• Published 13th Jul 2021
  • 921 Views, 55 Comments

The Way of the Play - PonyPixel



The School of Friendship is having a second play and it should go better than it's first one. Right?

  • ...
1
 55
 921

A Heart to Hear

The next morning arrived, the sun was already shining its rays, Silverstream still seemed completely out of character for some reason. Her friends were trying to talk to her, especially Gallus, but still, no response. After waking up from her slumber, she stood up, opened the door, and slowly trotted around the school barely muttering one word. Her friends were already feeling concerned and trying to figure out what the problem was.

Gallus, Smolder, Ocellus, Sandbar, and Yona were at the canteen eating their breakfast. As they ate, they chat about the episode yesterday. There’s still no conclusion. They wanted to talk to her. “Did anyone else talk to her last night?” Gallus asked.

“Not from what I saw,” Smolder responded with a concerned sigh. “She just flew swiftly into our dorm and laid on her bed. Not to mention hearing the crying muffles from her.”

Gallus sighed. “That’s just great! There should be a reason why she’s feeling blue.”

“Maybe it’s somebody she met on the way back,” Sandbar guessed. “You think?”

“Yona don’t know,” Yona replied, “but who wants hippogriffs to be upset?”

“You’re telling me. Maybe it wasn't someone who talked to her,” Ocellus guessed. None of them could think of a logical reason why Silverstream would be upset.

“We’ll find out soon,” Gallus spoke up, “if she’s comfortable with herself, then we’ll get the answers.” They nodded and continued eating their meals.

Meanwhile, some of the students who’re doing rehearsals are improving themselves, such as Pate. He went through the flashcards he had read and memorized as his breakfast was starting to get cold. Shimmy Shake, who was beside him, tapped his shoulder to make him look up to her. “Pate, are you sure you want to have a warm breakfast?” the cheerleader asked.

Pate looked down at his breakfast and set aside his flashcards, realizing what she’s talking about. “Sorry,” he chuckled, “I was focusing on these flashcards. And guess what, I'm finally getting the hang of it, I'm now having an easier time remembering my lines.”

“That's great. I'm glad that works out. Anything else bothering you?”

“Nope, none so far.”

Tanzanite sat beside the changeling as he had overheard the conversation. “I see you're getting better at your part, right?” he questioned.

“Yes,” he replied. “Why do you ask?"

“I've been given some information, saying that my acting is… flat. You know what that means?”

“It means your acting isn't believable,” Shimmy Shake replied. “It sounds like you're reading the question to a test instead of playing a character.”

“Uh-huh. Sandbar told me about that. Do you have any idea how I could get better into character?”

Shimmy thought for a minute before she responded. “I do have a few ideas. So, listen carefully.” She began explaining several different methods of getting into character, to which Tanz started writing them down on the notepad he brought with him.

Coral was passing by when she overheard about the methods. “Hello. You guys talking about getting into character?” she asked.

“Yep, I’ve already written some down.” Tanz showed the methods that Shimmy Shake had told him to the hippogriff.

“If you wanted some acting tips, couldn’t you ask Diamond Shine?” Pate asked.

“Be honest, Pate, would you really trust her from the chocolate bar incident?” Coral asked.

“…Yeah. Fair point.” Coral sat and chatted with the group hoping that she would have a better performance. Then they looked over to Silverstream and invited her to sit with them, but the hippogriff just lowered her head, ignored them, and walked away.

“What's wrong with her?” Tanz asked.

“I have no clue,” Shimmy Shake admitted. “It might be something bad.”

“You have no clue either?” Smolder questioned. She had walked over to them as she was trying to get to talk with Silverstream.

“No. What happened?”

Smolder sighed. “Alright, let me explain the whole thing…” She then explained the whole mystery about the depressed hippogriff.


