• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 3,315 Views, 131 Comments

Generational Talk Show - qiley



Generation 4 meets Generation 5, and they talk about all kinds of things.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,315

Crushes and Love Lives Part 3: Fluttershy and Izzy

“I think that’s everypony,” Twilight said as Pinkie Pie bounced towards her seat.

“So who’s the next victim,” Zipp smirked.

“Please don’t be me, please don’t be me,” Fluttershy whispered to herself. This, however, caught the attention of a certain rainbow pegasus.

“Guess Fluttershy is next then,” Rainbow said nonchalantly.

“Eep!” The shy pegasus hid behind her forehooves. “Why me?”

“It’s like when a teacher calls out that student that obviously doesn’t want to do it,” Twilight shrugged. “Not that it has ever happened to me.”

“Egghead,” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Do I really have to? Can’t I just sit out?” Fluttershy smiled awkwardly, trying to get herself out of this horrible situation.

“C’mon Fluttershy!” Rainbow urged her on. “It’s not like it will be as bad as Twilight’s. Unless, you know, you want to talk about that kind of stuff.” Rainbow finished with a shrug.

“Everything will be fine darling,” Rarity encouraged the yellow pegasus. “Just think of it like one of our spa days.”

“F-Fine…” Fluttershy hesitantly agreed.

“Yay!” Pinkie cheered.

“So where are you starting from? Fillyhood? Adolescence?” Sunny bombarded the poor pony with questions.

“I guess I can talk about that…'' Fluttershy mumbled to herself. She just wanted to be done as soon as possible.

“What was that sugarcube?” Applejack looked at her friend cautiously.

“Nothing,” Fluttershy flushed. “Is it fine if I just tell a story?”

“That’s perfectly fine,” Twilight nodded.

“Taking the Twilight route I see,” Hitch chuckled.

“It’s the safest option,” Zipp said. “And probably the best one at that.”

“I love stories!” Izzy clapped her forehooves together.

“Alright everypony” Applejack said, all the other ponies quieting down. “Let Fluttershy talk.”

“Ahem,” Fluttershy cleared her throat (quietly). Looking at everypony around her, she hesitated a bit. “So a few years after I got my cutie mark, I decided to come down and stay in Ponyville. It just felt like I was at home when I was on the ground.”

“That makes sense,” Twilight said. “Ponies always want to be in a place where they are most comfortable.”

“Eeyup,” Applejack nodded.

“But the problem was that I didn’t really have a place to stay,” Fluttershy smiled sheepishly.

“Didn’t you go down during winter too?” Rainbow rubbed her chin. “If I remember correctly it was an oddly snowy one too.”

“Unfortunately I did decide to move down during the winter when a lot of the animals were hibirtaniting,” Fluttershy sulked.

“No place to stay and during a harsh winter?” Rarity gasped. “Darling, that must have been awful!”

“It wasn’t so bad. I slept in a cave for the first couple days next to Harry,” Fluttershy giggled at the memory. “He’s such a deep sleeper.”

“But how about food, baths, and other things?” Rarity egged on.

“I would still go into town and buy food and supplies, but bathing wasn’t really a priority at the time,” Fluttershy said. This caused Rarity to gasp.

“No bathing?!” Rarity said, falling onto a couch she moved into the room.

“Rarity, what did I say about moving around the furniture?” Twilight cocked an eyebrow.

“Ah, sorry darling,” the alabaster unicorn awkwardly laughed, moving the couch back into the adjacent room. “But no bathing? I could not imagine how awful it must’ve been.”

“I didn’t mind it too much,” Fluttershy said, tapping her chin. “Although it was a little uncomfortable.”

“So when does love come into this?” Izzy tilted her head.

“Well it happened a week or two after I arrived,” Fluttershy started to explain. “I was running low on bits and food. I was feeling a little hungry and went into town to buy something cheap. That’s when I spotted your brother running the stand, Applejack.”

“I think I know where this is going,” Rainbow smirked.

“I think I do too,” Applejack dryly chuckled, causing Fluttershy to flush a bit. “It’s alright sugarcube, go on.”

After a bit of silence, Fluttershy continued on. “As I approached the stand, my hunger finally caught up to me,” Fluttershy blushed. “Then my stomach rumbled right in front of Big Mac.”

“Oh dear,” Pipp said.

“That must’ve been awkward,” Hitch chuckled.

“It was so horrifying I froze on the spot.” Fluttershy frowned.

“I sure hope he didn’t say nothin’ embarrassing to you afterwards,” Applejack huffed. “If he did he’ll be gettin’ an earful from me later.”

“Oh no he was very kind. He didn’t even laugh,” Fluttershy explained. “He offered me a couple apples and when I went to pull out my bits he just shook his head.”

“We all know Big Mac is a real gentlecolt,” Rarity nodded.

“Still not really seeing where love comes into this,” Hitch said, a little dense.

“Oh Hitch, what are we going to do with you,” Sunny chuckled, shaking her head.

“I wouldn’t say it was really love, It was more of a teensy crush at the time.” Fluttershy giggled a bit.“But I’m over it now. Sugar Belle and him make an adorable couple.” Flushing a bit, Fluttershy quickly added.

“Ohhhh I see,” Hitch nodded, finally understanding what happened.

“I’ve never heard about this before,” Rainbow said, looking at Fluttershy.

“No one has,” Fluttershy smiled. “I like to keep my love life private.”

