• Published 14th Aug 2021
  • 1,534 Views, 49 Comments

Cozy Glow: Psychology PhD - Jmaster49



Cozy Glow, having been given a new life, is now a psychiatrist working to help troubled children that were just like her.

  • ...
7
 49
 1,534

Teaser

My life was forever changed thanks to the efforts of dad. Pale Vestige--the best detective in all of pony history. He was the one who saved me from my stony prison. When I got out, my body had aged along with time and I was instantly thrust into being a grown mare in a world that I didn’t quite understand. That’s where mom came in. She did so much to help me comprehend why everything is the way it is while dad continued to work hard for us--oh! I guess I should mention that Cheerilee Vestige is my mom.

And yes, they had gotten married.

It was a super awesome thing that happened a little over four years ago now. Easily my favorite part of life. Of course, I also had lots of amazing friends as well. Chiefly of which being Flurry Heart. She had been one of the main ones who looked out for my sake and made sure I was treated fairly despite all of my past troubles. Oh, and she was about to be married to Pound Cake soon. Well, more like engaged. They were too young to get married just yet, but you knew they loved each other just from the way they both kept each other safe, supported each other, and did their best to resolve their problems in a civil way.

Wonder if they got any of their skills from watching mom and dad?

Anyhow, the most important part was that I now had a full-time career. I was now a psychiatrist. I worked with living beings who have suffered through a lot of trauma and needed guidance to get them back on the right track. It worked in tandem with my family. Dad would investigate and find the troubled individuals and bring them to me. I’d do my best to rehabilitate them. And if necessary, I would send them to Cheerilee for some special tutoring so they could find new families.

Everything worked perfectly between us. Allow me to show you.

So the way things work is that I do my job closely alongside Raven Inkwell. She’s been in the psycho-therapy profession for quite a few years now. And by a few, I mean a super long time. We’re talking decades! Anyway, whenever I get a case to deal with, Raven gives me the rundown of my patient and I try my hoof at communication. If that doesn’t work, then I request assistance from her. But usually, I tend to do just fine on my own. Watch me!


One day, as usual, I waited at my desk with my glasses on. Yeah, I needed them because all of the extra reading I did caused me to have blurry vision. But it was worth it to keep doing my job. Anyhow, I waited and eventually heard a knock at my door.

TAP-TAP!

“Come in!” I said as I glanced at the door.

As always, the white earth pony answered the door to tell me what had been going on. “Dr. Glow,” she addressed me, “I have a patient for you. I think it’ll be simple enough for you to tackle solo as I’ve been letting you do recently. Are you up for it?”

“Sure,” I agreed with a nod, “Who is it?”

Inkwell flipped over a clipboard. “...A colt. Whip Whirlwind is his name.”

“What’s his diagnosis?”

“Cutie Mark Trouble,” she explained, “Feels as if his cutie mark doesn’t really fit who he is. Do you think you can help him?”

CMT. A very common affliction among the youth of ponies. Something I had dealt with often on this job, so it’ll serve as a good introduction to how I operate.

“Of course,” I assured her with a smile, “Bring him in as soon as possible.”

About a few minutes later, I watched as the little green pegasus colt entered my room. I had taken a seat on a chair next to the therapy couch where I invited him to sit. “Hey there, Double-Dub!” I used his name as a way to make him feel welcome. “How are you?”

The colt trotted up to the cushion, and lied down upon it. “...Okay.”

I straightened my glasses and took a look at him. “Just ‘okay’? Why don’t you tell me what’s wrong?”

“...You promise not to tell anypony else?” he sat up and glared at me with a worried stare.

I held up my right hoof and stated my oath. “Cross my heart. Everything is confidential between us--that means super secret.”

With the knowledge that things would be kept just between us, he seemed to have relaxed a bit. “Alright. I just feel...worried about my cutie mark.”

I took a look at his flank. His cutie mark depicted what appeared to be a buckball court. “Oh? How come, Whip?”

“I hate sports,” he mumbled as he lied back down, “I want nothing to do with sports. I prefer art and painting. Why is my cutie mark like this?”


Something like this was very difficult to navigate. I didn’t have all the answers of course. But my job was to do my best to help out however I could. In times like these, I would always make sure I could show foals a perspective that they could choose to follow for a happier life so they wouldn’t have to resort to, and wallow in anger.

So gather around. I’m going to tell you how things go around my office. How ponies can still find their way through life with enough support regardless of their situation. Ponies like me who thought the world needed to be destroyed didn’t realize that there was something more to it all. And to destroy it would only serve to make things worse.

Obviously, I was the worst-case scenario. But even so, I didn’t want any other child to go through what I did. Whip here is going to serve as the perfect case to help me show you how I work around the office.

Welcome to my therapy session.