• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 639 Views, 24 Comments

Ponies Don't Wear Shorts - kits



A collection of short stories, drabbles, and scenes

  • ...
1
 24
 639

Memes [Rainbow Dash -- Thumbs Edition][Twilight Sparkle -- Hooves Edition]

The portal was always disorientating. Especially when taking it at speed, and Rainbow Dash seldom went through at anything less than her fastest sprint. She’d long ago mastered the transition from running on two legs to running on all four, even if a true canter and gallop still felt weird. But today, in her excitement, she paid even less heed. And so, just as she drew in a breath to announce her arrival, she tripped over the frame of the ornate mirror that framed the portal on the Equestrian side.

She yelped as she hit the floor. It didn’t hurt as much as it should. Something about being a pony made falling easier. Rainbow blamed Pinkie for that. Somehow, she just knew it was her fault. She let out a yelp as the tennis ball she had been holding in her mouth—unexpectedly. It had been in her hand when she entered the portal—popped free.

“Rainbow Dash?!” A flurry of purple feathers and magenta magic engulfed her. “Are you okay?” Twilight Sparkle, princess of Equestria and girl— marefriend to the self proclaimed queen of awesome, swooped her into a hug that was part affection and part a desire to check her over for injuries.

Pushing awkwardly at a wing stuck in her mouth, only to realize it was her own, Dash said, “I’m fine, twilight.” It took a few moments to reassure her girlfriend that she was actually fine, but Twilight tended to fret and panic at everything, so Rainbow didn’t push too hard at the small ones. Eventually she calmed the princess down.

“I came for a super important reason!” said Dash as Twilight finally settled down. “Where’d that tennis ball go?”

“Is that the green ball you had?” Twilight levitated the object over to Dash. “What’s it for?”

“Memes!” shouted Rainbow as she jammed it on the tip of Twilight's horn. A mechanical whirl and a click later, and Dash was happily giving Twilight a peck on the check and an apology that she had to go but would be back later. Leaving Twilight with one undeniable truth and a smile.

Human were crazy.