• Published 3rd Apr 2022
  • 1,931 Views, 187 Comments

Demon Slayer: The Strange Demon - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkamena was minding her own business inside Pinkie's mind before she was ripped out of it and thrown into a new world, without any connection to Pinkie, leaving her on her own as she faces demons and a threat to the safety of this new world.

  • ...
4
 187
 1,931

PreviousChapters Next
Interlude: Hashira Council

Following the battle for the Swordsmith Village, which included the total destruction of the village, everyone surviving, and two Upper Moons perishing over the course of the night, Pinkamena made sure that Kecchin and the others were safely transported to one of the copy villages that had been made in the past, to hide their location. Now that it had been found, a fact that had likely been reported to Muzan, everyone had to be moved to a new residence and she assisted them, since it was far safer to travel in her inner world and be deposited when the crow reached the location that had been picked out for them. Of course, thanks to another aspect of her power, no one lost anything and everything the Demons had destroyed had been returned to them in no time, meaning everyone was able to resume their lives as swordsmiths and didn't have to worry about another attack, and even if such a thing happened Pinkamena added a permanent barrier, finding that her power was far stronger after devouring the two Upper Moons. As such she had more influence over the world around her and was able to set up multiple safe locations, so she gave Tecchin a crystal that, in the event of a Demon attack, would teleport the new village into her inner world in an instant, an extra safety feature for them.

The other thing she did was allow her blade to be modified, carrying the character that all Hashira blades had, though as soon as the work was done she returned it to her sash, allowing it to rest with Yoriichi's blade, something she would carry with her at all times, before returning to her duties.

Tanjiro, Genya, and Nezuko were brought back to the Butterfly Mansion, including Muichiro and Mitsuri, as while they had been subjected to Pinkamena's healing abilities, much like Tengen, Shinobu wanted to be sure they were fine before she allowed the pair to be sent out on missions again, causing her to nod her understanding. What she discovered was that the pair slept for two whole days, which made sense when she thought about the Slayer Marks they had unlocked during their fights with the Upper Moon Demons who attacked the Swordsmith Village, before recovering enough to be let out, all while her friend kept sleeping. Genya, on the other hand, seemed to be fine, despite the pieces of Hantengu, Upper Moon Four as Pinkamena discovered from what she gained from the slain Demon, that he had devoured to aid them in beating the Demon, and he also did nothing in regards to her, as he suspected that biting into her would be painful for him, given all of the power she had access to. Nezuko just sat around and helped Aoi with some of the chores, even though she had to be taught everything from the ground up since it was clear that she didn't have access to any of her Human memories, save for those Sakonji gave her some time ago, and while the others were worried for her safety, given that Demons were known to burn in the sun, they found that she was just fine, shocking them in the process.

When Inosuke returned from a mission, as he had a slight injury he had to recover from, he had Nezuko remember his name, something that came out when Zenitsu arrived and really pissed off the boy that had a crush on her, even though Aoi wanted the sleeping swordsman to have a heart attack, or at least lower his voice so they didn't suffer whenever he said something in excitement.

Other than that nothing happened, confirming Muzan did know about Nezuko and that he had to be building his power to claim her for his own ends, so when Muichiro and Mitsuri were discharged the Hashira were summoned to Kagaya's place again, meaning that things really were changing at a rapid pace and they had to be ready for whatever the future held for all of them. Sure enough they happened to be the first ones to arrive, where Amane directed them to where this meeting would be taking place, inside this time around, though Pinkamena had to wonder what sort of condition their leader was in, given what she had seen during the last meeting he had attended. This one would be even more important than all that came before it, as not only were two more Upper Moons slain, which had to enrage their foe to no end since those were hard positions to fill in such a short period of time, but they now had a Demon who could walk in the sun, despite the fact that she had done so a long time ago. That information changed literally everything, as Muzan was likely going to pull all of his forces back to his base and prepare for an assault that would decide the fate of this entire world, because if they won it meant the end of most Demons, and if Muzan won he'd spread his darkness across everything, taking control of the world with nothing to stop him.

