• Published 3rd Apr 2022
  • 1,911 Views, 187 Comments

Demon Slayer: The Strange Demon - Blackdrag-rose



Pinkamena was minding her own business inside Pinkie's mind before she was ripped out of it and thrown into a new world, without any connection to Pinkie, leaving her on her own as she faces demons and a threat to the safety of this new world.

  • ...
4
 187
 1,911

PreviousChapters Next
Entertainment: Explosive Finale

Pinkamena and Tengen stood still as they watched Gyutaro, while Tanjiro, Nezuko, and their friends did the same with Daki, though sure enough it wasn't long before the brother Demon lashed out at them with one of his Blood Demon Arts, which was followed by him raising his arms and releasing a spiral of slashes from both of them. Tengen rushed forward and used the Fourth Form of Sound Breathing, Constant Resounding Slashes, meaning he swung his blades around while sending out more of the bombs that he used with his attacks, causing the entire area around him and Gyutaro to explode as their attacks hit each other. While they did that Pinkamena made sure that Hinatsuru was somewhere safe, as near the Upper Moons was a mistake since it might distract Tengen if Gyutaro rushed at her, thinking that she was responsible for the kunai, before she found that the Demon was in the air, likely trying to escape from Tengen as he planned his next move. As that happened Daki fought Tanjiro and his friends again, where she noticed that the Upper Moon Demon had a third eye in the middle of her forehead, no doubt due to Gyutaro awakening and joining her in this fight, and while that did help her with Nezuko she was still being overpowered by the other Demon's power.

As she retracted the invisibility that was on Hinatsuru, however, Gyutaro proved her right by targeting the kinochi as soon as he spotted her, though Pinkamena didn't have to move as Tanjiro combined his Sun Breathing and Water Breathing into a single swift movement, allowing him to flash over to Hinatsuru's side as he removed the hand that was reaching for one of Tengen's wives. Tengen, sensing the opportunity, rushed in and swung his blade at Gyutaro's neck, intending on taking it off for real this time so they could focus on taking Daki down, which should end this fight when he considered what the Demon had said, where Tanjiro swung his blade from the other side. The plan was simple, they were going to behead Gyutaro as he recovered from the previous attack, which ultimately failed as he raised his sickles and stopped the attacks, and he even turned his head around so he could see behind him, allowing him to bite Tengen's other blade. It impressed Pinkamena, as the true Upper Moon was a worthy opponent and showed them that he wasn't one they would be able to defeat easily, and when Gyutaro started to use the arm sickle attack Tengen pulled him off the roof so it didn't hit Tanjiro.

Pinkamena also noticed that, even with Nezuko aiding them, Inosuke and Zenitsu were being pushed back by Daki, which meant that Tanjiro being there had been the key to turning the tide, to which she held out a hand and snatched the fallen part of Gyutaro, which she munched on as she considered what to do next.

"Tanjiro, return to you sister and our friends. Together, you should be able to behead Daki." Pinkamena remarked, where she paused for a moment as her body shuddered, as partaking of an Upper Moon's blood had done exactly what she had been expecting, her power was stronger than before and, as an added benefit, she gained a fourth fox tail, a sign that her power had grown, "Tengen and I will deal with Gyutaro."

Sure enough Tanjiro considered what she was saying and quickly understood, another benefit of her training with him, as it had boosted his ability to adapt to the battle that was going on and explosively grow, but it only seemed worthwhile if his foe was actually trying to kill him, so she could give him a small boost and the Upper Moons gave him a massive boost as they fought. Not a few moments later he rushed over to Zenitsu and Inosuke, who were trying to get at Daki's head as Nezuko smashed her way through the incoming attacks, though with their team restored Pinkamena knew that it was only a matter of time until they beheaded Daki. After that Pinkamena approached the area that Gyutaro was in, where Tengen was still clashing with him as he sought an opening to exploit, she gripped her blade with both hands for a moment and then pulled them apart, suddenly creating a second Nichirin Blade that was a perfect replica of her weapon. She had been inspired by Tengen's technique, using two blades to do battle with his foes, and knew that having two blades to fight with Gyutaro was a requirement at this point, to which she rushed into the space they were in and pushed Tengen back, as she had a feeling he'd miss an attack and get himself hurt, before clashing with Gyutaro.

As she did that Inosuke unleashed the power of Beast Breathing, Eighth Fang: Explosive Rush, which she knew the name of due to him proclaiming the creation of it, while Zenitsu used the First Form of his Style and Tanjiro used his Third Form of Water Breathing, allowing them to clash with Daki's sashes so Inosuke could get close, giving him a chance to change to the Sixth Fang, Palisade Bite, and removed her head.

"You annoying gnats! Stop beheading my sister!" Gyutaro remarked, as he could see the scene as he fought Pinkamena, a Demon he couldn't even begin to understand and had to question where her second blade came from, though as he tried to rush over to them, so he could stab the boar headed boy and take his sister's head back, his foe tore his defenses down and slashed into his body.

