: Her mane was cut short leaving a beautiful strand of hair over her right eye (Imagine how short her mane when she was a filly). She has became more serious over the months she trained with her mother but she couldn't forget anypony, her animals, the kindness of her inner self. Those virtues that she was thought over the years were like habits dying hard in her conciousness.

Her mother, noticing that she is disappearing little by little, felt that she overused her time in the world of the living and it was time for her to go to Sovngarde where the other Dragonborn were sent after death.

"Fluttershy! I am sorry to tell you this but this is the last time you shall see me!" said her mother, surprising Fluttershy.

"Mother? What are you saying all of a sudden? After encountering you all this time you are saying that you will never see me again? Why?"

"I overstayed my welcome in the world of the living, my dear!" explained her mother. Fluttershy suddenly remembered that her mother was dead to begin with. She's living with her own powers.

"B-but mother, you gave me everything, taught me everything you knew, made me revive my lost childhood."

"You are an adult mare, Fluttershy! You have a destiny to fulfil sooner or later! Now please before I go, I have one request: Fight me so that I die a hero and a mother's death!" ordered Assunder.

Fluttershy's tears were overcoming her but she decided to not let them go down as she wore her Light Dragon Armor and equipping her own crafted sword: The Dragonmare as she named it, was a blade crafted from dragon bones and with a yellow hilt crafted with pegasi feathers and skin (her own). It was a beautiful Katana when its owner, Fluttershy, was holding it.

Fluttershy charged at her mother. Metal met metal in a beautiful harmony. The mother broke up the sword fight with an overhead strike, which Fluttershy parried as she prepared a lightning bolt which stroke her mother right into the abdomen. The impact was powerful as Assunder was sent flying but still remained calm. She threw fireballs after fireballs which Fluttershy dodged some of them and took some others head on. Both Fluttershy and her mother were healing themselves but Fluttershy had the upper hand in this so to overcome her disadvantage, the latter used potions to come back to the fight quickly. She drew her sword and then shouted.

"WULD NAH KEST" her speed was inhuman as Fluttershy couldn't parry that hit which knocked her helmet over. Fluttershy, now having a scar across her cheek, was angry, so angry that she shouted

"STRUN BAH QO" her mother's eyes widened as a storm was brewing in the sky. Lightning started to fall over her. She couldn't dodge fast enough as she was stroke by some bolts. She stood on her sword when the storm ended only to find Fluttershy's sword at her neck. Before she could retaliate, she fell on the ground.

Fluttershy steathed her sword then grabbed her mother who said.

"I think my time has come my daughter! You did well!" she started to dissipate into thin air. "Please be strong, honor me by killing Alduin! I'll see you in Sovngarde my dear! I am sorry I have been a bad mother to you! Thank you for all the good moments! Goodbye my dear beautiful Fluttershy!" and then she was gone for good. Fluttershy was panting and crying over and over. She was lonely again.

(I can't believe how much this song matches Fluttershy! Song by Celine Dion and El Divo - I believe in you. Just look at the lyrics and look at Fluttershy.)

As the song goes on, Fluttershy was slowly getting out of the rift, back to her world where her destiny, along with other surprises, were awaiting her.


2 Months later - Appleoosa

Rumors about a pony who was slaying dragons came all over Equestria. The pony's face was never seen and rumors say that the pony appears whenever a dragon strikes over any place in Equestria. Over the year, they couldn't even kill the dragons that started roaming over Equestria because of their weapons inferiority. Many sacrifices were made in order to kill a single one. Even the new Queen, Twilight, was frustrated over the fact of her inability. In fact, the Queen was focused more on her revenge than on her people but nopony could overthrow her since they couldn't find a better replacement or couldn't overpower her might.

We are now at Appleoosa. Wanted posters were everywhere now as chaos roamed the horizons. Nopony was seen in sight except in the local saloon. Speaking of the saloon, a pony trotted in, attracting the attention of everypony there. Judging from the mane, she was female with a long blonde mane with no strings attached. She wore a white strange dress that anypony in Appleoosa haven't seen before. She also had a sword strapped in her back and a cowboy hat made of straw covering her face except her mouth. She sat down on the counter.

"What can I do for ya, missy?" the bartender asked.

The blonde pony tilted her hat up, revealing a black band on her eyes and scars coming out and over. The bartender was scared of her appearance. She suddenly said.

"One Applecider, shaken but not stir!" said the blind pony.


AND CUT! This chapter is complete. I kind of hasted the training process over there and I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Thanks for your support by commenting and faving.