• Published 13th Jul 2021
  • 922 Views, 55 Comments

The Way of the Play - PonyPixel



The School of Friendship is having a second play and it should go better than it's first one. Right?

  • ...
1
 55
 922

Dancing & Dating

Later that night, everyone is already at the cafeteria to have their dinner. Another day, another rehearsal has finished. Pyther and Coral had gotten their bowls of soup and looked for a place to sit. They found Diamond Shine resting her head on one of the tables after burning herself out with her fuming tantrum. The two friends whispered between each other.

“Should we sit with her?” the hippogriff asked. “I felt bad for her.”

“I wouldn’t,” Pyther asked. “She’s still mad, but her body just keeps up now.” They looked to sit somewhere else as Sandbar sat with Yona, Smolder, and Ocellus. They both noticed that two of their friends were missing.

“Say,” Ocellus asked, “have you guys seen Gallus or Silverstream?”

“Yona think they go to the treehouse,” Yona spoke.

“They should’ve been back by now,” Sandbar noted. “It’s already dinner.”

He looked the door out of the cafeteria and could see Gallus and Silverstream flying towards them. The girls looked and they all saw both of them were holding each other’s talons. They both went to get their meals while they had a chat with each other.

“I think you’d be a great Wonderbolt,” Gallus noted. “Not too sure that I’d be interested in it.”

“Why not?” Silverstream asked. “You’ve already got the colors.”

“Yeah, I noticed that, but I think it’s just fine having you as a Wonderbolt. It’ll make you more special.” While she wanted her friend to join her in a future scenario, it would be nice to be special. Eventually, they got what they wanted to eat and sat down at the table where her friends were sitting.

Ocellus decided to speak up first. “How are you two doing?” she asked.

“Great,” the hippogriff responded. “Gallus and I had such a great time together. We talked about things we’d like to share along with flying around. I can’t believe we lost track of time.”

“So, you guys are dating now?” Smolder asked.

Gallus knew something like this would happen. He could see the smirk on the dragon's face. “…You can say that,” he responded.

“Ooh, maybe we can have special triple date plans.”

“How does triple date work?” Yona asked.

“Maybe some kind of event like the Pony Pal dance. Or maybe even a pool party!” Sandbar scooted closer to Gallus and whispered something.

“So, did the date go well?” the colt asked.

“Better than I thought," Gallus quietly admitted. "Kind of disappointed I didn't find out what happens when the pearl shard is used on a griffon. Plus... We haven't kissed yet.”

“Uh-huh. Just give it some more time.”

“Hope I have enough of it because we need to get that kissing scene down.”

The boys noticed that the girls hadn't heard what they said and just kept acting naturally. Silverstream was about to have her meal if it wasn't for Tarsi swooping in and snatching the tray away from her. The orange changeling sniffed the soup she had and even grabbed a spoon to taste test it.

“Hey!” Silverstream exclaimed. “What are you think you’re doing?”

“Testing for peanuts,” Tarsi explained. “I know you’re allergic to that stuff.” She then proceeded to place the tray back down in front of the hippogriff before flying off to get her a fresh spoon.

"...That was weird."

"She's being overly cautious since you ate that peanut bar," Ocellus guessed.

"Yeah, I should've checked where Diamond Shine got that bar. What’d you think's going to happen to her?”

“Probably being given the work nobody else wants to do for the play,” Gallus guessed. “I'm surprised she didn't get expelled, even though she has stayed here for a while now.” The friends shrugged this off and continued with their meals with Silverstream joining in as soon as Tarsi brought her new spoon over.


The next morning, during classes, the friends could see Silverstream showing her affection to her new boyfriend. Mostly by hold Gallus's talon, leaning against him, or even just nuzzling him. Gallus tried to play it cool, even with his blushing. There was still one thing they had to practice before they performed the play for real. As for Diamond Shine, not a lot of the students wanted to talk to her. While she didn't know about Silver's allergies at the time, the fact she had laced sneezing powder on the bar, with the addition of the sandbags she set loose, she could've been compared to other ponies such as the Flim Flam Brothers or even Cozy Glow. The only students that were willing to communicate with her were Pyther and Coral, who weren't happy with what she did.