Of course she was also a Demon who could walk in the sun, thanks to conquering it back when she first found Muzan, a fact she needed to correct during the meeting, though Pinkamena kept her thoughts to herself as Sanemi and the rest of the Hashira finally arrived, everyone sitting down as they waited for Amane or Kagaya to arrive so they could figure out the next move they needed to make.

"Aagh, I envy you guys, dammit." Sanemi commented, showing that he must have been hoping to run into an Upper Moon Demon at some point in time and had been disappointed to find none of those Demons, though to be fair he likely went in the exact opposite of Daki and Gyutaro, Pinkamena didn't see him heading into a Red Light District to look for a Demon, and the other two seemed good at hiding, "Why can't I bump into any Upper Moons?"

"Its not like people run into them all the time." Obanai remarked, no doubt thinking about what Pinkamena had thought about the Upper Moons, showing her that the others might be on the same page and didn't need to be told useless bits of information, before he glanced at the other two Hashira, starting with Mitsuri, and lingering on her, before checking on Muichiro, "How are the two of you feeling?"

Mitsuri was clearly thinking about something else before informing them that she was feeling better, while Muichiro told them that, while he had healed quite well, he still wasn't at full strength and he would regain his full power in due time, a fact everyone thought about.

"The three of you were admirable, defeating two Upper Moon Demons without any casualties." Gyomei added, because it was a feat that displayed all of their strengths, Pinkamena saving everyone while the two Upper Moons were slain by the two other Hashira that had been in the village and the Slayers that were there as well, plus he was happy to hear that his friends had survived.

Shinobu thought it was odd that they had recovered, to this extent, so quickly and Giyu claimed that it was something that might be discussed, though as everyone else spoke Amane came by and asked Pinkamena for some assistance, causing her to excuse herself for a few moments. Sure enough it was due to Kagaya's condition, which had advanced to the point where he was bedridden and was likely wrecking terrible havoc on his body, though thanks to her power boost she knew that her healing power had to be far stronger than it had been before. As such she went to work and ensured that the rot was pushed back again, restoring him to the point that he could walk and talk without having to rely on others, though, as before, it would only last while he was in the Zone she made for him, though this time, with her enhanced power, the area she could create would cover the entirety of his mansion. The added benefit to that fact was that she could hide him even more, so even if Muzan somehow found the path to this place she could ensure he was totally safe, in the one place their foe couldn't get to, but that was a conversation for when this meeting was over.

Once she was done with her treatment, and ensured them that the Zone existed all over the house section of this area, Pinkamena returned to the other Hashira for a time as she waited for Kagaya to emerge with his wife and two of his kids, as while he might have been healed they were still worried for his health, though it wasn't long before they joined her and the Hashira, meaning it was time for the meeting to start.

"Good morning, everyone, and thank you, Pinkamena, for the timely aid... I'm afraid that, even with your aid, I don't have a lot of time left." Kagaya said, where his wife and kids helped him into the area he would be sitting in, all while the Hashira turned in their seats so they could face the master of the Corps, and soon to be master since his son was attending, so he could learn his duties in case Muzan was still alive after his father fell.

"Understood. I shall pray for your flickering flame to last a bit longer, Oyakata, even for just a day, and I will pray that you stay strong as well, Amane." Gyomei stated, taking a moment to clap his hands together before he said that, as if he was leading all of them in prayer before the meeting really got started, though his words eased the pain Amane and her kids had to be feeling, since they knew it wouldn't be long until Kagaya was no longer of this world.

"Thank you, Gyomei. And thank you, everyone, for your hard work." Kagaya said, showing them that he was pleased with what everyone had done since Pinkamena and her friends had been revealed to the Hashira, especially since he had been kept up to date on everything that had happened over the last couple of months, "I'm sure all of you have heard, but we now have a Demon who has conquered the sun, Nezuko Kamado to be exact, and she is currently residing in the Butterfly Mansion, though I would like to move her at some point. With this discovery, not to mention the loss of two more Upper Moon Demons, Muzan will have most likely altered his plans to go after her so he can absorb her and conquer the sun at long last... the time for the all-out battle is approaching. Also, Mitsuri, Muichiro, we received strange reports about Marks appearing on your bodies during your battles with Upper Moons Four and Five respectively... we would like to ask you two about them and, more importantly, what the conditions are for obtaining them."

