• Published 3rd May 2022
  • 1,113 Views, 399 Comments

Minecraft: A New Adventure - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkie Pie and Octavia end up being sent to a brand new world, one made of blocks and having different rules to live by, where they join forces with Steve and Alex to see what the world has to offer.

  • ...
5
 399
 1,113

Village Work

As Steve and Alex focused on making sure that the loot they had acquired was spread out around the village, and several of the Villagers helped them figure out where everything was, to the point where they claimed signs would help them later on, Pinkie got to work designing some defenses. Given the amount of dangers that were around the village, dragons being far more common than anything else, she felt that making a protective barrier of stone might be best for them right now, so she first used a shovel as some of the Villagers informed her of the boundaries of their domain. Of course she knew that the walls wouldn't be all that strong, not unless she made everything out of iron, but for now she did her best with the types of stone she had access to, while adding some stairs so people could get to the walkway with ease. She also made sections that would be turned into watchtowers, allowing some of the villagers to keep an eye on the surrounding area and alert the rest of the village to when danger was approaching, though to keep everyone safe she'd have to make a bunker underground, in case of a dragon attack.

While she was doing that, and they were impressed by her actions, Steve and Alex focused on making sure the farms had all sorts of food to grow, thanks to everything they had found during their earlier adventure, while finding that Pinkie also had some openings for them to use, one for the mine, one heading outside, and one for Octavia.

Octavia, on the other hand, was busy in her tower, as she had found some materials to use during their visit to the other village and that allowed her to make the research table the tome talked about, though she also had some sugar cane that could be turned into paper. She still disliked the set of stairs that lead to her domain, it just seemed dangerous to her, but she had no idea on how to improve it, save for making a floating island or something to work on, even though such a thing would leave her with no way to get back down. The table allowed her to make theories on the subjects she had studied with the Thaumometer, though when she did so Octavia found that part of her that she didn't know was there, likely the mage she was slowly becoming, took over and really focused on her studies. Part of her wondered if there might be a way for her to make copies or clones of herself, since she had a feeling that everything in the tome would take forever to do on her own, but she'd figure out if such a thing was possible in the future.

Since she needed paper, and likely a lot of it for her research, Octavia walked partway down the tower and cut into one of the walls, allowing her to step outside and use the dirt she had gathered previously to form a ring around the structure, all while part of the area would be turned into a sugar cane farm, for endless paper for her studies. She also discovered that the tome called for her to dabble in alchemy, not the potion making that seemed to be common in this world, especially since the tome referred to Essentia once more, allowing her to shift her thoughts in seconds. The Thaumonomicon went on to reveal that she had to make some sort of mystical crucible to do such a thing, causing her to sigh as she realized that there was far too much for her to focus on right now, so she focused on making sure the sugar cane was planted. Due to all of the things she had read about so far, even if most of it was blocked off, Octavia knew that she would need a lot more paper, though while she was forming the area she made sure to layer the ground of the floating section, so bits of water didn't drop down on the ground.

Of course she had to get a bucket and fill it with water, which was easy to do thanks to all the iron that Pinkie had and her companion didn't seem to mind making one for her, allowing her to make a few trips up and down the stairs to fill out the small river she had created, though once it was done she smiled and made sure everything was placed so it could grow while she was busy doing other things.

"Looks like we've done well, given the limited amount of time before night." Octavia commented, as once her work on her area was done, for now anyway, she returned to the village and found that Pinkie had completed her walls, at least five blocks thick and designed to have openings for her and their companions to use against attackers, Illagers and whatever else existed in this world, with small openings that had wooden doors in place, "Really Pinkie? A wooden door?"

"Actually, the monsters can't break it... plus I'm not totally sure how to make a door out of iron, that we can use levers or other items to open without leaving the way open." Pinkie replied, where she munched on some melons as she looked at her handiwork, which was only possible in such a short period of time thanks to her abilities, something that stunned their companions when they laid eyes on it, before she sighed, "I can't do much for all of the flying monsters, like the dragons we've seen so far, but so far we should be able to flee into our houses and form a plan of attack if something else shows up to attack the village."

"At the very least you lit everything up, so monsters will have to spawn further away from this place," Steve remarked, as that was one of the common lessons that people like him and Alex learned when they started their adventure and he was pleased to see that Pinkie had done the same in no time, with Octavia taking notes for later, "When morning comes we'll head back and get those animals, before either the Illagers claim them or one of the dragons roasts the area and we lose them, as they'll be safer in the village... plus Alex and I built an area for them."

