• Published 27th Aug 2021
  • 200 Views, 10 Comments

Little Thoughts - paperhearts



A small but ever-growing collection of micro-horsewords and horse-poetry.

  • ...
1
 10
 200

BUT YES, said Death (Gilda)

“Boreas’ blood! No—Please no! I—I’ve got a newborn chick!”

Worst luck! Gilda paused in the dusty street, watching the griffon back against the wall of his eyrie. Wide eyes appraised her; a pipe trembled in his beak.

She recognised him in the moonlight. Gerhalt, the jerk who had made her school days hell. Looking at his pale face now, she grinned. The wind pressed her black, hooded cloak tight against her feathers. Well, time to get this over with.

She swung the scythe, knocking the pipe from his beak. Making a ‘v’ with her claws, Gilda pointed them first at her hidden eyes, then at Gerhalt's. He nodded, throat bobbing.

Gilda turned and stalked off down the street, her smile becoming a frown. It only increased when another griffon recoiled from her in horror.

She hated fancy dress parties, hated them. Gabby was lucky Gilda was such a considerate friend.

Author's Note:

One of my very first Flashfic entries, from a long long time ago (as the quality of the writing shows :rainbowlaugh:)

But still. Gilda! :heart: