• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 694 Views, 6 Comments

The Return of The Changelings - Thinkerten



The Changelings have returned. But only seen by one observant student.

  • ...
8
 6
 694

Chapter 2

Meanwhile in Canterlot

“Princess Celestia, a letter has arrived for you, it looks like it’s from Stalliongrad.” Said the courier as he rushed into the room. “Well, what are you waiting for? Let me see it.” Replied the princess. She picked up the letter from the courier’s saddlebag and he immediately rushed out to deliver more mail. She opened the letter and began to read. “Oh, that’s right I forgot, Stalliongrad still uses the old Equestrian dialect.” Celestia chuckled. She continued reading, when she stumbled across the description of the creatures she wasted no time with letters. She ran to the window and leaped off of the balcony, spread her magnificent wings and flew straight to Ponyville.

She landed in the middle of the road and in an instant summoned Princess Luna to her side. The two sisters galloped full speed to Twilight’s library. Celestia knocked on the door so hard that the wood began to splinter. Spike answered the door. “Princess Celestia, what are you doing here?!” he asked “And why is Luna here, am I in trouble?” He said to the two allicorns. “Spike, we need to talk to Twilight, it’s of the utmost urgency.” The princess replied. “Please, don’t stand outside come in.” Spike said. The two princesses walked into the house. Twilight put the book she was reading down and rushed down to greet her royal guests. “Yes, Celestia, Luna, what can I do for you?” Twilight asked. “We need you to gather your friends and report to Canterlot hall, we need you to bring the elements of harmony, an old threat is here in Equestria and we need your help and everypony else.” The two princesses walked out of the library and took off back to Canterlot. “Spike, get ready, we have to go get everypony ready for Celestia’s task. I’ll bet it has to do with what happened at Shining Armor’s wedding.” Twilight said. Spike climbed on her back and they rode off down the block to Sugar Cube Corner. The door was wide open so they ran in with no hesitation. “Mr. Cake, where is Pinkie Pie?!” Twilight shouted. “Uh, she should be upstairs.” Before Mr. cake could finish his response Twilight was already half way up the stairs and running into Pinkie’s room. “Pinkie Pie, come on we need to get everypony, Celestia demands it, it’s important.” She said. “Woo, fun, we get to save Equestria again! It’ll be so much fun, let me get my party cannon!” Said the pink pony bouncing all over here room. As Pinkie Pie was wheeling out here party cannon a letter flew from Spike’s maw in a small burst of flame. “Oh, Twilight, you got a letter, open it! Open it!” Exclaimed Pinkie Pie. “I think it’s from the princess” Added Spike. Twilight opened the letter and it read only “Pack warm” The two ponies looked at each other and proceeded to grab two coats from Pinkie’s closet, they stuffed the coats in Twilight’s saddlebag and galloped out the door down to Carousel Boutique.

They arrived, and Twilight knocked loudly on the door. “Who ever is it at this hour?” Rarity said from behind the door. “It us, Pinkie and Twilight.” Said Pinkie with glee. Rarity slipped her head out of the door and asked, “What is it you two need?” Twilight held up the letters from princess Celestia. The door to Carousel Boutique slammed shut, and moments later the door burst open. Before the two stood Rarity, in a bedazzled, fur-hemmed trench coat and a simply magnificent black silk hat, Spike’s jaw dropped. “Let us waste no time retrieving the others, the heat might shrink my coat.” Decreed the white unicorn. They galloped off to Sweet Apple Acres to retrieve the wielder of the element of honesty, Applejack.

Rarity and Twilight galloped off, Pinkie Pie hopping right behind them. The reached the farm, running past Big Macintosh. They found the work pony doing her usual shift of apple bucking. “Well howdy yall, whacha need me for?” She asked after bucking the apples from the tree directly behind her. “Applejack, direly need your help, Equestira is once again in turmoil and we need you so we may wield the elements of harmony and save Equestira once more.” Said Rarity “Aw shucks, it seems like every gol darn week Equestria needs savin from somethin er other. I’ll go get my things” sighed Applejack. “Ooh, ooh, the letter said pack warm!” Pinkie blurted. Applejack went into the barn and returned in her burlap work jacket. “Oh, what a crime against fashion, but since we’re on such short notice, I guess it will have to do.” Rarity scoffed. “All right now we just need the two pegasi and were good to go!” Said Spike. The four of them galloped to Fluttershy’s tree house.

“Fluttershy open up, we need your help, it’s me Twilight” She said, Fluttershy opened the door and Twilight showed her the letter. Fluttershy whistled and three birds brought her coat and placed it on her shoulders. “Thank you friends, all right now, the canary is in charge this time, no arguing” Fluttershy cooed to her animal housemates. “Um what exactly are we doing going to somewhere we have to dress this warmly?” asked Fluttershy. “I don’t know, all the Celestia said was to pack warm and meet Luna by the train station.” Twilight responded. “Well alright then, lets go get Rainbow Dash” Said Spike, still gazing upon Rarity and her fabulous winter wear. The five ponies galloped off to the park where Rainbow Dash could frequently be found sleeping.

The five ran to the park to find the Cyan Pegasus slumbering in a tree. “Rainbow Dash!” Pinkie yelled. “What?” replied Rainbow Dash. “We need you help, the princess wants us to meet Luna at the train station to go and face a threat to Equestira, the letter also said to pack warm, I still don’t know where we’re going yet.” Said Twilight. “Alright, I’ll be back.” Replied Rainbow, the Pegasus took off and was back in a coat in ten seconds flat. “Alright, let’s go meet up with Luna and go see what we have to do.” Rainbow said. The six galloped flew and hopped down to the train station.

Luna awaited them and when the six arrived, she presented them with the box containing the elements of harmony. “Don’t put them on yet, you must wait until we reach our destination.” Luna said. “Uh, no offense yer majesty, but where in the hoof are we goin anyway? That kinda seems like something worth knowin.” Applejack questioned. “We are going to the old Equestrian city of Stalliongrad, where the cry for help originated.” Answered Luna. “I know where that is, I’ve read about it my book on alternate and older casting techniques.” Twilight chipped in. “I even understand a good portion of the old Equestrian dialect that they still speak there.” She added. “That is correct Twilight Sparkle.” Luna said. “Now we must go at once to help the one who sent this call for the elements and a savior. The two earth ponies, two pegasi, two unicorns and allicorn boarded the train and set off for the source of the call for help.

“How long is this trip going to take? sitting here is wrinkling my the train on my trench coat.” Rarity complained. The seven of them sat on the train watching the snow begin to fall as they approached their destination. “Fret not Rarity. For we have almost arrived” Luna replied. They could see the station up ahead, bustling with pony activity. “Hey looks like we’re here!” said Spike eager to get off the train. The train came to a halt at the station and the seven ponies and dragon got off and walked onto the outdoor train platform. “Golly, now I know why ya’ll told me to pack warm, I ain’t used to this here cold.” Applejack said through chattering teeth. “Luna, where are we anyway?” asked Rainbow dash. “We’re in the city of Stalliongrad, one of the oldest cities in Equestria.”