• Published 9th Oct 2021
  • 3,314 Views, 131 Comments

Generational Talk Show - qiley



Generation 4 meets Generation 5, and they talk about all kinds of things.

  • ...
9
 131
 3,314

Generational Differences Part 2: Villains! Villains! Villains!

After the ponies enjoyed their meals, they piled back into the castle's throne room. Getting comfortable, the ponies opened up with discussion again.

“So what kind of villains did you come across in your adventure?” Rainbow’s eyes glistened, staring intently at the New Generation. “Was it a terrible monster with fangs and wings and-”

“Nope, it was nothing like that!” Izzy shone her signature smile.

“Wha- Huh?” Rainbow was baffled! “So you’re telling me you guys didn’t fight some terrible villain to reunite all of ponykind?”

“Not really!” Izzy sang.

“Well then what did you guys have to do then?” Rainbow raised an eyebrow.

“Well we travelled to each tribe’s town and gathered the crystals,” Sunny explained, “simple as that!”

“Did you come across any hardships or feel like giving up?” Twilight inquired.

“Well there was this moment where I almost gave up,” Sunny rubbed her chin. “After combining the pegasus and unicorn crystal, nothing happened, and after seeing a foal be so disappointed in the magic not returning I lost hope. I even packed up all of your figurines!” Sunny looked over at the Mane 6.

“There's figurines of us?” Rarity giggled.

“Indeed there are, my dad gave them to me,” Sunny smiled solemnly. “But after I cleared a lot of my childhood belongings and drawings, I saw some sort of mechanism in my table. Then I figured out there were three crystals, to represent the three tribes.”

“What a nice story,” Fluttershy said, smiling at Sunny.

“Then the crystals didn’t work, even when we put them together in the mechanism,” Sunny sighed.

“Oh my…” Fluttershy smile faltered, “what happened after?”

Sunny smiled. “That’s when I realized that it wasn’t the crystals that were meant to be together, it was the ponies. Then I became an alicorn!”

“So what I’m hearing is that you didn’t really have anyone terrorizing you?” Rainbow was resting her head on one hoof.

“Well there was Sprout,” Hitch mentioned.

“Who’s Sprout?” Pinkie tilted her head.

“He’s a friend of Hitch and I,” Sunny waved her hoof in the air, “he’s the deputy.”

“And he may or may not have almost started a war and destroyed Sunny’s house…” Hitch mumbled.

“Run that by me again darling,” Rarity said, cocking her eyebrow.

“Sprout kind of sort of went on a power-trip after I left him in charge of Maretime Bay to go after Sunny and built a giant robot to fight the other tribes, ” Hitch shrugged.

“Uh huh…” The Mane 6 looked at him funnily.

“I’m sure Sprout regretted doing so as long as he learned his lesson. He’s a good guy for sure, just a bit odd,” Sunny said.

“He was a little crazy,” Izzy giggled.

“Just a bit,” Zipp smirked.

“So that’s your whole journey? No monster? No evil beings? No explosions?” Rainbow egged on.

“Nope, none at all,” Sunny shook her head.

“I’m sure there’ll be danger in the future,” Twilight said, caution in her voice. “Since magic returned, there are bound to be those who abuse it. Who knows what creature or even pony is lurking in the shadows. You should all stay vigilant.”

“Roger that Princess!” Izzy saluted playfully, causing Twilight to giggle.

“Your adventure sounded kind of lame,” Rainbow slouched in her chair.

“Rainbow!” Applejack said, glaring at her.

“C’mon you gotta admit that we’ve had some exciting adventures that theirs couldn’t even compare to!” Rainbow defended herself.

“Not everything needs to be action packed darling,” Rarity said.

“Rarity is right, Rainbow,” Twilight said, going into lecture mode, “although their journey may not have been the most exciting, the result is comparable to what we’ve done. They reunited the pony tribes and showed them the power of friendship.”

“Yeah, yeah I get it,” Rainbow crossed her arms.

“Don’t mind her,” Twilight turned attention back to the New Generation, “she’s an action fiend.” Twilight finished with a smile.

“We don’t really mind,” Sunny shrugged, the others agreeing. Their journey was good enough for them. Not only did they reunite the tribes, they also made some good friends along the way. That’s more than a pony could ask for.

“How many villains have you guys fought?” Zipp asked. She remembers Sunny mentioning some villains before they came here but she didn’t really explain.

“There were a bunch!” Pinkie chirped, laying upside down on her chair.

“Yes there were,” Twilight nodded at the party mare, “first off there was Nightmare Moon. Nightmare Moon is the corrupted form of Princess Luna, who was consumed by her jealousy,” Twilight explained. “But using the Elements of Harmony, we were able to return Luna back to her original form!”

“That was a while ago,” Fluttershy mentioned.

“Indeed it was,” Rarity smiled, “it was also the first time we all came together.”

“Ah shucks, ain’t that a memory,” Applejack reminisced. The Elements smiled at one another, remembering that fateful night. It felt like it was just yesterday.

“Using the Elements of Harmony?” Izzy looked confused, “But aren’t you guys the Elements?”

“Maybe we should’ve explained that a little better,” Twilight wore a sheepish smile. “To simply put it, we are the embodiment of what the Elements represent,” Twilight nodded at each of her friends while listing off their attributes, “loyalty, generosity, kindness, honesty, laughter,” then placed a hoof on her chest, “and me being magic. Basically, the Elements of Harmony are artifacts that represent each of those attributes. We are called the ‘Elements of Harmony’ because we possess that specific trait.”

“Wow…” Izzy’s eyes were glowing, “That. Is. AWESOME!”

“I know we are,” Rainbow pulled her sunglasses down.

“So how did you figure out you represented those attributes?” Zipp asked.

“While we were chasing Nightmare Moon into the Everfree forest we encountered all kinds of challenges that showcased the attributes,” Twilight explained, “but then when we tried to use the Elements of Harmony against Nightmare Moon, it didn’t work. That’s when I realized that my friends, who do mind I just met that day, were the answer.” With a prideful and joyful look in her eyes, she scanned her five friends. “That’s when I learned that friendship really is magic.”

“What a wonderful story!” Sunny clapped, the others following in suit.

“And this is just one of the villains you’ve defeated?!” Pipp’s eyes were wide. The Mane 6 nodded.

“Can you tell us more stories please!” Izzy pleaded with the Mane 6.

“Uh okay!” Twilight was a bit thrown off but was not unwilling to do so. “You guys already heard of Chrysalis, so I guess Discord is next.”

With a sudden poof, the draconequus appeared next to Twilight. “You called, Princess?” He greeted her while bowing.

“Why am I not surprised,” Twilight rolled her eyes, a slight grin on her face.

Discord looked over at the Mane 6“Hello there friends,” then turned his attention to the five new ponies, “hello there ponies I’ve never met before.”

“Hi there! You look a little funny,” Izzy commented.

“So this is Discord?” Hitch examined the draconequus. “Didn’t you say he’s a villain? Doesn’t that mean he’s evil?”

“Me? Evil?” Discord placed a paw on his chest, ”Now who would say such a thing about me. I’m an angel!” With a snap of his fingers, a halo hovered above his head.

“Woah… how’d you do that?” Sunny blinked rapidly, assuring herself the halo was there.

“With magic of course my dear… alicorn?” Discord’s face morphed with confusion. Teleporting next to Sunny, he examined the new alicorn. “I could’ve sworn there were only five alicorns.”

“Well there are only five alicorns,” Twilight answered, Discord still looking confused, “In this generation, at least,” she added.

“So you’re telling me these five are from the future?” Discord asked with a raised eyebrow.

“Yup!” Pinkie chirped.

“Wow, that’s new,” Discord shook his head.

“Anyways, this is Discord if you couldn’t tell already,” Twilight introduced the draconequus.

“The one and only,” Discord smuggly smiled.

“So I’m guessing he isn’t evil?” Hitch circled back to his question.

“Indeed I am not. Who told you such lies,” Discord hissed.

“Sorry Dissy!” Pinkie apologized energetically, “We were just talking about all the villains we've encountered!”

“If that is the case I guess I could overlook it,” Discord stroked a beard that was magically placed on his face.

“So what did Discord do?” Zipp inquired, “He doesn’t seem that bad.”

“Oh dear if you saw what he did before his reformation, you wouldn’t be saying that” Rarity shuddered.

“It wasn’t that bad right?” Discord looked at the Mane 6, seeing their disapproving frowns, “Okay fine I was a little unbearable before. Just a little though.”

“A ‘little’ might be an understatement, Discord,” Twilight rolled her eyes.

“Fluttershy this can’t be true, right?” Discord used his puppy eyes.

“I’m sorry Discord, but what you did before your reformation was mean,” Fluttershy shut him down, “but just know that you’re all our friend now and we forgave you a long time ago,” she finished with a smile.

“Okay fine!” Discord threw his hands in the air, slouching in a jair he popped into reality.

“Back to your question Zipp,” Twilight turned attention back to the pegasus, “Discord basically created chaos with his magic. He is the spirit of chaos and disharmony after all,” Twilight motioned at the draconequus. “His magic was so powerful he once ruled all of Equestria, bringing it into a state of unrest and unhappiness.”

“I’ll have you know that I was having a great time though,” Discord interrupted quickly.

“Don’t mind him,” Twilight nudged him, “but going on, he was eventually defeated by Celestia and Luna and was turned into stone for a thousand years. Eventually he broke out and caused chaos again, but we stopped him with the Elements of Harmony,” Twilight looked over at Discord. “Eventually he came around tough, after a lot of convincing,” she finished with a genuine smile.

“Why thank you, purple pony princess Twilight,” he returned with a smug grin.

“Purple pony princess? What?” Twilight cocked her eyebrow.

“Just having fun my dear princess,” Discord winked, earning him an eye roll.

“So you were evil, now you’re not?” Sunny summarized.

“Exactamundo!” Discord pulled out a giant green check mark. “You are correct!”

“That’s cool!” Izzy clapped her hooves. “What can you do with your chaos magic thingy?”

“I can do lots, things such as this,” he summoned a cotton candy cloud that was, obviously, raining chocolate milk, “and I can do this,” he then turned Twilight into a sentient book,” and things like this,” he finished it off by filling the room with popcorn.

“Discord!” The draconequus heard Twilight’s muffled, angry yell.

“Whoops, sorry!” The mischievous draconequus snickered, snapping everything back out of existence.

“That was whacky!” Izzy said, tilting her head. “What even happened?”

“I don’t know,” Discord acted oblivious, “maybe somepony abused their magic.” He eyed Twilight.

“Whatever you say Discord,” Twilight rolled her eyes. “Anyways, that’s a gist of what Discord can do.”

“Just the tip of the iceberg my dear,” Discord said, summoning a tiny iceberg into his palm.

“I’m guessing he’s really powerful?” Sunny gulped.

“Indeed he is, but he isn’t so bad once you get to know him,” Twilight shrugged.

“Why thank you!” Discord smirked.

“Well that’s about all you really need to know about Discord,” Twilight looked over at him, “you can leave now if you want to.”

“As reluctant as I am to leave my dear friends, I have some errands to run,” Discord said. Snapping, he summoned papers with legs that ran around. “Too-da-loo!” Discord called out before disappearing with another snap.

“Well that was weird,” Zipp commented.

“He’s an interesting character,” Pipp said.

Izzy smiled. “I like him!”

“Me too!” Pinkie joined in.

“Pinkie, you’ve known Discord for a while,” Twilight mentioned.

“Still doesn’t mean I can’t like him,” Pinkie retorted playfully.

“Uh huh…” Twilight nodded slowly.

“Anyways,” Sunny interrupted, “Are there any other villains you’ve reformed?”

“Well there’s Starlight and Fizzlepop,” Twilight pondered, “who are both ponies.”

Sunny gasped. “Wait, there were ponies that were villains?”

“They were just a little misunderstood,” Fluttershy chimed in.

“Indeed they were Fluttershy,” Twilight nodded to the pegasus then turned her attention back to the New Generation. “Starting off with Starlight, she’s a powerful unicorn who tried to make everypony to be the same..”

“But wouldn’t everyone being the same be a good thing?” A confused Hitch asked.

“Yes everypony should be equal, but not the same. Everypony should have their own special talent that they thrive in,” Twilight smiled.

“So how’d you defeat her?” Izzy sure was invested into the villains.

“I didn’t,” Twilight simply said.

“What do you mean you didn't?” Sunny tilted her head.

“I mean what I said, I couldn’t defeat Starlight. I mentioned she was powerful, powerful enough to force a stalemate between me and her,” Twilight frowned at the memory. Those alternate futures sure were grim.

Sunny was in disbelief. A unicorn as strong as an alicorn? “So what did you do then? Did you just let her go?”

“I talked to her, trying to figure out why she wanted everypony to be the same. That’s when she told me that those differences only tore her friendship apart,” Twilight sighed. “Knowing I wouldn’t be able to win through force, I decided to just talk to her. I comforted her, telling her that friendship can be difficult, but you’ll always be able to work through those difficulties. Essentially, I told her how important friendships were, and somehow I got to her.” Twilight smiled at that memory.

“Wow…” an awed Sunny just sat there.

“I guess that shows how awesome friendship is!” Izzy beamed.

“So what happened to her after that?” Zipp asked, wanting a conclusion.

“She became my student and we all taught her the power of friendship,” Twilight answered cheerfully. “She’s in this castle if you want to meet her.”

“She is?!” Sunny smiled at the opportunity.

“Yup, let me go get her” Twilight said with a flash of light, she poofed away. After just a few minutes, Twilight appeared back in her seat next to a lilac unicorn. “Here’s Starlight!”

“Hi everypony!” She waved with an awkward smile.

“Hello there!” Izzy waved frantically.

“This is Starlight?” Hitch asked, examining the mare.

“That’s me,” Starlight still wore her smile.

“Oh. My. Gosh!” Sunny gasped, trotting up to Starlight. “It’s such a pleasure to meet you,” Sunny stood next to her.

“Hello there…” Starlight looked at her

“Oh sorry, I’m Sunny,” She smiled sheepishly. “Twilight told us a lot about you!”


“She has now, has she?” Starlight eyed the purple unicorn.

“We were just talking about the villains we’ve come across Starlight,” Twilight confirmed, “and that includes you too.”

“Oh that makes sense,” Starlight nodded. “I was kind of evil, but Twilight showed me the right path to take,” she gave Twilight a thankful smile.

“You know I would have never given up on you Starlight,” she returned the smile, “even if I could’ve beaten you in the battle.”

“Not that would’ve happened,” Starlight said smugly.

“Yeah yeah whatever Starlight,” Twilight rolled her eyes.

After their playful banter, Starlight looked at the clock and jumped a bit. “Anyways, it was nice meeting you and I’d love to talk, but I’ve got a school to run.” With a flash, she disappeared.

“Oh yeah she’s headmare now,” Rainbow said mindlessly.

“Sorry everypony, I forgot to look at her schedule,” Twilight sighed.

“It’s alright Twi,” Applejack assured her, “She can always come talk to them another time.”

“She seemed cool,” Izzy said.

“So who’s this Fizzlepop you mentioned?” Hitch asked, “They have an um... interesting name.”

“Fizzlepop, formerly known as Tempest Shadow, was an ally of the Storm King who we mentioned earlier. After losing her horn in a tragic event, she became resentful of ponies,” Twilight summarized.

“Sounds pretty villinaily to me,” Pipp concluded.

“She was just misunderstood as I mentioned earlier,” Twilight said, “After being betrayed by the Storm King, she decided to help us. She turned a new leaf afterwards.”

“Pretty tame stuff if you ask me,” Rainbow shrugged, “at least compared to some of the other villains.”

“Such as?” Rarity cocked an eyebrow.

“The ones she forgot: Triek, Sombra and Cozyglow. Duh!” Rainbow rolled her eyes.

“Who, who, and who?” Hitch asked.

“They’re the rest of the villains we were going to discuss,” Twilight said. “Guess we’ll start with Sombra. Remember the Crystal Empire you saw on the map?”

“Uh huh,” Izzy nodded.

“Well, Sombra was once the tyrannical ruler of the Crystal Empire. He controlled the crystal ponies with fear,” Twilight explained, “but before he was banished he placed a curse on an artifact called the Crystal Heart.”

“The Crystal Heart? That sounds fabulous!” Pipp commented.

“Indeed it is,” Twilight nodded. “It protects the Crystal Ponies. After Sombra cursed the heart the Crystal Empire would disappear and periodically reappear, with Sombra trying to take over again.”

“That’s one stubborn pony,” Zipp chuckled.

“Indeed he was. I was tasked with protecting the Crystal Empire from Sombra’s return, and so I did, with everypony else of course. Spike and I had to find the Crystal Heart which was hidden in the castle, and by presenting it to the crystal ponies, their love cast Sombra out,” Twilight ended her explanation there, not wanting to go into every detail.

“So with the power of love you defeated Sombra and saved a whole empire?” Sunny asked slowly.

“Yup!” Pinkie grinned goofily.

“Now I really want to go to the Crystal Empire!” Izzy bounced in her chair.

“We’ll take you to see it sometime,” Rainbow waved her hoof.

“Oh thank you, thank you, thank you!” Izzy kept bouncing.

“Don’t forget that I want to go too!” Pipp chirped.