The afternoon arrived, and all students were outside to continue their rehearsals for the play. Except, Diamond Shine was kicked out of her role, because… you know. Pyther and Coral were practicing their roles when the crystal pony approached her friends, they let her know how they felt.

“In what way did you think would happen to give that candy bar to Silverstream?” Coral asked.

Diamond Shine tried to speak except she wasn’t able to think of a good reason. Fortunately, Pyther spoke for her. “You were trying to get her sick so you could be Golden Aura, were you?” the dragoness questioned.

“…Yes,” the pony admitted sheepishly.

Neither one of her friends was happy with this bit of information. “Can you give us one reason why we should help you now?” Diamond Shine simply shook her head. “Thought so.”

“Okay, Diamond, I know you wanted that part, but you've got to have standards.” Diamond didn't have anything to defend herself and just watched her friends walk away to do other things. The young mare kicked the wall in frustration, though she had only herself to blame.

Meanwhile, Rarity had gotten to work on Silverstream's dress. She was putting the final touches on it so it wouldn't be at risk of falling apart. Silverstream is simply waiting for the dress to be finished as she saw a sketch on Rarity's notepad. It looked to be a suit for Gallus while he was in his monster outfit. She was about to question what it was until Rarity turned to her.

“Silverstream, I've heard about what happened,” the mare spoke. "Are you feeling alright?"

“I'm fine, thank you,” the hippogriff stated. "Is that Gallus's outfit?"

“Absolutely. It's the one he wears as the prince before the curse and also after it's lifted.” Rarity checked the color of the thread to make sure she had the right colors for Gallus's outfit. The blue griffon even flew over to see how the outfits were coming along. Silverstream was a little confused why he didn't have his monster outfit on.

“I was going to help practice the first scene where I tick off the wrong creature,” Gallus informed. “We’re doing it because Headmare Starlight wants us to practice the 'transformation' scene." He looked over to see some of the unicorn students practicing different types of light shows. Gallus and Silverstream watched them levitate some colored powder that was provided for them. It was certainly very nice to look at and the golden color would be perfect for the monster's reformation.

“Wow,” Silverstream gasped. “That was amazing. How's the curse spell suppose to look like?”

“We're about to find out,” Gallus replied. He flew to the stage where Sandbar, Ocellus, and Tanzanite were waiting for him. A royal looking throne was waiting for him and the griffon sat down in it. "You ready?"

“I am,” Tanz responded. “Coral, how about you?”

Coral was waiting off the stage as she wouldn't show up until later in this scene. She was reading her script as the role of the witch. “Ready when you are,” the hippogriff responded. She didn't feel quite ready. Coral had only just been given the script that day and had to catch up with the others. As she read her lines one more time, the scene began.

“Where's my present?” the griffon yelled in anger.

Sandbar, who was playing Light Touch, walked forward with a small wrapped present. “Your highness,” he spoke, “I hope you accept this gift from the humble…”

“Oh, just give it to me!” Without warning, the spoiled prince snatched the gift from the colt's hooves. He ripped through the paper and his excitement dissipated when he saw what was inside. “A book? You call this a present?” He tossed the book to the side as the staff had mixed feelings on this. Light Touch felt sad that his gift meant nothing to the prince, Clockwork, played by Tanz, just sighed as he was used to this behavior, while Ocellus, playing the part of Sweet Tea just scowled at this behavior.

The prince got up to see if there was another better present, except he got distracted by a knock on the door. “I wonder who that could be,” Clockwork questioned. The prince flew away ahead of anyone else as he didn't want any interruptions.

Coral quickly got into place as the prince opened a door to see her… standing. Kelpie was flying above them using a cloud to make it snow. Gallus looked at the hippogriff playing the role of the old lady, who didn't seem to be doing much. “Coral, start shivering,” Gallus whispered to her.

“What?” she asked.

