• Published 27th Aug 2021
  • 200 Views, 10 Comments

Little Thoughts - paperhearts



A small but ever-growing collection of micro-horsewords and horse-poetry.

  • ...
1
 10
 200

Comforting Sounds (Berry Buckles, Sassy Saddles)

The moonlit room pulled in every direction at once; a weightless void, yet it pressed so firmly against Berry Buckles’ head. The shrill cries of the baby she cradled gave her lurching a purpose. Berry hummed to her daughter as she walked to the gramophone.

Orange eyes blurry, the baby pushed Berry’s head away with a cerulean hoof. Berry sighed. She always missed her father when he was away.

Berry missed her father too, especially during moments like this. Even now she couldn’t work out how he had coped.

She reset the needle. Her father’s voice crackled into life over a laughing audience. A poor substitute—how had his terrible jokes made him that famous?—but it was enough.

Plaid my pommels, I ever tell you the one about the seamstress and the cowpony?

Berry looked down. “Well, Sassy, did your grandfather?”

Sassy stopped crying and started to giggle.

So did Berry.

Author's Note:

Found some old Flashfic entries from my old account.

Sassy Saddles was pretty rad.