• Published 19th Mar 2022
  • 456 Views, 23 Comments

The Chef's cafe - vincent789



Twilight's life has finally caught on to the main story line of the show.

  • ...
0
 23
 456

The future is calling

After a long trip. Twilight and Ditzy return to Ponyville. It was now evening, just in time for Ditzy to put her youngest daughter into bed. Which is also why Ditzy immediately split up with Twilight as soon as they arrived. However Twilight was not going to go home just yet. No she wanted to wander Ponyville for a bit.

'That trip was more eye-opening than I expected. Not only did I somehow just accept my Princess status. But also it made me realize something important. Something that will finally allow me to let go of the past.' Twilight thought as she looked at the treehouse library.

The light in the treehouse is on and the library itself was still open. So Twilight just walked towards it and opened the door to head inside.

"Sorry we are close-" Trixie was about to say when she stopped herself. "What are you doing here so late?"

"I am just reminiscing about my past." Twilight admitted.

"I see. Still not let go of it?" Trixie asked as she took a seat with some coffee. She offered Twilight some, but she refused.

"Actually I am probably never going to be able to rid myself off it. However, I might be able to soon move on from it atleast." Twilight admitted.

"First refusal, then denial. After that comes understanding and lastly acceptance." Trixie said as she quoted a book.

"Yeah. I passed understanding a long time ago. It's only just recently that I am probably finally able to accept it." Twilight admitted.

"Meaning you also accepted your princess status then too?" Trixie asked smiling.

Twilight gave Trixie a soft smile, "Yes. hug?"

"Hug." Trixie said accepting the soft hug Twilight gave her. Trixie could tell that Twilight was relieved.

"It has been a long time since I last hugged or gave a genuine one atleast." Twilight admitted.

"Why?" Trixie asked slightly confused.

"I was too busy with life. Too busy helping others. Too busy to think about my own mental health I suppose."

"So you chose to ignore it?" Trixie asked eyes widening.

Twilight gave Trixie the fakes laugh she had ever heard. "Yes. Though not intentionally."

"So what changed?"

"Well I finally accepted my princess status. I accepted my famous status. I accepted... myself. The additional stress that I placed upon myself is finally somewhat lifted. Not entirely, and not forever. But enough that I think, I can accept who I am." Twilight admitted. Dark rings appeared around Twilight's eyes. Making her look a lot older than she actually is.

"Depression?" Trixie asked.

"No. Depression is extremer. No I have merely been rejected the self that I had made for myself. I still saw myself as the child that destroyed the slums in Canterlot. Now it has faded slightly, enough to allow me to see the one, you see before you." Twilight admitted as she looked in the mirror in the background, which showed an exhausted Twilight.

Trixie hesitated, "Are you... Are you going to be alright?"

"No. But I have to start somewhere." Twilight admitted.

"If you want, you can rest with me." Trixie offered.

Twilight smiled, "Thank you. But no. I do not want to let Spike sleep alone."

"Alright. Just... Let me know if you need any help alright? There are plenty of friends that will go to the moon and back to help you, you know." Trixie said proudly.

"I... will hold you to that." Twilight said giving Trixie a genuine smile. "Perhaps tomorrow. I need to sleep and grant myself some time to think."

As Twilight started to leave, Trixie stopped Twilight one last time. "Before you go, what are you going to do?"

"I think that tomorrow I am going to pay a visit to the slums in Canterlot. After our conversation that is. To see how they are doing." Twilight admitted.

"Alright. How about we talk on the way there?" Trixie offered.

"That works." Twilight said smiling.

"Yeah and while we are there. We could visit my parent's new and improved bakery." Trixie said also smiling.

"Alright. See you tomorrow Trixie."

"Yeah. Sleep well." Trixie replied.

Twilight took that moment to leave the treehouse and back onto the streets. After which she continued to walk slowly home, while staring at the stars in the sky. Which in the end took only five minutes to return to the cafe.

Twilight put Spike to bed. After which she had to clean the kitchen up. Normally she didn't like that, but right now she needed to calm her mind. And some cleaning work could help with that. When she was done however, she immediately went to bed, ignoring the night snack Spike had made for her.