“You're an old witch who's been out in the cold since sunset. Instead, you're just standing there.” While the hippogriff didn't like the griffon's criticism, she knew he was right. Coral looked over to Starlight, who knew the scene had already gone off the rails.

“Sorry, Headmare. Can we try this again? I’m not doing it right.”

“Sure,” the headmare responded. “Let’s try this again.” Gallus closed the door and Coral tried to shiver again. The griffon opened the door and looked down at her.

“Please take this rose in exchange for the bitter cold,” she said in the old lady’s crackled tone. While she just said this like she was placing an order at Sugarcube Corner, Gallus rolled with it.

“Pphhtt, I don't need some flower,” he scoffed. “Go away, you wretched old hag!” With that insult, he slammed the door. Coral just stood there trying to figure out how to act in this scene.

“Cut!” Starlight called. “Coral, I understand you're trying, but we have a lot of work to do. Just keep practicing.” The hippogriff nodded before the attention went back to Gallus. “As for you, Gallus, keep up to the good work.” The blue griffon grinned. Coral sighed as she knew she had to work on her character. “Now, Gallus, are you ready to try the transformation scene, where you become the monster?”

“Let her rip,” Gallus responded.

“Alright then. Bring in it!” The unicorn students walked in taking some baskets of different colors of powder. They began levitating some pink powder and Gallus. The powder swirled around his talons first then around his body for a little bit until the pink turned to black. His costume was being sneaked around so it could be placed on him. Firstly, they tried putting his wings on.

However, Gallus's wings were closed so the bat wings didn't have things to slip onto. Instead, they just slammed into his sides, knocking him out of place and causing the powder to get in his eyes. He cried out in pain and the unicorns quickly dropped him. The griffon's friends and Starlight quickly ran over to him. "Are you okay?" Sandbar asked.

“I've just… got some powder in my eye,” Gallus groaned. He tried rubbing the eye that the powder flew in, only it made things feel worse.

“Don’t scratch those eyes, wash it out with some water," Starlight suggested. "Go to the nurse's office." Gallus nodded and held his eye as he flew back to the school. Silverstream was feeling concerned about him and followed behind.

When the griffon got inside the school, he was surprised to see his friend beside him. “Silver, what are you doing?” he asked.

“I'm just making sure you make it to the nurse's office,” Silverstream stated.

“I've just got some powder in my eye. And it’s down the hall."

“… You wanted to make sure I was okay.”

“Well, that was an allergic reaction. I just need to wash it out.” Gallus's depth perception was a little off, thus when Silverstream took Gallus to the door, he bumped into it. Silverstream held his talon and guided him the rest of the way to the nurse's office.

While they were doing this, the other students were going to do their transformation scene as well. Just as a precaution, Gus had gotten some goggles for Sandbar, Tanzanite, Ocellus, and Sulcus to wear. "I question, where you get this stuff?” Tanz asked him.

“Some things are better left a mystery,” Gus noted. He walked away, leaving the students to take his advice.

Given his personality, it would be best not to question his actions. The unicorns prepared their powder and the costumes for the actors to slip into. The powder swirled around the four students, who were standing still for the test. When their costumes were slipped onto them some of the shirts managed to get one, but Tanz's caught on his horns and gave a surprise "RIP!"

The sound of ripping clothing made the students stop and the powder quickly fell to the floor and only part of the costumes was placed on the students. Sandbar pulled down his vest so he could see the damages done to Tanz's outfit. The sleeves had been rip, ruining the top half of the shirt. Rarity was alarmed. “Tanz, are you okay?” she questioned.

“I had worse,” the drake responded. He removed the ripped shirt causing as little damages as he could before handing it to his professor. Rarity sighed as she took the ripped clothing to the sewing station to be prepared. Tanz looked at the other actors, who seemed to have got their outfit on just fine. However, Ocellus and Sulcus could feel an itching sensation with something in between the fabric and their chitin.

"Ugh… What's with this powder?" Sulcus questioned.