"You should be less focused on her and more focused on us," Pinkamena replied, though as she said that she sliced off a part of Gyutaro's right leg and caused him to stagger, where Tengen rushed in and sliced up the Demon's chest, all before unleashing another explosion behind their foe, knocking him forward while ruining part of his back, and he could move so quickly was because she had, while no one was looking, cancelled out Gyutaro's poison, "otherwise one of us will end up taking your head, and with both of you in that state you should begin to break down and fade away."

"You're a Demon! Why are you fighting us?" Gyutaro asked, because while he could understand why the Slayers wanted all of his kind slain, since they saw beings like him and his sister as abominations, he couldn't even begin to understand why another member of his kind would turn on them, not to mention join the Slayers and cut down her kind, "With your power over reality, based on what I've seen so far, you could have been an Upper Moon... you could have unseated Upper Moon One, if you got that far."

"You'd be surprised by what a single mistake can do." Pinkamena remarked, where she let out a sigh for a moment as she took a second to recall the event that spurred her into her decision to hunt down Demons and end them, though she was more surprised that everyone stopped for a moment, before she focused on Gyutaro, "Had Muzan waited a couple more moments, when he turned me into a Demon, there's a fair chance that I would have lived as one of you, but he claimed that I was worthless and decided to leave before seeing the fruits of his labor. Could I have been an Upper Moon? Maybe, but that path is closed to me, and right now I will stop at nothing to save Humanity and destroy Muzan, even if it costs me my life."

Gyutaro growled for a moment, no doubt hating the fact that another Demon was being disrespectful towards the one all of the other Demons worshiped and followed the orders of, to the best of their ability, though before he did anything he noticed something, Pinkamena's companions were fleeing from this place, before noticing the crimson aura wrapping all around her main weapon.

"Chaos Breathing, Eleventh Form: Lunar Fang." Pinkamena said, as she was using this due to the fact that she had cleared out the district before they fought Daki, transporting all the Humans to her private world so everyone could sleep until the coast was clear, because it was one of the rare times she would be able to fight without someone else getting caught in it, and Tanjiro and the others were able to move after seeing Tengen move.

A few seconds later she swung her blade and sent a crescent wave of crimson energy right at her foe, where Gyutaro just stood there for a few moments, showing that he had no idea how to deal with something like this, before swinging at the wave and loosed his blood sickles once more. For a moment it looked like he might be able to stop the wave in its tracks, stop it from doing whatever it was Pinkamena had created it to do, before Gyutaro felt the wave push him back a little, as his feet were being pushed backward, and in that moment he wished his sister had been beheaded, because he could use some help with this. Of course there was no telling if his sister's sash attacks would have done anything to the wave, which was pushing his attack, and himself, backwards as he fought against it's power, but right now he felt that facing it with his sister would give him better results and maybe overturn it, before glancing over to where the boar head Slayer, who was doing his best to make sure Daki couldn't get her head back. Daki's body, however, was currently under attack by the two blood siblings, the Slayer with the odd mark on his forehead and the Demon who seemed overjoyed by the idea of tearing Daki apart, all so she couldn't cause anymore damage to the district they were in, or bother Pinkamena anyway, who was observing him as he fought against her attack.

In the end, however, the attack shattered his Blood Demon Art and slammed into his chest, causing his eye to widen as it detonated with enough force to consume at least three houses in each direction, blasting a large crater into the ground as Pinkamena stood there, her blade at the ready as she tracked her foe for a time.

"As flamboyant as that attack is, you know it didn't kill him, right?" Tengen asked, though he had to admit that the attack had to be something Pinkamena designed to weaken her foes, forcing them to lose some power as they restored every bit of damage she dealt to them, no doubt something she prepared for her eventual fights with the Upper Moons and maybe even Muzan himself.

"Oh, I know he's not dead, given that Daki's still around," Pinkamena replied, where she beckoned to the figures that were in the nearby area, as Inosuke, seeing her attack for the first time, had dropped Daki's head when he heard the sound of her Lunar Fang detonating, allowing the Demon to regain her head and forced him and his friends to fight her again, even if it meant using another method to take her head, "I know they'll behead her again, so why don't you join me in taking out Upper Moon Six... for real this time."

Tengen smiled for a moment as he shifted his stance and they focused on the smoke, where Gyutaro emerged and let the pair find that some decent damage had been done to his body, there were marks everywhere and he was restoring every bit of damage the attack had done. When Tengen rushed forward, however, declared something interesting, that what he called the 'Score' was complete and that there was nothing Gyutaro could do to win, all while he clashed with the incoming blood sickles as he used his Sound Breathing to obliterate the area that was around them. Pinkamena thought back to the information the Hashira had shared with her while they were investigating the houses earlier, either waiting for night time to come or waiting for Daki to make the first move, as she knew that the Score was Tengen's ultimate battle formula, the analysis of an enemy's habits and blind spots. It was a sound based power that he had developed over the years, as in he converted his foe's movements into sound and analyzed them, allowing him to find the holes in one's defenses and land a blow that might turn the tide of the battle in his favor, or open the way for someone else to take Gyutaro's head.