And after washing her face, she went to bed. The moment she hit the bed sheet, the moment she fell asleep. In which she got a dream that under normal conditions was a nightmare. However...

'Dream realm

This dream, is a dream Twilight had been having for the past many years. Ever since the incident in her childhood, she had never gotten any other dream besides this one. It was the dream, or more like a memory of moments before the disaster. She watched her younger self enter the barracks and got challenged to duel with another guard.

As she watched the duel progress. She could tell when the guard's spell interfered with her spell. Causing it to move in unpredictable ways. And normally this is where Twilight would interfere. The not dream-Twilight. But not this time, this time she let it happen. She watched it hit the slums and a massive explosion rocked the city.

Erasing part of the slums and severely damaging the rest. She also saw pony parts flying around in chaos. And saw a bunch of diseased ponies. As she walked through the remains of the slums. Meanwhile her younger self was getting help, but the not dream-Twilight was ignoring that. Instead she walked to the would-be location of the church.

And instead of desperately trying to save ponies. She sat down and prayed before the would-be location of the church. Unbeknownst to Twilight, Luna and Moon were watching in the background. Luna had actually been watching from the start, but Moon joined as soon as Twilight began praying.

"Aren't you terrible?" One of Twilight nightmare beings asked.

"I am. I shall no longer deny my actions." Twilight admitted to it. Much to the surprise of the being.

"Have you given up?" The being asked surprised.

"Far from it. However one being, such as myself, can no longer ignore it." Twilight stated. Moon was smiling in the background.

"Ignore what?" The being asked, a weird smile was upon its face.

"Ignore myself. Ignore my past. This is me. I did this. However..." Twilight said as she turned around to see the creature in its eyes.

"However?" The being asked, slightly surprised at Twilight's determination.

"I cannot forgive the past. Cannot forgive myself. Instead, I shall accept it as a part of me." Twilight admitted, a soft smile was on her face.

The being smiled, "I see. You... are accepting me?"

"Yes. You are my darkness. I am your light. Together we are one. Separated shall only torture ourselves." Twilight said with a serene smile.

Twilight and the being touched hooves and a bright light was casted upon the dream. The dream instead now showed the slums as it were after Twilight's innovations. It showed her younger self rebuild with the slum dwellers. Shining Armor was hoofing out food and water. Her parents were assisting ponies financially. Princess Celestia was granted the ponies hope. And she was giving the ponies a smile.

Twilight turned around and approached the altar. An altar that wasn't the one in her church. However it was one with much more power. One that is controlled by a being of omnipotent power. Twilight knew this, as she offered the altar a bit. After which she shook the big rope with a big bell on it.

She clopped her hooves together and prayed out-loud. "May the god of the after life grant each slum dweller another chance in which it can grow into a strong and healthy individual. I shall no longer lie. I fear that I do not have such permission any longer. My actions caused hundreds of deaths. Innocent deaths. I shall ask for no forgiveness. I shall ask for no repression. Instead I ask for one favor, a favor to undo all favors."

Twilight then opened her eyes, and looked up. Tears falling besides her eyes. "I ask that ye shall grant my being another chance. I cannot undo my past. Nor can I truly forgive myself. The least I can do, is to ensure all that are harmed under my actions. Are granted absolute. And no lies. That they truly, truly are able to rest in peace."

Princess Luna and Moon were about to interfere. When a being of untold power appeared before Twilight faster than they were able to. The being caused both princesses to get frozen in place, the shock of which caused great harm. In the best way possible.

"My... Child." The being said.

Twilight froze in place for a moment. When she remembered her manners and bowed deeply. "Your Great Great Highness!"

"I see you haven't forgotten me. Have you?" The being said.

"I am sorry your highness. I do not remember. But I know who you are. At the very least." Twilight admitted.

The being looked kind of sad at the statement, "Who am I?"

"You are the great god. The god that created Luna, Moon and Celestia. Lauren Faust." Twilight said with a soft smile.

Lauren smiled, "That is correct. And although you do not remember. This isn't the first time you visited this altar. You visited this one, during one of the many visits to this church."