"You guys feel itchy too?" Sandbar asked, feeling the same as them. Ocellus and Sulcus nodded. “Me too.”

Sunburst took notice of the students' discomfort and inspected the powder. He left some of it on his hoof and having it sit there felt a little irritating to him. “This powder is the issue, it’s itching powder,” he commented. Hearing this, the students began taking off their costumes and started brushing the powder off of them. “We won’t use this for the effects.”

“Then what else can we use?” Ocellus asked.

“Pure magic, perhaps.”

“But... we aren't that masterful in that,” November Rain, one of the unicorns, said.

“Exactly,” the red stallion unicorn added. “Just because we’re unicorns doesn’t mean we’re masterful in magic.” Rusty Wrench nodded with agreement.

“Then what else can we do?” Tanzanite asked.

“What if we used a different kind of powder,” Sandbar suggested. “The one that doesn’t irritate the skin like baby powder. And then add a little coloring pigment to it.”

“Good idea, Sandbar,” Sunburst commented. “We’ll take note of that.”

“I do have a theory of what the issue is,” Ravi spoke. Sunburst and the students looked towards him. “I was in a bit of a hurry and picked out the first kind of powder that I found with some dyes."

"So... Are you saying you bought itching powder without checking, didn't you?" Gus asked. The buffalo sadly nodded.

"Thanks for admitting your mistake, Ravi," Sunburst said. "We'll find a use for this stuff somehow." Applejack left the stage to find some powder that wouldn't be irritating to the students.

Back with Gallus, the school nurse had poured some water into his eye, washing the powder out. It still stung a little bit after he and Silverstream left the office. "How are you feeling?" the hippogriff asked.

“I'll be good in a little bit,” the griffon groaned. “Hopefully, I can still act.”

“I'm sure you will. You've been putting in the most effort out of all of us.”

Gallus chuckled. “Yeah. How about you? Do you think you can do the scenes where you have to be emotional?”

“What do you mean?”

“I mean like the scenes where you looked for your father, get stuck in the dungeon, head home to save your dad. Stuff like that?”

“I performed the scene where I met Sweet Tea pretty well. We're going to do great.” Gallus smiled and rolled his eyes as he knew Silverstream would bring plenty of energy to the table. While the griffon didn't notice, Silverstream leaned a little close to him. She wanted to get in front of him, but... She felt awkward right now and messing up what she wanted to do would make it feel worse. So she just kept walked with Gallus until they got to the stage. They had been told about the wrong kind of powder so they would have to do other scenes. After a bit of debating, they decided to go with the ballroom scene.

Gallus had just been given his suit that was specially made for him to wear even dressed as the monster. He then saw Silverstream walk out not only in her golden dress, but with gloves, and her mane tied into a bun. The griffon blushed as he tried to stay in character. He looked over to Sandbar, who gave a confident smile telling him to get keep going. The beautiful hippogriff and monstrous princess stepped closer to each other and held each other's talons.

“You ready?” Silverstream asked.

“Ready,” Gallus responded.

A music player was backstage and Rusty placed the needle on the record. Music that could've been heard at something like the Grand Galloping Gala started playing. The two griffs started dancing around slowly as they looked into each other's eyes. They stumbled a little bit as they had a lack of experience with ballroom dancing, something Rarity took notice of.

The unicorn whispered to Pinkie Pie, as to not distract the students. “Pinkie, did anyone remember the dance practice?” Rarity questioned.

Pinkie didn’t respond as she hadn't thought about dance practice until now. “…That'd be a no," she admitted. They could see Gallus and Silverstream stumbling a little bit more until Silverstream tripped, taking Gallus with her. Seeing their mishap, Rarity walked over to them.

“Perhaps we should do some practice with our dance skills. When you get out of your outfits, I'd like you to meet me in the gym.” She then walked away, leaving Starlight to double-check something she had missed before.

“She has a point,” the headmare noted. “Because of the events yesterday, we must've skimmed over dance practice.”

“So, which ones of us do have to practice?” Ocellus asked.

