• Published 2nd Sep 2021
  • 1,021 Views, 26 Comments

Dimensional Tales: Pokemon is Magic - snivygamer97



Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and friends explore the Pokemon world while living their lives in Equestria.

  • ...
2
 26
 1,021

Pikachu, I Choose You! (Edited)

Author's Note:

Hello. I wasn't able to do as many edits for this chapter and I feel as though the same will be the case with the next few. However, after that, I plan on adding a lot more including some original chapters, one of which being a retelling of Boast Busters. Will anyone be okay with that?

The next morning, the Mane 6 and Spike woke up and discussed what they had experienced the previous night.

“So I wasn’t the only one to experience the dream intrusion by the literal god of all Pokemon, right?” Twilight asked completely stunned by what she had experienced.

“No, you aren’t, Twilight,” Spike confirmed.

“So, how in the hay did ya know Arceus is a god?” Applejack questioned.

“Well… Professor Oak may have said something about it. Also, I’ve taken some time to look over the National Pokedex and the Pokemon in them. Apparently, there are at least close to 900 different species across the lands of this world,” Twilight spouted off.

“So, like we agreed, we can go on a journey across the land and compete to be the best, right?” Rainbow Dash asked for clarification, eyes filled with joy and hope, but also a hint of nervousness that she wanted to keep hidden.

“I’d say so, Rainbow Dash,” Rarity said as Rainbow Dash jumped into the air excitedly only to fall over.

“It’ll take some getting used to not flying all the time. Still, Snivy and Charmander will be happy,” Rainbow Dash commented as the duo woke up. “Hey, Snivy! You remember last night, correct?" At this point, Snivy nodded. "Perfect! Oh, guess what Charmander? We’ll be going on a journey together after all!” At this, both Pokemon looked extremely happy, though they refrained from hugging their Trainer and vice versa.

“So, what do you think will be the threat or threats that we’ll need to stop anyway?” Pinkie Pie asked. “Oh! I bet it’ll be some magical destiny business!”

“Honestly, it sounds a bit worrying that we need to step up again like with Nightmare Moon,” Fluttershy nervously shivered. “But… if everyone else is game then I guess I am too.”

“So, what are we gonna do when traveling with Ash and Dawn anyway? I’m still a little too young to compete in a League or Grand Festival. I need to at least be fifteen but I’m still eleven. But I can still offer help and own Pokemon at least, so…,” Spike suggested, currently happy with just staying with Dratini and helping the others with their dreams.

“Well, I guess Rainbow Dash wants to get eight badges and enter the Pokemon League. I guess I’ll also give it a whirl, and you, Twilight?” Applejack questioned their leader.

“Well, I think I’ll also aim for the League! I can’t wait to show the Pokemon world what me and Bulbasaur are capable of!” Twilight cheered as she hugged her Bulbasaur.

“Well, as for me, I’ll try out for getting into the Grand Festival. Dawn said that there is going to be a Contest in Cerulean City, where there is also a Gym, so we’ll be able to hit two birds with a single stone,” Rarity revealed.

“Hey! Maybe I can also compete in some of these Contests too!” Pinkie Pie said cheerfully. “Poliwag would just love to make the crowd smile like I do!”

“That… sounds nice,” Fluttershy nervously muttered.

“Hey, Fluttershy, what about you? You wanna be a part of this Contest train? Choo choo! You won’t have to worry as much about hurting your Pokemon!” Pinkie Pie said with a smile.

“W-well… no, girls. I’m afraid I won’t be joining in on Contests or Gym Battles. I’m sorry,” Fluttershy apologized.

“But why?! You love Pokemon, Fluttershy! And, even if you don’t win you can have fun!” Rarity yelled overdramatically.

“W-well. You, see… I have stage fright,” Fluttershy admitted.

At this, Pinkie Pie gasped, “Is it contagious?!”

“Actually, stage fright isn’t a disease. It’s a feeling of intense fear of performing in front of others,” Twilight explained as everyone looked at her. “What? Books can tell you a lot about a variety of topics.”

“Well maybe competing in a Contest or two will help you with your stage fright. Come on, give it a try!” Rainbow tried to encourage.

“Now, now. Remember that this is Fluttershy’s decision, not yours,” Applejack reminded their pushy friend.