"Also, the fact that you built a wall is a good thing, as we have no idea when the Illagers will come for our allies." Alex said, reminding them of the other threat that was out there, while at the same time noticing that some of the Villagers were on the walls, looking out for danger before likely retreating if they saw something that might endanger this place, "We really have no idea why the Illagers hate the Villagers, given how peaceful our friends are, but they're aggressive and I'm sure that a scouting party might have seen us while we were exploring... hopefully not, since we're not equipped to deal with a raid."

Octavia wondered what a raid was, since this was the first time she and Pinkie had heard such a thing, though before they could ask a question about it one of the Villagers called for one of them to check something out and everyone moved over to the western wall. What they discovered was a number of monsters that seemed to be gathering, ten to be exact, which happened to be a few Creepers and a couple of Zombies, who looked confused by the existence of the great wall Pinkie had rapidly created in the span of an afternoon. The part that amazed Octavia was that none of them seemed to know of the wooden doors that served as their entrances into the village, and even when one walked by it, for just a few seconds, it looked like they were seeing a flat wall with no opening, meaning either they were stupid or there was something about all of the doors that made sure the Villagers and people were safe. One thing all four of them noticed was a pack of vicious wolf creatures, four of them to be exact, which tore through the other monsters like they were nothing, where the Villager informed them that they were Wargs, who either hunted in packs or hunted alone, either way they were dangerous, but couldn't punch through the wall.

Pinkie smiled as she observed her handiwork, as it seemed like she had been right to build a wall around the entire village and make it as thick as she did, for the extra protection it offered, though since the walls were lit, with torches and some of the other lights they found in that house, the four of them turned in for the night.

When morning arrived Octavia found that Steve and Alex had a few things to show her about planting crops, things that she might need to know in the future, for whatever reason, and with all of the Experience she had gained it meant she was able to harvest the crops without problem. While they did that Pinkie went overboard on her renovations to the village, as once she was done with the walls and the lookout towers she focused her attention on making better roads, so when they or the Villagers had to move things it would be far easier, for carts and whatnot. She found that the Wargs were still on the other side of the wall and seemed to be far more interested in them than any of the other monsters, due to the fact that most of the ones they had faced so far hated the sunlight, but she decided to ignore them as she worked on a safe road to the mine. Steve and Alex just decided to let her do her thing as they worked on the food supply, as they knew it wouldn't take her all that long to get the walls and lookout towers up, given them a wider range to watch over, though she did find a downside to her expansion, there were only so many Villagers and a greater area meant less reaction time.

The Elder, upon seeing the walls and her ideas for expansion, informed her that during their travels they might be able to convince the Villagers of the other scattered villages to come and live with them, allowing them to expand everything at one, as in how many people they had, pooling their resources, and everything else. Steve admitted that it was a good idea, because with Pinkie's protective wall they could definitely protect more people and save more animals for later, though as soon as that idea came to him he realized what else they needed to do. While Pinkie worked on securing the mine, with all of her rapid building, he, Alex, and Octavia headed out once more, as they needed to find the house and gather the couple of animals they had seen during their travels, though before they left she made sure to hand them her atlas. It wasn't an item she needed right now, not when she was securing the area that their domain was in, making better roads, and even adding more lights to ensure no monsters appeared from the darkness, which caused Octavia to nod as she collected it so they could leave Pinkie to her work.

Based on what Octavia found it didn't take them long to figure out where the sheep and pigs were resting, even though the walk was quite long, but as they carefully moved them out of the area that the house was in, however, she spotted a group on the other side of the river and had her companions stop.

It was the Illagers, grey skinned individuals who had a variety of clothing, though the common type of them carried what looked like crossbows, another type had iron axes as their weapon, and some didn't have weapons, meaning that those ones had to use magic. Based on the number of them it looked like they were either scouting the area or were on their way to a village to raid it, causing her to remember the village that she and the others had been to and noticed that the group of Illagers were heading in that direction. In addition to all of that she found two imposing figures, one being a large four legged creature who had horns on his head and seemed to be a mount, a powerful Ravager, while the second was an Illager who had an ominous banner on his back, who she guessed was the commander, since the others took their orders from him. Octavia and the others ducked as the commander glanced in their direction for a moment, either hearing the sheep or sensing that someone was watching him, before he and his force continued towards the abandoned village, but they waited for a few more moments before heading back to their base, grabbing the animals and carrying them so they didn't have to wait for them to move.

Octavia had a feeling that the Illagers might be annoyed once they realized that the village had been salvaged, meaning they had to make sure their walls were ready in case their village came under attack in the near future, and make sure the Villagers had a place to retreat to in case the walls were breached, though she hoped they would ignore them and allow them to continue with their lives without being attacked, but she knew time would tell if she was right or wrong.