• Published 29th Oct 2021
  • 299 Views, 3 Comments

Nothin' but Button - TheGandyMan



Some stories about Stereo Mic, Button Mash, and Sweetie Belle as they deal with college.

  • ...
 3
 299

Chapter 5: Gettin' Buggy

"Would you eat a bug?"

Mic lifted his head and turned to look at Button, who was currently lounging on his pizza couch. Mic, who had been diligently working on his assignments, gave Button a flabbergasted look.

"...you wanna run that one by me again?"

"Would you eat a bug?" Button asked a second time, craning his neck a bit so he could look at Mic who still seemed a bit shocked by the question.

"What in Tirek's white beard kind of a question is that?"

Button sat up on the couch and looked at Mic, "No no. I'm serious. Let's say you were in the middle of the desert, right?"

"Why would I be in a desert?"

"Because your Latmarian Uncle died and you're inheriting his goods."

"But Latmaria isn't a desert, and even if it was, couldn't I just hire a carriage to take me there?"

Button waved a hoof dismissively, "Carriage crashed. Drivers dead."

"Okay morbid, but go on." Mic added flatly.

"So, you're in the desert. You have less than a weeks worth of water, but you have no food. The nearest residence is a week and a half away as the crow flies." Mic decided not to point out that the stallion could have just said pegasus, "You stumble across an anthill. Would you eat the ants for sustenance?"

Mic grimaced a bit at the thought, "Well, that would depend, are there any cacti nearby?"

...silence.

"Button?"

"What is a cacti?"

Mic looked at Button with disbelief, "Cacti, Button." Button shrugged and shook his head blankly, "Cactus?" Another shake, "Cactoid? Peyonte?! Prickly Pear!?!" Button shrugged again. With a groan of frustration, Mic took a piece of paper and drew a small poorly made cactus and handed it to Button who looked at and suddenly recognition flashed across his face.

"Oh, an opuntia. Okay yeah, there's a few of those nearby. Why do you ask?"

Mic sighed in defeat and moved on, "Well if one of those is nearby, there are many safe ways to both get milk and food from a cactus."

"Ahh, so no ant eating then?"

"No ant eating." Mic proceeded to get back to his work. He had a history assignment he had to get done before he could go back to his room, which was finally cleaned now, although it had taken a month to do so. There was a music artist he wanted to listen to, some Gryphon from-

"Would you eat a pony?"

"Button, what the bu-"

Author's Note:

Button is weird sometimes. ALSO ANNOUNCEMENT TIME!
I will be rewriting the first three chapters. This story isn't really supposed to have an over-arking storyline. It's just supposed to be a collection of stories and I feel like I tried turning it into an adventure when it's not supposed to be. So I'll be making some changes to the beginning.

Twitter Account
Discord Server
Youtube Channel