“And if she doesn’t want to compete, then that’s fine. Maybe someday you can give it an honest effort, but until then you can just enjoy cheering us on if you wish,” Rarity said calmly.

“Thanks. I’ll be comfortable just cheering you all on for now,” Fluttershy said. “Right Spike?”

“Sure! We can help cheer everyone else on with their dreams, right Dratini?” Spike asked the small Dragon-type who nodded.

“Perfect! Now we can get this show on the road! Let’s go and join the others!” Pinkie Pie cheered as most everyone left the room to see the Professor and tell him the news.

However, when it was just Twilight and Spike, Twilight then said, “I’m worried, Spike.”

“What for? We get to spend time adventuring in the Pokemon world and still experience our lives back home! I don’t see what the problem is,” Spike said.

“It’s just… What if we fail in stopping these threats? What if these threats that Arceus spoke of cause mass destruction to this world and others? I know we all agreed and all, but I can’t help but worry about this, and better yet what Celestia would think if we failed,” Twilight confessed as she teared up.

Spike looked on in surprise for a moment, feeling concerned for his older sister and what she had said. After all, she had a point that these potential threats could cause untold amounts of devastation to the land if they failed to stop them. Eventually, though, he came up with a response, “To be honest, Twilight, I’m not sure what we’ll do or how we’ll deal with these threats. Heck, the others could also be worried for all we know. However, we can’t let those worries control us all our lives! We need to try and live our lives as best as we can in the meantime and hope we can put a stop to them when the time comes. As for Celestia, I’m sure that whatever happens she’ll still be proud of you and your friends.”

Twilight looked over to Spike, a smile forming on her face as she hugged her younger brother. “Thank you Spike. I’m still worried, but I feel a little bit better.”

As Spike returned the hug, the door slammed back open as Rainbow Dash appeared on the other end with Snivy on her right shoulder. “Hey! The others are getting worried about you guys! What’s taking y-?” Rainbow questioned as she stopped upon seeing Twilight in tears. “Oh, I see that I interrupted a sappy moment, right?”

Twilight wiped the tears out of her eyes and said, “It’s okay, Rainbow Dash. Spike was just cheering me up.”

“Isn’t that more Pinkie’s speed? Well, anyways… let’s head downstairs,” Rainbow Dash said as she awkwardly left the room, with Twilight and Spike following after shortly.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“So, you all are able to go on your journeys after all and you plan on going with Ash and Dawn on their journey today?” Professor Oak asked the others as Twilight, Spike, and Rainbow Dash joined the others.

“Yeah, that’s pretty much what we’re gonna do,” Applejack confirmed.

“Well, that sounds splendid! I’ve kinda expected something like this would happen. And being contacted by Arceus as well sounds incredible! I hope that you seven will enjoy your journey and all that comes with it!” Professor Oak wished them luck.

“Sounds very sweet of you to say that, Professor. Now some of us just need to pick out our Pokemon and we can get going!” Fluttershy said kindly.

“You mean the starters, right?” Professor Oak asked, to which Fluttershy confirmed with a nod. “Well, I have some good news for you all. I’ve ordered another Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle for the other new Trainers today. I noticed that you girls got attached with the starters and wanted you to not feel guilty for depriving the new Trainers of their new Pokemon, so I figured that maybe they should go with you.”

“Thanks a lot Professor! We’ll do you proud! Hear that, Squirtle? We’ll be able to travel together across the Kanto region and beyond!” Rarity said happily as she hugged Squirtle, who returned the hug.

“What do you think, Bulbasaur? Do you want to join me on my journey? We can discover so much together with all our friends,” Twilight kindly asked as Bulbasaur nodded in agreement. “Perfect! We’ll have so much fun together on the road and learning more about Pokemon!”

“So, what about the rest of us? Is it okay if we go with the Pokemon we bonded with?” Spike asked Professor Oak. “I mean, I kinda want to go with Dratini as we’ve bonded, right Dratini?”

At this, Dratini nodded in agreement while saying, “I’d say we have! Going on a journey together will be fun! I just hope we don’t run into any more mean old criminals.”

"Sadly, that may happen. But maybe we can become better prepared for next time?" Spike suggested.