"That I faintly remember. However it got buried under the extreme negativity during that time." Twilight admitted.

"Yes. I tried to help you. Get rid of those emotions. You said no." Lauren said, Twilight jerked up surprised, but gave her a soft smile.

"That was perhaps the best answer of my life. I can now finally move on at the very least." Twilight admitted.

"I can tell, my child. You wish to not be forgiven? Well I am afraid you do not have such a choice. Every pony that moved on, gave you their forgiveness. They saw the pain that you gave yourself, however they did not lie. They truly forgave you. Something that surprised even me." Lauren said smiling.

"Why? Is it because I was a child?" Twilight asked surprisingly angrily.

"Among other reason. But yes. Though most forgave you after you personally buried everyone and build a church in their honor." Lauren explained.

Twilight smiled at the church, "I see."

"Hm?" Lauren said surprised at the lack of response.

"I thank you for your service. Please see to it, that they receive the best after life or future life they may receive. I am pleased that my church had such an effect." Twilight said smiling. As she lit up her horn.

Lauren took a step back. Only to watch in awe as Twilight created an exact replica of her holy being from a piece of summoned rock. Twilight then shrunk the rock, to be hoof size. She placed it on a small summoned pedestal and placed it on the altar.

Twilight smiled, "It's time to wake up. Thank you Lauren Faust. May the after life be with you."

Twilight proceeded to walk forwards. The doors open before her, and before walking out she turns around. She smiled, "Thank you." And walked through the doors.'

Twilight woke up fully remembering her dream. Only to find a crying Luna and Moon in her room. Twilight smiled as she gave both an hug.

"That... That was..." Moon said lost for words.

"Mom." Luna finished as she cried loudly.

"There, there." Twilight said, as she looked out the window she saw the moon out still.

"Luna. You haven't lowered the moon." Twilight commented.

Luna was however fully distracted. The Moon was too stunned. Causing Twilight to sigh. As she lit her horn. As she was about to show, just how powerful she technically was.

A purple glow surrounded the moon, much to Celestia's surprise as she was about to lower it herself. She watched Twilight basically lower the moon with perfect accuracy without any training, nor knowing the spell itself. Twilight had basically lowered the moon without any problems.

Celestia was basically stumped, since that would never normally occur. Confused she sent a letter to her student in Ponyville. In the meantime, Twilight finally woke the two princesses up from their shock.

"Sorry you had to see that." Luna admitted blushing.

"Yeah..." Moon said still slightly distracted.

"Good. Now go home. Don't you have an audience to get to?" Twilight asked with a raised eyebrow.

Luna jumped up, "Yes. Lets go back home." she said to Moon as she teleported both of them home.

Twilight exited her room and found Spike cooking food in the kitchen, the smell was incredible. However right now, Twilight need to do something else. Normally she would have opened the cafe since its Monday, but Twilight wasn't ready. No right now, something far more important needed to happen.

"Spike I will delay the opening to tomorrow. Besides Ditzy, I need to go to Canterlot. There is something I need to do." Twilight explained.

"I know. I had a feeling you might say that. So Ditzy came especially early. I told her the inns and outs of working here. Just go. We will open in your absence." Spike explained.

"Yeah!" Ditzy shouted in the background.

"Alright, and Spike?" Spike looked at Twilight.

"Yes?"

"Please make the menu today to be only hot drinks and sandwiches. I do not want to overwhelm our new employee." Twilight commented.

Spike and Ditzy smiled, "Alright, will do boss." Spike saluted before turning off the stove and heading towards the larder to get some flour to make bread.

"And Ditzy. Please restrict our guests to the terrace only. Since we do not want to overdo it." Twilight explained.

"Understood." Ditzy said before going out to open the terrace.

Twilight then proceeded to walk outside towards the train station. She saw Trixie waiting at the station, with a letter in her hooves. Clearly written in distress, from the smell of ink that she noticed coming from it. Nonetheless, Twilight greeted Trixie and headed into the train towards Canterlot.

"So... let me guess. It's about me lowering the moon. Correct?" Twilight asked knowingly.

Trixie smiled, "Yes. How did you do that?"