“And there’s nothing wrong with that,” Twilight nodded. “There’s no need to go around flaunting it around if you’re not comfortable with that.”

“Uh huh!” Pinkie chirped.

“So true,” Pipp nodded

“Is that all Fluttershy? Nothing else to add on?” Rainbow asked.

“Nothing at all.” Fluttershy replied, shaking her head. “It was just the most relevant story that came to mind.”

“I take it your love life isn’t the most exciting,” Sunny said. “No offense.”

“None taken,” Fluttershy smiled at the orange alicorn. “I like things the way they are, calm and slow.”

“That’s oddly adorable,” Zipp commented.

“Taking things slow is probably the best,” Twilight concluded.

“Heh, like you could say anything about taking it slow,” Rainbow snickered.

“IT WAS ONE TIME!” Twilight huffed, slouching in her chair while crossing her hooves.

“And ain’t nothing wrong with experiencing it at least once,” Applejack comforted Twilight.

“So now that we’re done with Fluttershy’s story, who’s next?” Rarity said, looking around the room. Silence filled the room as the ponies looked at one another.

“I guess I’ll go next!” Izzy chirped. “All this love talk is exciting.”

“I’m glad someone volunteered,” Rarity wore a gleeful smile. “Next one is getting picked though!” She sang.

“When in tarnation did that become a thing?” Applejack cocked an eyebrow.

“Just now,” Rarity smirked. “Any objections?” A silence filled the room again. “I’ll take that as no.”

“Guess you’re up Izzy,” Sunny nodded to the unicorn.

“Don’t get too excited now,” Izzy started. “Remember how I said my town was boring? Well, the dating scene was just as boring. I’m talking as dull as rocks!”

Pinkie gasped, horrified. “Don’t let my sisters hear you say that,” Pinkie whispered to Izzy.

“Okay!” Izzy nodded without question.

“So I’m guessing your love life is pretty boring too,” Rainbow concluded.

“Yup! The only stallion that I would consider hooking up with as of now is,” Izzy pointed at the only stallion in the room. “Hitch!”

It took a bit for Hitch to process what his unicorn friend just said. Sitting there with a blank stare, it finally clicked. “Wait, what?!”

“Hooking up sounds a bit too casual, darling,” Rarity coughed, taking a sip of tea.

“We do it all the time in Bridlewood!” Izzy chirped.

“By hook up you mean…” Twilight eyed the unicorn cautiously.

“Pfft you know, sex!” Izzy chirped, causing Rarity to spit out her tea all over Applejack’s face. Twilight's eyes went wide while Fluttershy sunk into her chair. Rainbow and Pinkie sat there, mouths agape, while the New Generation just looked in shock at their friend.

“Thanks Rarity,” Applejack huffed.

“I’m sorry Applejack,” Rarity apologized to the farmer, “but did you just hear what I just heard?”

“Eeyup,” Applejack nodded, wiping her face.

“You're joking, right?” Pipp asked.

“Please say you’re joking,” Zipp added on.

“Nope!” Izzy said cheerfully.

“Oh dear…” Fluttershy said.

“You know what,” Hitch said, awkwardly laughing. “You learn something new everyday.”

“This is something I could’ve gone without knowing though,” Pipp said bluntly.

“Same here,” Sunny sighed.

“What’s the big deal everypony?” Izzy tilted her head. “Don’t you all have a roll in the mud every once in a while too?”

“To put it as politely as possible,” Rainbow inhaled deeply. “BUCK NO!”

“No need to get so aggressive Dashie,” Pinkie shook her head in disappointment.

“Sorry,” Rainbow grumbled.

“What’s so wrong with it though?” Izzy said, obviously oblivious.

“Well let’s just say that most ponies regard sex as something private and intimate,” Twilight explained. “Doing it casually seems almost taboo, even if it’s a somewhat common practice nowadays.”

“Not common among us it seems,”Applejack chuckled.

“As it seems,” Twilight nodded. “But Izzy, don’t feel that you need to do what we do to be friends. Differences between friends is what makes those bonds strong.”

“Hey... that sounds familiar,” Pinkie rubbed her chin.

“Probably a lesson one of us learned,” Rainbow waved her hoof in the air.

“That was the first lesson Starlight learned,” Twilight smiled.

“Sounds like it,” Rainbow laughed.

“You guys had friendship lessons?” Zipp tilted her head.

“We used to write them down all the lessons we learned about friendship in a journal that we all kept together. There was this one time we even made it into a book,” Twilight said, sighing. “That didn’t go too well.”

“Why’s that?” Sunny asked.

“Let's just say that some ponies went a little overboard with their reactions to the stories,” Twilight smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. “They still sell some copies in bookstores, they’re just not as popular anymore.”

“Interesting…” Hitch nodded.

“So we’re just going to move on from what Izzy said?” Rarity asked out of the blue.

“I didn’t really see a need for her to elaborate anymore,” Twilight shrugged.

“To be honest I’d rather just kind of move on from it as well,” Fluttershy smiled. The rest of the ponies (sans Rarity) nodded in unison. It had been an awfully awkward talk.

“I think that we should just wrap up today,” Twilight suggested.

“Seriously?” Rarity’s face deadpanned. “We’re seriously going to end it there?”

“Eeyup.”

Author's Note:

Hey look at that, another update! Sorry for the delay again. I've been trying to write 200 words everyday as it feels more manageable, and it's been working! Expect a new chapter every week or two. Now who's up next on the chopping block?