"Well...Okay. I guess we can do that. At least I'll be around you and your nice friends, so I still win, right?", Dratini agreed a bit reluctantly.

"Sounds good! So, Professor, about Dratini and the others...," Spike began.

“Well, none of the Pokemon you’ve bonded with have a Trainer to call their own yet, so sure! You can have the Pokemon you’ve all bonded with,” Professor Oak agreed.

“And that means Snivy can join us, right Charmander?” Rainbow asked as Snivy reluctantly agreed to go with them. “Great! Now the three of us and our other friends can win against any opponent in Kanto! Let’s go, everyone!”

“Hold on! What about Ash and Dawn? Shouldn't we wait for them before we rush out?” Pinkie Pie pointed out, much to everyone’s surprise. “I mean, we can’t just be the only ones having fun on this journey!”

“Is it weird that Pinkie Pie seems weirder when she takes things somewhat seriously?” Spike whispered to Applejack.

“To be honest, I’ve given up understandin’ her a long time ago,” Applejack whispered back.

“Still, Pinkie Pie is right. We should wait for Ash and Dawn to get here and get their Pokemon,” Twilight said.

"Agreed. I just hope that we all will do well. After all, if half of what Rainbow dreamed of was true then we may have our wo-," Rarity was interrupted by Rainbow Dash covering her mouth.

"Oh, Rarity, you say the funniest things sometimes! Of course things will turn out fine! Now, can you excuse us for a moment?" Rainbow asked as she dragged Rarity into a different room.

"Okay, Rainbow Dash, spill it. What in the world is going on? Why are you wanting to keep your exact dreams a secret?" Rarity demanded.

"I-I don't wanna keep things a secret!" Rainbow badly lied.

"Oh, really? Then, why don't we go and tell the others about your dreams?" Rarity asked as she turned to leave.

"No, wait!" Rainbow yelled as Rarity stopped. "Okay, fine. I want to keep the dreams a secret."

"But why? What could make you want to keep them a secret? I thought you'd want to know how awesome you are and let others know as well," Rarity pointed out.

"I have two reasons. One, I'm a bit nervous, okay? What if we end up messing things up somehow? The dreams didn't guarantee a happy ending for all. Especially with Team Flare. The world could be in danger because I failed to stop them in time!" Rainbow explained.

"And the second reason?" Rarity asked.

"I just don't want to worry the others, especially Twilight. I mean, she'd probably die of a heart attack if we told her what I dreamed of Team Flare," Rainbow answered.

"So...Those are your reasons? Well...those aren't the worst reasons for keeping things a secret...but they still are a bit dumb. I mean, you're being a bit judgmental of your friend's ability to handle the bad news and, in addition, you're being a bit selfish by keeping news like that a secret," Rarity pointed out.

"You...have a point. We can tell them a bit later, though. I can't just spoil everyone's fun so quickly," Rainbow responded.

"Well...fine. But we have to tell them eventually," Rarity decided.

"Fine. It's a deal. For now, let's go back to our friends," Rainbow said as the duo returned to their friends.

"-and that is what I currently know about the starter Pokemon in the Kanto region," Twilight finished her lecture about Pokemon with her friends.

Just as Twilight had finished talking, the front door opened and Ash and Dawn entered and, much to their surprise, saw that Spike and the Mane 6 were still here.

“So, are you guys still waiting for Celestia or…?” Dawn asked, confused.

“Actually, there has been a change in plans! We’re going to go on a journey with you two after all!” Rainbow Dash said happily.

“Really?” Ash was sounding happy at this news, with Dawn looking more surprised than Ash but still happy.

“Yepperooni! We’ll be able to travel between home and here while living our lives in both worlds! Sounds amazing, doesn’t it?” Pinkie Pie asked as she bounced around the room.

“That’s wonderful news! That means we can all travel around the world and experience what it has to offer together!” Ash was getting pumped up.

“Agreed!" Dawn cheered before realizing something. "Oh! I just thought of something. Maybe Ash and I can visit your land of Equestria at some point, right Ash?"

"Of course! It would be fun to see the non-Pokemon creatures and perhaps Pikachu and Snivy could meet them!" Ash agreed.