“Let's see…” Starlight took a look at the list having all of the students that were a part of a scene where dancing was involved. “Aside from Gallus and Silverstream, Moss, Pate, Ocellus, Sandbar, Tanzanite…” As the Headmare read her list, some of the students were a little concerned about how they'd do.


Later, in the gym, Gallus and Silverstream met up with Rarity, who had set up the room to look like a dance school. There was a record play, some mats with some hoof prints on them to help instruct anyone who was learning to dance. Rarity was taking a look at a book with some instructions before looking up to see the students. “Oh, good, you're here,” she said.

“Hey, Professor,” Gallus said. “So, do we wait for everyone else?”

“You two have a very important scene, so it’d be better if you two are first. Now, you and Silver step on the mat so we can start practicing.” Gallus and Silverstream both did as they were told to try and follow the steps on the mat they stood on.

Rarity started the music player and the two began performing the same dance they tried on stage. Gallus kept looking down at the steps to try and follow them. Silverstream kept trying to make eye contact with Gallus, because of this she ended up stumbling a little bit. “Silver, look at the mat,” Gallus spoke. The hippogriff looked down at the hoof prints she was supposed to be stepping on.

She tried to follow along with the griffon, but she started stumbling again. Trying to recover, Silverstream tried to look at the mat and Gallus, but fumbled up and fell over. “I'm okay,” she groaned.

Both griffs looked over to their professor, who looked concerned. “This is why we should've had the lessons yesterday,” she sighed. "Never mind, Silver, would you like some assistance?” The hippogriff nodded and Gallus stepped out of the way, so the generous mare could help her student. Both Rarity and Silverstream danced along to the music. The mare was going slow so Silverstream could keep up and learn the moves.

“Okay... Just keep an eye on the mat,” Silverstream muttered to herself.

“Try counting the steps in your head.”

The hippogriff listened to the advice and began counting to herself. “One two three, one two three.” Gallus watched as Rarity helped teach Silverstream how to dance while he waited for his turn.

Once Rarity was done with Silverstream, she turned her attention to the griffon. “Alright, Gallus, your turn.” Gallus’s practice was pretty much the same as Silverstream’s, he just counted the steps in his head.

When they were done, they could see some more students showing up. Smolder was the first one to ask a question while holding back her laughter. “You two having fun dancing?” she asked.

“I wouldn't laugh right now, Smolder,” Rarity warned. “Gallus and Silverstream have the easy moves to learn. You and the others have more complex ones to learn.” Smolder's cheeky smile vanished from her face.

“Oh… never mind.”

Silverstream looked at the dance mat they had used as Rarity began rolling it up. “Can we borrow this for a while, please?” the hippogriff asked.

“Sure,” Rarity replied, “just make sure you return it if you’re done.” Silverstream nodded and was handed the dance mat, and she and Gallus left to find a place where they could practice. All they can think of was the treehouse, that’ll be the perfect place to practice.

Rarity changed the record to a different song that better fit the theme of the dance that the other students would perform. Unlike the ballroom music that the griffs had, this music sounded a little more fast-paced. Rarity placed out a couple more dance mats and they look more complex than the one that was rolled out a few minutes ago.

“…You sure we can learn this in time?" Tanzanite asked.

“The play isn't meant to show so several days. You'll have plenty of time. Either way, I suggest you start practicing now.” Sandbar decided to start first since his character danced the most out of all the other students. He started slowly to memorize the steps on the mat. Tanzanite still wasn't sure how to feel about this, since dragons never really danced before to his knowledge. There were exceptions like Smolder and Peridot on the cheer squad.

He looked at Sandbar, who was starting to hit his groove and started speeding up to match the tempo of the music. “Come on, Tanz,” he said, “You're part of this musical number too.”

The drake wasn't as confident as the colt as he stepped onto the dance mat. The drake tried to dance along a little bit until he fell over embarrassingly. “I guess I have a lot more work to do than I thought,” Rarity muttered.

Meanwhile, Gallus and Silverstream had taken the dance mat to their treehouse and the hippogriff wanted to get started right away. Silverstream grabbed onto Gallus's talons. “Silver, take it easy,” the griffon cried.