While most students were enjoying themselves, Silverstream was still down in the dumps, and she was lacking the energy she was usually known for. Nobody could understand why she was like this all of a sudden. Many students, and even the teachers, tried asking her what was wrong, but the bubbly enthusiastic hippogriff wasn't in the mood to talk. Of course, when they weren't given answers, creatures were beginning to make rumors and hypotheses, trying to find themselves the answers. They began gossiping with each other, even when it was rehearsal time again.

Pyther was talking with Emerald and Peridot, who were helping to reapply the green dye to her scales. They’re still thinking about the said rumors about Silverstream, and at the same time, feeling concerned for her.

“Say girls,” Pyther said to the twins, “You think she got a letter about a family disaster? Maybe that’s the reason why she’s like that.”

“I doubt it,” Emerald admitted, “The time she went from happy-go-lucky to depressed doesn't work, since the mail comes in the afternoon at the latest.”

“She’s right. Maybe it could be something like ruining those accessories,” Peridot guessed.

“You mean Yona and Sandbar getting furious at her?” Pyther asked. “All because of those damaged accessories?”

“Yona wasn't angry at her!” Yona boldly stated. She had overheard the conversation and was quick to shoot down their theory. “Silverstream just leave headband for Yona to fix with tie, then went to bedroom.”

“…Oh, I see,” Emerald said. She then saw Rarity walking over to them.

“Girls, it’s not a good time to spread rumors about that,” Rarity informed. “Focus on what you are doing.”

“Yes, Ms. Rarity,” the dragons responded.

“Now, Yona, we still have a few more outfits to work on. Come along.” The mare and yak walked away to leave the dragons to finish with their dye.

Yona still wanted answers. “Why is Silverstream upset?” she asked.

“I wish I knew, Yona. If we don't find out what's bothering her, we can't help her.” Yona sighed as she was frustrated with a lack of answers.

Gallus and Smolder were fed up too. They had been going around to other students asking them if they had done or said anything to upset their friend. So far, they haven’t gotten their answers. They just got ‘not me’, ‘I didn’t do it’, and ‘nope’ as their replies. That’s when they got to Gus, who was talking with Sunshine at the moment. He saw them walking towards him and Sunshine. The cranky griffon already knew what they’re going to say to him, so he spoke first.

“Hold up,” Gus said, halting them with his palm raised in front of them, “Before you say anything, I didn't do anything to Silverstream. I don't mess with other creatures unless they do something to tick me off.”

“Alright then,” Gallus said. “But did you at least see her before she was sad?”

“Nope, not really. I haven't seen her before this morning.”

“Same here,” Sunshine spoke. “Gus here has been trying to help keep me from stage fright.”

“And how’s that going for ya?" Smolder asked.

“It’s alright,” Gus replied. “I'm trying to get him to think of methods like having him pretend that there’s nobody there, or if he freezes, I'm going to do something that could blow up the school.”

Sunshine, Gallus, and Smolder just froze still when he just said something about blowing up the school. “You say what now?” Smolder said with a lowered eyebrow.

“I’m just kidding, alright?” There was a bit of silence as Gallus and Smolder proceeded with what they were told. “And yeah, that goes as well as you think. We stopped trying to use that idea.”

“Great,” the blue griffon noted. He turned his attention back to his dragon friend. “Alright, who else should we ask?”

“Have you talked to Diamond Shine?”

“We tried, but we haven't seen her since lunch,” Smolder informed. “Even then, Garry spilled some soda on our seats. Which was as fun as you could imagine.”

“Again? Well, I’ll be damned. If he does that with me, I'll duct-tape cups of hot water to his woodpecker beak.”

“…We're going to hear about you in the news one day, are we?” Gallus asked.

“Yes, you are.”

“Hold on a minute. How about we do something that'll keep us out of trouble?” Sunshine suggested, worried about Gus.

“Sure.” Gus then turned to Gallus and Smolder. “Good luck with your investigation, fellas.” With that, Gus left to calm himself down with Sunshine as Gallus and Smolder walked away.

“We can’t keep this up, Gallus,” Smolder disappointedly noted. “There’s no way we can find how Silverstream felt sad in the first place. We’ll have to get dressed a little bit for our scene."

