• ...
2
 5
 553

Cato V - Nightmare Realized

Needless to say, we succeeded. The Fall Formal would be held tonight, and despite me bringing my best outfit to the thing, I wasn’t going with anyone. Me being at the Fall Formal, at this point, was just me being there to support my friends, pure and simple. Partway through the proceedings, however, I slipped out of the gym to go to the bathroom. And trust me, if I had known Sunset had figured out that I was the one who took those photos and had Snips and Snails waiting in the boy’s restroom with a kitchen knife and a baseball bat to ambush me, I would have gone to a different restroom. But I didn’t, so as soon as the door closed behind me, I received a blow to the head and was knocked out.

While I was unconscious, Twilight won the crown, only to be interrupted by Snips and Snails taking Spike hostage, and leading them to Sunset. In the ensuing chaos, Applejack noticed I was gone and according to Pinkie afterwards, actually had a panic attack when she had that realization. In response, Flash offered to go look for me. In their haste to get to Spike, Snips and Snails had forgotten to close the door after they opened it to make sure the smell of blood wouldn’t stink up the boy’s restroom, so it was rather easy for Flash to find me.

“Cato!”

”Cato, wake up!”

I came to, my face feeling like somebody had stuck a bunch of cactus needles into it. It hurt so much. To make matters worse, I was now dressed in some crappy outfit and my fall formal outfit was nowhere to be seen. (In case you’re wondering what state Cato’s face in, it’s the way he looks during the 74th Hunger Games Finale, slashed and bleeding. His outfit now just so happens to be the outfit he wears in the arena.)


“What the hell happened?” Flash asked me.

“I-I don’t know. I got hit in the head from behind after I got in here. What’s happening?”

“Snips and Snails kidnapped Spike. They’re leading Twilight and the others to Sunset. I think Sunset is going to try to trade Spike for the crown.”

I didn’t need anymore of Flash’s words to motivate me. In an instant, I was up on my feet, telling Flash this.

“Let’s go then.”

He went on ahead, and I only stopped for a second after I saw my fall formal outfit torn up beyond repair in the restroom trash can.

“Ah man. That was my favorite.”

Then, it was back to running.


When we got outside, it was a nightmare realized scenario. Sunset had just gotten her hands on the crown and me and Flash both watched as her, Snips, and Snails transformed into demons. Twilight and her friends were knocked down to the ground by an energy wave Sunset’s transformation emitted, and it seemed like they couldn’t bring themselves to fight her. Then, Sunset blew the front door of the school to pieces. Since me and Flash had come out of a side door, we weren’t at risk much.

“This is bad. What are we gonna do?”

I looked around. Then I saw the demonized Snails, watching Twilight and her friends to make sure they didn’t get up, and I had an idea, an idea so crazy that it just might work.

“You go the long way and help Twilight and her friends” I told Flash.

“What are you going to do?”

As I started running toward Snails, my only reply was this.

“Probably the craziest stunt I have ever pulled.”