"That would be great! You could experience the wonders of our world and the creatures and lore behind it!" Twilight giddily cheered.

"Yeah, because learning is what they'll wanna do. They'll wanna see the Wonderbolts racing in Canterlot or Cloudsdale!" Rainbow offered.
"Sure thing! A race sounds cool!" Ash agreed.
"Maybe we can bring our Pokemon between the worlds a bit more easily now, right Twilight?" Fluttershy suggested.
"Y-Yes. As long as we're careful who sees them," Twilight decided.
"Speaking of fun things, you'd love Hearth's Warming and Nightmare Night! They're fun holidays!" Pinkie Pie suggested.
"I'll take your word for it, Pinkie. So, Rarity, I take it that you’ll be taking part in the Cerulean City Pokemon Contest?” Dawn asked the fancy teen.

“Of course I will darling! And so will Pinkie Pie! Of course, I plan on being the victor and obtaining my first ribbon at this Contest,” Rarity said confidently.

“Actually, I think that I’ll be the victor in the end,” Dawn said back. “But, either way, I wish you both luck!”

“Why, thanks so much Dawn! You and Piplup will definitely do a fantastic and fun job!” Pinkie Pie cheered.

“Speaking of which, where is Piplup? Is he doing okay?” Fluttershy asked the bluenette.

“Oh, he’s inside of his Pokeball right now. Piplup, come out and say hello to everyone!” Dawn cheered as she threw her partner’s Pokeball, releasing him. Piplup looked proud of himself as he was sent out, wanting to make a good impression on Dawn’s friends. “Piplup, you remember Twilight, Rainbow, and the others, right?” At this, Piplup gave a nod of agreement and tried to look cute and cool to the group, who were all impressed.

“Professor, can you tell me where Pikachu is? I’ve been meaning to look for him since I've chosen him as my first Pokemon, remember?” Ash asked Professor Oak.

“Oh, he’s upstairs, Ash. But remember, be careful as to not get zapped by him,” Professor Oak warned.

“Don’t worry! I just need to talk with him and we’ll be buddies in no time!” Ash was undeterred.

“Do you need me to help translate? I can help you understand what Pikachu is saying,” Fluttershy kindly offered.

“Well… sure, why not? Perhaps between the two of us we’ll be able to figure out why he’s such a grump,” Ash accepted the offer.

Ash and Fluttershy were quick to go up the stairs to find Pikachu. They were quick to see him lying down on a chair, trying to sleep as peacefully as possible.

“Hey Pikachu,” Ash said, getting Pikachu’s attention. However, rather than acknowledge Ash he pretended to continue sleeping. “You know, today is the day that we start our journey to become Pokemon Masters.” Pikachu opened an eye at this, but was quick to close it. “Look, I know that you don’t like me, but I really like you. Why can’t we learn to get along? After all, life would be more fun to have together than to spend it alone, don’t you think?” Pikachu continued to ignore Ash, however, which made the teen very sad.

“I can take a crack at it,” Fluttershy said as she stepped up to Pikachu. “Hello there little buddy. It’s so nice to meet you.” Pikachu opened both of his eyes and took a look at the teenage girl, looking a bit calmer but still wary. “Look, I know you may be thinking that not all humans are trustworthy, but trust me when I say that Ash and my other friends are worth putting your trust into. We just want to be friends with you and other Pokemon. Maybe you can give Ash a chance. From what I’ve seen he appears to be trustworthy.” Pikachu gave a look over at Ash for a moment before deciding to use Thundershock to zap Ash, laughing afterward. As he turned over to Fluttershy, she gave a disapproving look, which caused Pikachu to stop laughing.

“Shame on you, Pikachu! You oughta be ashamed of yourself for treating Ash that way! Why can’t you just be friends with Ash, anyway?!” At this, Pikachu gave an apology before explaining to Fluttershy his reasons for his behavior. “Oh, so that’s why.”

“What did Pikachu say?” Ash asked curiously.

“Well, you see, Pikachu just isn’t all that trusting towards humans in general. He thinks poorly of them and sees them as pests or even evil. Well, most of them anyway,” Fluttershy revealed.

