• ...
2
 5
 552

Cato II - Kindness Of A Nerd

After what I had witnessed on the first day, it was clear to me that there was a very serious problem here at Canterlot High that, in many ways, resembled District 2 High. The major difference here was that there seemed to be a single main bully here whereas at District 2, it was a case of the stronger prey on the weak. It was also evident that the adults here had mostly no idea of what was going on at all, much to my disgust. But, it really didn’t deter my outlook on the situation in the slightest. Things had to change, and to hell with it, I was going to make that change.

As to how one can walk down a hallway while everyone’s staring at you whispering how you’re going to suffer at the hands of that Shimmer bitch and not feel despair, I’m just that headstrong. As I round a corner though.. speak of the devil. Right in front of me, is that Sunset girl, who’s bullying a girl with pink hair while the two minions I scared off earlier snicker and wait by her side. Walking towards them, I see one turn and gulp when they see me. The other one turns and goes pale, and both quickly scatter. Sunset yells at the two before realizing what scared them of.

“So.. you again..” she says, the evil smirking face showing again.

“I don’t know what’s your god-damn problem, Sunset, but leave the pink haired girl alone” I said, growling angrily.

“Really? Does this idiotic piece of crap Hadley think he can actually make me?”

I snapped when she basically called me, a Hadley, a piece of crap. I slammed my fist into the nearest locker, practically snapping it off it hinges and leaving a big sized dent into it with the force of my fist slamming into it. Sunset’s eyes go from smug to shocked, and she quickly retreats. I sigh though, since I’m going to have to pay for the broken locker door. But, it was worth it and also typical, since calling a Hadley stupid is a sure fire way to get me or any of my family members pissed off at you. Either way, it had worked. Sunset had stopped her bullying, for the moment.

The pink haired girl looked at me with a sort of scared face. I sighed again. “Sorry about that. It runs in the family that calling us crap basically is an anger button” I explain, and she nods.

“Duly noted. I’m Fluttershy.”

“Cato. Cato Hadley.”

“You have to be out of your mind, doing that. The rule is here that anyone that opposes Sunset Shimmer will have their life made miserable.”

I scoff at that, annoyed.

“The thing is about the Hadley family, we don’t back down when we see people doing mean things to other people. We either put a stop to it or endure having ourselves dragged through the mud if we can’t. So having my life ruined by a red and yellow haired bitch, please.”

She gasped, but knew I was serious. She didn’t leave my side as we walked to our next class.

I had to stay behind after school let out for the day to pay for the damaged locker door, and after that was done, I was on my way home.

The next day only brought proof of what that bitch could do to other people. Right as I walked in, someone shoved a phone into my face and went on about how stupid this girl named Twilight Sparkle was. But as I looked at the picture, I saw something different. She wasn’t acting stupid, it was like she was trying to adapt to life in this world, as if she had come from another world. I pushed the kid’s phone out of the way and headed off to class with one thing ringing through my heads.

I had to find Twilight Sparkle, because I’m sure for certain this was Sunset’s doing.

In the end, the sound of arguing from outside the building after class had ended that day while I was walking through the halls trying to find Twilight led me to her standing on the soccer field, with Fluttershy, Applejack, and two other girls, with pink and purple hair respectively, all arguing at each other as Twilight watched. She gasped the moment she saw me, probably because she probably wasn’t used to seeing massive, hulking teens who had been using weapons in training back in District 2 High. The other girls turned, and had mixed reactions. Fluttershy just waved and smiled, Applejack just sighed and turned away, the purple hair girl stared as well as the pink haired one. Finally, Twilight spoke. “I’m guessing you’re the one that Fluttershy and Applejack spoke about. Cato, right?” she asked.

“Yeah. That be me. Twilight Sparkle?” I replied.

She nodded. Then, the other girls somehow got back to arguing at each other’s throats, the scenarios talked about somehow felt like things Sunset would do, which only made me growl. Finally, I had enough and snapped.

“For Heaven’s Sake! No one knows you better than yourself. If the one you’re accusing says they haven’t sent that message and knows in their heart that they didn’t, then there’s obviously a third party involved, which probably means that queen of insults Sunset Shimmer.”

That outburst did the trick. They stopped arguing and apologized to each other. As they did, Twilight came over. “You have a way with words” she said, observantly. I just shrugged.

“I’m a Hadley. My family has a trait for getting the desired effect realized with our words.”