• Published 9th Sep 2012
  • 883 Views, 12 Comments

Revenge of the Shunned - Prisoner 24601



This pony was shunned and disregarded by all others. Therefore, he made a vow to destroy them all.

  • ...
2
 12
 883

King of the Timber Wolves

Firestrand and Zecora still stood in her hut, with the alpha male looking through the window. The tree was strang, and the wolf could not get in. "What is that thing?" Firestrand asked, not even caring who the pony or zera was.

Zecora, talking in her usual rhymes, said, "That, my friend, is a timber wolf. Everfree forest, is what they wish to engulf. Once you bring this one down, you will be Timber wolf renown. If you can best, this mighy thing, you will surely become, the timber wolf king!"

Firestrand didn't even notice the riddle, and instead said, "Timer wolf king? Sounds good to me!" He tried to jump, but was caught by the tail by zecora.

She said, "But if you fail, my young po-ny, you will become, his Cro-ny!"

"Yeah, yeah," he said, yanking his tail out of the space between zecora's hoof and the ground. "I think I can take him. And besides, I'm banished for life. If I become a crony, I don't care." He reasoned, launchng once again at the alpha male's head, knocking it out the window. He wasnt able to fit through that, so he simply walked out the door to face him.

Zecora, watching on, threw him something. It was a long stick, but with a sharp rock at the end. He remembered learning about these in school: a spear! "Take this spear, my young friend, and bring that monster, to it's end!" He intended to do just that.Firestrand added one touch, though: he lit the spearhead on fire. Then he stood at the ready to fight the King of the Timber Wolves. "Fight with courage, and fight with honor, and that great beast, is surely a goner!" she added.

The king leaped at him, and Firestreak hit him in the chest with the but of his spear, sending him to the ground. The pony thought this couldn't be easier. He swiped the spear downwards, and put a gash down the wolf's chest. Then, the monster got up, and swung his mighty wooden paw, sending Firestreak to the grond a few yards away. The pony lay there, blood on his face. He reached over, and grabbed his spear up off the ground. Then, as the king was leaping at him again, Firestreak thrust the spear into it's stomach. The monster staggered backwards, and stood on it's hind legs. It grabbed the soear, and quite to the pony's surprise, simply yanked it out of his chest. He held it there, until he thrust it at the pony. The spear embedded itself into the ground right next to Firestrand, who got a devious idea. He grabbed the spear, and swung around and around, until he vaulted himself off of it, sending his right hoof into the lower jaw of the Alpha Male. The wolf staggered to the ground again, and the cocky pony wiped the blood off his face. Then, the king roared with such feroscity that Firestreak was thrown to the ground. He redied his jaw for a bite directly to the jugular vein, but Firestrand, was quicker on his feet, and shot a fireball into the wolf's face, giving the pony time to run off. For a few seconds, Firestrand thought he was safe behind two close trees, until the Timber Wolf King pulled them apart, revealing his roaring face. The pony ran again, the deranged wolf only opaces behind him. Just as the king was nipping at Firestrand's tail, the pony tripped over a root. The timber wolf wasn't ready for a change of direction, and soared over him. The prey scrabbled to his hooves, and ran to a cave they recently jumped over. He was just barely able to squeeze under the slim rocks of the cave, followed by the sideways snout of the Timber Wolf king, snifing out his prey. Firestrand followed it with his eyes as it left, peeking up out of the cave. The wolf sniffed the air, and ran off towards the back of the cave. Firestrand was anticipating an ambush, so he traveled backward, down the open tunnel. Once he reached the end, he narrowly got out of two close rocks.

He stood straight up again, and the Timber wolf's jaws closed arounf the scruff of the pony's neck. He threw him up into the air, and was preparing to swallow him whole, when Firestrand fired a perfectly placed shot, propelling himself out of the monster's mouth. He landed on the ground above the cave, and started galloping again, followed by the Timber wolf. Now, in the dark of the night, Firestrand could barely see where he was even going, but sensed safety ahead. He jumped as they reached the edge of the cave entrance, and just barely cought the branch of a tree. He swung himself up onto another teir, and eventually onto the top of the tree, and to safety. He cought his breath.