“Oh. That explains it,” Ash said sadly, looking like he was going to give up on Pikachu, much to Fluttershy’s disappointment. However, Ash was quick to respond, “You know what? I bet that given enough time together we can find a way to get along,” Ash said cheerfully.

“You’re not going to give up on Pikachu?” Fluttershy looked surprised but happy.

“Of course not! I think that together the two of us can become very good partners and buddies,” Ash said hopefully.

“That sounds great! And if you need help up until then, you can count on all of us,” Fluttershy said hopefully.

“Perfect! Now I just need to grab Pikachu and we can be on our way,” Ash said as he reached into his bag and put on the rubber gloves his mom had packed for him, remembering that Professor Oak had made the suggestion to help transport Pikachu a few days back. Ash walked over to Pikachu and picked him up calmly. Pikachu was quick to try and zap Ash, only for the gloves to stop the shock. “Alright! Now let’s get back to the others and get going!”

Just as the Mane 7, Ash, and Dawn were about to leave, the other three new Trainers had arrived in order to get their starter Pokemon. The first to arrive was a woman named Leaf, who went with Bulbasaur. The second to arrive was a man named Damian, who went with Charmander. While Leaf appeared to be strange, she didn’t seem to be too bad towards Bulbasaur. However, Damian appeared to only pick Charmander because he considered him to be the strongest.

After a while, the final of the new Trainers arrived, going with Squirtle seeing as how it was the only starter left. “Make way, everyone! The best Trainer in all of Kanto coming through!” The Trainer, whose name was Gary Oak, announced to the crowd outside of the lab.

“Hey! Isn’t it a bit much to assume you’re the best? How do you know it may not be me or someone else?” Rainbow Dash demanded.

“Well, aren’t you a card? You see, with a legacy like my grandfather’s it only makes sense that I’m going to be the best, if not now then soon enough,” Gary responded mockingly.

“And who, pray tell, is your grandfather?” Rarity questioned the teen.

“Why Professor Oak, of course! He’s one of the best Pokemon researchers in the world and was a great Trainer back in his day,” Gary answered smugly.

“Well, like Rainbow Dash said, there are likely hundreds of other Trainers out in the world. It’s a bit arrogant to assume you’re the best right out of the gate,” Applejack noted.

“Look, Miltank girl, I happen to be the pride and joy of Pallet Town. I’m going to become the best in the world one way or another.” Rainbow Dash just sat there growling, with Applejack shaking her head annoyed until Gary noticed Ash. “Oh, if it isn’t Ashy boy. Long time no see. So, I’m guessing that you’re going on a Pokemon journey,” Gary guessed.

“Well, yeah.. I have a starter Pokemon and everything. Of course I’m gonna go on a journey,” Ash said, not getting at what Gary was saying.

“Well, I was just thinking you were gonna give up and returning home to your mommy considering that you can barely manage to take care of yourself,” Gary mocked.

“Grr, Gary!” Ash yelled angrily.

“Well, I’ve wasted enough time here with my admiring fans. Everyone, I’m gonna leave for my journey now! When I get back, I’m gonna be a master!” Gary yelled out as he got into a car of admiring cheerleaders and drove off with his Squirtle.

“I can’t believe that Gary! I can take care of myself and my Pokemon! It may not be easy to deal with Pikachu, but I’ll find a way,” Ash muttered to himself.

“So, I take it that you and that boy are not on the best of terms? Wouldn’t surprise me seeing as how he makes Rainbow look humble,” Applejack asked.

“No. We’re not. We’ve been rivals for the longest time. I’ve tried to be nice to him, but he still has an ego larger than the sun,” Ash answered as he shook his head.

“Should we try talking to him about his ego problems?” Fluttershy asked.

“I don’t think that will work. I’ve tried to talk to him about it and he took it as asking him out on a date. He needs to have his ego popped before he can change for the better,” Dawn explained.

“Well, the chances of us running into them again anytime soon isn’t that great. We can just go on our journeys and not have to worry about seeing him or hearing his big headed claims,” Twilight said, trying to be mature about the situation.

“Okie dokie loki, Twilight! Besides, his head doesn’t look that big. It appears to be normal sized,” Pinkie Pie said, to the confusion of the others.

“It’s an expression Pinkie Pie,” Rarity bluntly said.

