• Published 27th Aug 2021
  • 199 Views, 10 Comments

Little Thoughts - paperhearts



A small but ever-growing collection of micro-horsewords and horse-poetry.

  • ...
1
 10
 199

Prospects (Smolder, Ocellus)

"What superb entries we’ve had tonight! Next up, a first timer—Ocellus—with a poetry reading.”

Smolder ignored the disquiet in her stomach as Ocellus stiffened beside her.

“W-What!? I never… How!?” The changeling turned to Smolder, eyes growing wide. “Y-You? How could you?”

Smolder shrugged. “How many times have we come to this open mic night now? Step up already!”

Ocellus looked from the crowd to her notebook. “When. I’m. Ready!” she hissed.

“You. Are. Ready! You think I'd have done this if you weren’t?”

“Yes, because you don’t care about anyone but yourself!” Ocellus snapped, before stomping towards the stage.

Beside Smolder, Gallus laughed. “Wow, stress out your friend doing something she loves. Way to ace those friendship lessons.”

“She’s awesome, but she needs this.” Smolder gave Ocellus a thumbs up. As the changeling replied with a mouthed ‘I hate you’, doubt and sadness began to press against her lungs.

Author's Note:

More Flashfic drama from way back when. Pretty sure this one started my journey of all things best bug and best dragon. As small as it is, I probably wouldn't have written Proximity had it not been for this snippet.