• Published 3rd Oct 2021
  • 3,704 Views, 110 Comments

The Quiet Kid - aegishailstorm



A highschooler gets summoned to Equestria and is given the ability to summon any weapon that he wishes.

  • ...
68
 110
 3,704

Of my own accord: part 1

William looked back at Ponyville and smiled.

"This Ought to be fun." He turned an looked up at one of the many mountains surrounding the town and began hiking towards it. upon reaching its peak he looked down on the vast valley that Ponyville was situated. He sat down on an old stump, and manifested a pair of high powered binoculars and looked down into the valley. Currently situated on the mountains eastward facing side, he could see everything, from Twilights library in the center of town, to Applejacks farm, to the everfree forest in the distance. He zoomed in on the town.

"Alright, Now that I have A better Idea of the location I'm defending, I can start planning my offense." As His gaze shifted from side onto side of the town, and his enthusiasm began to fade.

"This town is one of the least defendable positions in the history of... EVER! Think William, Think, How can you turn this into something At least half probable...."He got up from his seat and began to pace back and forth.

"Would that-No... How about- No- Twilight props try to kill me If I tried that, Uh...Got it! Looks like all that sniper training in the woods is about to pay off!" He manifested an M200 Intervention rifle, and peered through its scope. His smile began to twist back into a malicious grin that would have made Sombra go crying for his mother.
"Yes... This will do nicely, now I have much work to do." He pulled out a bowie knife, and stuck it into the ground, before turning and walking back down the mountain. He was greeted by Applejack, still shaken by what she had witnessed William do just hours earlier.

"Hey There Applejack.. Don't mind me, I'm just... Making myself at home." She scowled at him.

"Twilight said she needs to have a talk with you."

"Not now... Listen, I was trying to hide this from your friends- You have to promise not to say anything to them before I go any further- alright?"

"Ok, What is it?"

"Well, There's A Changeling invasion on its way here, and they're after me-"

"Then we'll fight 'em off, just like last time."

"No, You don't understand, They're allied with the griffons and the dragons, and will stop at nothing to get to me."

"Then why do you sound so happy?"

"Well...That's the thing, They can't- Let's just say... I'm more of a danger to them, then them to me."

"Well alright... What are ya going to to about it?"

"Don't worry about it, for now go back to your friends, have fun, and enjoy your lives. I'm going to indulge in a tad bit of my own fun. Per say." Holding up his rifle. Letting out a slightly malicious chuckle as he did.

"Ahh... I See. I'll leave you to it, don't forget your promise." With that she turned and trotted back towards town.

"Great, I got the smartest of them off my trail. Lets get started."

He began walking the perimeter of town, looking for a suitable place to start. on the southern end he came spotted an open patch of grassland, surrounded by trees. He jogged over to it and pushed through the foliage. when he entered out on the other side, He looked around- It felt... Familiar, and then it hit him.

"This is that field from my dream last night! Well, I couldn't think of a better place to try what I'm about to try. I know that I can't summon Vehicles, but what about stationary pieces of artillery?" He Thought about it, and Gave it a try. A bright blue flash Illuminated the field, and a shockwave threw him back serval feet.

"Owwwwww...Note to self, don't try to summon up a whole SAM battery all at once." He got up, and looked back at the smoking pile of rubble that was his experimental SAM, he could hear Hoof beats behind him, and they were getting closer.

"What now!?" He turned, only to have a mint green unicorn run right into him.

"I keep getting knocked to the ground, I really need to work on my coordination. The hell do do what Lyra?" She got back onto all four hooves, and tugged at Williams camouflage fatigues.

"Oh, Sweet Celestia... You're actually real!, I knew you were!" William pushed her away.

"Can you please leave me alone, I'm working on something important over here!"

"You mean this pile of scrap?" She walked over to the destroyed SAM, and picked up a piece of scrap from the emplacement's base.

"Put that down before it blows up in your face."


"You're serious?" William gave her a cold scowl "Yes, I am. Now put it down, gently. "She did, thankful, and William made the pile disappear.

"How did you do that!? I thought humans couldn't use magic?"

"That's classified, Now please leave me alone."

"Alright, Bye!" she waved her hoof, and galloped back off towards town.

"I'm getting to old for this ####" He sighed, and got back to experimenting. He tried summoning a full size SAM again, and when that failed, He Decided to try something a little smaller, a naval minigun. To his satisfaction, It worked perfectly.

"Yes, Yes, YESSS!!!" He loaded up a belt of 7.62 rounds into its feeder, switched off the safety, took aim at a a nearby tree, and pulled down on the trigger. within seconds the tree had been practically torn in half.

"Success! Now that that's out of my system, I need to set something up to stop the big guys." He had just the thing, a NASAMS missile battery. He gave it a try, and sure enough, it worked, he now had a battery of 70 missiles splayed out in front of him on a Katyusha style launch platform.

"Now, To sync them up a remote so I an fire them independently."

Just then, Rainbow dash, nosey as she was came flying over to see what had caused the commotion, She found William, messing around with some of the wires on the launchers.

"What are you doing?"

"well, That's an interesting question... LEAVE ME ALONE, I told Lyra and I'm telling you now, leave."

"I got my eye on you!"

Sure, whatever, now scram before we see if you're faster than a stinger."

"What was that?"

"Oh, nothing, goodbye now." She gave him a scowl and flew off.

"Why can't these things get the message of stop messing with me before you get hurt? "He shrugged and continued working.

Meanwhile high above the Everfree forest...

The Leaders of the Griffon, dragon, and Changeling nations gathered their armies, and flew off towards Ponyville. Albeit, The Griffon emperor had decided to stay back away from the fighting, instead opting to let his 4 generals handle it. Unfortunately, they were not quite the most... how do you put it? Ah yes, Competent.

"So, What Do we do when we get to this 'Ponyville'' When we arrive, The Emperor told up to capture something called a Human, Then what?"

"I say we sack the place!" Shouted one of the dragon commanders.

"Quiet you! Shouted Chrysalis. We are to capture this 'human', nothing more! Is that understood!?"

"Yes ma'am" The swarm of Dragons, Changelings, and griffons continued their approach, Completely oblivious to the hell that awaited them all.

William was just about done setting up his Missile batteries and had begun camouflaging them in with boughs from the destroyed tree. He dusted his hands off. He stuck the target designator into his pocket, and walked back to Ponyville, which he found in a panic.

"Hey, anypony mind telling me what's got you all riled up?!"They continued running around in a panic.

"Ughh... fine, have it you way." He drew an m1911, raised it up to the sky, making sure there were no pegasi above him. And pulled the trigger. They all stopped and turned to look at him.

"Alright, Now, what's got you all in a panic?"

"Rainbow dash spotted a huge swarm of changelings flying over the Everfree forest headed in our direction!" One of them shouted. He turned to look over at Applejack, who gave him a nervous shrug.

"Listen to me all of you, Barricade yourselves inside, go to the lowest level of your house, Cover your ears, and do not under any circumstances look outside, IS that understood!?"The all gave him a collective nod and retreated back into the safety of their homes. He turned back to face the six.

"Listen to me, I need you to go with them, Do not take flight until I give the ok, I'm looking at you Dash."

"This is our town. Since when do you give us orders?" Asked Rainbow dash.

"Since, I showed up. Now go." William turned and took off back towards his missile battery to finish setting up.

"you sure he doesn't need our help?" Asked Twilight.

"Did you see what he did to that changeling? I'd be more concerned about Chrysalis."

Author's Note:

Some music to set the tone
And now we run!- Payday 2