“Oh,” Pinkie Pie started to get the point.

“Well, regardless of what Gary thinks, we’ll be aiming for the top in no time! Now, let’s get going!” Ash carried out as they all started to walk down the path to reach Viridian City.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ash? Are you sure that there isn’t a train or something we can take to the next town?” Rarity asked, starting to feel all sweaty and tired.

“Last I checked, no. We have to go on foot,” Ash answered as he was pulling Pikachu by a rope while wearing rubber gloves since he refused to walk with him and his friends and not wanting to risk an electric shock hitting him or the others while holding him.

“Hey, don’t worry, Rarity. At least this way we get to meet new Pokemon,” Fluttershy consoled.

“Yeah, I guess. At least when we head to sleep later I’ll be able to nod off in my tent rather than on the cold ground,” Rarity was relieved.

“Personally, I hope to reach the next town before night falls,” Dawn said.

“Well, we don’t know if we will get there on time or not. In my experience, nature is a lot more interesting than you give it credit for,” Applejack put in her two cents.

“I agree with Applejack. I just wish Pikachu would move with us willingly,” Ash said. “Maybe I should give Pikachu the chance to get used to me and not feel forced to come with me.” As Ash said this, he removed his rubber gloves and untied Pikachu. “So, feel any better Pikachu?” Pikachu merely looked away from Ash. “Aw, come on! We just want to be your friend. Why can’t you just be nicer to us?”

“Should we take a break for lunch or…,” Twilight suggested.

“I guess we can break for lunch. What do you all think?” Spike asked the others. After a moment of consideration, everyone took a break in order to eat and take a break from walking.

While everyone was eating, they took some time to talk about where they were going to go next.

“So, where is the closest gym located at, anyway? The Kanto region is so big that I don’t know where to start,” Rainbow Dash asked, half-joking.

“From what I’ve heard from Professor Oak, the nearest gym that is active is in Pewter City, which is past Viridian City and the Viridian Forest. There is supposed to be a gym in Viridian City, but it’s closed,” Ash answered for Rainbow Dash.

“Sounds cool! Maybe we’ll catch some more Pokemon on the way there. I love Snivy and Charmander and all, but I really want to find some more fighting buddies to train with,” Rainbow Dash said as Snivy gave a nod in agreement.

“Just don’t train too much. Wouldn’t want you gettin’ hurt because you got too overeager,” Applejack reminded.

“Aw man! I should have made a good luck cake for all of us before we left Professor Oak’s lab!” Pinkie Pie was disappointed.

“To be fair, that’s likely for the best seeing as how your bags don’t have room for cake in them,” Dawn commented.

“What about the next Pokemon Contest? Where do you think it is going to be at?” Rarity asked Twilight and Dawn.

“Well, the nearest Contest is going to be in Cerulean City in a few weeks,” Twilight answered.

“I’m already looking forward to it! Soon, I’m going to begin my journey to being a Top Coordinator! Oh, and you too Rarity and Pinkie Pie!” Dawn cheered.

“So, where do you think the Pokemon are at? I haven’t seen very many of them since we first started down this road,” Fluttershy asked, confused and disappointed by the lack of Pokemon.

“Well, we may or may not see any depending on the path we take,” Ash pointed out. “Still, I wish we ran into at least one Pokemon.”
Before Ash could say anything more, a purple and tan monkey with a hand on her tail swung from a tree and swiped one of the rice balls the group had out and ate it.

“What? An Aipom! Here? Now?” Ash was shocked as he got up to see the monkey swing again, this time grabbing his hat.

“An Aipom, huh? I wonder what the Pokedex has to say about you,” Twilight said as she got our her Pokedex and scanned the Long Tail Pokemon.

“Aipom. The Long Tail Pokemon. Aipom are known for living in the trees and can use their tails, which are incredibly strong, in order to climb and hang from branches.”

“Hey! Get back here with my hat, Aipom!” Ash yelled as he ran after the monkey-like Pokemon. After some running and entering a clearing, the Long Tail Pokemon stopped and threw that hat down at Ash while poking fun at him.

“Well, we’ll see how gets the last laugh! Pikachu, you game?” Ash asked only to realize that Pikachu didn’t follow him nor would he have listened even if he did. “Oops. I’ll just leave you here. Thanks for my hat back.”

