• Published 3rd Apr 2022
  • 1,887 Views, 187 Comments

Demon Slayer: The Strange Demon - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkamena was minding her own business inside Pinkie's mind before she was ripped out of it and thrown into a new world, without any connection to Pinkie, leaving her on her own as she faces demons and a threat to the safety of this new world.

  • ...
4
 187
 1,887

PreviousChapters Next
Equus: Friendly Clash

Following the dimensional mess they had witnessed in the sky, which Pinkamena was still processing since it had been something she hadn't been expecting to see when she decided to go home, she and her friends followed Spike and Ember as they entered the Everfree Forest. Such a thing told her far more than the pair might know, normally the residents of Ponyville, even visitors, stayed away from the dangerous forest, but now, after their adventure in another world, both of the dragons had nothing to fear from it, as if they had faced greater dangers over the years, just like how she was no longer even remotely scared of this place. She was interested in what might have happened to them, given how Spike was totally different from what she remembered and Ember was more like a warrior than she remembered her being, but for now she was interested in returning to the Tree of Harmony and seeing if she could learn anything about Pinkie. She also noticed that none of the creatures seemed interested in approaching them, which was fine since she didn't want to knock them down with her new powers, allowing her to follow after the pair without having to worry about anything.

When they reached the old castle she found that nothing had changed since the last time she was here, which she kind of understood since no one came out here for the most part, before they headed down into the cave that lead right to the Tree of Harmony, leaving Pinkamena to stare up at it for a few seconds.

"It would seem that things are much more stable this time around, despite the earthquake we suffered." Spike said, where he stared at the tree for a time and seemed to be studying the magical nature of the area around them, in fact she found that bits of magic danced around his horns and hands for a few moments, "Usually those cracks in the dimensional barrier cause our planet to scream in pain... her World-Soul, anyway, since Equus is a living being... but it seems like everything is fine: her magic is stable, her vitals are stable, and no damage has been done to anything."

"Okay, you're going to have to explain things to me so I can understand what you are talking about." Pinkamena admitted, as she had understood what Tanjiro and the others were capable of by watching or speaking with them, though this seemed far above what she had learned so far, meaning it would take some time for her to figure things out, before she found Ember letting out a light chuckle, "What's so funny?"

"Spike's a scholar, and he's read pretty much everything on the planet we were sent to... prepare to have your head talked off and be stunned by his intelligence." Ember remarked, showing Pinkamena that she was used to dealing with Spike and his newfound smarts, as he now seemed more like Twilight when she thought about things, though it only made her a tad bit interested to see what she might discover next.

"First, I'd like to learn more about the world you were sent to, even though Ember might be interested in fighting you or one of your friends before that happens." Spike said, where he nodded his head and started to leave the cave, as it seemed like he had done everything he had set out to do in the span of a few seconds, which was rather impressive and made her take a moment to wonder what sort of adventures the pair had gone through.

"Well, Tanjiro fights to protect those dear to him, and Zenitsu only fights when necessary, so Inosuke is your best bet if you want a fight." Pinkamena commented, where she noticed that Ember seemed excited for the possibility of her engaging in a brief clash with one of her friends, even though it was also clear that it would be a test run before focusing on her, so this might allow her to gain some information on Ember before the fight began, "Also, a few of the Hashira would had accepted the challenge, but they're back on the world I was sent to, tending to the aftermath of our fight with Muzan... I'll tell you all about it once everything has calmed down... though it'll be interesting to see what you can do."

Ember smiled for a moment as they quickly returned to Ponyville, where Pinkamena found that there were portal structures off in the distance, no doubt for all of the worlds that the displaced had been sent to, and one matched the demonic taint of the Eredar, which interested her to some degree. When the trio regrouped with Tanjiro's group Ember challenged Inosuke to a fight, as she wanted to see their techniques with her own eyes and, more importantly, to see how she measured up to a warrior from another world, and, sure enough, Inosuke accepted. A few moments later they walked over to the portals, as it seemed like Ember wanted them to fight on another world so Ponyville and the surrounding area wouldn't be harmed by a stray attack, before they passed through the tainted portal and appeared in a new world. The new world was tainted by all sorts of eerie green flames, including lava for that matter, with twisted spires, corrupted land, and all sorts of things that made it seem like something was wrong with this world, like it was demonic in some nature, along with a floating fragment of land that seemed untouched.