“Look, Smolder, just one more student,” Gallus begged. “If Silver keeps up her sluggish attitude, she might…” Gallus paused as he saw Diamond Shine watching the propper being finished up. He then pointed this out to Smolder and quickly formed a plan. “Go around the other side of the school to corner her.” The dragoness gave a thumbs up and flew away, while her friend went to get the jump on the crystal pony.

Diamond Shine wasn't allowed to act in the play and was given to help with the clean-up as an additional punishment. She was waiting for the scraps to be thrown in a cart when she saw a blue griffon from behind sneaking towards her. As he got closer, she started walking away, but she saw Gallus was still following her. Thus, she ran inside and the griffon kept chasing her.

“Just stop running and this could be so easy!” Gallus cried. Diamond Shine didn't listen and kept on running. She would try to get to another exit, and that’s where Smolder is, she stood in front of her, forcing the mare to stop. Gallus caught up and locked her in a corner. “You really enjoy making things harder than they need to be, huh!?”

“You were the one who started chasing me,” Diamond Shine proclaimed.

“Just answer the question,” Smolder angrily yelled. “Did you speak with Silverstream yesterday?” Diamond Shine was a little concerned about this and didn't answer. Her silence was good enough of an answer with her facial expressions.

"What did you say to her?" Gallus asked, with flames in his eyes.

“Do you think I care…”

“Answer the question, wise guy,” Smolder ordered while she pinched the mare’s ear, which caused a little bit of pain. “You’re the only one we haven’t talked to yet.”

“Ow! Ow! Ow! Okay, fine. I'm only going to explain this once. JUST PUT ME DOWN!” And so, Smolder stopped pinching her ear and let her release to explain.

“Go ahead,” Gallus exclaimed, “speak up! What do you do to her?”

“Alright… It goes like this…”


Earlier that night, Silverstream was making a beeline for the School of Friendship with the wet tie and a damaged headband in her talons. She was in a rush, and she didn’t notice a sulking Diamond Shine until she crashed straight into her. After the two recovered, the crystal pony was nowhere near happy.

“Watch where you're going!” Diamond Shine groaned.

“Sorry,” Silverstream apologized. “I'm in such a hurry.” She looked around and found the tie that she had dropped and looked for her headband. Diamond Shine found it first and was confused.

“Can I ask? What were you doing with these?”

“I… got too excited and I thought Gallus and I could go for a swim. I’m trying to salvage them or at least get... I can't leave him on our date."

“Hold up, you two… dating? Like for real?”

“Yeah. It's pretty nice.”

“Really? But he said you were going to be in the lead role just so I couldn't.”

“What are you talking about?”

Diamond Shine smirked. “You're being used. Gallus hasn't kissed you yet, has he?” The hippogriff shook her head, which added to the mare's amusement. “You think that he's going to be dating you after this?”

“Of course he would. We... We've been friends for two years already.”

“Then how come it's taken him this long to ask you out?” Silverstream was about to tell her about Yona & Sandbar, but the crystal pony spoke first. “I think it might also be because you're not the brightest creature in Equestria.”

Hearing that phrase made Silverstream freeze and stutter. “W… What do you mean?”

“I've heard about things like Poison Joke. You just shoved that stuff in your friends’ faces.” Silverstream remembered how she and her friends suffered from the effects of Poison Joke. “Plus, you are super obsessed over stairs. They're everywhere, like over there, and that one… and that one. What's the big deal about them? What’s so special about stairs for you?”

Silverstream seemed to have lost her confidence and was now at the break of crying. Tears were seen flowing out of her eyes. “Gallus is only doing this so I can't be the lead role. Something that'll be tossed aside once the show's over.”

At the breaking point, Silverstream flew off crying, making an almost loud whining sound. She dropped off the accessories at Yona's dorm before flying to her room to cry on her bed.


After hearing this, Gallus and Smolder were super furious. They’ve finally found out why. “Oh my goodness! You. Are. The Worst,” Smolder growled through clenched teeth.