“Okie dokie artichokie!” Pinkie agreed.

Twilight looked at her pink friend funnily, deciding to continue on. “We’re almost done with all the villains, so let’s finish this up,” she said, glancing outside, “it’s getting kind of late.”

“Sounds good,” Sunny yawned.

“Tirek is a centaur who stole ponies magic. Fighting him was a royal pain,” Twilight groaned, “no pun intended. Anyways, I was having an identity crisis as the newest princess of Equestria at this time, so I was a little off my game per se. Tirek wasn’t all that powerful before he sucked up the majority of the ponies’ magic, but the real issue was when he took Discord’s problem.”

“How’d he do that? Isn’t he super powerful?” Sunny tilted her head.

“He tricked Discord and took his magic after gathering all the magic from the ponies of Equestria,” Twilight looked a little grim. “I was given all the Alicorn magic, but that wasn’t even enough to defeat him. It ended up with a stalemate and then I threatened my friends.” The New Generation gasped in shock.

“So how did you defeat him then?!” Hitch asked, concerned in his voice.

“Well, we used the power of friendship and shot with a rainbow lazer of course!” Pinkie grinned.

“That’s what happened. That’s how I got this castle and learned who I was meant to be,” Twilight proudly put a hoof on her chest, “the princess of friendship.”

“A rainbow lazer? We saw something like that when Sunny became an alicorn,” Zipp rubbed her chin, thinking back to that time.”

“Except it was more of a circle that spread across the lands,” Hitch added.

“Wait, a sonic rainboom!?” Rainbow jumped out of her chair, hovering in the air.

“What’s that?” Zipp asked.

“Oh, it’s just the coolest trick that I invented,” Rainbow smugly smirked.

“Wait, you can make that beautiful thing? How?” Pipp was interested.

“Just gotta go really fast and break the sound barrier, that’s all,” Rainbow shrugged.

“Yeah, that sure sounds easy,” Zipp rolled her eyes, “breaking the sound barrier and all.”

“It is,” Rainbow said, noticing all of them looking at her funny, “at least for me.”

“Once again, very modest Rainbow,” Applejack scoffed.

Twilight clapped her hooves together. “Okay girls, let's finish it up.”

“Continue on dear,” Rarity ushered her.

“Last up is Cozy Glow, a filly pegasus who, simply put, tried to destroy all the magic in Equestria,” Twilight briefly explained.

“A filly villain you say? That’s quite odd,” Hitch frowned, “who would’ve thought that a child could have that much malice intent.”

“I don't know. Even after imprisoning her and Tirek in Tartarus, they came back stronger than ever,” Twilight sighed.

“They came back?” Sunny asked, worried.

“Indeed they did. Tirek, Chrysalis, and Cozy Glow banded together to try and defeat us, and they put up quite the battle,” Twilight frowned, “even I almost lost my way at one point. But then my friends showed me the light, and by banding together with all the races whom we taught friendship at the school, we defeated them and entrapped them in stone. The magic of friendship truly is powerful.”

“As you’ve said,” Discord suddenly appeared next to her, “multiple times.”

“Discord?!” Twilight jumped in surprise. “How long have you been here?”

“Long enough to know about how much you babbled about the power of friendship,” Discord grinned, earning him an eye roll from the princess.

“You know it’s true Discord,” Twilight jabbed him with her hoof.

“Yes, yes of course I do Princess Twilight,” Discord mocked.

“Whatever you say,” she replied back.

“You two seem to get along quite well,” Hitch mentioned.

“We do, don’t we?” Discord wrapped his arm around the pony princess, flashing a grin.

“Yup," she said simply as she returned the gesture, "I guess we do." The ponies (and draconequus) laughed together, the noise echoing throughout the room.

The rest of the time was spent bantering with one another and discussing some non-important things. Wrapping up the discussion for the day, each pony went to rest in preparation of their next discussion.

Author's Note:

Okay the ending was a little abrupt, and I don’t know if you noticed but I kind of like the Discolight ship. I’ll subtly hint at ships but I don’t think I’ll outright ship them until later on, or maybe never in this story. It’s not fully canon as I’ve said. Anyways, this was a longer chapter and a lot of explaining, but I really like trying to write how each character would respond. This was a very heavy Twilight chapter as well, but I promise I’ll have one-on-ones or like smaller group discussions. I think I’ll make two to three more parts of the generational differences before I move onto another topic. Hope you enjoyed it and comments/critiques are always welcomed!