• ...
2
 5
 553

Cato III - Causes Worth Fighting For

To say that like I was asking for Sunset Shimmer to try to do something to hurt Twilight’s chances of winning was a massive understatement. I really wanted her to just try something, especially since I had managed to get Flash to join the cause. I mean, you are taking on the school’s biggest bully, so even though I am a intimidating walking mass of muscle, I decided to play it smart and get someone that knows Sunset better than any other student besides Sunset that’s also not on her side as an ally. Like, I’m many things, but plain stupid isn’t one of them, despite those moments that Clove remembers. Anyway, tomorrow would start my plan to help Twilight get the crown, even if I was acting dumb about the fact that since Twilight was from another world, the crown obviously meant something more to her and probably Sunset as well than to practically everyone else in the building, aside from me, that is. While the girls were over at Rarity’s place, I stayed up all night in the basement, literally trying to determine what Sunset’s next move would be when she sees what the girls are trying to do. In the end, before I fell asleep at 4:00 am, I figured she was probably going to do some sort of faked disqualification move. Little did I realize how close to the truth I would come.

Another day.. time to put the plan into action.

Honestly, I could not have expected what I would see the following day. Like, seriously, the stunt the girls pulled in the Cafeteria.. back in District 2 High, we would call that shit hilarious.. no joke. It honestly took all I had not to burst out laughing in there, and unfortunately for me, Applejack noticed me trying and looked away, obviously a bit bummed out. My mood went from laughter to instant regret. I facepalmed myself.

Cato, you idiot. Get a hold of yourself.

Failure tirade over, I just watched for the rest of the song. I will admit, the tune was catchy.. to this day, if I even remember part of it, the whole song will repeat over and over in my fucking brain. But anyway, it had the desired effect, which again, I honestly admit, I don’t think my words could do that. It’s one thing saying something so obvious that it restores friendships, but it’s another trying to sway the opinion of a school that without the campaigning is going to vote in favor of the bully just to make sure the status quo is maintained, even though that status quo sucks. I know, I know, that’s just Hadley family defiance speaking up again, but let’s be honest, it’s basically par for the course as to what my entire family to a man and woman would be saying about this situation.

After school had left out, I put little voice recorders in concealed spots that would be almost impossible to spot, just in case, and for further measure, took a picture of each of the spots with my phone to know where to collect them before class started the next day. As to why I was doing this, let’s just say, I had a gut feeling that Sunset was planning something. And sure enough, while I was sitting in the basement, listening to the audio feed, one of them picked up something about Sunset. Or rather, her talking to those two imbeciles Snips and Snails about destroying the Fall Formal decorations and framing Twilight for it. My blood boiled hard, like real hard.

That fucking bitch. Seriously, she was willing to stoop that low, like low to the point that some in District 2 High were willing to go sometimes. I’m not saying who, but they’ve stooped that low, and before you say anything, Clove was not one of them, and neither was I.

Either way, I looked at the recorder and thought to myself.

Guess spending $250 dollars of my 15th Birthday money on this wasn’t wasted money after all.