“As tempting as it is to smash you around like a ragdoll,” Gallus said, “There are more important things. Not including speaking to you. Come on Smolder.” The two left her to herself, but not before Smolder made a gesture that she would keep an eye on her.

Silverstream didn't want to go on stage. The other scenes were practiced during this, leaving the hippogriff in her slump. She had yet to tell anyone why she was like this and they were burning daylight in the process. Gallus and Smolder soon approached her.

“Silver!” Smolder called, which made her perk up. “Silver!” Silverstream then turned around to see Smolder and Gallus stepping towards her. “Silver, we know what she said to you.” The hippogriff looked rather surprised from what she heard.

“She only said that because she can't be in the play anymore,” Gallus added. Silverstream didn't like what she had heard from Diamond Shine and it seemed there was something else on her mind. “Come on Silver, she's a spoiled brat. Forget about her.”

Silverstream tried smiling, but she was still upset about something. Her friends both looked at each other, still wondering how they could help her. Even with what they said, Silverstream still didn't have enough energy to play the role of Golden Aura. Because of this, none of the scenes she was in could be done. Since Golden Aura was in a major part of the play, there weren't too many scenes they could practice.

Gallus and Smolder explained what they had found out to the other students, who were now angrier at Diamond Shine. It was only a matter of time until Starlight and the Professors found out. Because of this, the rehearsals were going to be cut short until Silverstream’s spirits were better. Now that they knew what was wrong, her friends could think of something to cheer her up.

“So, how about this, you think we just have to pull a pool party?” Smolder questioned.

“Yeah. That could work,” Sandbar said, and then turned to Gallus. “By the way, Gallus, did Silverstream use her pearl shard on you?”

“No, only on herself,” Gallus noted. “I’m worried to find out what it does to me.”

“Gallus needs to be loyal boyfriend,” Yona stated. “If Silverstream curious, Gallus must join in.”

“So, trying to cheer up your girlfriend after a brat talk down to her doesn't count?”

“Hey, this isn't the best time to argue,” Sandbar stated. “If Silverstream stays down in the dumps, she can't perform for the play.”

“Sandbar's right,” Ocellus noted. “Besides, I don't think we all need to swim with Silverstream. Just one of us has to.” They all looked towards Gallus, who could see where this was going.

“Okay, what’ll I have to do?”


Later that day, Silverstream was slowly strolling around Ponyville. She didn't say anything to the ponies that passed her. A few of them had seen the hippogriff's excitement, and they were puzzled as to why she was looking so down. Gallus wasn't too far behind and quickly flew beside his sad friend.

“Silver, we need to talk,” he said. The hippogriff just sighed as she only glanced at him. Gallus flew in front of his friend and landed to block her path, making Silverstream stop. “Please, Silver, you can't keep acting like this! Just talk to me. I'm worried about you. I know what Diamond said was ungrateful, but… something else has to be wrong. Tell me!”

The hippogriff looked down at the ground before looking back up to her friend and speaking. “Gallus,” she said softly, “Am I dumb?”

This confused Gallus a little bit. “What are you talking about?”

Silverstream took a minute to gather her words. “She said I made mistakes in the past and... I took some time to think about that. I infected us with Poison Joke, I made everyone worry about me when I went to the Everfree Forest when there were cockatrices everywhere. Not to mention... the Storm King.” This one seemed to upset her as she looked like she’s about to cry.

Gallus placed his claw on her shoulder. “How about we sit down and talk?” Silverstream nodded and the two walked away and sat down on a nearby bench so they could have a proper conversation. “Tell me, what do you mean by this?”

Silverstream sighed and started speaking. “What I”m saying is… Diamond’s right.” She held both claws onto her face, covering her teary eyes. “I make things worse when I get excited, and others have to clean up my mistakes. What’s worse, some creatures get hurt when I do it. Maud’s boyfriend got turned to stone when I went to research cockatrices.”