As Ash left, Aipom jumped up and down excitedly on the tree branch she was on before going after him.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the time Ash got back, everyone else had finished eating and were ready to continue their trek to Viridian City.

“So, how did it go?” Pinkie Pie asked Ash when he returned.

“Well, I got into a clearing before realizing that Pikachu wasn’t with me or that I had any means of fighting the Pokemon so I just let her go,” Ash answered.

“Oh. Well, hopefully our next encounter with a Pokemon goes better,” Rainbow Dash said. “In fact, I think I see one right now.” Rainbow said as she saw a shadow enveloped bird Pokemon nearby. “Alright! Snivy, use Vine Whip on that bird!”

Snivy complied with Rainbow’s command, whipping the Pokemon. However, instead of going down, the bird, which was called a Spearow, emerged from the grass furious with Snivy and Rainbow. It didn’t help that Ash’s Pikachu began to laugh at the pair’s misfortune, which made Spearow even more angry. In fact, Spearow landed a super-effective Peck attack on Snivy, which hurt her quite a bit. Pikachu combatted the Spearow when it tried to Peck him with his Thundershock. At this, Spearow fell to the ground and then ran off.

“See? We’re able to take on anything that gets in our way!” Rainbow boasted.

“Really? From where I’m standing it looks like Pikachu did all the hard work,” Dawn pointed out.

Rainbow was quick to fall over comically. “Well, we’ll catch the next Pokemon that we come across.”

“Maybe not the next Pokemon we come across,” Dawn nervously said.

“Really? Why not? I think we can capture any Pokemon that’s willing to come with us,” Fluttershy asked.

“B-Because of that!” Dawn pointed at a huge swarm of Spearow and a Fearow that was called by the Spearow from earlier.

“Pikachu, use Thundershock!” Ash cried out as Pikachu, sensing the danger, complied and shocked the Spearow swarm. However, there was too many Spearow for the Thundershock to stop the swarm in its entirety. The others, aside from Twilight and her Bulbasaur and Rainbow and her Snivy, sent out their starter Pokemon and tried to fight off the Spearow swarm. The group did a decent job at fighting them off, lowering the swarm from what seemed like hundreds down to only a couple dozen. However, by this point, all the Pokemon were exhausted. Rather than take their risk with the swarm, the group ran away so that they could save themselves and their Pokemon from harm.

The swarm, however, wasn’t done with the group and decided to fly after the group, attacking all the while. The group and their Pokemon proceeded to dodge the pecks as best as they could, and while they did a good job for the most part, they still got hurt, especially Ash’s Pikachu who Ash needed to pick up and run with. Eventually, the group reached a cliff where there was a raging river in the area beneath them.

“Oh no! What should we do?! We’re cornered!” Dawn cried out, worried.

“Well, there may be one way out of this. We’ll need to jump into the water and hope it takes us to safety,” Ash suggested.

“No offense, Ash, but that sounds like a risky idea,” Applejack said.

“I agree. Who's to say we won’t get injured or lose our supplies when we jump into the raging river,” Rarity agreed.

“Besides, we’re not wearing our swimwear and I’d rather not get my hair or clothes wet,” Dawn pointed out.

“I’d say that we take the risk that Ash is suggesting. After all, do we want to be pecked to death by these Spearow and the Fearow?” Rainbow Dash agreed with Ash’s plan.

After a moment of thinking, the group reluctantly agreed with Ash’s plan and decided to jump into the water, just barely avoiding the swarm.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, an fifeen year old red-head named Misty wearing a blue swimsuit was under the water later on down the river. She was searching for Water-type Pokemon that she could add to her party. You see, Misty’s dream is to one day be the greatest Water-type Trainer and Gym Leader in the world. To meet that goal, Misty is in need of capturing as many different Water-types as she could.

Finding no luck in finding any unique Water-types, Misty got out of the water next to her bag and bike and was ready to change back into her normal clothes. However, before she could do so, she saw a bunch of people and Pokemon trying their best to stay above the water, some doing better than others. Seeing Pikachu having fallen unconscious, Misty jumped back into the water and brought out the Mouse Pokemon.