Pinkamena had no idea what they were looking at, even though she could tell that this world was tainted by some sort of dark demonic energies, but it didn't seem to bother Spike and Ember as they took up their stances, Spike using his magic to form a dome around them as Ember walked out into the surrounding area.

"Welcome to Argus, the former home of the Legion." Ember said, confirming Pinkamena's thoughts on the matter, that this world was corrupted by a demonic force and, according to Discord, that had to be the Legion, before she beckoned to the one she would be facing, causing Inosuke to walk out as he gripped the handles of his blades, "Come, show me the might of the skills you possess."

"With pleasure! I'll show you the might of my Beast Breathing Style!" Inosuke replied, where he rushed forward and drew his blades without wasting time, though what interested Pinkamena was that Ember didn't seem to have any weapons on her, but since the dragon didn't seem bothered by it she decided to stay her hand for the time being.

Sure enough Inosuke was being more cautious about how he approached his foes, as his battle with Doma told him that he had to be careful, least he be taken down by something he didn't see coming, especially since there was no telling what sort of powers Ember had awakened during her adventure with Spike. Ember shifted her stance for a few seconds, more like it was a response to what Inosuke was doing, as her bracers glowed and a pair of curved daggers appeared in her hands, as if they had been in some sort of storage area and responded to her silent command. A few seconds later both of the combatants clashed with each other, where it looked like Ember either didn't have skills to use against Inosuke or she was biding her time, to see what her opponent was capable of, though her movements were refined, as if she had trained in the art of combat for a long time. By that Pinkamena could see that Ember swung her arms and used her daggers just to parry the incoming attacks, almost as if she was silently taunting her foe into using his techniques, even though Inosuke studied her movements as he came up with a plan of attack.

The interesting thing in Pinkamena's eyes was that the daggers, being a quarter of the length of a Nichirin blade, were far stronger than she originally thought, as they were able to stand up to the jagged nature of Inosuke's weapons and didn't appear to be taking damage, before Inosuke jumped back for a moment.

"Beast Breathing, Ninth Fang: Extending Bendy Slash." Inosuke said, where he swung his right arm and Ember stood still as he dislocated his joints so his blade could reach her, just like what Pinkamena had seen during the battle with Doma, but before the attack could reach his target Ember turned to the side for a moment and the blade missed her entirely, which was followed by Inosuke returning his arm to normal, "Fuck! I like this new move, but aiming it sucks... I can't hit anything with it!"

"What are you talking about? You hit Doma with it." Pinkamena remarked, though what impressed her was that Ember, in the face of something entirely new, wasn't even remotely surprised by this turn of events, which really made her wonder what in the world she and Spike faced during their own adventure.

"Yeah, I cut his eyes... even though I was aiming at his neck." Inosuke stated, showing them that he was disappointed by his attack missing his mark all the time, even though she knew it would hit at some point, but before he could get ready for the next stage of their battle something landed nearby, creating a small crater around them.

Pinkamena could tell that the newcomer was powerful, even with them being covered by a layer of dust, but when all of it cleared she found an Equestrian who had been corrupted by demonic energy, complete with a thick reptilian tail, a pair of large leathery bat wings, one red and one blue colored, clawed feet with scales on her legs, a crown of horns on her head to show her power, and a mane of rainbow fire.

"I knew I felt a fight going on." the figure said, where Pinkamena found that it was none other than Rainbow Dash, though at the same time she found that the athletic pegasus reminded her of Mitsuri, in terms of her body since her chest was at least the same size as the Love Hashira's, and she was wearing some leggings and a short shirt, designed like armor based on what she was seeing, "Oh, hey Pinkamena. I guess you're the next displaced Discord found?"

"That's right. Looks like your adventure gave you some interesting benefits." Pinkamena remarked, referring to her body shape, as it appeared that Rainbow might have devoured the energy of some succubi, even though she noted a couple of curved spikes on her arms and the blades that were attached to them, likely her personal weapons, "You seem ready for a fight... were you fighting demons, or were you just prepared in case one of the displaced decided to fight you and see the skills you unlocked during your quest?"

