• ...
2
 5
 553

Flash II/Cato 4.5 - The Truth Comes Out

It was only about maybe a few miles to where Twilight was staying from Canterlot High, but those few miles may as well have felt like eternity. Finally, I was going to find out if my inference about Twilight being from another world was right or not. That was on the one hand, however. On the other hand, there was Applejack. Weird, I know. But, I wonder how she was going to take it with knowing that there existed another version of her in an alternate world. For me, honestly, for comparison, I honestly didn’t know how I was going to face that, it just weighed a ton on my brain.

While we are on the subject of Applejack for now, let me just make one thing clear. There’s something about that girl that just makes feel warm inside me, and I don’t know what it is. Like, god damn. She is melting the ice around my heart like a flamethrower. Back in District 2 High, I kinda just built a wall of ice around my heart since like everyone was trying to date me for my looks and I didn’t want any part of that. Clove can back me up on this, because she was there for many of those moments. And yet, here I am, in another school, and a girl I’m trying to save from bullying is making my heart flutter like I’ve never felt before. Even as I park the motorcycle in the driveway, there were still so many emotions flowing through my head. Cato, focus. Keep your head in the game.

That was what my mind was trying to tell me. In reality, every single time I saw Applejack was only making it harder and harder for me to keep focusing.

Long story short, I was right all along about it, though Pinkie rather beat me to the punch of getting to the truth because she just started blurting it out right as me and Flash walked in. Then comes the surprise that her dog, Spike, is actually a dragon to convince the others who were skeptical. I did not see that part coming.

Either way, turns out that if we didn’t get the crown for Twilight by this evening, she was going to be trapped on this earth for thirty moons, as she said. To be honest, I didn’t know if she was referring to full moons or half moons, but you know the drill. That doesn’t fucking matter here.

The only thing that did matter to me now was first taking Flash home, going to my house to get my outfit for the Fall Formal, biking back to Flash’s place to pick him up, and then back to Canterlot High to help Twilight and the others make this Fall Formal happen tonight.