"I used the most inefficient spell for the job. I just used long distance high powered levitation magic on the entire moon to lower it." Twilight admitted.

Trixie blinked wide eyed for a moment, "You can do that?"

"Not normally. Unless you are almost as powerful as the entire moon itself. Or if you have three other unicorns with you. With other words, its normally impossible." Twilight said nonchalant.

"Then how did you do that?" Trixie asked confused.

"I guess I am just that powerful." Twilight said uninterested.

*"..." Trixie said nothing, instead she merely sweat dripped at the mention.

"Anyways. I had a really refreshing sleep for once. I am ready to go back to the slums to check up on an update. And also the thing I came there for."

"Oh? What are you planning?" Trixie asked looking suspicious towards Twilight.

"A barrier. Something to be put in place permanently. To prevent it from happening again." Twilight said as her eyes light up, you could see the slums from the train route towards Canterlot Primary Station. And since it was still early in the morning, the whole slums was lit up by the magic lights that was placed all over the slums.

"Wow. That is pretty!" Trixie said, as she momentarily forgot the question she just asked.

"I know right?" A certain blue pony with a old-school clock cutiemark said.

"You must be, Colgate. Right?" Twilight asked.

"That is me. Colgate. So what are you two doing, going towards the slums? If you could call it that..." Colgate asked.

"Well Twilight here wants to place a preventive barrier over the slums to avoid another disaster." Trixie mentioned.

"What about you then?" Colgate asked.

"I was merely going to accompany her. And also visit my parents bakery while I am here." Trixie admitted.

"I see. Well I am here on business. My parents recently started a second Canterlot branch of dental clinic inside the slums. Well nowadays ponies call this district. The poor knowledge district. Since most ponies here are just less smart in financial reasons. But Princess Celestia and Luna are making changes to help these ponies." Colgate explained.

"I see. That is such good news. I suppose that despite the terribleness of the disaster. Something good is coming from it." Trixie stated.

"I wasn't quite finished." Colgate said, "My girlfriend, Berry. Also said that this district is becoming a booming district. Since the zoning laws of the past don't matter in the poor knowledge district. The new district is rather new, and only appeared around the time of my birth. Meaning it's about as old as I am."

"And the smart ponies of the district decided to turn it into a incredible place. They build offices, housing and commercial on top of each other. Without regards to look. Turning a small part of Canterlot into a Manehattan like district. While keeping the wild nature of the slums." Twilight finished for Colgate.

"Exactly!" Colgate agreed. "However recently there has been concerns about weight distribution in the area. The nobles fear that the foundation won't hold."

Twilight then laughed loudly at the mention. "Don't worry. It cannot collapse."

"What do you mean?" Trixie asked.

"Simple. I build the foundation using Manehattan standards during the reconstruction of the slums. And that is besides me adding some magical enhancements as well. Not to mention in the center of the slums sits a small building. That is the reconstruction, maintenance and construction organization. I appointed them to keep the slums in perfect condition at all times." Twilight explained.

"Meaning?" Colgate asked.

"The only times, the nobles should be worried. Is whether or not the building isn't leaning too much. Only then should you be worried. But that organization knows that." Twilight said.

"Ladies and Gentlecolts. We are arriving at Canterlot Primary Station. When leaving the train, do not forget your bags. This train will continue to-**" The intercom explained, but Twilight droned out the last part.

"Well, here we are. How about we join you to the district, Colgate?" Twilight suggested.

"Sure. The more the merrier." Colgate said happily.

"Welp. Twilight this is the new slums." Trixie said in awe.

"Yup. And it seems they have been thriving like I hoped all those years ago." Twilight said before a scene of utmost beauty.

Author's Note:

Book 1: Refusal.
Book 2: Denial.
Book 3: Understanding.
Book 4: Acceptance.
Truly a wonderful conclusion to that part of Twilight's life.

For anyone wondering, Technically all my books share the same multiverse. So all the Twilight Sparkles are powerful in my multiverse.

To be continued.

*I really wanted Trixie to say "Bruh." But chose not to do that. It would take away from the story to an degree.
** "To Night Sparkle Village." This name is the name to a village of one of the books I am still developing.