"Allow me to explain: during the Sengoku Era there were some swordsmen of the First Breath who were on step away from ending Muzan Kibutsuji... and these Marks resembled demon crests." Amane continued, showing them that she was going to do some of the speaking so her husband didn't overexert himself while they were having this meeting, regardless of the power that Pinkamena wielded, and most of the Hashira were clearly surprised by this information, "We know this bit of knowledge has been passed down throughout the years, so there should be some people who still know of it."

"Sakonji might, given everything I've learned from him." Pinkamena commented, though this time around she found that none of the other Hashira seemed to care that she was present, as in they were fine with a Demon standing with them, in the sense of fighting on their side and not fighting on Muzan's side of the conflict, though she knew that Amane's brief statement about the end of Muzan was connected to Yoriichi.

"Still, this is the first time I've heard about this. Why are we keeping this a secret?" Sanemi asked, which annoyed him just a little bit, since he wasn't used to people withholding information from him or those who worked to save Humans from all of the Demons that were scattered across Japan.

"People were brooding over never getting the Marks, though there's another reason behind why this information turned out this way," Amane replied, where it was clear that she and her kids must have done a lot of research before this point and had wanted to be prepared for the meeting, while Kagaya remained silent as he likely considered something he might say in due time, "and that's because a lot of information about the Marks became hazy over time... or maybe it's because the knowledge was never set in stone properly. Also, you have to remember that there were several instances where our organization was on the brink of extinction, so the succession of that information might have died out and became what scraps we have been unable to recover so far."

"We do have one consistent piece of information about them, and that is that once someone has the Mark, it will spread to others, as if they're resonating." Kagaya added, though Pinkamena knew where he was going with this conversation, as she had already pieced it together on her own and she could see that there was a smile on his face, because he knew she must have figured it out without him saying much, "That is how the swordsmen of the First Breath put it, according to our records... and the first swordsmen of our era to discover the Mark was none other than Tanjiro Kamado."

"However, when we asked him about it we were unable to get any useful information from him, so we dismissed it... until two of the Hashira awakened their own Marks." Amane said, where the silence informed Pinkamena that the Hashira were thinking about the information and what had been reported after what happened in the Swordsmith Village, thanks to the pair of crows that gave missions and news to Muichiro and Mitsuri, "So please, Mist and Love hashira, would you inform us as to what happened?"

In that moment Mitsuri spoke up and described what she had felt in that moment, using words like 'badaam', 'duurr', 'scree', and 'tinkle tankle', something that caused everyone to look at her in disbelief, or neutral in Giyu's case, though at the same time Obanai brought a hand to his face as Pinkamena held back her laughter, which lead to Mitsuri bowing her head as she apologized for her actions.

"To be honest, I wasn't aware of any Marks... but when I look back on my fight, there were a number of things that were different for me." Muichiro said, as he had an idea as to what Kagaya and Amane were looking for, especially since what Mitsuri had said wasn't the key to the Marks that allowed them to overcome or match the Upper Moons, and he could tell that everyone was focused on him, "Allow me to explain what happened: during my battle with Gyokko, as that is what Pinkamena says is Upper Moon Five's name, I was trapped and poisoned, where I used my Breathing Forms in an attempt to slow the poison down, to stop it from circulating in my bloodstream. The actions of a young smith, who I had saved not that long ago, freed me from my prison and, against all odds, helped me awaken my old memories, to the point where I was so angry that I lost control of my emotions... I think my heart rate went above 200 BPM, and my body was burning hot... I believe the girls at the Butterfly Mansion said my body temperature went above 39 degrees."