“Yeah, but he already turned back to normal. Right?”

“He did, but… it wouldn't have happened if I didn't make everypony panic. Even then, it's not as bad as the Storm King.” Tears began to form in Silverstream's eyes, which Gallus helped wipe away.

“It wasn't your fault. They said that book wasn't supposed to be at the library. We already destroyed it, so he won't come back again.” This was cheering Silverstream up a little bit, but she still kept thinking about her mistakes. Gallus looked over to a bridge that was crossing over a river. “You know, our friends thought we’d try something to cheer you up.” He pointed to the river which made Silverstream curious. “Wanna go for a swim?”

This seemed to brighten up her spirits given the smile on Silverstream's face. “Really? Sure, I love to!” She looked down at her pearl shard and held it in her talon.

“Go for it. I've been curious too.” Now, Silverstream was excited. She and Gallus flew over to the river and flew above it. Both of them took deep breaths as she held her pearl shard. Closing their eyes, a flash surrounded them and they felt themselves splash into the water.

Opening his eyes, Gallus could see Silverstream as a seapony floating in front of him. Gallus himself felt different and looked down at where his talons should be. Instead, he saw yellow fins that looked like blunt spearheads. He felt his face, noticed that he had missed his beak, and instead had a muzzle similar to Silverstream’s, though it was more fit for a male. Not to mention, all of his feathers had been replaced with scales. On top of his head, his crest looked thicker as they were fins now. Speaking of fins, Gallus’s wings were now clear fins almost like Silverstream’s, except his were thinner and longer. A dorsal fin now stuck out of his back, along with two smaller fins sticking out where his hind legs would be. Lastly, a long seapony tail with a matching shape to Silverstream was on the end of him, though it kept the color of his old tail tip. What’s weird is that he was able to breathe underwater. Gallus never had felt this.

Silverstream had a better look at his body than he did, and she was beaming. “Oh, Gallus! You look so adorable!” she cheered. She swam up and hugged her boyfriend, who was still processing his new body.

“This is… kind of what I expected,” he admitted with a chuckle.

“It makes sense to me. Hippogriffs are half griffon, so, naturally, you look so similar to me. You almost look like a shark, or maybe a dolphin.” Silverstream swam away from Gallus to give him some space. He tried swimming around a bit, but it looked like he was fish out of water. He just flopped his tail around, while he tried paddling with his arms as if he was still a griffon.

“Ugh, how do you swim like this? This tail felt weird.”

“Hold on, let me help you.” Silverstream swam up beside her friend who’s struggling. She began instructing him how a seapony swam. Once informed, Gallus started swimming slowly and steadily down the river with Silverstream by his side. After getting the hang of it, the two began picking up speed. Then they started playing around once Silverstream looped around Gallus.

“That was neat, let me try that,” Gallus said. He started around Silverstream the same way she did to him. He was a little bit slow and even with his carefulness, he still bumped into the seapony. “Gah, sorry!”

“It’s alright,” she said with a grin. “This is your first swim as a different creature.”

Both of them then stuck their heads out of the river and could see there was another bridge. Ponies were walking across it, and some stood by the railing. Silverstream got excited and quickly swam towards it pretty fast. She first dove underwater, gave her tail a boost, and jumped out of the water to leap over the bridge, astonishing some ponies that were walking nearby. Once she dove back into the river on the other side, Gallus caught up with her.

“Wow!” Gallus exclaimed in awe. “That was amazing! I didn’t think you could do that.”

“Thanks, I've been wanting to do that for ages. How cool was it?”

“Very!” Gallus looked back at the bridge and was wanting to try what he just saw. “Let me try that.”

And so he did, dove underwater gave his tail a boost, and jumped out of the water, but instead of leaping over, he bumped his head onto the bottom of the deck. Silverstream knew that was going to happen. Since he failed to do that, he backed down.

“I'm sure you'll get the hang of it. Come on, let’s keep swimming.” The two carried on down the river underwater, with Gallus getting better at swimming along the way. Silverstream kept looking at Gallus’s new form and kept thinking how cute he was.

