• Published 11th Aug 2021
  • 1,080 Views, 87 Comments

A Little Hope - DougtheLoremaster



Flurry Heart has taken the throne. The Princess of Hope has risen and now faces her first major task; redeeming Chrysalis, Cozy Glow, and Tirek. Something no Alicorn before her has accomplished in all their legendary feats.

  • ...
11
 87
 1,080

Chapter 6- Chrysalis: What am I feeling?

That annoying sound. It's so grating! It’s barely dawn, can’t a bug get her rest? I swear if she knocks one more time, I’ll...

...

I’ll...

...

Sigh...

...

That stupid princess. What does she want with me, now?

...

"Stop rapping on my door, you little nuisance! I’m awake! What do you want?... A trip? Argh! Fine. I’ll be ready in fifteen minutes.”

Ugh, I hate her so much, every day she wants to spend time together. So annoying. Oh, who am I kidding? She’s not so bad. She’s been nothing but respectful to me. Try as I might, I can’t stay mad at her.

Now then, where are those earrings she gave me? Ah, there they are. A lady needs to look her best for our day out together. After a week in this castle, I could really use some sunshine. I wonder where we are going, anyway.

***

Back here again. The old hive looks amazing, it’s really been patched up, since that day I met Starlight Glimmer. According to the Princess, my son, Thorax had taken charge, leading the next generation. Though, that was centuries ago, I wonder what the new leader is like.

Hmm, every Changeling seems to be...enjoying their life. So then, who is this?

“...”

Ocellus, my granddaughter, Queen of the Changelings. This is my granddaughter? Is she really my son’s child? I...I’ve never felt like this. She’s very elegant and her mannerisms are nothing short of regal.

“...”

What is she doing? Why is she grabbing me?

“...”

A hug? She’s happy to meet me? Why? I don’t deserve such affection. Curse you, Thorax; you raised a proper hatchling. Who would have thought I would ever feel proud of my son. It’s a shame, I never had a chance to see him in action as a king. He left a legacy to be proud of. Everywhere I look, the smiles on their faces, the full, healthy colors of their chitin, this is all I ever wanted for them. Her subjects seem to be inspired by her. Happy, healthy, this is how the hive should be.

“...”

I don’t belong here. Not anymore. This is their home, their life. My granddaughter, please lead them well. I leave them to you, Ocellus. You're the Queen I never was. I won’t darken your doorway anymore.

“Princess Flurry Heart, can we go home? I’m done here.”

***

Shut the door Chrysi, don’t let her see you cry...Thorax, I was never there when you needed me most. And now your daughter has grown into the Queen the hive deserves. It breaks my heart and fills me with joy all at once. I want to scream, I want to smile. These tears just won’t stop.

...

“Go away, Flurry Heart!”

...

I can’t let you see me cry!

...

Stop knocking on my wretched door! I need some time to myself. Is that so hard to understand?

...

I’m sure she knows I’ll come out when I’m good and ready. I'm sure she will leave me alone when she gets no answer.

...

Grrr!

“I’ll break your wretched hooves if you don’t knock it off and get lost!”

Ah, silence. Finally, peace and quiet. Still, seeing the hive reconstructed like that. That was a bit of a shock, though a bit of a welcomed one to be honest. These cursed tears. Why can’t I stop crying?

***

To see the Changelings flourishing like that, was wonderful. Maybe now, I can finally move forward. Hmm. I wonder what’s for dinner? Oh, I do hope Cadance is cooking up some more magic again. Her love tastes the best, after all. Mmm, just thinking about it, gets me excited. Now, what should I wear?