"There's also the desire to live, based on what I was able to observe." Pinkamena added, because she was sure Muichiro, with the return of his memories and his past, had spurred on his desire to survive and do something important, while the same couldn't be said for Mitsuri, she just wanted to live and punish the evil Demons that served Muzan, which was why she was so sure that the desire to live was a key component to earning a potent Slayer's Mark.

"We should be able to use this information to awaken more of these Marks, a training session that everyone should take part in," Kagaya commented, as he had been thinking about this since they started talking about the Marks, because now that Nezuko would walk in the sun there was no telling when Muzan would make his move, and, since he could see due to Pinkamena's powers, he could see that the Hashira agreed with his proposal, "also, we received word that something was found in the Swordsmith Village, something special that had been lost for the last three hundred years. Pinkamena, can you tell us what you and Tanjiro found?"

"The blade of Yoriichi Tsugikuni, hidden away in the battle doll known as Yoriichi Zeroshiki," Pinkamena said, where she could see that Muichiro was surprised by that information, especially since he had fought the battle doll before and could have found it had he fought it for longer, but he didn't seem annoyed at all, rather he seemed pleased, and she drew the blade from it's sheath, allowing them to see it in all it's glory, "however, there is something I must confess... there is one thing I lied about when we first met."

In that moment, as she sheathed the blade, Pinkamena stood up and approached the opening that lead outside, where she called upon her power and made a show of transforming into her Kitsune Form, while also making a sun icon that she broke, indicating that she was cancelling that part of her power... though as Kagaya and some of the others called for her to stop, to prevent her from burning, they stopped as she stepped out into the sun and turned to face them with a smile on her face.

"I told you that Chaos World protected me from the sun... well, that was a lie, as I conquered the sun shortly after being turned into a Demon." Pinkamena continued, where she could see the disbelief that was on everyone's faces, save for Giyu, though she was pleased to finally be able to reveal this 'secret' to them, especially since they felt that she was such a figure of hope for the Corps, "I didn't want anyone to know that I had already conquered the sun, as Muzan would have come for me while I wasn't ready... I don't even want to imagine what would have happened had he found me before my power granted me this form. I'm sorry that I kept this from all of you, but I wanted to be sure our foe was left in the dark, at least until such a pivotal moment in our battle against him and his Kizuki... with three Upper Moons dead, the discovery of both Slayer Marks and Yoriichi's sword, and Nezuko gaining the power to walk in the sunlight, this seemed like the best time to reveal my secret."

"Given that two of us tried to kill you when you first showed up, that's understandable." Muichiro said, where he and some of the others understood why she decided to keep her truth to herself, given Sanemi's nature and how Obanai hated most people, and now that things were heating up, and they would be going to war with Muzan, this was the best time for her to spread even more hope.

Kagaya nodded as well and they got to talking about the specifics of the training that would be happening, where most of them would be using special doors or portals to move into Pinkamena's realm, so they could train without Muzan knowing what was going on, and if they didn't want to do that he knew she could make Zones to cover their training areas, just as she had done when Amane approached her. There was one more thing that Kagaya wanted to talk to Pinkamena about before she and the other Hashira departed, though for now he wanted her to focus on the training method that she was going to put everyone through, where she smiled for a moment, as she had the perfect way to make sure everyone in the Corps gained from their training. Most of the other Hashira were interested in what she had planned, given that she had powers that were even stranger than most Blood Demon Arts they had seen, and she informed them that Zeroshiki wasn't the answer, though if someone wanted to train with it she wasn't against such a thing. In the end she listened to what the rest of the Hashira, excluding Giyu, had to say and what sort of training they would be putting everyone else through, all while glancing over to Kagaya, who moved his head just a tiny bit to indicate that he understood and agreed with her on what they had noticed, allowing them to listen to the conversation without revealing anything.

Pinkamena knew that, when it was time for the war to start, the Slayers would be ready for anything and everything that Muzan might throw at them, and she had a feeling that, in due time, she and the Demon King would meet, in a battle that would decide the fate of the entire world, and she was looking forward to it.

PreviousChapters Next