Pinkamena stood back for a moment as she watched the scene in front of her, Tengen was actually pushing Gyutaro back as they moved through the district, the explosions from his bombs setting everything around him on fire or leaving rubble behind, and he even forced the Demon through some of the buildings that were blocking the way. At the same time she found that Zenitsu and Inosuke were in the middle of beheading Daki, no doubt using an opening that Nezuko provided, a fact everyone would have to get used to since it wasn't something they were expecting, and Tenjiro was moving towards the area that Gyutaro was in. The Red Light District was being destroyed before her eyes, the collisions between the skills of the Slayers and the powers of the Upper Moon siblings causing everything to break around them, or be set on fire, and she was thankful for setting up everything ahead of time, as she knew that if she hadn't set the barrier up Humans would have died over the course of this battle. In the following moment Pinkamena tracked down her target, as Tengen stopped in a clearing as he continued to use his Sound Breathing Forms, the explosions tearing the area around them apart as he parried Gyutaro's attacks, and the Demon was able to slash up Tengen's face, delivering a vertical slash that cut through his left eye and face, but he refused to stand down.

A second later he forced open Gyutaro's defenses and opened the way for someone to do something, where Pinkamena swung her blades and removed both of the Demon's arms, preventing him from using his Blood Demon Art, at least from his arms and hands. As she touched down behind him, however, Tanjiro made his move, swinging his blade down at their foe's exposed neck without delay as he seemed to channel the full power of his body into the attack, as she found that his scar took on a new shape, it became close to flames as his hair seemed to follow suit. In that moment Tanjiro resembled Yoriichi, the mark reminded Pinkamena of what she had seen in his memories during her own training, and the mark had to boost his physical powers, as he was cutting through Gyutaro's neck right now, something that seemed to shock, if not surprise, the Upper Moon Demon in the process. She smiled for a moment as she observed what happened next, Zenitsu and Inosuke successfully beheaded Daki once more, even as she cried for her brother to do something, and while Tengen stabbed his foe's legs, to stop him from moving, Tanjiro severed Gyutaro's head, meaning that, against all odds, they had beaten Upper Moon Six, something that would enrage Muzan when he found out.

Of course she noticed what was coming next and snapped her fingers after banishing her copied blade, quickly making a small Room around Gyutaro's body, which released more of his Blood Demon Art that was designed to hurt anyone who successfully took his head off, and once everything was said and done she lowered it before collecting the bodies of the slain Upper Moon Demons.

"We did it... I can't believe it, we actually did it. We beat an Upper Moon." Tengen commented, where he sat down on some of the rubble and glanced out at the ruined Red Light District as his wives, who had been watching the battle and didn't do much to help since they would have been liabilities, rushed over to check on him, especially given his wound, "With how he fought, and his precision, I thought I might lose a hand during that fight."

"Gyutaro was a worthy foe, Daki... well, not so much. They're probably bickering over whose fault this is, and I'm sure that Tanjiro is speaking to them," Pinkamena said, though as she said that she sheathed her blade and studied the cut on the Hashira's face, where she could see the skin around it was already starting to become inflamed, and recalled what she had seen back on the Mugen Train, when dealing with Enmu's Blood Demon Art, "I can deal with the poison and heal your eye, or we can call Nezuko over and have her use her flames on you... and by that I mean that her Blood Demon Art allows her to harm Demons and mess with their techniques."

"While I trust her to do the right thing, I'd rather have you deal with it... and maybe leave the eye dark, give me something to show the others." Tengen stated, where he found that Pinkamena raised an eyebrow for a moment as she glanced off in another direction, as if something else was happening, before nodding her head as she dealt with the poison that had entered his body after Gyutaro cut up his face, "So, how long will it take you to fix this district and return the people to all of their homes?"

"Not long, since I spent so much time studying the district." Pinkamena replied, though once she was done with Tengen's injury, and left the scar over his left eye, which he wouldn't be able to use anymore, she started to move as he, his wives, and the others followed after her, only for them to find that she was heading for an intact building that allowed her to look over this district.

Tengen paused for a moment when they reached the roof she was interested in, where he found that she tapped a foot on the ground and part of the barrier, which she had brought them near without them really realizing it, opened up before his eye, allowing him to see Obanai standing on the other side. The other Hashira barely had time to register what he was seeing right now, even though seeing Pinkamena helped him understand part of what was going on, before he joined the group as Tengen informed him that they had just slain Upper Moon Six. As he understood that information, which would be a cause for celebration among all of the remaining Hashira when they learned about this event, Pinkamena drew in her power and several openings to her inner world showed up, where Tanjiro and the others watched as the people returned to the Red Light District. At the same time the damage done during the battle with Daki and Gyutaro was reversed before their very eyes, cuts in the ground were weaving themselves together, buildings were piecing themselves back together, and everything else was restoring itself to what they had looked like before they found the Upper Moon Demons, all while the people she had put to sleep were returned to their homes.

It took her no time to restore the district to what it had been like before they engaged Daki and Gyutaro, though once that was done, and Tengen made a note for Daki's Human master who he would know that his losses had been avenged, they departed from the district without delay, heading out to the Butterfly Mansion so the wounded could rest before making their report to Kagaya and the others.

PreviousChapters Next