“Gallus?”

“Yes?”

“How does it feel to have a muzzle instead of a beak?”

“It's... pretty weird. I mean... How was it for you the first time?”

“You mean going between the beak and the muzzle?” Gallus nodded. “You get used to it after a while. It's like blinking.” She swam a little closer to Gallus and placed her fin against his muzzle. Both of them stopped in the process. “Ooh… It's soooo soft.”

“Please, don't touch me.”

“Sorry, I couldn't resist. You know, you’re not as soft without your feathers.”

“That's what happens when you're a fish creature.”

Silverstream snickered. “Maybe for us. Dolphins aren't fish, they're mammals. Though, I think you could be part shark right now since you don't have a blowhole.” Gallus scratched the back of his neck as he didn't know how a hole in the back of his head would feel like.

As the two began swimming around for a little bit as they both had questions to ask the other. “What kind of sea creatures have you seen in Seaquestria?”

“Let's see, dolphins, sea turtles, clownfish, angelfish, jellyfish. I haven't seen any kind of sharks though.”

“Maybe that's a good thing since they’re the threat.”

“Yeah, you're right.”

Gallus began to wonder how far they swam. So, he poked his head out of the water and saw they were on the outskirts of Ponyville. He dove back under so he could tell Silverstream where they were and they stopped. They dove back up again and looked at the town which was pretty far now. “Wow,” she said with amusement in her eyes “we made some good progress.”

“No kidding.” The two climbed onto the riverbank with their tails still resting in the water. Looking up to see that the sun was starting to see, they still had some questions for one another. “Say, have you ever wanted a cutie mark if you’re a pony?”

“Oh yes! If I were, then that'd be cool.”

“Right then. If you do have a cutie mark, what would it look like?”

Silverstream thought about this for about a minute. There were so many possible designs she would want, but she could only have one design by the sound of Gallus's question. “I think... if I could only pick one... it’d be water running down a flight of stairs.” The seaponized griffon chuckled as he knew she'd pick something relating to water or stairs. “What would you have as a cutie mark?”

Gallus hadn't exactly thought about having a cutie mark. He knew that Ocellus could probably have any cutie mark she wanted, and Silverstream would love to have one, but for him... he wasn't entirely sure. He thought about it for a minute, yet he couldn't come up with anything. “No idea. How about if you could be a different species?”

“Oh, that's an easy one. I'd be a changeling! They can shapeshift just like us, expect, we only turned to seaponies instead of any creature.”

“Yeah, they're pretty good. If I were a different creature, I'd be a dragon though. Strong, tough, and can survive all kinds of heat.”

“Don't forget fire breath.”

“Ah, yeah. That's probably one of the coolest parts. Man, I'd be such a cool dragon.”

“You think I'd be a good changeling?”

“If it needs a lot of energy, I'm sure you'd be perfect for a cute changeling.” Silverstream squealed with joy as she could only imagine what she could do as a changeling. Then she realized what Gallus said.

“Did you say that I'd be cute?”

Gallus blushed a little bit as he realized what he had said. “…Um… What I meant to say was…” He was caught off guard when Silverstream used her pearl shard to turn them back into griffs. Just before he could take in that his beak was back, the hippogriff hugged him tightly and started nuzzling him.

“Eeeeh, you admitted it! You don't have to be shy, my bluebird.” She nuzzled the griffon’s cheek until he started pushing her back a little bit. “Ah, Gallus, come on. Your feathers are so soft.”

“I know, but… a bit of a warning next time, please?”

“S... Sorry.” Silverstream covered her face with her wing as she looked to be a little upset now. Gallus was confused and tried to reach for her until the hippogriff stood up.

“Hey, Silver, come on, I didn't mean to offend you.” Gallus stood up as Silverstream explained herself.

“These are the types of things that Diamond might be right about. I just do things without thinking. I'm such an idiot.”