“Sorry, Gally,” the hippogriff apologized, “I just really want to learn this dance. Professor Rarity said it was important. Let's just get started.” Gallus simply shrugged and the two started practicing their dance. Both of them tried counting their steps both out loud and in their heads. Both of them fumbled a little bit and it almost felt like something was missing.

“Hold on, Silver, could you stop for a minute?” Silverstream let go of the griffon's talons and looked a little confused.

“What's wrong?”

“Something is missing.” The two griffs could hear the awkward silence and the needed some kind of music. Then Gallus had an idea. “I'll be right back. You stay here.”

Gallus quickly flew away and left Silverstream by herself. The hippogriff waited for a couple of minutes until she saw Gallus flying back carrying a record player.

“Did you borrow the record player?”

“Actually, this is the one you got me for my birthday. I did borrow the record Rarity used when we were practicing.” Gallus placed the record down on the table and set the record on it. After placing the needle on the record, music began to play. “That's better. Now, where were we?”

The griffon and hippogriff both held each other's talons again as they now had something dance along to. They kept counting the steps as they slowly but surely got better at their dance. Both of them looked at each other and blushed a bit. Silverstream even tried to lean closer to Gallus. The griffon thought his friend was overcompensating to keep her balance and leaned back a little bit. Silverstream felt a little embarrassed about this and just kept dancing, trying to play this off as a mistake.

Back at the school, Tanz was still struggling to learn the moves. He kept on fumbling and Smolder was starting to get sick of it. “Okay, let's try doing it as a duet,” she declared.

“Excuse me?” Tanz asked. Smolder grabbed his claw and brought him to the middle of the mat.

“First of all, you're going too slow. If you can't keep up with the music, you're going to keep fumbling.”

“You sure?”

“Look at Sandbar.” Smolder pointed to her friend, who was keeping up with the tempo and rhythm of the music. “Try and keep up with me.” Tanz did so and soon found himself keeping his footing despite the speed of their dancing. “See, you're doing better.”

“Yeah, I see that.”

“Now, let go.” Smolder let go of the drake's claws to let him try and dance on his own.

“Okay, I feel more confident.”

“See, you're getting it.”

“Very well done,” Rarity gladly commented. She looked down the hall to see Pyther walking in with Emerald and Peridot. “Just a minute, girls. We're still working on the dinner guest dance. Besides, you have a lot of actors with you.” Rarity doubled check a list she was given to see how many students she would have to teach.


Later that evening, Gallus and Silverstream were heading back to the stage carrying the dance mat, record, and record player. Like the day before, they had lost track of time and were worried that they wouldn't be able to rehearse their scene again. However, they found that most of the students were practicing the musical number where Bronze Shield was the center of attention. Some of them were a little flat and a couple of them fumbled a little bit. Silverstream sat down and watched while Gallus went to put the supplies back.

Ocellus was watching them practice and looked over to her friend. “Hey, Silverstream,” the changeling said, “How'd you and Gallus doing?”

“Pretty good,” the hippogriff responded. “Gallus won't admit it, but he had fun. I wish we could've practiced other things.”

"Like what?"

The hippogriff blushed a little bit as she covered up her beak with her wing. "The... kissing scene." Ocellus understood how her friend was feeling. “Maybe it's because I did it at the wrong time. I tried to do it while we were dancing. I should've saved it for when we stopped.”

“Probably. Did he even know?”

"I'm… not sure."

Gallus had just placed his record player back in his room and was returning the record and mat to the gym when he passed by Sandbar, who was just getting some drinks. “Hey, Gallus,” the colt said. “How'd practice go?”

“Pretty good,” the griffon shrugged. "I mean… Silver leaned in a little bit and I thought she was losing her balance... Oh gosh.” Gallus placed his stuff down and groaned in frustration.

“What is it?”

“She was trying to kiss me.” Sandbar realized the problem and sat beside his friend to try and comfort him. “How is it so hard to do just one kiss? I've seen you and Yona do it all the time.”