He now realised that he hadn't had food all day, and with the added exitement of almost dying on several occasions, he was starving. He had no idea of what berries were poisonouss or not, so that ruled out berry bushes, tempting though they may be. Instead, he settled for a fruit hanging on a bracnh above him. He successfully picked it, and looked over the curious shape. He recognised it immediately as a zap-apple, by it's odd, almost inverted cone shape. He took a massive bite out of it, and immediately felt rejuvenated. He ate the entire apple, and dropped it's core to the bottom of the forest floor, almost 100 feet below him. With his hunger satisfied, Firestrand fell asleep soundly, for the first time in days.
*****

Willow stood at the edge of the Everfree forest with Maccieveli all day, hoping that Firestrand would inexplicably come out. The two just stood there, while Mac read a good book, and Willow just stared, hoping for some sign of her lost love. She was devastated knowing that she had caused all of this. If she hadn't intervened with him and Basalt, the bully wouldn't have pushed her in, forcing him to murder him. She felt tremendous guilt, and when the sun reached it's end, Mac came up to Willow, and said, "It's been an entire day. No one's ever lasted this long in the Everfree forest. We have to go home."

Much to her own protest, Willow agreed to follow Maccieveli to the hotel.
*****

Firestrand woke up the next morning to his tree swaying. He held his head up above the canopy layer, to the bright sunlight, only to see that no wind was blowing. He returned to the artificial night created by overlapping branches and looked down, where he saw the cause of this rucus. The Timber Wolf King was grabbing the tree, and essentially throttling it to get him down.

He decided to grant the beast's wish, and swung from branch t branch until he was once again at ground level. There, he once again faced his foe. The timber wolf lashed out at the pony with its wooden claws, sending him feet away. Firestrand studied his surroundings, and found that, behind him, the tree line ended into a lake clearing. This gave him a devious idea. He catalpaulted himself out of the trees, and onto the shore of the lake, and began wading. By the time he was three quarters of the way there, the king was watching for the comforting darkness of the canopy. Firestrand put phase one into action, and pelted the surface of the lake with fireballs, creating a massive shroud of steam, casting a dark shadow over the clearing.

The timber wolf king inched out of the forest, and into the clearing. Normally, sunlight would burn right through a timber wolf's flesh, but with the created night, he was unharmed. He stopped at the wall of steam still rising from the pond, knowing that on the other side was daylight.

Phase two. thought Firestrand. He looked up, and fired a rouind of blazing hot fireballs through the steam layer, opening many holes. Then, he fired more through the wall, but not at the Timber wolf. Instead, they travelled past him, and lit the forest behind him ablaze. The timber wolf was trapped as sunlight began peering through the steam.

All Firestrand heard was a series of whimpering, but when the steam wall itself broke apart, the pony could see the former king of the Timber Wolves raoring in agony as the sunlight cursed his flesh. Oh, how h wished he could go back into the forest, but the blazing Inferno was too much for him. His wooden skin started coming right off, with ease, and soon Firestrand saw the beast's internal organs, which were begining to come ablaze like the fire behind him. He knew he was dead the moment he saw the monster's heart catch the flame. Firestrand pushed fire up from beneath the lake, extinguishing the forest fire, then continued to observe the crackling body.

One particular piece of wood cought his eye: he believed it went to his torso. On the back it read:

Now that you have killed this monster, so prone,

Now you must find, the benders of the Golden Stone.

Benders of the golden stone? Who where they? and why did Firestrand have to befriend them. He searched every body part for a clue, but it was just that: Find the benders of the golden stone. He thought for some time about the riddle, but nothing made sense.

He resolved to just take a visit to the small town of New Everfree.