"Discord said your power was interesting and I just had to come see it for myself." Rainbow answered, where Pinkamena glanced over to Ember for a moment, finding that she was slightly disappointed in this turn of events as she sighed, where she took to the field as Inosuke and the adult dragon walked over to where Spyro was waiting, "Although, you might want to activate your full power from the beginning, otherwise this won't last too long."

As Pinkamena wondered what Rainbow was talking about, while walking out into the arena that Spike had brought them to, she barely had time to react as her new foe punched her in the chest, the sheer force of the sudden blow sending her flying through the air and into one of the nearby mountains, creating a crater around her as Pinkamena's group looked at her in shock.

"I know Discord told you about how we fought the Legion, but Spitfire and I are stronger than one might assume by just looking at us." Rainbow remarked, where she flexed her fingers for a moment, as she noted that Pinkamena was tougher than she originally believed her to be before the first punch was thrown, hence why her check to be sure her hand was fine, before turning her attention back to her still foe, "As you can see, without using too much of my power I can end this fight in a single punch... if you want to challenge me, and not be knocked down, you'll have to come at me with your full power."

Instead of saying anything to that, however, Pinkamena pried herself out of the crater and landed on the ground, where her next move was to pull her mask back into place as she activated her power, giving Rainbow and everyone else a few seconds to see her transformation into her true form. Of course it started with her hands and legs, along with her muzzle changing, though as everyone took in that change her nine fox tails emerged with ease, which caused the area around her to shake for a few seconds and put a smile on Rainbow's face. In the next moment she rushed forward, swinging her fists at Rainbow while her opponent did the same thing, causing them to clash in the center of the battlefield and released a brief burst of wind as their energies collided with each other, which seemed to be cancelled out by Spike's barrier so all of the watchers would remain unharmed. Following that the two of them clashed, fists meeting each other while the air just shook under the pressure of their blows, before Pinkamena slipped one through Rainbow's defenses and struck her right in the chest, knocking her backwards for a moment, even though she knew that it was only the first portion of this battle and that things could change in an instant.

Tanjiro watched as Pinkamena and Rainbow flashed around the area they were fighting in, where his friend summoned a number of stone pillars from the ground to give them some obstacles to move around, yet every collision caused the air to shudder until one knocked both of them into a pair of pillars and knocked them down as the pair clashed again.

Neither fighter had to say anything as Rainbow shifted her stance and her blades emerged from the bracers she had on, a fact that reminded her of Ember's odd armor, to which Pinkamena drew both of her weapons and got ready, because she knew that this wasn't going to be easy, while the pair stared at each other. For a few seconds neither moved from where they came to a stop, allowing their auras to gather around them as they did so, before they rushed at each other and let the battle continue as they swung their weapons, causing lightning to flash in the sky as both of them did so. Pinkamena was using this as a way to test Rainbow, as she wanted to know how far she could push her opponent before she needed to use any of her numerous Breathing Forms, since she knew how to use three different Styles perfectly. At the same time she noted that Rainbow, while having some skill with her weapons, the 'warglaives' as she called them, she didn't have the skills of a Hashira or even one of the lower Slayers, if she compared both of their styles, but that didn't mean she could be sloppy in how she went about this.

As the two clashed the pillars that were around them collapsed under the pressure of their battle, even though Rainbow kicked her in the chest and sent her flying through the remaining ones, those that happened to be lined up, where she came to a stop in the side of a mountain. Such a thing told her that Rainbow was definitely stronger than she assumed, in fact this fight was much funner than when she fought Muzan, and she was eager to see what sort of powers her foe had up her sleeve, especially since the area behind Rainbow was breaking as she rushed forward. In the following moment her foe leapt into the air and flew towards her, the sheer power around her breaking the rest of the pillars before spinning so she could kick Pinkamena further into the mountain, where Pinkamena dodged and found that the side of the mountain shattered under the intensity of her blow. As the fragments fell the pair moved from piece to piece, using them as footing for their battle, something that shattered each one with ease, before Pinkamena used the side of her leg to kick Rainbow down to the ground and landed nearby, this time kicking things up a notch with her own powers.

As Pinkamena swung her blades together she knew Tanjiro would see that it was the Lunar Fang attack, though this time it was massive, enough to cut a mountain in half if she so desired, even though the crescent wave separated into three and rushed towards Rainbow from different directions, who tanked the attack as it smashed a large crater into the ground, showing her foe that she was getting serious.

"Chaos Breathing mixed with Sun Breathing, a potent combination for sure." Pinkamena remarked, though this time she also tapped into her full power, instead of holding back just enough to test Rainbow's skills, causing reality to shudder as she did that, which only caused Rainbow to grin as a silvery eerie green aura wrapped around her body.

As Pinkamena rushed into battle she noticed something, both she and Rainbow seemed to be moving as if their instincts, in some way, were helping them against their foe, where they left craters behind as they danced through the air, which had to impress and worry those who were watching the battle unfold. At the same time, however, Pinkamena was able to bend reality to her whim and she was able to move things in such a way to interrupt Rainbow's movements, such as when she moved a rock into position, causing her opponent to trip, or shrouding her foe's sight so she could appear behind her, delivering a punch that knocked Rainbow into the ground. Such a thing allowed Pinkamena to seize the flow of battle, the flow that had been on her opponent's side since this started, and she let her blades dance as she pushed Rainbow around the massive battlefield they were in, the sheer power of her punches and kicks breaking the peaks of everything she went by. Her assault came to an end as she kicked Rainbow into the center of the sky above where they had been fighting, only to deliver a powerful kick with the side of her leg that sent her flying up into the atmosphere, though she didn't stop there as Pinkamena formed a moon out of the rocks of Argus, allowing Rainbow to crash into it and shatter the entire thing with ease, leaving only tainted rubble behind.

In the following moment Rainbow crashed into the ground nearby, around the same time that Pinkamena landed, and it looked like her attacks had done a bit of damage, even though it only excited her foe, reminding her of Sanemi when she thought about it, and she suspected that if they continued to fight they would wreck Argus.

"The power to manipulate reality however you want." Rainbow remarked, as she had learned much during her own quest and it allowed her to figure the nature of Pinkamena's power, though in that moment she knew a dragged out battle, one that would be interesting to both parties, might end up in a tie and she wasn't about to have that, hence why she took a moment to raise her left pointer finger and gathered her energy into a single point.

Pinkamena knew that something was coming, in fact Argus itself seemed to be shuddering, meaning Rainbow had to be doing something to the energy of the planet while she prepared her attack, to which she shifted her stance as she held her blades together once more. Her Lunar Fang was, in terms of sheer destructive power, her strongest attack, a fact that wasn't counting the earthquake inducing punch she used against Muzan, and this time around she wasn't backing down, as Rainbow would be disappointed if she held back now. As such the solar energy wrapped around her blades, where she found that her foe was smiling, indicating that this was what she wanted as she formed a sphere of energy that rested just above her finger, indicating that it had to be a long ranged attack as well. When both of their attacks were ready the pair shifted their stances and released their attacks, the sphere turning out to be a beam attack of some kind as she swung her crescent fang, and, just by feeling both of their powers, Pinkamena knew that this was going to cause some damage to the surrounding area.

In the next moment something appeared in the space between both attacks, extinguishing both of them in seconds, and as the smoke cleared Pinkamena found Spitfire, of all people, standing between them, though she was wearing some sort of grand robe... and, more importantly, she had six feathered wings, one golden, one purple, one green, another looking like it was made of darkness, another eerie green, and one that looked like it was dead in some manner.

"You two need to chill, as that could have cracked Argus in half." Spitfire remarked, though while Pinkamena felt that she would be angry over all of this, as she should be since they went all out to test each other, she discovered that Spitfire was much calmer than one would think, as if she was in balance with the universe or something, "Come, let us return to Equus and discuss things, namely the sword techniques you guys learned."

Pinkamena nodded her head as she followed Spitfire and Rainbow, who were joined by Spike, Ember, and the others, as they headed back to Equus, because she was interested in what they had to say and she had a feeling that it would be very enlightening for all of them.

PreviousChapters Next