"The first time is always the hardest."

"You think?"

“You and Silver are good friends and she's now open to the idea of you dating.” That comment got Sandbar to think about the situation. “Maybe that's what you need, a date.”

“By that, hangouts don't count, do they?” Sandbar shook his head left and right. “Great. Then what do you have in mind?” The colt thought about this as he would try and think about the things that both Gallus and Silverstream would like.

“Meet me in our dorm tonight. I'm going to talk to the girls about this.” Sandbar walked out with the drinks, leaving Gallus to return the borrowed supplies. “Why do I feel like I'm going to regret this?” He just sighed as he knew there wasn't anything he could do about it now.


Gallus was soon waiting in his dorm room, tossing a ball at the wall. It bounced back and he caught it in his talon before tossing it again. He stopped when Sandbar walked in. The griffon tossed the ball to the floor before standing up in front of his roommate. “So, what you and the girls have planned for me?”

“Oh, just a simple date at Sugarcube Corner,” Sandbar informed. “Look, I even got you my best tie.” Sandbar showed his friend a navy blue bow tie, which Gallus just had a low brow on. “We couldn't get you guys anything too fancy.”

“Right then. How's Silver doing anyway.”

Silverstream was bubbling with excitement. She had put on the sea-themed headband that Yona had managed to make for her in a short amount of time. “I can't believe it,” she beamed, “A real date.”

“Yona happy for Silver,” Yona smiled.

“Maybe if it goes well, we can do a triple date.”

“I still don't understand how that’d work,” Smolder admitted.

Ocellus didn't question her friend's enthusiasm and decided to give some advice. “Just make sure you two have a great time,” she recommended. “Try and do something unique to make it memorable.” The hippogriff thought about what the changeling meant by that. Then she looked down at her pearl shard.

“Thanks, girls,” she said. “Wish me luck.” Silverstream flew out of the room excitedly rushing to Gallus's dorm. Once she got there, she found Sandbar helping the griffon put the bow tie on. Gallus saw his date waiting in the doorway and pointed it out Silverstream to the colt.

“Oh, hey, Silver,” Sandbar said. He quickly put the finishing touches on the tie before stepping aside. Gallus managed to put on a confident look before walking over to the hippogriff.

“Silverstream,” he said, "You ready?" Silverstream blushed as she saw the griffon hold out his talon. She held onto it and the two made their way to Sugarcube Corner. During their flight, both of them were pondering what they would do. The final scene was still on their minds. When they made it to Sugarcube Corner, they found that Pinkie was just placing down two slices of cake.

When the two griff sat down and could see each slice of cake had half a heart on them. “Gallus, look,” Silverstream said. She managed to put both their slices together and make the heart whole.

“Hmm, nice touch,” the griffon commented with a smile. They had their slices separated again and both began to enjoy the desert. “So, you think that some of them need work?”

“What? The cakes?”

“No, not that. I'm talking about our classmates. Has Pate managed to learn his lines without forgetting them?”

“I think he's got some flashcards. I saw him using a few during the Bronze musical number. He's starting to learn his lines properly.”

“Good for him. What about Coral? How's she doing?”

“She was practicing off stage. I mean… she only has one major part in the play. She doesn't seem to mind though.”

“Good to hear. I don't want another Diamond Shine making things harder than they need to be. Do you think that Headmare Starlight went too easy on her? I mean, she fed you peanuts.”

“She didn't know I was allergic to them.”

“I know, but she still put sneezing powder on it. She was trying to poison you.”

“Yeah, that was kind of despicable.” She took another bite of her cake as she and Gallus pondered. “You think minotaurs turn into seahorses?”

“Say what?”

“I’m curious about what happens to them when I use my pearl shard on them. Kelpie and Pearl told me what happened to Yona, Smolder, Tanz, and Sandbar. It’s just so curious.”

“To be fair, we didn’t know most of them existed.”

