• Published 3rd May 2022
  • 1,116 Views, 399 Comments

Minecraft: A New Adventure - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkie Pie and Octavia end up being sent to a brand new world, one made of blocks and having different rules to live by, where they join forces with Steve and Alex to see what the world has to offer.

  • ...
5
 399
 1,116

Blood Moon

"We did well with that dungeon, especially since we're making out like bandits," Alex remarked, speaking after they found the area Pinkie had left all of their unnecessary treasure in and collected it, where she was thankful for her friend's odd skills, otherwise they wouldn't have been able to carry everything, before she sighed, "but I guess that was a sign for us to slow down and not overpower everything."

"Yeah, otherwise an Admin's not going to like it... guess we'll have to tackle that dragon later, once we've actually been to the Nether and gotten some supplies." Octavia said, because that seemed to be the logical route the Admins wanted them to take, gather enough resources and gear in the Overworld, or whatever this world was called, before forging a gateway out of obsidian so they could travel to the Nether, to empower themselves further, "We might want to find some of the other large structures we've seen so far, just to gather more Experience to empower ourselves to the proper level... plus it'll give me some time to study my tome, as I might find something interesting inside it that might help us out."

"Given what we just saw, I'm up for doing anything that might help us out," Steve stated, due to the fact that he and Alex knew that fighting the Ender Dragon was a near impossible task without the right preparations, especially given that half of what they needed, a fair number of blaze rods, were in the Nether, so it would be some time before they actually fought a dragon in a fair fight.

Pinkie, on the other hand, remained behind the group as she stared up at the sky, as not only was the sun moving to the east, so it could set and bring about the night, she was positive that an Admin was watching them at that very moment, but that wasn't what held her attention. Her Pinkie Sense was going haywire, as if something bad was coming, something far worse than a massive red dragon that could have roasted them with a single burst of flames, and she had a feeling it would happen soon, meaning either the timing was horrible or an Admin wanted to punish them a little more. Either way she made sure they got back to the village, because at least they would be safe behind the walls she had set up earlier, for a time based on what she was feeling right now, where, for the first time in a long time, she hoped that her this was just her overreacting after seeing that dragon. She did, however, glance at Octavia for a moment and knew that she wasn't the only one who thought this wasn't over, not by a long shot, but since they had no way of telling what was coming next both of them remained silent as they headed back to the village, hoping to just have a peaceful walk.

This time Octavia found that she was right, it was rather peaceful and they were able to reach their destination in no time at all, but as the others set down their chests she noticed some red particles in the air and pulled out her lens, where she scanned the sky and got an odd message, that a 'blood moon' was rising.

"What in the world is a 'blood moon'?" Octavia asked, where she turned towards her companions for a moment, who had finished setting down the rest of the chests in an area near the smithy, so they could sort things later, and found that they shrugged, showing her that they had no idea what it was either.

"A blood moon?! Oh no, we have to hide!" the Elder remarked, confirming something for the group, the reason Steve and Alex had no idea what it was was due to the fact that it wasn't an event they had experienced, making Ocvatia and Pinkie wonder what else this world had to offer in the future, before the Elder ran to a bell and started to ring it, "A blood moon is an event where a crimson moon will appear in the sky, bringing forth waves of monsters until morning arrives, and we usually hide underground to make sure they don't get at us... with how rare they are, we assumed they were the work of nature or a sign that an Admin was displeased."

"Then get the others into the bunker, we'll hold the line and keep the village safe," Steve said, though this was bad, since an endless horde of monsters wasn't a good thing for them, not after seeing that dragon and nearly being killed by it when it fired at them, and even with Octavia and Pinkie helping him and Alex he suspected that this was going to be a long night, one without rest for them, "Pinkie, is there anything you can do to help us out?"

"I'll reinforce our weapons and armor, but without any new ores I can't make the more impressive gear and tools that are in the back of my books," Pinkie replied, referring to the weapons and armor that were tied to the smithy she had crafted before they started exploring the area around the village, before she smiled as she pulled out a diamond, something that caused Steve and Alex to smile for a moment, "however, with a Crafting Table and some of the other tools that have been added to my area, I should be able to make some better weapons for all of us... just give me some time and I should be able to produce something impressive."