“Oh my! Are you okay, Pikachu?” Misty asked the poor Pokemon in concern.

“I don’t know about Pikachu, but I think the rest of us are doing okay,” Ash responded to the red-haired woman.

“I don’t know what happened to you all earlier, but I can’t believe what bad shape your Pokemon appear to be in!” Misty scolded.

“We’re sorry. We’re new trainers that got into trouble with some Spearow and a Fearow miss…” Fluttershy began to apologize.

“Misty. Misty Waterflower. I have to say though that you could do a better job at being trainers if you got into trouble so easily,” Misty bluntly said.

“Hey! That was very rude of you to say!” Dawn yelled back.

“Yeah! We were just trying to find our way to Viridian City when we ran into trouble! You can’t fault us for being new!” Rainbow yelled as well.

“I’m sorry about that. You see, I can be a bit easily angered. I wasn’t trying to be mean,” Misty apologized.

“Hey, do you want me to make you a baked treat in order to commemorate our meeting?” Pinkie Pie offered.

“I guess maybe later?” Misty awkwardly accepted.

“So, Misty, can you tell us how to get to Viridian City so that we can get out of your hair?” Twilight asked.

“Sure. Just head down this path and you’ll be there within an hour,” Misty answered.

“Oh, thank goodness! I’ll be able to rejoin civilization before nightfall,” Dawn sighed in relief.

“And we’ll be able to change into a warm pair of pajamas,” Rarity agrees with Dawn.

Suddenly, the group heard the cries of the Spearow and Fearow as they had finally found and caught up with them.

“Oh no! This is bad! We need to get away from them. Excuse me, Misty, but can I borrow your bike?” Ash asked the red-head. However, before she could give a response, Ash put Pikachu in the basket, got onto the bike, and rushed off to try and avoid the bird Pokemon.

“Hey! Get back here with my bike!” Misty demanded as she put on her normal clothes over her swimsuit and ran after Ash.

“Well, looks like Ash got himself into some trouble. We should catch up to make sure that Misty doesn’t hurt him,” Dawn decided as the others agreed and the group ran after them.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
”Just hang on now, Pikachu, we're almost there,” Ash said as he raced down the path in the rain to try to get Pikachu to safety and escape the swarm. However, eventually the swarm caught up to them and the bike was knocked over, sending them both to the ground.

“Pikachu! Pikachu... this can't happen,” Ash was worried as he placed Pikachu’s Pokeball next to him. “Pikachu, get inside. I know you're afraid of going in there, but if you're inside, maybe I can save you. Please, Pikachu, please listen to me and go inside. After that, then -- After that, just trust me!” Ash got up and walked towards the Spearow and Fearow, planning to defend Pikachu, even if it meant sacrificing himself. “Spearows, do you know who I am? I'm Ash, from the Town of Pallet. I'm destined to be the world's number one Pokémon Master. I can't be defeated by the likes of you. I'm going to capture and defeat you all! Do you hear me?” Ash yelled to the Pokemon. “Pikachu, go inside the Pokéball, it's the only way! Come and get me!” Suddenly, Pikachu got up and ran toward Ash and jumped off his shoulder. Pikachu mustered as much power as he could in order to create a powerful Thundershock. The attack managed to hit the Pokemon, causing them all to flee, except for the Fearow. However, a quick Focus Punch from the Aipom from earlier was enough to send the Fearow packing as well.

Aipom approached Pikachu and Ash, who were both lying on the ground exhausted. “Well, we beat 'em.” As a way of showing that Pikachu is no longer against Ash, he proceeded to lick Ash’s face gently. “Oh, and I guess that Aipom also helped us out. Say, do you want to come with us, Aipom?” At this, Aipom nodded as Ash got out a Pokeball and threw it at Aipom, with the purple monkey being sealed in moments later. “Alright! We’ve got an Aipom!” Ash cheered as Pikachu and Ash made a “V” shape with their hands. Before they could celebrate having a new Pokemon much more, the duo noticed a mysterious rainbow and golden colored Pokemon flying through the sky. “What's that? Is that a… Ho-Oh?” Ash wondered as the Pokemon disappeared, leaving Ash to pick up Pikachu and race off to the Pokemon Center in Viridian City once more.