“That’s true. My species were hiding for crying out loud. Actually, now that I think about it, what if there are other gems that can change species? Like a ruby that turns any creatures into dragons, or what about a crystal makes you the size of an ant?”

“You think that gems like those could exist?”

"It's possible. What other magical items do you think are out there?"

"Well, there were those statues we found. One where we got younger and older, and the one where Smolder swapped bodies with the Dragon Lord."

“Yeah. I remember that. Do you think there could be a statue that can make us into different elements? Like you become living fire or me as a living cloud.”

“…A little weird but after everything we've seen, I wouldn't be surprised. Like that mirror.”

“You mean that one to the other world?”

“That's the one. I don’t think we should talk about that here.” Gallus looked around and outside of the building to make sure nobody heard them. “I don’t want to find out what happens when some creature finds out about another world.”

“You have a point. Although, I’m kind of curious about other worlds.”

“Here we go.”

“Like, what if there was a world that was both like the human one and ours. What do you think that would look like?”

“Confusing. You think we’d always have to wear clothes?”

“I wouldn’t mind. Terry says that female Minotaurs wear clothes all the time.”

“Eh, I’d get used to it.” The two griff chatted along until they had finished their slices and were wondering where to go next. Silverstream looked down at her necklace and wanted to go swimming and then grabbed Gallus’s talon.

“You want to find out what a griffon looks like after using the pearl shard?” she asked.

Gallus smirked. “I know you’ve been dying to know,” he chuckled. Soon, the griffon got tugged away to the pond. Though he wasn’t too sure, Gallus felt his tie was loose.

Silverstream couldn’t wait any longer. When she saw the pond she soared through the air and activated her shard. Because of her impulse, she only used the pearl on herself, leaving Gallus as a griffon. The two splashed into the water with only one of them able to breathe.

Gallus quickly started swimming back up to the surface as Silverstream saw his tie fall off. Not to mention, she felt her headband coming loose too. It seemed like both accessories didn’t like water as the tie sunk like a rock and the headband was falling apart.

Gallus resurfaced and coughed as some water had gotten sucked in his windpipe. After taking a minute to regain his breath, he looked over to Silverstream, who had brought up their accessories. The tie had soaked up a good amount of water and the headband was missing all of the accessories Yona had added on. “Oh no,” the seapony sighed.

“Geez,” Gallus commented, “I sure hope Sandbar doesn't mind a wet tie.”

“Yona's going to be upset over her headband.” Leaving the headband on land, Silverstream dove back underwater to see if she could find the pieces that fell off. Gallus tried squeezing the water out of the tie until the seapony returned empty hoofed. “I can't find the pieces.”

“It's too dark. I think Sandbar's tie's okay. I hope it's not one of those clothes that mold.”

“Oh, gosh, Gallus I'm sorry. I... I think I can get these fixed.”

“Hey, it's just a tie. I'm sure Sandbar will understand.” Silverstream didn't seem to think so, especially since the headband she wore was as dull as one she could buy at a bit store.

“Um... I'm going to see if... I can return these to Yona and... I'll be right back.” Silverstream changed back into a hippogriff, took the headband and tie, and flew away, leaving Gallus behind. Confused, the griffon stayed behind. He waited by the water for twenty minutes. He looked at the stars for a while until he got bored of waiting, and decided to find out where his friend went.

He traveled back to the school and looked around. “Silver? Silver!? Where are you?" Gallus walked around for a little while until he found Ocellus. “Hey, Celly, have you seen Silver?”

“Yeah, but…” The changeling paused as she looked a bit confused. “What happened?” she questioned.

“What are you talking about?”

“Silver's sulking in her bedroom and we can't get her to talk.”

“All I know was that we were going swimming and she accidentally ruined our accessories. I wasn't mad she left before I could say anything.” This just made Ocellus more confused. She brought Gallus over to Silverstream's dorm, where the hippogriff was lying on her bed with her head resting on her pillow. “Have you all tried talking with her?”

“Yeah. No luck. I don't know what's gotten her so upset.” The two of them left Silverstream in her room. She wanted to be alone. Gallus felt bad for her.