Steve nodded as he, Alex, and Octavia returned to the walls and made sure everything was lit up, to give them some sight into the surrounding area that was around the village, finding that, for the time being, nothing was happening as the sun continued to go down and the moon took it's place. As they kept an eye out for danger they found that the sky turned red, just like the moon, meaning that it was becoming what the Elder told them about and each of them kept an eye out for the enemies that would be coming out of the forest, though all of the Villagers were safe and out of the way. Sure enough the group found all sorts of enemies gathering outside the village, as Octavia found Skeletons armed with bows, both normal and enchanted, Zombies either unarmed or geared to the teeth, Creepers looking ready to blow stuff up, not to mention all sorts of monsters that were gathering in the distance. In addition to that they could see that there were strange birds in the air, winged monsters that looked like they could pick up creatures and drop them onto their targets, meaning that the village was under siege, far more than when all of the Illagers came to take it over.

As they observed what was going on Pinkie returned and passed out the gear she had crafted for them, as while she had no way of using diamonds with her smithy, save for using them to boost the power of their gear, she could use the power of the Crafting Table to make a different set of gear. The weapons and armor she produced were well fitting and seemed to be on far, if not a tad bit better, than what she produced with her smithy, where Pinkie informed them that she found out something interesting, the weapons and armor had qualities and, based on her crafting skill, she could influence what sort of quality it came out as. By boosting that skill to the max, and setting down some additional items to fix up and even improve upon what she had just made, she was able to produce items of 'undying' quality, making them far stronger than the smithy's iron weapons and armor, meaning they would serve them well in battle. She wanted to add enchantments to all of them, to make them even stronger than what she was currently handing them, but such a thing needed a table that was made for such a thing, which they had been unable to find, and without obsidian she couldn't make it yet, so Steve, Alex, and Octavia were going to have to deal with the lesser versions for now.

Instead of waiting for their enemies to attack the village, and get the drop on them, Steve and Alex donned their gear once more and jumped over Pinkie's wall, the former wielding a new diamond sword and shield as the latter went with a bow for the time being, with her own sword and shield in case enemies got close to her. Pinkie, of course, carried her scythe as she joined the pair on the battlefield, though she moved to another position so they could spread out and cover a wider area, while Octavia stayed on the village side of the wall and loosed arrows down at her targets. She found that a number of monsters either didn't acknowledge the existence of arrows, as in they just tanked them before moving forward, or they were too slow to move out of the way and just accepted it, but she was hoping for something more, like actual magic to do some damage. When she found that Pinkie really didn't need assistance, as she was more than capable of facing the force of monsters in front of her without slowing down, Octavia focused on the air and loosed as many allows as she could into the space between them and their flying enemies.

While she did that her lens floated around her, allowing her to track down and identify each foe, likely to add to the list of monsters they knew about, such as the Roc that liked to pick up hostile mobs so they could drop them, the blue feathered Ventoraptors who were fast on the ground and Pinkie's speed allowed her to take each one down, and even a seagull bird, the Raiko, who seemed rather lame in comparison. In addition to all of their enemies she also found Spriggians, monsters made of wood and leaves that came from the forest itself, Kobolds, little rat critters that liked to steal things from where they landed, and even some Wargs and a few Wraamon, deadly rodents packed full of chaotic energy. She only knew that due to her lens showing her the truth, though as she studied them, and collected information on each beast, Octavia did find a few monsters with a purple aura around them, making each one stronger than before and worth more when they were eventually brought down by her companions. In that moment she had an idea as she called out to Pinkie, who likely had an idea on what she was planning, to which her insane companion struck the ground with the end of her weapon, a fact that caused the monsters to stop in their tracks as they studied her, before she pulled out a Crafting Table and simply crafted a golden summoning staff out of a gold ingot, a bone, and a pearl.

Of course she wasn't worried about wasting material, though before anyone did anything she tossed it backwards as she shifted her stance, allowing Octavia to catch the staff and tap into the magical power that had been building inside her since they appeared in this world. In the next instant she called forth her new ability and summoned several minions that would aid them in battle, several Wraamon to be exact, which was just due to her inexperience and limited magical power, as she had a feeling the more Experience she pumped into her magical skill the stronger she'd get, not to mention letting her summon more when she used this staff. There was one thing she intended to do and was pleased to see that, despite not knowing the exact method on how to make such a thing, each of her Wraamon had the purple flaming aura around their bodies, to which she designated their enemies to them and watched as they rushed out, attacking the monsters from an area that most had a hard time reaching. It was hilarious to watch as monsters like the Warg were torn down by such a small critter, given the base size and power difference between the two, but she wasn't about to complain about what she was seeing right now, since it allowed them to push the monsters back and keep the village safe.

With the summoning staff in hand, her minions helping them out and collecting Experience for her, and the skills of her companions, Octavia was sure that they would be able to survive the blood moon and show the Admins that they weren't going to be taken down so easily, causing her to look forward to what the next day had in store for her, Pinkie, and their grand companions.