• Published 20th Oct 2021
  • 633 Views, 24 Comments

Ponies Don't Wear Shorts - kits



A collection of short stories, drabbles, and scenes

  • ...
1
 24
 633

Thumbs vs Autocorrect [Sunset][Rainbow Dash]

"Holy crap, Sunset!" Rainbow threw her hands up in disbelief. "How can you not know how smoking hot you are?!"

"Indeed, Darling." Rarity gently pushed Rainbow's arms back to her sides. "Between your complexion, hair, fitness, and your... endowment, you are quite beautiful."

Sunset Shimmer placed her calculus textbook back into her locker and gave her friends a sidelong glance as she slammed the door home. "My what?"

Rainbow Dash jumped forward and poked a finger at Sunset's sternum. "She means your amazing tits! Ow!"

"Oh my." Fluttershy pulled her backpack around in front and ducked behind it, as if she could hide from scene in front of her.

Rarity's forehead was wrinkled and one of her eye lids twitched. "Yes, thank you, Rainbow Dash," she said, through gritted teeth. Removing her fist from Rainbow's side, she allowing the other girl to slump against the lockers and Fluttershy. She smoothed her skirt and was back to beaming at Sunset, as if the whole incident had never happened. "What Rainbow Dash was trying to say, Darling is that, well... you're simply ravishing."

The bell rang, sending them scrambling for their next class.

Sunset thought about what her friends had said. She thought about it as she ran to class, she thought about it during her history test, she thought about is as she compared half-remembered answers with her classmates, and she thought about it as she made her farewells. She thought about it right up until she ran into the girls in the parking lot.

"Then why hasn't anyone asked me out?" Perhaps she could have lent some context to that question, but Rarity seemed to pick up on it after only four and half awkward seconds, but it was Rainbow Dash that answered first.

"Pfft." She waved Sunset's question away like a particularly unannoying gnat. "You're like, out of the league of ninety-nine percent of the boys here."

"Um," Fluttershy mumbled something too quiet to make out. When Rainbow prodded her she repeated, slightly louder. "You can also be a little... intimidating?" She shrunk behind her backpack, once again hugged to her chest like a pillow.

"Hrm, yes." Rarity brought a hand to her chin as she evaluated Sunset with a critical eye. "I supposed saving the whole school from those sirens and then your little display at the Friendship Games could make you somewhat hard to approach. Most boys don't relish the thought of being so thoroughly overawed by their girlfriends."

Pinkie joined them and they switched to other topics.

Sunset thought about those words too. She thought about it on her walk home. She thought about it as she cooked and ate dinner. She thought about it instead of her chemistry homework. And she thought about it as she opened her messages app.

         What about the girls?

It would be a while before she received a response, but with any luck, she'd get one before tomo-

Sunset's phone buzzed with the quick staccato rhythm Twilight had helped her pick out for Rainbow Dash. As she reached to pick up up, it buzzed again. And then again.

OMG RU GUY?
Bicycle
DUCKING PHONE
Do u like girls to?             

                   Uh. Yeah?

Yes!                        

                          ?

AJ owes me 5 $ :3
Also, you have to go to the dance
with me
I mean
if you wanna
like
fuck                      

Sunset's phone rang. She nearly jumped. Sunset's phone never rang. None of her friends ever used their phones to talk to each other. She lifted the ringing device gently. Unsure of exactly how to do this, she pressed the green button that had a silhouette of some sort of squared off banana. "Hello?"

"Oh my god, Sunset!" Rainbow's words tripped over each other. "You have to go out with me!"

"What?" Sunset was shocked. More so by the clarity of Dash's voice then the question itself. "You mean like a date?"

"Yes!" Rainbow giggled. She giggled. "Yes a date. I'm asking you and your amazing rack out on a date!"

Author's Note:

Originally posted as a blog post