“That's nowhere near close.” Gallus made his friend turn around and look her in the eye, with his face close to hers. “You're one of the happiest creatures I've ever met. You're smarter than you think. You didn't hesitate to save Yona when she was drowning, you helped with random families after we were called by the map, and, heck, you tamed a cockatrice!" Silverstream smiled a bit which made Gallus happy. “I’m here for you, no matter what.”

“I needed that. Thanks, Gally.” She simply leaned against the griffon while blushing. Gallus then had an idea and told his date about it.

“Treasure chest.”

Silverstream looked at him, confused, almost like he had a third eye. “What? Is there a treasure chest somewhere?” She then looked around to see what he’s talking about.

“No,” he said with a chuckle. “I mean a treasure chest for a cutie mark. It has a double meaning. It could hold gems and bits, but it could stand for treasured memories. Like the ones we make right now.” The two love birds both smiled at each other. Both had their heads touched with each other, and Silverstream started leaning in. Gallus did the same thing and both of them embraced in a warm hug. Not just a warm embrace, they did what they haven’t done before: they kissed with passion. They did it!


Night time was almost on the horizon. The two made their way back to the school by flying while holding each other’s talons. Silverstream nuzzled against her boyfriend while talking lovey-dovey.

“Ah, Gally, you such a great griffon,” she cooed.

“And you're a lovable guppy,” Gallus cooed back.

They made their way down the hall passing a couple of the students, who were impressed with them. They soon went into the library and found Smolder and Ocellus having their study session.

“Hey,” Smolder greeted, “how are you two doing?”

“Great!” Silverstream cried, before realizing that libraries were kept quiet.

“So, I'm guessing that talk went well, did it?” Ocellus guessed. She could taste the love in the air.

“Sure did.” Silverstream hugged Gallus tightly before planting a kiss on his cheek, which made him blush.

“Oh, it’s so sweet that you're dating now. Plus, you’re looking a lot better than before.”

“She sure is,” Gallus noted. He nuzzled the happy hippogriff as Smolder wanted to ask something.

“You two aren't going to shower each other in nicknames, are you?” the dragoness asked.

“The only one Silver's come up with is bluebird. I haven't anything for her other than guppy.” Silverstream blushed after he said that. “Anyways, what happened to Diamond Shine?”

“Headmare Starlight ripped her a new one.”

“Aw, already. I didn't even get to say ‘Dead mare walking’.”

“Does it make you better or worse knowing that Moss said it?”

“Hmm, a little bit better. Do you guys know where Sandbar and Yona are? We want to tell them about this.”

“Friends found out already,” Yona called. She and Sandbar had entered the library and sat down beside their friends.

“We're glad you're feeling better, Silverstream,” Sandbar said.

“Me too,” Silverstream responded. “Sorry I delayed the play.”

“It's okay. We should be able to make up for the lost time. I’m sure your emotional state is more important than a show.” That made the hippogriff feel better. Just then, they could hear some voices outside of the library. Silverstream went out of the library to see Tanzanite and Coral.

“I just can't seem to get it,” Tanzanite groaned. He and Coral walked past the doorway of the library, holding their scripts.

“We've already tried half of Shimmy's methods,” Coral groaned as she dusted off some snow that was caught in her feathers. “Guess we’re not going to try method acting again.” Silverstream flew up behind them and got their attention. “Oh, Silverstream, you look better than you did earlier.”

“Yeah, Gallus helped me with that,” Silverstream responded. “What are you two doing?”

“We're trying our best to get into our characters,” Tanz explained. “Not doing very well though.”

“Maybe I could help. It would make up for how I was during rehearsals.”

“Ooh! That'd be great,” Coral said. "Okay, how about we try my scene first. It should be short. I only have one scene with Gallus.”

“Did someone call me?” the blue griffon asked.

“Ooh, Gallus, can you help us out?” Silverstream asked.

“I’d love to,” Gallus said. The teens began walking and talking down the hallway with the two love birds holding each other's talons again.